alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I mean it's been established that Ami isn't exactly happy with how she feels she's underdeveloped in terms of her body, that could've played a role in her embarassment in that scene. Just because the person she's come to adore barges into the bathroom doesn't have to mean it's a deadset for her to get aroused and try to woo him right then and there. At the end of the day like I've said prior, she's still a teenage girl. She's also not Sara nor Ayane, Mika nor Kirin or even Haruka if you push her to that sorta stuff. As I've said, most of the stuff I'm saying is pure speculation. Not concrete evidence that Ami was thinking a certain type of way, I'm only saying it's really weird that she'd bring up her Daddy when she's getting nailed to the bed by her Uncle. Whether that in itself will become an isolated incident can't be said for sure and that kind of makes me wonder about the history of their family in general. I mean if this was isolated why would Sensei acknowledge it and NOT say anything about it? It's telling that this'll be further explained later down the line. I mean it's not a for sure thing either, but just saying.
Yeah, typical reaction from the IBTC is to complain about their size or not want them to be seen, so it likely did play a part. Still, there was nothing to indicate anything other than embarrassment. Arousal was just one thing that could happen, ust an example really, but there was no indication she was anything but embarrassed.

Usually, with types as forward as her, I mean she literally reverses the situation in one of the events AND acts on it, unlike player Sensei when he did it, they at least have an afterthought about it or something mixed in. A little turned on by it after the fact, possibly disappointed he didn't try to go further, stuff like that.

It didn't have to lead into outright seduction on the spot.

You're right, she's not as forward as Ayane, oh boy does that girl need to calm it down before she does something she regrets, not that I mind, but she's still quite forward.

Pretty much everything that is said on this thread, unless it is in the game already, is pure speculation. As I've said, some people here love to theorize because the game gets our mind going about what may happen next based on how things end in each build.

It was kind of weird she brought that up in the maid event, especially with this being the only time so far. Actually, that and her outright hostility during each girl's first invite over are what has triggered the comments about her getting ever more unhinged with almost every character event.

I wouldn't be surprised if she starts carrying a knife around for...protection. It won't be for her protection, of course. Oh no, it would be for player Sensei's protection. Protection against anyone who would take him from her, be they a former friend turned threat or a stranger on the street.

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. I think the thoughts came after and even if they didn't I don't think she would have actually tried something unless she felt backed into a corner by another girl.

I don't have much hope that things will get better for Yumi, considering the genre, but I want to believe that it's possible haha. I have a feeling that things will be better/worse for the girls depending on whether you romance them or not and Yumi is someone I really want to see succeed, so I'm staying away from all her lust scenes. That, and she reminds me of some of the people I've helped in real life so pursuing her feels weird for me lol
Same on all counts, I do want Yumi to improve, don't get me wrong. What I don't like is how she started. Not the way she ws written, I mean her actions in the beginning as if she were real.

I think you're right about Makoto. Makoto's mother also thinks Makoto is seeking a father figure in Sensei, and yeah, with the male population being essentially 0, the girls having father issues makes a lot of sense. Now I'm interested to learn more about Ami's feelings/relationship with her late father.
Definitely given what Maki has said. Really, the only one without daddy issues because of the war or some other thing from before the game is Ayane and she practically hates the guy, which is a different daddy issue entirely.

Nov 21, 2020
Same on all counts, I do want Yumi to improve, don't get me wrong. What I don't like is how she started. Not the way she ws written, I mean her actions in the beginning as if she were real.

Definitely given what Maki has said. Really, the only one without daddy issues because of the war or some other thing from before the game is Ayane and she practically hates the guy, which is a different daddy issue entirely.
Oh I completely understand why people would immediately be put off by Yumi's behavior at the start of the game, and she does plenty of things later on that give people reason to not be a fan of her too. If you don't want to be friends with someone like Yumi after meeting her, then she's done her job. She's chasing everyone away so they can't reject her later on once they get to know her.

Yeah, Ayane definitely resents her father for being so absent in her life. It must really suck to be Ayane and realize that, like everyone else, your father is absent from your life, but he's absent because he's just not around. Your friends' and classmates' fathers are either dead or fighting in a war and can't be present in their daughters' lives. Ayane's father is just not there.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh I completely understand why people would immediately be put off by Yumi's behavior at the start of the game, and she does plenty of things later on that give people reason to not be a fan of her too. If you don't want to be friends with someone like Yumi after meeting her, then she's done her job. She's chasing everyone away so they can't reject her later on once they get to know her.

Yeah, Ayane definitely resents her father for being so absent in her life. It must really suck to be Ayane and realize that, like everyone else, your father is absent from your life, but he's absent because he's just not around. Your friends' and classmates' fathers are either dead or fighting in a war and can't be present in their daughters' lives. Ayane's father is just not there.
She's also showing a classic anime trope in her specific case. At first, she was trying to chase everyone off, but she's realized by now that there is one person immune to that, player Sensei. So, instead, she's got a bit of a tsundere thing going on, which becomes clear with what she gives you during the Christmas event.

The rich do have their share of troubles, especially the ones who earned that status like the big company owners like Ayane's father, and Ayane is dealing with them. He's so busy running his bubble wrap business that he has literally no time for his own family. At least he's there, not completely gone with no chance to even try to repair the damage like Yumi's, which is one way I connect personally with Yumi of all people.

That's fair. But yeah glad you see where I'm coming from, shit's just weird when before all of that she could only ever think about Sensei 25/8 and bringing up her Father when they had sex in that scene felt sorta jarring to say the least. Overall like I've said I've come to dislike her more to be quite honest, maybe some huge character development might happen down the line and my dislike for her might go away but for the time being, her disdain during those invite over events, her latest behavior with Maya of all people, the yandere-esque personality she's developing currently is all telling me that I shouldn't stay attached to this character for now. She's exuding instability at this point and not in the endearing way that Ayane does it with her yandere-shtick. If anything Ami is growing more callous towards even her closest friends, and THAT is concerning. I have the feeling that if she gets any further backed into a corner she might do something that'll hurt everyone involved and that includes Sensei.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Be careful using the 'hppy' events as justification, they are weird and sometimes the things going on there make zero sense on any level until later, so the whole picture may not be there and may change the narrative completely from what it looks like at any given moment.

She is most definitely unstable and I have no doubt the accident mixed with the other girls trying to win over player Sensei is to blame. That last sentence before the spoiler is why I would not be surprised if she suddenly reveals a knife from literally nowhere any time she senses a potential threat.

Reactions: anon670-1
Nov 21, 2020
Yeah same, I get why most would be put off with Yumi's behavior but she kinda has that daughter quality that I don't feel right with corrupting if given the option later. I kinda enjoy the dynamic both Sensei and she display and it's kinda cute how slowly she starts warming up to him later down the line, or rather is forced to warm up to him thanks to Chika.
I feel the same way. She is kind of like a daughter and the dynamic she and Sensei have is pretty great. I personally think it's the best in the game. I definitely wish that scene's outcome was at least optional, but I also think her hostile attitude toward Sensei wouldn't be as believable in the later chapters of the game if he didn't give her a reason to keep pushing back on his attempts to get closer. Still, I 100% would have liked for the objective of that scene to have been handled in a different way. It's an uncomfortable moment to say the least.

Reactions: alex2011
Apr 16, 2020
Be careful using the 'hppy' events as justification, they are weird and sometimes the things going on there make zero sense on any level until later, so the whole picture may not be there and may change the narrative completely from what it looks like at any given moment.

She is most definitely unstable and I have no doubt the accident mixed with the other girls trying to win over player Sensei is to blame. That last sentence before the spoiler is why I would not be surprised if she suddenly reveals a knife from literally nowhere any time she senses a potential threat.
Yeah that's certainly a sure-fire way to get yourself all confused and mixed up if trying to rely on, I'll admit to being guilty of trying to connect them, i.e.
but I hope you get where I'm coming from. I've been enjoying this discussion thus far.
I feel the same way. She is kind of like a daughter and the dynamic she and Sensei have is pretty great. I personally think it's the best in the game. I definitely wish that scene's outcome was at least optional, but I also think her hostile attitude toward Sensei wouldn't be as believable in the later chapters of the game if he didn't give her a reason to keep pushing back on his attempts to get closer. Still, I 100% would have liked for the objective of that scene to have been handled in a different way. It's an uncomfortable moment to say the least.
My thoughts exactly, though hopefully with that given reason for her to resent Player Sensei we also end up building something worthwile that doesn't involve anything lewd. She's also my favorite of the series, Sana being a close second, Rin being the third and Io creeping up that ranking (nothing too solid to confirm that yet though). Io aside those three are more daughter-like above all else.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020
She's also showing a classic anime trope in her specific case. At first, she was trying to chase everyone off, but she's realized by now that there is one person immune to that, player Sensei. So, instead, she's got a bit of a tsundere thing going on, which becomes clear with what she gives you during the Christmas event.

The rich do have their share of troubles, especially the ones who earned that status like the big company owners like Ayane's father, and Ayane is dealing with them. He's so busy running his bubble wrap business that he has literally no time for his own family. At least he's there, not completely gone with no chance to even try to repair the damage like Yumi's, which is one way I connect personally with Yumi of all people.
I don't watch anime so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're right about the tsundere trope. However, one thing to consider in your analysis of Yumi is Chika: Chika is Yumi's long time friend, so at least one other person has stuck around, gotten past all of the walls she's erected, and become Yumi's friend before Sensei. Her gift at the Christmas party was so heartwarming and wholesome to me. In my opinion, it signals that Yumi is letting her guard down, if only slightly, to show Sensei that she appreciates his efforts and considers him a friend, even if she won't outright say it. She's afraid of what might happen if she acknowledges their friendship and is still wary of the whole thing. Will he laugh in her face? Will he abandon her? She doesn't know and she's not willing to take that risk yet, but she's trying and it's very sweet.

I think part of Ayane resents her father's fortune and his business empire and wishes they had a more normal standard of living. If I'm remembering things correctly, Ayane does take immature shots at her father's business, calling it stupid on occasion, which I assume is because she sees the business as why she never gets to spend time with her father. She probably wishes he had a normal job. They wouldn't enjoy the same standard of living as before but she probably thinks she'd at least have a normal relationship with her father.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020
My thoughts exactly, though hopefully with that given reason for her to resent Player Sensei we also end up building something worthwile that doesn't involve anything lewd. She's also my favorite of the series, Sana being a close second, Rin being the third and Io creeping up that ranking (nothing too solid to confirm that yet though). Io aside those three are more daughter-like above all else.
That's what I'm hoping for too. I'd love a meaningful platonic relationship between the two. My top 3 is essentially the same as well haha, though Sana is just barely above Yumi. Sana and Rin definitely feel more like younger cousins that I like hanging out with than like romance options to me.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't watch anime so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're right about the tsundere trope. However, one thing to consider in your analysis of Yumi is Chika: Chika is Yumi's long time friend, so at least one other person has stuck around, gotten past all of the walls she's erected, and become Yumi's friend before Sensei. Her gift at the Christmas party was so heartwarming and wholesome to me. In my opinion, it signals that Yumi is letting her guard down, if only slightly, to show Sensei that she appreciates his efforts and considers him a friend, even if she won't outright say it. She's afraid of what might happen if she acknowledges their friendship and is still wary of the whole thing. Will he laugh in her face? Will he abandon her? She doesn't know and she's not willing to take that risk yet, but she's trying and it's very sweet.

I think part of Ayane resents her father's fortune and his business empire and wishes they had a more normal standard of living. If I'm remembering things correctly, Ayane does take immature shots at her father's business, calling it stupid on occasion, which I assume is because she sees the business as why she never gets to spend time with her father. She probably wishes he had a normal job. They wouldn't enjoy the same standard of living as before but she probably thinks she'd at least have a normal relationship with her father.
Tsundere is a personality archetype where the girl, or rarely the guy, tries to hide their feelings by being mean or even violent. Yumi fits this because she is still openly hostile toward player Sensei, but is occasionally docile or even does things like what she did for the Christmas event, giving him the thing she did, I mean.

I have to agree about her gift, it was actually kind of cute what she gave to him. That's what signaled to me that we are indeed making progress when it sometimes doesn't look like it. I'm not quite sure about the friend part, but she is realizing she doesn't have to keep her guard up around him.

Ayanae has openly taken shots at the family business and her father by extension, in the beginning, in fact. Literally the only 'family' she has a good relationship with is her butler, who she likes to talk to from time to time when at home.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I'd love a meaningful platonic relationship between the two. My top 3 is essentially the same as well haha, though Sana is just barely above Yumi. Sana and Rin definitely feel more like younger cousins that I like hanging out with than like romance options to me.
That doesn't seem very likely except on the routes where she isn't a romance target, namely the 'purity' routes if what I've heard of them still stands. This is the 'dark' route, which I do believe counts as one of the general routes.

Nov 21, 2020
Tsundere is a personality archetype where the girl, or rarely the guy, tries to hide their feelings by being mean or even violent. Yumi fits this because she is still openly hostile toward player Sensei, but is occasionally docile or even does things like what she did for the Christmas event, giving him the thing she did, I mean.

I have to agree about her gift, it was actually kind of cute what she gave to him. That's what signaled to me that we are indeed making progress when it sometimes doesn't look like it. I'm not quite sure about the friend part, but she is realizing she doesn't have to keep her guard up around him.

Ayanae has openly taken shots at the family business and her father by extension, in the beginning, in fact. Literally the only 'family' she has a good relationship with is her butler, who she likes to talk to from time to time when at home.
Ah okay. Then yeah, I'd say she fits the archetype. Her gift was very cute. And yeah, it's also very important because it does show that you're making progress.

Ah okay, thank you for the clarification on Ayane's family business. I thought she had made some remarks early on.

That doesn't seem very likely except on the routes where she isn't a romance target, namely the 'purity' routes if what I've heard of them still stands. This is the 'dark' route, which I do believe counts as one of the general routes.
I don't expect things to have a happy ending but I'm still gonna hope for one, and if I have to wait a long ass time to get a route where Yumi isn't a romance option to get it, I will.

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Hey folks. I've been playing Lessons in Love for a while but I seem to be stuck at Main Event Recall. Nothing after that. Its day 322 and I'm not seeing many girl events apart from ones I trigger by the lust trait. Is there a particular girl I need to focus on? Like I have Yumi's affection up to 62 and the last event with her was Apples to Apples.

Do I just need to grind out affection for each girl now? Like I am unable to start any sexual relationships with Sana, Miku, Rin, Yumi or Maya. Are there just no options for them or do I have to progres in the main story first? I kinda feel like I'm stuck here. Any help would be appreciated. Of I don't have any events crossed out in my event tracker so I don't think I missed any that I cannot do...as far as I know.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Hey folks. I've been playing Lessons in Love for a while but I seem to be stuck at Main Event Recall. Nothing after that. Its day 322 and I'm not seeing many girl events apart from ones I trigger by the lust trait. Is there a particular girl I need to focus on? Like I have Yumi's affection up to 62 and the last event with her was Apples to Apples.

Do I just need to grind out affection for each girl now? Like I am unable to start any sexual relationships with Sana, Miku, Rin, Yumi or Maya. Are there just no options for them or do I have to progres in the main story first? I kinda feel like I'm stuck here. Any help would be appreciated. Of I don't have any events crossed out in my event tracker so I don't think I missed any that I cannot do...as far as I know.
You should check guide on opening page – there's also no lewd events yet for Sana, Rin, Yumi or Maya and only a very minor one for Miku with no straight-on nudity. Click the word progress that's on the bottom of the screen near the small save and load – it should tell you which girls have events, or if happy events are available. Then go to the "girls" page, see which event you haven't unlocked, and check on guide (click quote!):

Updated my event guide for 0.12.0 part 2.
The guide lists out all the requirements to unlock events. For example, to unlock the event Size Matters, you need the Ami event Back Out in Heat and Main Event The Gem of the Emerald Isle. Didn't unlock The Gem of the Emerald Isle? Search that in the guide, and you'll find you need to be on day 144+ and have the event rumors unlocked. And so forth.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Those five don't have a sexual relationship to start yet, though Miku technically has one scene. Yumi and Maya are likely the furthest from getting to that point as they are at a point in their story where they barely even think positive of player Sensei.

Based on having 62 for Yumi's affection, it sounds like you focused too much on a select girl or a select group of them instead of all the girls and you are likely missing a requirement regarding a different girl's affection level.

On this route, it is recommended not to just grind the girls you want, but to grind all of them equally. There is no single girl option at this time as that is a different set of routes entirely.

Guys, from which game is event "reset"?
What do you mean by which game? If you mean which version, it was one of the single digit ones, that's all I remember about the version number.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's from Selebus was working on.
Beat me to it, I was trying to get the link, but had to go back to the wiki to remind myself of the name. I forgot how some links are on wikis, so it confused me for a bit since it was just that tiny arrow by the word and not the whole word, meaning the whole thing doesn't turn the color the site uses for links, blue in this case. I'm used to the whole word being part of it, which explains why the entire quote in my signature is part of the link to the thread. That and I couldn't figure out how to separate it.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes