Solution_CC

Jan 20, 2021
Sleepy Streets by Bubblebeats!
Literally all I've fucking been doing for the last 2 weeks is listening to lofi hiphop.
I wasn't sure if anyone else noticed from Rin's screen that she was listening to lofi.. one of my fav music stations. I was so happy to see it in here and to hear one of the songs too! really nice :love:

Solution_CC

Jan 20, 2021
* Sensei is a very, very selfish man. He's not evil and he has his good moments, but if you want to avoid chasing a girl than you need to basically stay away from her, at least outside of the classroom. If you send him into a girl's room don't expect to have a stop/continue option should things get heated in there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That does have a limit, you can only go back so far. It is best used when you are at a point immediately after a bad decision for this reason, but some may not realize it was a bad decision until they see a red marked event in the tracker, by which point it is too late.

The ruined world, it looks awesome, just stillness and silence, the perfect place!!!
Maybe that's what the dark path will lead to, maybe what we've already seen is foreshadowing the future of the dark path. Remember, Denpa games are known to get really dark, so a post apocalyptic setting like the ruined world being the result of the dark path is a good way to go about the effect we have on the town with our choices.

It could then be the exact opposite for the true path and the purity routes could be somewhere in the middle or they could be set in either extreme setting depending on how dark Selebus wants to get with the purity routes.

He never said the purity routes would be good endings, after all, just that they would be single girl, so they are completely open as to how they affect the setting.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
So, when the next version will be posted here? I want to start then (since its 3 weeks since last update) =)
Looking at you posts I really fired up and want to try it, but if a little wait can get me more content and better experience overall - I will wait ^^

buff

May 29, 2017
We've gushed plenty in this thread about the quality of the writing (humor, timing, depth, etc). Just to give credit where due, there's a few other things, mostly QoL related, that I think are worth praising (since they represent a non-trivial amount of effort on the part of the developer):
  1. The event interface. It's tied into the gallery (WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THIS?!) and strikes a good balance between helping players get unstuck and spoiling. The distinction between character events and main events is easy to understand.
  2. Completionist-friendly. Yeah, the game has branching plot lines so it's not *easy* to be a completionist, but you can hit all the "good" stuff on a single playthrough. I like that a lot better than the NG+ cop out.
  3. When you unpack the game, it actually has the version number in the filename. (Referring to the Mac version, I assume the others are similar). I don't have to rename the executable or create a folder structure to keep track of the versions I've downloaded. (And no spaces in the filename, which is convenient for when you're poking about in a command-line shell.)
  4. Rollback works the way you'd expect. The developer doesn't try to create artificial challenge by calling block_rollback() all the time, as if forcing people to save-scum instead of rollup somehow makes the game better. And it actually *works*, which means he's not doing something excessively cute (aka stupid) with the internal datastructures.
  5. The art is solid. Sure, it's not hand-drawn, but it's definitely better than a lot of Illusion games out there.
  6. Release schedue. He is still doing a better-than-average job of releasing on time.
  7. Availability. Selebus is good about responding to player comments and questons on Discord, Patreon, and here.

Those are all the kinds of things you get when a developer is working his butt off on a project. Someone who creates quality work *and* has high standards *and* a great work ethic is a rare combination, and gives great results.

At this point my biggest worry is that Selebus might burn out, especially as the fan base expands and there are more demands on his time. Hopefully he'll take an appropriate amount of time off and spare us from such a horror.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
So, when the next version will be posted here? I want to start then (since its 3 weeks since last update) =)
Looking at you posts I really fired up and want to try it, but if a little wait can get me more content and better experience overall - I will wait ^^
Releases are on the 1st/15th of every month. Check the Patreon for the current downloads. F95 is a piracy site and I have no idea when you will be able to steal the game since I'm not the one who posts the links here.

At this point my biggest worry is that Selebus might burn out, especially as the fan base expands and there are more demands on his time. Hopefully he'll take an appropriate amount of time off and spare us from such a horror.
If I was going to burn out it would have happened by now tbh. Have maintained the same release schedule for 11 months straight without a single delay so far.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
If you did all you are logged in and can go out.
Remember the IP you found some time earlyer, now you need it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The free release gets updated each time there is a new release and is always one version behind the patron release. The version already here is the latest free release as it was leaked early after that version was released to patrons. You will either have to wait until the next patron release so that the current one gets put on public release or for a leaker.

We've gushed plenty in this thread about the quality of the writing (humor, timing, depth, etc). Just to give credit where due, there's a few other things, mostly QoL related, that I think are worth praising (since they represent a non-trivial amount of effort on the part of the developer):
  1. The event interface. It's tied into the gallery (WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THIS?!) and strikes a good balance between helping players get unstuck and spoiling. The distinction between character events and main events is easy to understand.
  2. Completionist-friendly. Yeah, the game has branching plot lines so it's not *easy* to be a completionist, but you can hit all the "good" stuff on a single playthrough. I like that a lot better than the NG+ cop out.
  3. When you unpack the game, it actually has the version number in the filename. (Referring to the Mac version, I assume the others are similar). I don't have to rename the executable or create a folder structure to keep track of the versions I've downloaded. (And no spaces in the filename, which is convenient for when you're poking about in a command-line shell.)
  4. Rollback works the way you'd expect. The developer doesn't try to create artificial challenge by calling block_rollback() all the time, as if forcing people to save-scum instead of rollup somehow makes the game better. And it actually *works*, which means he's not doing something excessively cute (aka stupid) with the internal datastructures.
  5. The art is solid. Sure, it's not hand-drawn, but it's definitely better than a lot of Illusion games out there.
  6. Release schedue. He is still doing a better-than-average job of releasing on time.
  7. Availability. Selebus is good about responding to player comments and questons on Discord, Patreon, and here.

Those are all the kinds of things you get when a developer is working his butt off on a project. Someone who creates quality work *and* has high standards *and* a great work ethic is a rare combination, and gives great results.

1. Indeed, I absolutely love how I can replay any event at any time once they are unlocked without having to exit to the main menu, it will definitely be of great benefit during puzzles since you can review any given information at any time with those events. The outfit change mechanic is kind of neat as well.

2. I do like the challenge and have, in fact, made it my personal mission to oppose any attempt by the game or Selebus to stop me from getting a perfect run on a full play through without any kind of guide. I'm going in with nothing but any notes I take along the way.

3. Yes, it does that for Windows for sure, not sure about any others besides the Mac versions since you mentioned it.

4. It does, but you also can't rely on it too much. It can only go back so far, so if you get too far ahead and then realize you made a bad decision, you doom yourself to a red event. I like that bit of challenge and really wouldn't mind losing rollback completely.

5. Honey Select is pretty good, both the original and the sequel, but I do prefer this style as it leaves wiggle room for character design, especially on sites like this with certain character types. Harem Hotel is made in that, the original to be precise, and it is an excellent game as well, though I do have to say this one beats it. I'm in no way applying that character issue to this game at the moment, but if I were to go into my own project, it would definitely have that type of character and she would definitely be sexually involved, so this style is best suited for that to avoid potential issues with realism.

6. Selebus does an excellent job at this, even releasing it twice a month under normal circumstances.

7. He also reacts positively in most cases to any comments thrown his way, which is another plus. I could name a few devs who don't or who even go behind the player's backs and laugh at them, but I won't, at least not in the thread. If anyone is curious about who they are, feel free to ask privately.

Selebus has mentioned he keeps a specific routine to keep from burning out, he spreads the work across several different characters because apparently writing a ton for just one character is worse for him. He does have plans to take a break from the 15th of this month to the 1st of next month according to a public post on his SubscribeStar.

While he has measures in place to prevent it, the thought of him burning out is the single scariest thing about this game.

I'm in a Saturday scene I can't get out of. Anyone know what to do? Here's a screen shot. View attachment 1025471
This is one of the puzzles, the information was in previous events except for one piece of it, try checking the scenes with the replay function of the event tracker to find the information. I don't remember event names in connection with the information. Interacting with one of those gets you to where the information from previous events is needed. It should be a list of computer info that will fill out as you complete each step.

If you did all you are logged in and can go out.
Remember the IP you found some time earlyer, now you need it.
That's the list of areas in the room that can be looked at, not the list of log in info.

Reactions: DrFree

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
buff just so you know, the artsyle comes from Koikatsu, another Illusion game. While I have a bias in favor of this style because I find "realism" limiting, Honey Select is great with the proper mods. There is apparently an alternative to Honey Select called Playhome Studio which I liked when it was used in another game.

Last edited:
Reactions: buff and alex2011

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
Gotta say I'm loving this game. I'm not usually into games with this artstyle but the writing and story takes this over the top.
However how do I know how to trigger events? How do I know what events need to happen to trigger other events? Is there a walkthrough or flowchart or something to show how to progress?
I checked the guide and though there's a few events where it lists what needs to happen in previous events I cannot see how to move forward those main events.
In particular I really want to give Makoto what she wants so badly but cannot figure out how to move that forward. I have to assume it has something to do with her mom, or it's the beach event but I can't take her mom out because I can't find the place I'm supposed to take her and I don't know how to trigger the event that will show me that place, and I don't know what needs to happen to trigger the event that will let me trigger the beach event.
I love this game but I figured I'd grind Makoto to the moon but then in reading discovered I don't want to get them too high bc I may lockout girls/events. So now I'm starting again but am very frustrated since I had every girl above 50 affection and wasn't able to move anything forward with any of them. Ok long semi rant over, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 21, 2020
Gotta say I'm loving this game. I'm not usually into games with this artstyle but the writing and story takes this over the top.
However how do I know how to trigger events? How do I know what events need to happen to trigger other events? Is there a walkthrough or flowchart or something to show how to progress?
I checked the guide and though there's a few events where it lists what needs to happen in previous events I cannot see how to move forward those main events.
In particular I really want to give Makoto what she wants so badly but cannot figure out how to move that forward. I have to assume it has something to do with her mom, or it's the beach event but I can't take her mom out because I can't find the place I'm supposed to take her and I don't know how to trigger the event that will show me that place, and I don't know what needs to happen to trigger the event that will let me trigger the beach event.
I love this game but I figured I'd grind Makoto to the moon but then in reading discovered I don't want to get them too high bc I may lockout girls/events. So now I'm starting again but am very frustrated since I had every girl above 50 affection and wasn't able to move anything forward with any of them. Ok long semi rant over, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I had this same problem on my first playthrough. Have you seen Happy Event 2? If not, go to the dorms and, instead of visiting any of the girls, choose the Go Home option.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There is an event trigger list in this thread and there is a wiki that lists triggers.

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
I had this same problem on my first playthrough. Have you seen Happy Event 2? If not, go to the dorms and, instead of visiting any of the girls, choose the Go Home option.
Thanks, that's what I was missing there. Does anyone know the "best" names to have the girls call you? If it's somewhere in this thread any idea of page? Thank you!

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes