Dec 31, 2021
Nao has lines that make it seem like he is Omniscient and Omnipresent, so in my opinion he wouldn't need a being like Nao-chan on earth to be able to see or communicate with someone, already that he is very powerful.
This makes me immediately think of the Christian story of Jesus coming to Earth. Obviously God is too powerful to need anything like a vessel or whatever, but its still an accepted part of the religious mythos. Given this games religious themes, I wonder if its something like that? It also makes me wonder how much Nao-chan is actually aware of. If we continue the Bible reference, Jesus wasn't fully aware of what was going on until he turned 30 and finally baptized, so its possible that Nao-chan isn't really aware of all the baggage she's carrying as some part of Nao.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I feel like I should know that answer to this, but do we know what god Nao is aligned with, or is that still unclear? Because it seems like that would be pertinent to your comment, given that the gods seem to be in competition with each other.
Most likely Pareidolia/Concerned, just like Kaori.

Pareidolia has been described as "The Dark" with a connection to Spiders, while Kaori has called herself "The Mistress of The Dark" and "Queen of Spiders":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And Pareidolia has been implied to be some kind of patchwork god through it's book's description, the way it's mall pulls things in, and it's ability to do what the other gods do:
While Nao-Chan seems to be some kind of amalgam being, adopted by Kaori.

There's also how Nao (The Xoanon) has implied some connection to Pareidolia/Concerned:
And there seems to be some implied connections to The Old One and Niki based off this in Pareidolia's reset:
Both of which, Nao-Chan has been involved with:

Overall: Nao-Chan and Pareidolia seem connected. Of course, there could be something else going on. This is ultimately just a theory.

Jun 20, 2023
Poor christians, authors always butcher their faith and Bible to make a story with religious undertones. I wonder how far the christian overtones will go in this story? Jesus wept after seeing what happened to his followers no doubt.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
This makes me immediately think of the Christian story of Jesus coming to Earth. Obviously God is too powerful to need anything like a vessel or whatever, but its still an accepted part of the religious mythos. Given this games religious themes, I wonder if its something like that? It also makes me wonder how much Nao-chan is actually aware of. If we continue the Bible reference, Jesus wasn't fully aware of what was going on until he turned 30 and finally baptized, so its possible that Nao-chan isn't really aware of all the baggage she's carrying as some part of Nao.
If it were revealed that Nao-Chan is Akira's daughter I really wouldn't be surprised, Nao admitted that Akira already had sex with her, so I really wouldn't be surprised that Nao-Chan is Nao and Akira's daughter.
(this was more of a joke but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised)

Dec 31, 2021
Poor christians, authors always butcher their faith and Bible to make a story with religious undertones. I wonder how far the christian overtones will go in this story? Jesus wept after seeing what happened to his followers no doubt.
Well, given the obvious symbolism and imagery used, I think its gonna continue to be a major part of the story. Though I think its more religion in general than just Christian. I only brought up the Bible because something about Nao- chan reminded me of the story for some reason in that moment. I doubt it was right.

Dec 31, 2021
Most likely Pareidolia/Concerned, just like Kaori.

Pareidolia has been described as "The Dark" with a connection to Spiders, while Kaori has called herself "The Mistress of The Dark" and "Queen of Spiders":
And Pareidolia has been implied to be some kind of patchwork god through it's book's description, the way it's mall pulls things in, and it's ability to do what the other gods do:
While Nao-Chan seems to be some kind of amalgam being, adopted by Kaori.

There's also how Nao (The Xoanon) has implied some connection to Pareidolia/Concerned:
And there seems to be some implied connections to The Old One and Niki based off this in Pareidolia's reset:
Both of which, Nao-Chan has been involved with:

Overall: Nao-Chan and Pareidolia seem connected. Of course, there could be something else going on. This is ultimately just a theory.
Do you think Paradolia existed in prior iterations of this world? Or is this the first Spring and the first time its been able to use powers?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I thought it was a consensus that Nao-Chan was linked to Nao, Nao-chan, in addition to breaking the fourth wall, seems to have the power to create/give life or bodies to spirits just by drawing them, so for her to have this power, seriously, I thought she was linked to Nao, who in my view seems to be the strongest god, since he is almost omniscient.

DesKel if I'm wrong could mention some stronger god that was talked about than Nao.
Nao described itself as a cog in a much bigger machine:
So, chances are, there is something above it.

Possibly whatever is taking Sekai's form as Nao said "we":
And presumably Nao taking Ami's form implies whatever is taking Sekai's, may be it's parent or superior.
Do you think Paradolia existed in prior iterations of this world? Or is this the first Spring and the first time its been able to use powers?
I doubt it's the first time. Spring and Autumn were seemingly taken away from Kumon-mi for some reason.

It's also been implied by Yasu and HOPE that this has all happened before:
Presumably, HOPE should show up again after this Pareidolia stuff is settled, and during the next Summer. Yasu implied that it knew this would all happen:

This might not be the first "Infinite Spring", or the first time Maya Prime has crumbled. Or, well, the first anything. Spring and Autumn seemed to be gone, at the start, for a reason. Honestly, Pareidolia sucks, but the Autumn god might be the one that really makes things rough.

Pareidolia did claim it wasn't the only one growing:
SeKaori may be a team effort.

Dec 31, 2021
I thought I remembered Yasu mentioning that, but I'm hazy in the brain because I should be asleep.

And presumably Nao taking Ami's form implies whatever is taking Sekai's, may be it's parent or superior.
So does this mean that you don't think its actually Sekai that is appearing to Sensei, but a being impersonating her?

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Finished the update. A bit boring, but some funny enough moments and a few more interesting tidbits. Also did not really like the new songs on the first playthrough, mostly for the same reasons others have brought up. But when I went back and played through my "bad uncle" save they had somehow grown on me, and I did not mind them anymore. Overall I did not think the update was as bad as some people think it was. But definitely less interesting than the last few.

However I think there is potential for a problem going forward for people playing every update as they come out. The more information about the world - upside down house - resets - the past - gods - etc, that we get. The less impactful the characters motivations and characterisations are becoming to me. There is a kind of dissonance forming between these aspects of the narrative. Every update there will be some piece of info regarding the cryptic elements of the game even if it does not make sense. But you might go months before something that happened regarding a character is continued or addressed in any meaningful way.

An example being I really did not care about what happened with Nodoka and Io in this update, even though I probably should. And I think that stems from what I just attempted to describe.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I thought I remembered Yasu mentioning that, but I'm hazy in the brain because I should be asleep.

So does this mean that you don't think its actually Sekai that is appearing to Sensei, but a being impersonating her?
I think there's probably a few Sekais wandering around, but I doubt any of them are actually the Sekai that died. (Even if they think they are)

Similar to how things seem to take Maya's and Ami's form. Some may just be hallucinations, while others are something else:

Jan 1, 2024
I think there's probably a few Sekais wandering around, but I doubt any of them are actually the Sekai that died. (Even if they think they are)

Similar to how things seem to take Maya's and Ami's form. Some may just be hallucinations, while others are something else:
Yeah, and I wanna include this weirdo which really doesn't seem like Sekai

Oh and also this shadow after it's gone is weird looking and I'm not sure if it's studio or if the fog/blur thingy is just my eyes deceiving me

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, and I wanna include this weirdo which really doesn't seem like Sekai

Oh and also this shadow after it's gone is weird looking and I'm not sure if it's studio or if the fog/blur thingy is just my eyes deceiving me
That one also seems to be the one from Pareidolia's Halloween:
However, we also saw another one after this:
Yet the white dress Sekai showed up again afterwards.

White Dress Sekai may be Pareidolia's Sekai, but that's just a theory. It seems to be a fan of hers, and even seemed to tease Sensei with the whole "aki-kun" thing during Halloween:

Jan 1, 2024
Well if there's multiple Sekais then I say we try to give them nicknames or smth

By the way something I just noticed, we can differentiate the Sekais with the butterfly/hair band on their hair too

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Did anyone else find this line suspicious?
Usually that phrase would mean that the "one other" is a relative that is still alive. Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious but I'm not sure who it would be. There is the Nozomu is her dad theory and I suppose you could link it into that.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. There are a few theories that Sara is actually pregnant, and this "one other" could be hinting towards it.

Sara joked about it back in her Chapter 2 'She's Always a Woman' Event:

Although, it might just be referring to her father, whoever it is.

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Did anyone else find this line suspicious?
Usually that phrase would mean that the "one other" is a relative that is still alive. Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious but I'm not sure who it would be. There is the Nozomu is her dad theory and I suppose you could link it into that.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes