hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
As for the DnD nonsense, i really don't think Selly put much work into making sure it all reflected proper DnD to the single digit, just ignore it and focus on what's actually important about the scene, the girls interacting.
Actually, the D&D stuff is generally dead on, at least from a game mechanics standpoint.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm and here I was thinking it's could be the door to either the attic room (where Sekai's old belongings are kept), or Sensei's childhood bedroom, or just another door we haven't seen before because it just doesn't look like Mr. Toji's bedroom in my eyes (even if the stop sign is omitted).
1712708327271.png 1712708348855.png

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Hmm and here I was thinking it's could be the door to either the attic room (where Sekai's old belongings are kept), or Sensei's childhood bedroom, or just another door we haven't seen before because it just doesn't look like Mr. Toji's bedroom in my eyes (even if the stop sign is omitted).
View attachment 3525885 View attachment 3525886
Huh, so my memory did betray me. Welp it just came into my mind the second i saw it.

Jan 1, 2024
View attachment 3525885 View attachment 3525886
Yeah, it isn't Toji's, doorknob especially

Oh also I want to add something, not sure if all of them are just like this because of how graffiti might work in KK (I've never used KK) but I think Pareidolia has something to do with the appearance of the door with how the graffiti is lowercased
And it feels a bit like a trap/setup for something to happen.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Okay, I'm having a problem understanding something in, 'The Legacy of Thaum Pt. I' when everyone is playing DnD. Rin is a Warlock with a d8 and has been failing all her checks for perception and attack by rolling a 5, I'm assuming 5 is below the threshold to land a hit. Later she finally rolls a 6 and tries to use the ranged attack Eldritch Blast, but Molly says the attack modifier for that spell is +5 and so she actually rolled a natural-1. WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN. I don't know much about DnD, but I'm pretty sure you can't roll negatives. Even if it was a typo or something and she said natural 1, how does that make sense? Shouldn't positive attack modifiers add to the damage not take it away? And she only rolled once to see if it would hit she didn't roll again for the attack damage So what does the attack modifier do here? This is driving me insane.

I need a DnD expert to tell me what's going on here. Here is the chatlog. View attachment 3523950
They're rolling a d20 for skill checks, saving throws, and attacks. The d8 that you reference was probably just for her starting hit points when she was creating the character.

Rolling a 1 on a d20 means you automatically fail whatever you're rolling for. If it's an attack, you miss spectacularly. If you're trying to jump on a table, someone spilled beer on it so you slip and hit your head. If you're trying to seduce a dragon, it eats you. Etc.

Rin rolled a 1 on the die for her attack so she automatically missed, even if she happened to add enough to hit it with her attack modifier - that's it.

It's only confusing because Selly called it a "natural-1" here for some reason, which reads like "natural minus 1". It's a dash, not a minus sign. Nothing is being subtracted. 1 on the die = miss.

Molly wasn't fucking Rin over here or anything, that's just a super basic rule of the game. If Molly wanted to get a little spicy as the DM, she could easily rule that on a nat 1, Rin misses the creature and hits one of her friends' characters who were standing next to it, but she didn't, she just had Rin hit a tree.

Note: AC starts at 10 and goes up from there, which is why 5 almost never hits, but a 6 (modified to 11) might.
The AC for player characters starts at 10. Rin's attack of 6 (1 on the die + 5 modifier) was technically enough to hit the giant mushroom thing they were fighting if it hadn't been a nat 1.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, it isn't Toji's, doorknob especially

Oh also I want to add something, not sure if all of them are just like this because of how graffiti might work in KK (I've never used KK) but I think Pareidolia has something to do with the appearance of the door with how the graffiti is lowercased
And it feels a bit like a trap/setup for something to happen.
Sensei is with a wizard, "salvation lies within" is in lowercase which might imply Pareidolia, and it still probably wants Sensei to take what doesn't belong to him. Might even be a door to his old study room. What could go wrong?

Aug 20, 2021
Sensei is with a wizard, "salvation lies within" is in lowercase which might imply Pareidolia, and it still probably wants Sensei to take what doesn't belong to him. Might even be a door to his old study room. What could go wrong?
An h scene with Nao so soon would be nuts! But I can see it. Pareidolia with the bait yet again, the fact that Nao has the eyes of the two most important people in Sensei’s life… it’s the ultimate temptation really.

Now to see if Akira can overcome it.

Aug 20, 2021
I remember that when the spoilers for 0.40 came out and that it would be focused on secondary characters, I said that it would be one of the worst updates, I think I said it too soon because this update looks like it will be very interesting and there will be a bit of drama .
I agree. Don’t want to speak too soon or anything, but… I think the camping setting will make for a nice change of pace after all the dorm wars and beach vacations and etc. It’s nice to see the characters in a new environment.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I agree. Don’t want to speak too soon or anything, but… I think the camping setting will make for a nice change of pace after all the dorm wars and beach vacations and etc. It’s nice to see the characters in a new environment.
I think that practically everyone was already tired of the same beach, Halloween and dorm wars, there has to be something new and good, it literally looks like it's going to be a vacation from these events that we needed and if we left it until Akira needed, I remember even he said he was starting to get tired because of it.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
So it's not tsuneyo's father's room then, well but there's still a clue,
I tried to remember and look for clues if there are mentions of salvation and I found a couple of things that might be related. Nothing more, nothing less, two main events before the introduction of Yasu.

no need to say who is behind Yasu,
although Hope/Callous is very inactive currently, curious given the last thing that happened with Yasu... it could also be Pareidollia in the middle of a mockery/trap against him of course, given all his recent prominence.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021
Wait a minute… Possible revelation! Although it could just be nothing.

Remember when Yasu was freaking out last update and Tsuneyo disappeared? Well, remember during Yasu’s premonition when she mentioned saving the ‘lamb’ (Akira) and that ‘she’s lying’?

What if Yasu was referring to Nao, and not Maya?

“Salvation lies within.” We see this in the preview image. What if that was the ‘lie’?

Sure, it could be Pareidolia. But remember when Nao handed Makoto the drawing of wilford blackhole hands? She ‘spoke’ in all lowercase too, so we can’t rule that out either.

Hmm, I dunno. Kinda suspicious.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021
Wait a minute… Possible revelation! Although it could just be nothing.

Remember when Yasu was freaking out last update and Tsuneyo disappeared? Well, remember during Yasu’s premonition when she mentioned saving the ‘lamb’ (Akira) and that ‘she’s lying’?

What if Yasu was referring to Nao, and not Maya?

“Salvation lies within.” We see this in the preview image. What if that was the ‘lie’?

Sure, it could be Pareidolia. But remember when Nao handed Makoto the drawing of wilford blackhole hands? She ‘spoke’ in all lowercase too, so we can’t rule that out either.

Hmm, I dunno. Kinda suspicious.
I feel like I should know that answer to this, but do we know what god Nao is aligned with, or is that still unclear? Because it seems like that would be pertinent to your comment, given that the gods seem to be in competition with each other.

Aug 20, 2021
I feel like I should know that answer to this, but do we know what god Nao is aligned with, or is that still unclear? Because it seems like that would be pertinent to your comment, given that the gods seem to be in competition with each other.
Nao-chan’s alignment with the gods is still pretty unclear as far as I know. Nao has been briefly touched on in Happy Events but admittedly some of the lore is lost on me at the moment. I’m sure our resident lore expert DeSkel would know for certain! :LOL:

If I were to take an educated guess, though? I don’t think she has anything to do with HOPE or Wires.

Dec 31, 2021
I don’t think she has anything to do with HOPE or Wires.
I'll agree with you on that front, but I'm tired right now so the lore escapes me too, haha. I'm not convinced she's with Paradolia, and since she's not obviously aligned with Hope, your idea might be right.

I was also thinking about how some of the gods seem to be related to parental figures, like Sekai with Ami, and Wires with Tsuneyo's dad. I wonder if Hope might be related too, and given his name, it would make sense for him to be involved with Nozomu somehow. Though why Yasu would be his rep doesn't make much sense, but since Sekai already has Ami, maybe he had to settle for a different girl? I don't know, I'm just sleepy bullshitting, probably.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I thought it was a consensus that Nao-Chan was linked to Nao, Nao-chan, in addition to breaking the fourth wall, seems to have the power to create/give life or bodies to spirits just by drawing them, so for her to have this power, seriously, I thought she was linked to Nao, who in my view seems to be the strongest god, since he is almost omniscient.

DesKel if I'm wrong could mention some stronger god that was talked about than Nao.

Reactions: hopeisdead6969
Dec 31, 2021
I didn't get the feeling that Nao-chan was creating those creatures, but that they always exist, but Sensei doesn't notice them until they are revealed to him. Like how you might not notice a thing in the enviroment until someone explicitly points it out to you. Sort of the whole idea of knowledge too terrible for humans to comprehend, and madness following their revelation to someone. But that's just my gut feeling, so who knows.

Also, is Nao-chan different from Nao? I didn't think they were necessarily separate entities in the way Yasu is seperate from Hope. More like Nao-chan is either an extension or an aspect of the main Nao, or something.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I didn't get the feeling that Nao-chan was creating those creatures, but that they always exist, but Sensei doesn't notice them until they are revealed to him. Like how you might not notice a thing in the enviroment until someone explicitly points it out to you. Sort of the whole idea of knowledge too terrible for humans to comprehend, and madness following their revelation to someone. But that's just my gut feeling, so who knows.

Also, is Nao-chan different from Nao? I didn't think they were necessarily separate entities in the way Yasu is seperate from Hope. More like Nao-chan is either an extension or an aspect of the main Nao, or something.
I was reviewing this event where Nao appears and I find it quite funny that Nao seems to be the strongest God and he is the only god that I saw Akira being able to hold a good conversation without making mistakes in words.(Of course, this was before Nao threw Akira's trauma without any warning in his face, as this made Akira almost have a panic attack)

Involving Nao-chan, that's why I said it was about creating spirits or giving physical bodies to spirits, I really think that Nao doesn't create them but just gives them the bodies they need to enter the physical world.

I think Nao-chan is not a host like Kaori, Akira and Yasu I really think she is more of a spirit or demi-god. She is very mysterious, but reviewing the event here, Nao has lines that make it seem like he is Omniscient and Omnipresent, so in my opinion he wouldn't need a being like Nao-chan on earth to be able to see or communicate with someone, already that he is very powerful.

Reactions: hopeisdead6969
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes