barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Okay, I'm having a problem understanding something in, 'The Legacy of Thaum Pt. I' when everyone is playing DnD. Rin is a Warlock with a d8 and has been failing all her checks for perception and attack by rolling a 5, I'm assuming 5 is below the threshold to land a hit. Later she finally rolls a 6 and tries to use the ranged attack Eldritch Blast, but Molly says the attack modifier for that spell is +5 and so she actually rolled a natural-1. WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN. I don't know much about DnD, but I'm pretty sure you can't roll negatives. Even if it was a typo or something and she said natural 1, how does that make sense? Shouldn't positive attack modifiers add to the damage not take it away? And she only rolled once to see if it would hit she didn't roll again for the attack damage So what does the attack modifier do here? This is driving me insane.

I need a DnD expert to tell me what's going on here. Here is the chatlog.
My time has come!

Molly doesn't say "negative 1," she says "Natural 1."

Common D&D speak -- "Natural" means "that's the number showing on the die," while "modified" would be "the number on the die + any modifers applied." A natural 1 always misses, and a natural 20 always crits (or creates the potential for a crit that has to be confirmed by a second roll, depending on which edition you're playing).

The sequence of play is -- roll to hit, add modifers, and compare the result against the opponents armor class. So when she asks "does a 6 hit" she means she's added the modifier already, and Molly caught on to the nuance.

Note: AC starts at 10 and goes up from there, which is why 5 almost never hits, but a 6 (modified to 11) might.

Aug 20, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I knew that frog looked familiar! There definitely could be a connection to Frog Boy in there somewhere. Nao-chan is just a weird character to figure out right now... I like her a lot, but definitely weird. Take the latest update for example, during Kirin's event, "Rubber Traits".

Not to mention at the end of the same event, she appears and waves to the audience, breaking the fourth wall. I checked if this appears in the replays, but it doesn't.

What's your game, Nao-chan??

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I think it is, nice catch
I knew that frog looked familiar! There definitely could be a connection to Frog Boy in there somewhere. Nao-chan is just a weird character to figure out right now... I like her a lot, but definitely weird. Take the latest update for example, during Kirin's event, "Rubber Traits".

Not to mention at the end of the same event, she appears and waves to the audience, breaking the fourth wall. I checked if this appears in the replays, but it doesn't.

What's your game, Nao-chan??
That girl worries me

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I think this update might be similar to 0.29 ( correct me if I'm wrong) where we have a large event chain that leads into a reset then we have the rest of the character events. Molly and Touka don't fit the milf camping trip criteria. So I'm assuming their events would come after the camping trip chain.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
I think this update might be similar to 0.29 ( correct me if I'm wrong)
0.27 hallow dorm wars-->beachtsmas 0.28--> (tsuneyo/yumi events-->reset) 0.29

We just had a reset. Doubt the next will be so soon.
My bet is still 0.41, as I had collected 1 month ago, so it will be when Sel returns from his month of vacation, I don't know if we will enter directly from the camp to reset events but it may be a possibility.

All chapters are made up of more or less 11/12 large denominations 0.x.0, so the reset in the middle of each chapter will necessarily revolve around the +0.6.0 versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dc345

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Code:
qefp fp lkiv qeb ybdfkkfkd. qefkdp tfii lkiv dbq tlopb colj qefp mlfkq lk
I originally came here to see if anyone knows how to decrypt it but then I figured it out lol

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes