Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Lessons in Love [v0.13.0 Part2] [Selebus] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 3.34 GB
Original MAC Size: 3.32 GB

Compressed PC Size: 1.01 GB
Compressed MAC Size: 0.99 GB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

Sep 16, 2018
I think I found a bug, sorry if it's been pointed out. You can still get a thighjob from Ami through the invite over menu if you locked yourself out of her content.

Reactions: Ankoku

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I'm sure this comment will be mostly ignored, but it's been bothering me so I'm posting it anyway. I enjoy this game a lot, it's well written in general, and the characters are diverse and well thought out.
Except for one glaring error - Molly. It's not too much of a stretch to guess the dev's probably American, but I have to say, as an actual Irish person, Molly's character is almost painful. There's a section where you brought up stereotypes, and the effects they have. Well, unfortunately you've fallen into them. Molly talks like a Scot, the stereotypes you've brought up are American stereotypes, and in Japan, the most common issue Irish people run into are "Isn't that part of England?", and "That's the country beside Greenland, right?"
This is probably a really minor issue for you, I just wanted to bring it up because her stories actually make me uncomfortable, she's that far off.

In case you're curious of a few things - red hair is actually still super rare in Ireland. Americans call it the Emerald Isle, actual Irish people only do that for tourists. The majority religion is catholic, and almost nobody follows ancient celtic superstitions, not even in our super-old Irish Only Area. I haven't seen you do it, but about 85% of Ireland doesn't speak Irish fluently, it's largely a dead language. (Edit: I've never been proven wrong so fast. The only person I've ever heard attempt curse in Irish is my long-dead great-grandfather who fought in the Rising)

I don't expect a reply, or even for anyone to actually read this comment, I just wanted to get it out there, especially since there's an actual section of her plot about stereotyping being bad, while her character is also a bad stereotype. Perhaps there's some poetic irony there.
I honestly thought the character was playing up the stereotypes on purpose, and that was where the conversation about them originated from.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I'm sure this comment will be mostly ignored, but it's been bothering me so I'm posting it anyway. I enjoy this game a lot, it's well written in general, and the characters are diverse and well thought out.
Except for one glaring error - Molly. It's not too much of a stretch to guess the dev's probably American, but I have to say, as an actual Irish person, Molly's character is almost painful. There's a section where you brought up stereotypes, and the effects they have. Well, unfortunately you've fallen into them. Molly talks like a Scot, the stereotypes you've brought up are American stereotypes, and in Japan, the most common issue Irish people run into are "Isn't that part of England?", and "That's the country beside Greenland, right?"
This is probably a really minor issue for you, I just wanted to bring it up because her stories actually make me uncomfortable, she's that far off.

In case you're curious of a few things - red hair is actually still super rare in Ireland. Americans call it the Emerald Isle, actual Irish people only do that for tourists. The majority religion is catholic, and almost nobody follows ancient celtic superstitions, not even in our super-old Irish Only Area. I haven't seen you do it, but about 85% of Ireland doesn't speak Irish fluently, it's largely a dead language. (Edit: I've never been proven wrong so fast. The only person I've ever heard attempt curse in Irish is my long-dead great-grandfather who fought in the Rising)

I don't expect a reply, or even for anyone to actually read this comment, I just wanted to get it out there, especially since there's an actual section of her plot about stereotyping being bad, while her character is also a bad stereotype. Perhaps there's some poetic irony there.
Molly’s north Irish from near Armagh- where my grandmother immigrated from and where my mother was born. She’s intentionally blown out of proportion, just like every other character I write. It’s a comedy video game and comedy is subjective.

Last edited:

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
One tiny suggestion... due to my SW background and mild OCD.
For things like "0.13.0 Part2", would be better to continue the versioning. Like, I understand maybe "Part2" is supposed to be part of the version, but in general, a newer version should not reduce the patch version unless it increases the minor version, or reduce the minor version unless it increases the major version.
So, it should be "0.13.2 Part2", or at least "0.13.1 Part2" if Part2 is part of the version, since there was a "0.13.1 Part1".

And if Part2 is part of the version, then it should really be "0.13.1.Part2" :p
Or I guess change the order... "0.13.Part2.0" would be fine...

Yah I'm a pedantic nitpicker, what of it?? :p

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Oh yeah she definitely doesn’t like when you let her down. That’ll be even clearer in 0.13.0
Looking back on this; I was apprehensive in doing Rin's current events, even down to not wanting to do the 4th one, but I forgot I was doing it on my "Good Homie" save. Man, I'm dreading doing it on my "Bad Homie" save, even more so that I haven't played it since Halloween.

Bruh, these mini Happy Scenes might cause me to develop an anxiety disorder.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
SnowyS
You only need to mark part 2 if there is a part 3. Its not the case here, part 1 is the first half, after adding the second half it is the full version...basic math ^^

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
One tiny suggestion... due to my SW background and mild OCD.
For things like "0.13.0 Part2", would be better to continue the versioning. Like, I understand maybe "Part2" is supposed to be part of the version, but in general, a newer version should not reduce the patch version unless it increases the minor version, or reduce the minor version unless it increases the major version.
So, it should be "0.13.2 Part2", or at least "0.13.1 Part2" if Part2 is part of the version, since there was a "0.13.1 Part1".

And if Part2 is part of the version, then it should really be "0.13.1.Part2" :p
Or I guess change the order... "0.13.Part2.0" would be fine...

I think 0.13.1 Part 1 was a typo, as it's supposed to be 0.13.0 Part 1. Would be weird for the Puiblic version to be ahead of the Patreon builds, but have the content from a prior version.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly that 1 scene with my favourite girl ( Rin ) and Sensei worth all the wait. I've been waiting for it to happen since forever. Finally she gives in to her feelings <3 And the way she did was extremely sweet and romantic. It was a top tier romance scene. God damn I'm so happy!

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I think 0.13.1 Part 1 was a typo, as it's supposed to be 0.13.0 Part 1. Would be weird for the Puiblic version to be ahead of the Patreon builds, but have the content from a prior version.
0.13.1p1 was cos 0.13.0p1 had the headpat callstack bug that lead to massive slowdown honestly, I think the best way of versioning it might be 0.13p1.1 and 0.13p2.0 as that seems to be the way it is versioning

Reactions: SnowyS

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
0.13.1p1 was cos 0.13.0p1 had the headpat callstack bug that lead to massive slowdown honestly, I think the best way of versioning it might be 0.13p1.1 and 0.13p2.0 as that seems to be the way it is versioning
Forgot about that bug; oh because I didn't headpat anyone other than Ami until after 0.13.1p2 was released.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Forgot about that bug; oh because I didn't headpat anyone other than Ami until after 0.13.1p2 was released.
You mean 0.13.1p1 or 0.13.0p2? There is no 0.13.1p2... which is the problem! :p
The existence of 0.13.1p1 means that 0.13.0p2 should have a different version...
Yah, that would work fine.
I mean, ultimately, deep down, this doesn't really affect me one way or another, but I'm a pedant, so discussing junk like this is fun for me :sneaky:

0.13p1.1 and 0.13p2.0 would be one of the versioning schemes that keeps things in order
Along with 0.13.1 p1 and 0.13.2 p2
And 0.13.1.p1 and 0.13.1.p2

In order from most to least good, I think.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
No, you just don't understand version numbers. There's extremely common misconception that it's a technical thing. It may seem so, because most people go with something simple and boring. But it's actually more like religious thing. It it makes sense to me as author, then it's definitely correct, and everyone who doesn't like it is wrong. ;)

Reactions: SnowyS

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Molly’s north Irish from near Armagh- where my grandmother immigrated from and where my mother was born. She’s intentionally blown out of proportion, just like every other character I write. It’s a comedy video game and comedy is subjective.
There is a thing that you must have happen: She must meet someone else from NI and there must be conversation in which the 2 characters work out that they have mutual acquaintances and basically know each other. The phrase "yer man" must appear multiple times in reference to said acquaintances.

I lived with 3 people from Omagh at university and everytime we went out they would inevitably establish that they "knew" every other Irish person we met. It was bizarre.

So you have not captured the true nature of the Irish diaspora until this occurs. Also it is impossible that she can be in Japan and not meet another Irish person. It's like they have built in radar for that shit.

I would say that your portrayal of Molly is properly Oirish. Like St Patrick's day, Guinness and the Blarney stone. Privately my housemates would consder most of that for "the tourists", but as soon as they had an opportunity to ham it up the "Oirishness" came out and everything was green and loud.

It's interesting how much of Irishness is a product for the external world. But I suspect we all do it when we out of our nomral culture. I know I get much more Northern when I'm speaking to Londoners.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Honestly that 1 scene with my favourite girl ( Rin ) and Sensei worth all the wait. I've been waiting for it to happen since forever. Finally she gives in to her feelings <3 And the way she did was extremely sweet and romantic. It was a top tier romance scene. God damn I'm so happy!
I'm continuously amazed of how Selebus manages to make every girl feel special. Not long ago I thought that Maya (and after that Chika, Futaba) were "it", the main girl, so to speak. Now it's hands down Rin. Soundtrack probably helped big time.

Oh shit, I am beginning to suspect that Tsuneyo's father is not quite a simple dying old man.
Well, she had weird connection to "god" from day 1. You know, "Praise be!", trees, wires, creepy smiley face. All that.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes