DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Speaking of horny Sana, are her current...."proclivities" truly a natural fascination or are they the result of the influences of outside forces? She seems to have been sensitive to the supernatural elements of the setting so it seems to me like her recent "blossoming" was just because
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That said this also explains why she RPs a huge orc in D&D so it could go either way. Quiet doesn't mean "pure".
I doubt they are completely "natural" as these girls have presumably been mind fucked for millions of years, but it has been hinted at that Sana has been into this stuff since she was 11:
Presumably around the time her brother died and she met Ayane.

Also, considering even Nodoka felt she was a "freak", basically right after seeing her:
And Sara was used to Sana sleeping in:
I'm inclined to believe this was a side of Sana, even before the supernatural stuff affected her.

I do think the reasoning behind this is a little darker than has been revealed, though.

Aug 20, 2021
Now that the 15 event camp is confirmed (and it wasn't April Fools), I'm curious what happened to the Touka and Molly events that were scheduled for 0.40, were they moved to 0.41?, or are they still standing in some strange way? :unsure:
Hm… If you take out the Touka and Molly events and add up the rest… that leaves us with exactly 14. Main event to lead us into the action maybe? Making it 15?

Then do Touka and Molly’s events in 0.41 or something?

Of course I can only speculate.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Hm… If you take out the Touka and Molly events and add up the rest… that leaves us with exactly 14. Main event to lead us into the action maybe? Making it 15?
Secret events are also exist. Also we can get 1 of Touka/Molly events as part of chain, but not part of camping itself etc etc

Oct 1, 2023
Not gonna lie, Ami was never one of my favorites and I really started hating her when she started being overly possesive. Now I feel so bad for her and want to make sure she recovers and is okay.
I took her presence for granted, in previous updates, every single morning without fail you would be waken up by Ami and taken care of, now in these past updates navigating stuff feels so weird and I can't even call almost anyone or come over.
Please be okay

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Secret events are also exist. Also we can get 1 of Touka/Molly events as part of chain, but not part of camping itself etc etc
Yeah, i had the same tought. Especially because we got so many events without akira in it lately, that it seems pretty reasonable that they would just get their events shoved in between the camping events.

Aug 20, 2021
I wouldn’t mind another Happy Event tbh. What was the last one we had? “Rain King” in 0.35? I look forward to them for how strange they can get and how they add to the lore.
Not gonna lie, Ami was never one of my favorites and I really started hating her when she started being overly possesive. Now I feel so bad for her and want to make sure she recovers and is okay.
I took her presence for granted, in previous updates, every single morning without fail you would be waken up by Ami and taken care of, now in these past updates navigating stuff feels so weird and I can't even call almost anyone or come over.
Please be okay
Same… I find some of Ami’s actions deplorable, and I admit she does need help. But I don’t hate her at all. I really like Ami as a character. I want to see her get better too.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Same… I find some of Ami’s actions deplorable, and I admit she does need help. But I don’t hate her at all. I really like Ami as a character. I want to see her get better too.
I think Ami would have worked better if she was shown less angry and aggressive, but more sad and scared. We got little moments here and there, but they were usually always overshadowed by follow ups that did shine her just in a bad light. And Sel could have still get angry and aggressive scenes, but imo he should have done it after making it more clear how scared she is and how vulnerable. That way people could understand why she is angry, why she acts like that. I mean sure, we know she lost her parents and akira is all the family she still has left and loosing her parents left her scared. But all of that was true from the start of the game. While she totally lost it just recently.

Aug 20, 2021
I think Ami would have worked better if she was shown less angry and aggressive, but more sad and scared. We got little moments here and there, but they were usually always overshadowed by follow ups that did shine her just in a bad light. And Sel could have still get angry and aggressive scenes, but imo he should have done it after making it more clear how scared she is and how vulnerable. That way people could understand why she is angry, why she acts like that. I mean sure, we know she lost her parents and akira is all the family she still has left and loosing her parents left her scared. But all of that was true from the start of the game. While she totally lost it just recently.
What you say is true, but hey. Better late than never, right? Ami is probably at her lowest point right now. She hit rock bottom and stabbed the one person she cares about most with the pair of scissors she cut her hair with in a panic attack when he tried taking them away. If there’s any better time to show a vulnerable, emotional and scared side of Ami in story, I think now would be the perfect time for Sel to do it.

I fumbled the image preview (that was definitely Sara, not Niki), but there’s still a point to be made there. Does Ami truly yearn for a mother figure or guardian? Is a part of her actually vulnerable deep down, after all the trauma she’s endured? She’s a teenage girl and, like Maya, it’s not as if she’s invincible.

I have to wonder about that, myself.

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
So, after i had some time thinking about it. Maybe this could have been done like Wakana and how the loops affect her. Remember? Wakana gets her feeling of success from her students leaving into the world. Something the loops do refuse to her. And that did let to her suicide attemp. Remember also, that happened right at the start. So it would fit, that Ami also wouldnt just break at the start. So... what when Sel had made it clear that Ami is also affected by the loops? That Akira left her for other girls in those loops. And that feeling just burnt itself into her subconscious, just like it worked for Wakana.

Yeah, i think that would have worked quite well, would show us how much the loops affect the people trapped in it even without them noticing and by that would also fit right into the world.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
I've definitely found something very interesting while replaying, which seems to have been overlooked and somewhat overshadowed in the Cute Girl and Stuff event, due to Io's early appearance.
And basically we can see Sekai's shadow in chapter 1, possibly the only one not counting her very blurred in happy events.
I've made sure that it might not be, Ami in her winter hair, revisiting Rain King and Smell of Summers.
and how Sekai has those two characteristic strands of hair, compared to Ami's many spiky ones.

Which leads me to wonder how much influence Sekai has over Ami or possible contacts in some way, or rather the shadow there is an early indication of Akira's state of mind, or half of both. possibly.
An interesting wink to say the least.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
You mentioned showing how scared and vulnerable she is, but don't the scenes where she visits her parents perfectly exemplify that? Where she actually allows herself to properly show her emotion and act as a kid again?

The reason why she normally doesn't do so is because she's looking after a 30+ year old manchild who can't even properly take care of himself, much less anyone else. She cooks, cleans, and babies him... almost like a real mother. Not to mention that this dude has the mental fortitude of newspaper, constantly has schizo episodes, turns into a vegetable for months at a time, and tried killing himself in the past. The phrase "stay strong for your children" pretty much describes Ami, with the child being Sensei.

Everyone is a threat because as she said, they don't really understand Sensei, and might end up mentally fucking him, which, as she knows from the past, is very bad. She acts so aggressive because she wants people to stay away, because even if the people don't mean to they will eventually hurt Sensei because they don't really know him. And again, Sensei is all that she has left. If he dies, she'll be alone - and you can see from the scenes with her visiting her mother/father how scared she is of that.

I think she has very consistent characterization. And this recent breakdown is her realizing she can't be the one for him: she can't protect him when she's so flawed herself, and that she might actually be the one inadvertently hurting him.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
You mentioned showing how scared and vulnerable she is, but don't the scenes where she visits her parents perfectly exemplify that? Where she actually allows herself to properly show her emotion and act as a kid again?
That event might for some over a year ago. So even if people still remember it, it clearly doesnt shines as bright as her "i will kill you all and take your organs" speech.

Fact is, Sel did spend much more time and effort on showing us that she did go crazy, and not even nearly enough on why she did go crazy. So what people have in their mind when they think of ami, it is a crazy and potentially dangerous psycho and not a poor young girl that just broke under the weight of her world.

And the fault is clearly not on the player side.

That mall event really left a mark on my psyche...
It really wasnt a fun event, that could have been done much shorter. I would even go so far that it was so long that hurt its effect, because i bet a lot of people were annoyed by long before the end.

Aug 20, 2021
So i'm playing this other VN and this image pops up:
View attachment 3523199
And i had this visceral flash back, literally skipped a heartbeat and threw a shiver down my spine.

That mall event really left a mark on my psyche...
Man ikr… “Amy” is still my favorite Happy Event yet. Very eerie and unique. I felt genuinely lost while playing it in a good way.

Also what VN is that?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes