Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It really wasnt a fun event, that could have been done much shorter. I would even go so far that it was so long that hurt its effect, because i bet a lot of people were annoyed by long before the end.
Oh i actually loved it, but for reasons beyond just plain enjoyment, involving my own sanity, a severe experience with derealization and philosophical thoughts since that experience. I could go into detail but tbh, i can't be fucked, in short, believing reality is real is a choice for me, and experiences where i get to turn off that choice are intensely emotional for me, both good and bad emotions, like the thrill and joy one has when on a roller coaster. It can have unexpected long lasting effects though, like the flashback previously described.
Also what VN is that?
https://f95zone.to/threads/left-hand-magic-build-14-novus.110399/ I'm not giving it any recommendation though, only just started playing it and the jury is out... but you asked so there you go.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
What you say is true, but hey. Better late than never, right? Ami is probably at her lowest point right now. She hit rock bottom and stabbed the one person she cares about most with the pair of scissors she cut her hair with in a panic attack when he tried taking them away. If there’s any better time in story to show a vulnerable, emotional and scared side of Ami in story, I think now would be the perfect time for Sel to do it.

I fumbled the image preview (that was definitely Sara, not Niki), but there’s still a point to be made there. Does Ami truly yearn for a mother figure or guardian? Is a part of her actually vulnerable deep down, after all the trauma she’s endured? She’s a teenage girl and, like Maya, it’s not as if she’s invincible.

I have to wonder about that, myself.
I think Ami, at least subconsciously, surely wants a mother figure.

It's likely why Sara was able to tame her so well, and her special bonus Ami event (Lamb Legs Happy Event) has her inviting Sara (Sana and her bro) over almost every week, with Ami saying this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We've also seen Ami black out after her mom comes up:
Which is something apparently normal for her:

Even how Ami can't help but obey being sent to her room, dreams of her mother, talks at her grave, wears her clothes, reads her poetry, etc, seems to hint at Ami wanting a mother.

She's just usually too busy raising Sensei, and trying to keep him from making mistakes, to think of what she wants, beyond his happiness:
She's also the Caretaker, and basically acts as Ayane's and Maya's caretaker on top of Sensei's and whoever else feels sad:

In the end though, I don't think anything can replace her actual mother in her eyes, and she probably doesn't trust anyone to do so for good reason. They'd just use her to get to Sensei.

Last edited:

lolbob3

Jan 19, 2020
Ugh, there's no background music during some scene replays, when I replay the game eventually i'll have saves across each chapters and name them too so i can go back to different timepoints more easily.

Eromo

Sep 6, 2020
Okay, I'm having a problem understanding something in, 'The Legacy of Thaum Pt. I' when everyone is playing DnD. Rin is a Warlock with a d8 and has been failing all her checks for perception and attack by rolling a 5, I'm assuming 5 is below the threshold to land a hit. Later she finally rolls a 6 and tries to use the ranged attack Eldritch Blast, but Molly says the attack modifier for that spell is +5 and so she actually rolled a natural-1. WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN. I don't know much about DnD, but I'm pretty sure you can't roll negatives. Even if it was a typo or something and she said natural 1, how does that make sense? Shouldn't positive attack modifiers add to the damage not take it away? And she only rolled once to see if it would hit she didn't roll again for the attack damage So what does the attack modifier do here? This is driving me insane.

I need a DnD expert to tell me what's going on here. Here is the chatlog. 1712651836346.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Okay, I'm having a problem understanding something in, 'The Legacy of Thaum Pt. I' when everyone is playing DnD. Rin is a Warlock with a d8 and has been failing all her checks for perception and attack by rolling a 5, I'm assuming 5 is below the threshold to land a hit. Later she finally rolls a 6 and tries to use the ranged attack Eldritch Blast, but Molly says the attack modifier for that spell is +5 and so she actually rolled a natural-1. WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN. I don't know much about DnD, but I'm pretty sure you can't roll negatives. Even if it was a typo or something and she said natural 1, how does that make sense? Shouldn't positive attack modifiers add to the damage not take it away? And she only rolled once to see if it would hit she didn't roll again for the attack damage So what does the attack modifier do here? This is driving me insane.

I need a DnD expert to tell me what's going on here. Here is the chatlog.
Ok, so first thing you'll want to do is open up the threads for Countryside and Another Chance, you'll one to copy one of those links to begin with. Next you'll want to click your username and open up the signature editor. Next, highlight one of the images in your signature and click the chainlink icon, you'll want to paste in the link to the game thread for the right image so double check that, repeat for the second image. Once that's done your signature images should now link directly to the relevant threads making your advertisement of those games much more effective for the folks who stumble across one of your posts.

As for the DnD nonsense, i really don't think Selly put much work into making sure it all reflected proper DnD to the single digit, just ignore it and focus on what's actually important about the scene, the girls interacting.

Eromo

Sep 6, 2020
Ok, so first thing you'll want to do is open up the threads for Countryside and Another Chance, you'll one to copy one of those links to begin with. Next you'll want to click your username and open up the signature editor. Next, highlight one of the images in your signature and click the chainlink icon, you'll want to paste in the link to the game thread for the right image so double check that, repeat for the second image. Once that's done your signature images should now link directly to the relevant threads making your advertisement of those games much more effective for the folks who stumble across one of your posts.

As for the DnD nonsense, i really don't think Selly put much work into making sure it all reflected proper DnD to the single digit, just ignore it and focus on what's actually important about the scene, the girls interacting.
Thanks for the advice on the signatures, that was helpful. As for the DnD thing, everything else made sense except for that last part which is strange. I get it was set up for the bit about Rin's terrible luck, which is hilarious, but the punchline doesn't really work well if the logic behind the setup is flawed. And I'm sure people who know a little about DnD would be too confused to fully enjoy the joke. The character interactions were great as always though, nice to see everyone get together and do something. But that last bit might need some reworking.

Also, notice how we're almost exactly a year apart in date joined, neat.

Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I need a DnD expert to tell me what's going on here. Here is the chatlog. View attachment 3523950
Not a DnD expert but supposedly a natural 1 is an instant miss.

Molly logic is saying Rin rolled that, instead of a 6, because Eldritch Blast would give her an extra 5. Instead of adding 5 to 6, she's adding 5 to 1 to get 6 and saying Rin actually rolled a 1, retroactively, which is an instant miss, nullifying her hit.

No clue if that's "legal", but Molly is the DM, and no one argued, so it probably doesn't matter.

Edit: At least that's what I think. Never actually played DnD, though.

Last edited:

derekthered56

May 30, 2018

I need a DnD expert to tell me what's going on here. Here is the chatlog. View attachment 3523950
For attack rolls you roll a d20 and then add modifiers. Dnd players will say "I rolled an x"(the die result) or "I got an x"(the die plus modifiers) and understand which is being talked about from context. As Deskel said if you roll a 1 on the die you automatically miss no matter what modifiers you have. You also automatically hit on a natural 20.
The attack roll is just to see if the attack hits or misses; damage is rolled after using a separate die. Warlock being a d8 class is referring to how much health her character has.
There are different dice and modifiers for everything in DnD but it all makes sense in the end. Really.

jexyheir

Feb 19, 2020
Finally finished this story from start. Spent months on it.

I'm gonna say that it really sucks that almost all of it is fluff writing with non-existent pacing and constant 4th wall breakage. Also all characters (including grown-ups) think and do as one would at age of 13.

I'm regretful of all the time I spent on this, but want the core of the story to exist in it's best possible way. Luckily, there's this thread with Deskel who remembers everything and is not afraid to use it.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Maya: "I'm the unluckiest girl in the world"
Rin "At least you can roll higher than a 5"
Okay, i was actually mostly joking, but maybe there is something more there. I mean, Rin was adopted, and at least from the limited information we have, we can assume that Maya's parents are not part of the picture for whatever reason. Maya can do anything with the man she loves, out of fear to melt him, Rin didnt got Chika. Yeah, it is quite thin right now i admit, i have to think more about this if there is more what would connect them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15 and Riolol

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Regardless of whether or not the scene is right or wrong, or shows how unlucky Rin is, I don't think the number 5 there was ever deliberate or coincidental.
given that Sel likes to put hidden lore into several of the roleplay sessions, what is the backbone of this game for Akira to progress all the events in either love or lust, that's right, it's in multiples of 5,
and seeing how in some parts and in happy events they talk about how you have to sacrifice affection and lust and their whole system is something that the gods themselves are aware of such laws in the world, or even more so they designed that system.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Hm, and Maya can now be together with the man she loves. Even tho that was a high price to pay. So lets say Rin becomes now lucky. What will be her price to pay? :unsure:

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes