Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
That's not what's happening. I'm not sure how the wiki is worded since I don't edit or modify any of it, but it accounts for misses as well. So when it says 10 happy events, it could mean 10 completed or 8 completed and 2 missed. All that matters is that the threshold is met and that virtually everything in Chapter 1 of the game has been either seen or permanently crossed out. You're likely missing one of the side character events if you can't trigger that. A lot of people seem to miss Haruka/Kaori/Chinami.
I just read it again and yeah, it's not the happy events after all. I must have misread it earlier in my frustration. It says:

Additionally, you must've seen (or permanently missed) the following events:
  • 93 Main Story Events up to Stray Cat
  • 10 Happy Events up to X
So yeah, definitely not that, my bad. As for the side girls, I'm like 99% sure I've done all I can, but hey, I misread earlier, maybe I'm just double stupid? Lol. I'll check again now that my head is clear. Thanks for replying though.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Hello and thank you for playing the game! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. I've heard the scare-warning suggestion from a few other people before, but your iteration is definitely the best sounding one I've heard. Unfortunately, that's just not something I want to implement. Because not only does it lessen the impact of a lot of the story (As you noted), the game is still a horror game at the end of the day because that's what I wanted to make. Putting a horror warning in a horror game is just not something I can find myself getting behind 100% and I don't hold it against anyone who stops playing because of that.
I love this game a lot, and I want to see how your story unfolds, Selebus. I very much look forward to seeing all the pieces I'm currently missing, traumatic or not.

At the same time, you write great characters, that it's really hard not to feel protective of, so part of me wishes this weren't a horror game so I could save them all. I don't suppose you intend to do more games in the future with the same girls? Possibly ones that don't revolve around horrific happy things?

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I do hope you don't go too far with making the jump scares even worse though. Us softies are scared enough as is, okay? I have to work up my courage every time I load up the game!
I'm at the point where whenever there's the slightest bit of static, or the music becomes strange, I'm in full alert mode. But yet, I'm okay with it, and actually want more.

I haven't had this kind of trepidation towards a game in a very, very long time. Not since the Kingdom of Zeal and the Ocean Palace in Chrono Trigger (I seriously stop playing for a while when I get to Zeal, feelings are way too strong there).

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I'm at the point where whenever there's the slightest bit of static, or the music becomes strange, I'm in full alert mode. But yet, I'm okay with it, and actually want more.

I haven't had this kind of trepidation towards a game in a very, very long time. Not since the Kingdom of Zeal and the Ocean Palace in Chrono Trigger (I seriously stop playing for a while when I get to Zeal, feelings are way too strong there).
Yeah, ever since the first happy scene I've been okay for the most part, since I've been so constantly on edge. Though honestly I've just triggered the second happy scene (after delaying it as long as possible), so I don't know how I'll react to the later stuff yet.

I generally don't do horror games, as something about actually controlling a character while being scared (i.e. Silent Hill) creeps me out and makes me not want to play it. VN horror I can do, usually, unless it gets too far into my head.

Reactions: alex2011

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I don't suppose you intend to do more games in the future with the same girls? Possibly ones that don't revolve around horrific happy things?
After LiL, probably not (Unless the prequel stretch goal is hit on Patreon).
I might do girl-focused, Sensei-less special events as additional holiday type updates, but that's something that's probably still a ways off.
After LiL, I'll likely go back to 2D.
Game is noooooowhere near finished yet, though, so that's still years away.

Бякиш

Jan 31, 2021
Очень интересно только не понятно, где брать коды к компьютеру в игре?

Apr 16, 2020
I might do girl-focused, Sensei-less special events as additional holiday type updates, but that's something that's probably still a ways off.
That strangely makes me feel glad and worried about your well-being in the upcoming future. Thanks for the content that you've provided us thus far.

Reactions: alex2011

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
No girl needs more than 35 affection right now.
I'm willing to bet you're missing some HAPPY events, which are required to progress the story. Try going to the dorms then deciding to just go home without visiting anyone.
If that doesn't work, here's the Wiki page saying what you need to do to trigger the next main story event:
Yes that was it. Man I could have gone all year and never done that though. I mean I have no clue when these things will trigger. There should be some clues in the game because you can get stuck like that pretty easily.

Thanks for the tip though.

Jun 16, 2018
Trying to find All the names The Girls Like. Or the Unique Responses that are given after choosing.
Ami _ Onii-chan
Ayane _ Sensei
Futaba _ ?
Haruka _ ?
Makoto _ Daddy
Sara _ Daddy

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Trying to find All the names The Girls Like. Or the Unique Responses that are given after choosing.
Ami _ Onii-chan
Ayane _ Sensei
Futaba _ ?
Haruka _ ?
Makoto _ Daddy
Sara _ Daddy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This was mostly copy/pasted from my list from 0.10.0p1, with kirin's names added. If I missed someone or new names have been added to other girls, let me know.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does anyone know if Selebus uses public domain music for his game, and if so, where to find it? :unsure:
He does and most of the info can either be found in the game itself, there's an about section on the main menu, or through playing them in programs like VLC, which display the actual information like the real title, if available, in the title bar of the window.

So a couple things about the recent updates:
1. I really like that it looks like the MC is showing a little bit more care for the girls and their wellbeing and happiness (even if its just a little bit)
2. I like that there have been several instances of the MC saying that he's bad...but not that bad, in reference to some darker topics here and there, which kinda helps not feel like a monster with all the stuff the we have the MC do
3. I went through the Rin content first before the Molly stuff and I just want to say....
4. The main reason I still play is because the end of the description of the game is "But don't worry! Everything will be okay~" and I really just want to see it through to the end and see everyone okay at the end of it all.
I could honestly see that happening again with Molly, that was definitely not a one off scenario. This is a Denpa game, happy is just not in the cards except as maybe a true end scenario.

Please tell me this scene means what I think it does... Maya is one of my favorite female characters of all time... hands down, and although I would never trade the slow build that's been happening for anything 'cause it was amazing and her interactions with Sensei are hilarious, I'm also super excited for the chance to finally break through
her shell a little bit.

View attachment 1051308
Whatever you think it means, it probably doesn't. Maya is one of the girls with the furthest to go, only second to Yumi, who is progressing faster than Maya.

1. Me too, albeit for me it doesn't really make me like Sensei that much more. He's certainly got his moments with the girls that warms me up to a wholesome degree.
2. It's easier to admit your fault than it is to change anything about them, on that I can relate with the guy but as I've said it doesn't takeaway from the fact that he's an asshole.
3. Yeah that whole scene hit me like a truck because I felt closer to Rin than most in this VN, Yumi being the closest.
4. I'm hoping for something like that too but at this point if you've gone through as many tragic stories as I have you'll come to not expect the good stories to have a happy ending. It's always been that kind of expectation for me and this VN doesn't stray from that mindset. If anything I just hope it doesn't hurt as bad. I'd love to be proven wrong once this all comes full circle.
1. I certainly don't see him as I did originally, but I still don't like him as a person.

2. Indeed

3. That was totally unexpected in a very good way. It almost makes me want to up my subscription just because Selebus deserves it, but alas I cannot...yet.

4. Yeah, no, Denpa games don't typically do that. On top of that, this is said to be the dark route, which is likely to be the worst of the bunch in terms of positive or negative.

Maya and Sensei share a deeper history than it is initially stated. Or at least that's what I've felt like. It's a stupid mistake on my part too correlate Happy Events with their Main and Character Branch counterparts but at this point I honestly feel the connection between those two. It's there and slowly but assuredly since not many things have been going to how she thought was predicted, we're seeing her shell slowly crack. Even if that doesn't mean we'll get any closer to her, I'm hoping to see more vulnerable sides like this in the upcoming future.
Some here believe they might have been romantically involved or even sexually involved and that her one scene so far is likely a past event with her and old Sensei from before she went all gloom and doom.

Same, it's like I developed a Selebus sense.

No cap, but this game is hella depressing and very cryptic for being very straightforward(?)
Yep, Denpa games in a nutshell.

You know that's probably going to happen now that you've said that, right? Kind of like a reverse jinx. :p

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Will there be any significant difference in main events if I choose to "spoiler" Ami?
I decided to postpone the decision, so that I could make different save files closer to the end, just in case, and kinda found places that could go different if I decided to "spoiler" her.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Will there be any significant difference in main events if I choose to "spoiler" Ami?
Is there currently? Not really. Will there be? Almost certainly, but only Selebus knows what they would be.
Mc's mother in this game is very cute
Unless this is something that happened in the latest patreon version, wrong thread? There are moms but none of them are the mc's.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Is there currently? Not really. Will there be? Almost certainly, but only Selebus knows what they would be.

Unless this is something that happened in the latest patreon version, wrong thread? There are moms but none of them are the mc's.
No, I meant in ordinary main events, will they change somewhat significantly or there will be just a bit of flirt and flavour that dont really matter. Well, I checked and it seems there is just a bit of flirt in the events I saw so far.
But maybe there some events that changes significantly? Thats the question for guys who did runs with finger and without =)

Last edited:

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Damn, just met Molly and...Is it some sort of South Park reference? I hope its South Park reference =)

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes