alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So long as they're comfortable enough not to ask you to stop. Sensei isn't what I'd call a good person, but he does have some boundaries he respects.
I still have my doubts he would stop once started. He won't start something if it means hurting his overall goal, but I don't see any indication he would stop after he was originally given the green light. That said, there has been no situation where he was told to stop and that is really the only way to tell if he would comply.

Apr 19, 2020
So long as they're comfortable enough not to ask you to stop. Sensei isn't what I'd call a good person, but he does have some boundaries he respects.
He has little moments where he loses all control. Like when he kisses Yumi . Also, sometimes in dialogue he seems to have pretty sadistic/concerning tendencies. It makes me think in his past life, he did some pretty dark things to people

Reactions: alex2011

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I still have my doubts he would stop once started. He won't start something if it means hurting his overall goal, but I don't see any indication he would stop after he was originally given the green light. That said, there has been no situation where he was told to stop and that is really the only way to tell if he would comply.
What about the scene where he's fingering Miku?. That's what gave me the impression of my above statement.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
He has little moments where he loses all control. Like when he kisses Yumi . Also, sometimes in dialogue he seems to have pretty sadistic/concerning tendencies. It makes me think in his past life, he did some pretty dark things to people
In that example I feel like something else was in control of Sensei. I could, of course, be wrong.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What about the scene where he's fingering Miku?. That's what gave me the impression of my above statement.
She didn't say no and there was no indication it would be bad for his overall goal.

In that example I feel like something else was in control of Sensei. I could, of course, be wrong.
That's my impression as well and the 'happy' scenes aren't helping to dissuade me from that line of thinking.

kloklo

Jun 26, 2017
So a couple things about the recent updates:
1. I really like that it looks like the MC is showing a little bit more care for the girls and their wellbeing and happiness (even if its just a little bit)
2. I like that there have been several instances of the MC saying that he's bad...but not that bad, in reference to some darker topics here and there, which kinda helps not feel like a monster with all the stuff the we have the MC do
3. I went through the Rin content first before the Molly stuff and I just want to say....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
4. The main reason I still play is because the end of the description of the game is "But don't worry! Everything will be okay~" and I really just want to see it through to the end and see everyone okay at the end of it all.

Reactions: anon670-1

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Please tell me this scene means what I think it does... Maya is one of my favorite female characters of all time... hands down, and although I would never trade the slow build that's been happening for anything 'cause it was amazing and her interactions with Sensei are hilarious, I'm also super excited for the chance to finally break through
her shell a little bit.

mayaisbestgirl.png

Apr 16, 2020
So a couple things about the recent updates:
1. I really like that it looks like the MC is showing a little bit more care for the girls and their wellbeing and happiness (even if its just a little bit)
2. I like that there have been several instances of the MC saying that he's bad...but not that bad, in reference to some darker topics here and there, which kinda helps not feel like a monster with all the stuff the we have the MC do
3. I went through the Rin content first before the Molly stuff and I just want to say....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
4. The main reason I still play is because the end of the description of the game is "But don't worry! Everything will be okay~" and I really just want to see it through to the end and see everyone okay at the end of it all.
1. Me too, albeit for me it doesn't really make me like Sensei that much more. He's certainly got his moments with the girls that warms me up to a wholesome degree.
2. It's easier to admit your fault than it is to change anything about them, on that I can relate with the guy but as I've said it doesn't takeaway from the fact that he's an asshole.
3. Yeah that whole scene hit me like a truck because I felt closer to Rin than most in this VN, Yumi being the closest.
4. I'm hoping for something like that too but at this point if you've gone through as many tragic stories as I have you'll come to not expect the good stories to have a happy ending. It's always been that kind of expectation for me and this VN doesn't stray from that mindset. If anything I just hope it doesn't hurt as bad. I'd love to be proven wrong once this all comes full circle.

Last edited:

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Okay, I need help because I'm scared my game is bugged or I messed up and I'll have to restart... again.

So one of the requirements on the wiki listed for triggering the event 'There is Nothing' is that you need 10 happy events up to X, problem is, I missed #3 (Swim Trip) because I chose not to finger Ami. And, worse than that, #6 (Turn off the Lights), which the wiki says is unmissable, I've somehow missed? Or my game says so at least? It says to trigger the event, all you have to do is use the "Invite Over" button on a Saturday or Sunday, which I can assure you I've done... multiple times... so, am I screwed?

P.S - I'm going to be genuinely disappointed if this game turns out to be one with the illusion of choice, for example, you don't have to finger your niece if you don't want to, but haha get owned loser 'cause you're not allowed to progress the story now.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Hey, Selebus.

First thing, kudos for making an absolutely great game. I'm a big fan of VNs, and this is without a doubt one of the best written VNs I've ever played --- Eastern or Western -- and I've played a lot, so that's a big compliment. I'm only maybe halfway through the released content so far, so I'll have more to say and theories to share after I catch up.

I have a suggestion though. I've seen other people having a problem with the scary scenes being a bit too scary, and I saw how one person suggested you allow the option to remove them and you shot that down because they're the whole point of the game. I totally get that. But I thought of an option you could include for the scaredy cats like myself to also fully enjoy the game.

In either the option menu or as a cheat code in the computer, perhaps you could include the option to insert a "jump scare warning" before a scary scene starts? If it happens in the normal flow of a scene you could maybe have a little countdown thing appear showing it'll happen in 3 clicks, then 2, then 1. And if the scary scene appears based off of something the user clicks on (and they've activated the warning option), perhaps you could put the little smiley face thing next to it so they'd know to prepare themselves for it.

I totally get that this will lessen the impact of the scene, which is why it should be off by default and 100% optional. It's something that probably the majority of users would not want to turn on. But for people that are weaker to this sort of thing, it could be really helpful, and not make them do things like quit playing, or play with no sound, or the like.

That first happy scene was kind of mildly traumatic for me, as my guard was just totally down and it came out of nowhere and made me not want to play anymore. Since then I've extensively used a walkthrough, played with the sound way down, and kind of been completely willing to spoil myself by reading this thread (despite typically hating spoilers), to lessen the impact and surprise of the sudden scary scenes. An option like this would allow me, and others like me, to play in a more normal way.

I wouldn't say anything if I felt I was the only one that'd benefit from something like this, but I've seen a lot of other people posting in this thread about having a similar feeling that the scary bits are too much for them, so I thought this may be something that could be beneficial for many others as well.

Thanks for the consideration. Even if you change nothing I'll still be playing this damn thing to the end because it's too damn good. But I thought I'd share my idea. And again, thank you for making this, because it kicks ass.

Reactions: alex2011

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
OK I have successfully gotten every main character to an affection rating of 50 or more. And I am not getting any events now. The last one I got was Ayane, when she was depressed and asked me to sleep with her and Sana came in.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to activate the lust events for the girls I can have sex with? Or is there something else I'm missing.

I don't have access to Molly, Tsuneyo, Io or Uta. And I am stuck at main event Recall completed. There are apparently a lot more after that. I thought that once you got every girl you could access to level 50 you would get the events that were missing. Do I just have to grind from here on out?

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
OK I have successfully gotten every main character to an affection rating of 50 or more. And I am not getting any events now. The last one I got was Ayane, when she was depressed and asked me to sleep with her and Sana came in.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to activate the lust events for the girls I can have sex with? Or is there something else I'm missing.

I don't have access to Molly, Tsuneyo, Io or Uta. And I am stuck at main event Recall completed. There are apparently a lot more after that. I thought that once you got every girl you could access to level 50 you would get the events that were missing. Do I just have to grind from here on out?
No girl needs more than 35 affection right now.
I'm willing to bet you're missing some HAPPY events, which are required to progress the story. Try going to the dorms then deciding to just go home without visiting anyone.
If that doesn't work, here's the Wiki page saying what you need to do to trigger the next main story event:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
P.S - I'm going to be genuinely disappointed if this game turns out to be one with the illusion of choice, for example, you don't have to finger your niece if you don't want to, but haha get owned loser 'cause you're not allowed to progress the story now.
That's not what's happening. I'm not sure how the wiki is worded since I don't edit or modify any of it, but it accounts for misses as well. So when it says 10 happy events, it could mean 10 completed or 8 completed and 2 missed. All that matters is that the threshold is met and that virtually everything in Chapter 1 of the game has been either seen or permanently crossed out. You're likely missing one of the side character events if you can't trigger that. A lot of people seem to miss Haruka/Kaori/Chinami.

Thanks for the consideration. Even if you change nothing I'll still be playing this damn thing to the end because it's too damn good. But I thought I'd share my idea. And again, thank you for making this, because it kicks ass.
Hello and thank you for playing the game! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. I've heard the scare-warning suggestion from a few other people before, but your iteration is definitely the best sounding one I've heard. Unfortunately, that's just not something I want to implement. Because not only does it lessen the impact of a lot of the story (As you noted), the game is still a horror game at the end of the day because that's what I wanted to make. Putting a horror warning in a horror game is just not something I can find myself getting behind 100% and I don't hold it against anyone who stops playing because of that.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes