taler

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for the info. Definitely taking a look at it. I don't recall what the engine is for these character models, but while it's not the most typical engine used, I like it a lot. That's what caught my eye as I was surfing threads.
There's like 4 or 5 5-star rated games using this art engine on f95. You can find them if you just hover over the cover on the games list. https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=games/page=1/prefixes=7/sort=rating All the top rated ones are all really good imo. This game is the second best-rated game using this art engine, I believe the first is Hero's Harem Guild. I like all the highly rated ones for different reasons, I think LiL has the best story though.

Reactions: alex2011

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Okay, I've been trying to hold off on theorizing until I was caught up, but I can't help it. I've had a feeling since the very first happy scene and nothing is going against it so far, so I thought I'd share. (For the record, I'm before Rewrite, but I feel like I've done just about every single thing I could do before that, aside from Chika's events to remain a good homey)

Maya is obviously special. It doesn't seem like this game takes place in reality (as opposed to it being reality seen through the eyes of someone mentally unwell, it feels more like this just isn't real at all). I think most of these characters are just fantasy characters. But Maya is real. Or at the very least, she represents someone real to us. Someone that probably killed themselves. Probably because of us. Because we're a douche bag.

The "Swim Trip" happy scene in particular really strongly seemed to hint that Maya was real and everyone else wasn't. And she's the constant focus of happy scenes in general, which often focus on her dead body. Also there's something buried under our feet. Probably her dead body once again.

My theory is Maya is either our daughter or we're a real life teacher and she was a student of ours. Considering the events of this fantasy life, and his thoughts, it's pretty likely that he sexually abused her and this lead to her killing herself. Then the "jump" at the beginning of the game is him jumping off of a building due to his guilt. And this game would either be his dream while in a coma or his experience in hell.

I've caught wind of some stuff in this thread from later in the game that may throw my entire theory out of the window. But that's what it feels like to me so far.

Reactions: anon670-1

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Or, considering the forced Yumi event early on and the instinct to push her along with other violent instincts, maybe it's even worse than that. Maybe our character abused "Maya" in real life and then killed her to keep her quiet. Buried her in his yard, perhaps.

Reactions: anon670-1

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Or, considering the forced Yumi event early on and the instinct to push her along with other violent instincts, maybe it's even worse than that. Maybe our character abused "Maya" in real life and then killed her to keep her quiet. Buried her in his yard, perhaps.
Sounds boring. Too many good stories end with a bad ending like that...

Apr 16, 2020
Okay, I've been trying to hold off on theorizing until I was caught up, but I can't help it. I've had a feeling since the very first happy scene and nothing is going against it so far, so I thought I'd share. (For the record, I'm before Rewrite, but I feel like I've done just about every single thing I could do before that, aside from Chika's events to remain a good homey)

Maya is obviously special. It doesn't seem like this game takes place in reality (as opposed to it being reality seen through the eyes of someone mentally unwell, it feels more like this just isn't real at all). I think most of these characters are just fantasy characters. But Maya is real. Or at the very least, she represents someone real to us. Someone that probably killed themselves. Probably because of us. Because we're a douche bag.

The "Swim Trip" happy scene in particular really strongly seemed to hint that Maya was real and everyone else wasn't. And she's the constant focus of happy scenes in general, which often focus on her dead body. Also there's something buried under our feet. Probably her dead body once again.

My theory is Maya is either our daughter or we're a real life teacher and she was a student of ours. Considering the events of this fantasy life, and his thoughts, it's pretty likely that he sexually abused her and this lead to her killing herself. Then the "jump" at the beginning of the game is him jumping off of a building due to his guilt. And this game would either be his dream while in a coma or his experience in hell.

I've caught wind of some stuff in this thread from later in the game that may throw my entire theory out of the window. But that's what it feels like to me so far.
Given the latest events, you're way off. They're connected but not in an abusive way. That much I'll say. Keep an eye out on the wiki on how to unlock the happy events. It's implied later in the game that they both shared something possibly romantic and Maya will hint towards that. Not with Player Sensei but a past iteration before we took control.

Last edited:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Heyyy I want good stories too, it kinda kills all the progress we've done and fun times we had only to find out she ain't real!!!

At least let Sensei kill himself so he joins the buried body or something, hmph!!!
What if none of this is real and sensei is lying in a hospital in a coma?

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Sounds boring. Too many good stories end with a bad ending like that...
Yeah, it would be kind of cliche and predictable. Like I said, this theory immediately came to me after happy scene #1.

But for one, I'm not sure anything has really implied that this game will have a happy ending, or that our character is not a bad person at his core. And two, good stories can still have pretty cliched answers. Particularly in this genre.

This is a pretty Lynchian game, all around, and he's definitely done some stuff (see Mulholland Drive) where he takes an extremely simple plot and then shows it in the most confusing way possible. And it can be freaking brilliant, IMO. Whereas no normal way to show a plot like that would ever be able to work to such a degree.

I'm not 100% sure this is happening or anything. But it feels like it so far to me. I'll have to see if I still feel that way as I advance further, or if it completely flushes my theories down the toilet.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Has anyone cracked the code for what the numbers in the names mean?

Also for what the kanji says in the happy scenes?

Apr 19, 2020

I like these theories. I thought a few hours into the game, that he had actually killed all of the girls in a past life. Because sometimes his thoughts mention killing the girls, randomly, and it made sense until the mothers and older characters got involved too. It only really made sense to me if there was no one else in the game but the girls though, I thought all the other characters like teachers etc didn't exist as they weren't seen until a while into the game, they were only mentioned. Then I thought that Sensei used to be Haruka's husband, as he mentions hell quite a lot and wishes the husband is there and it could have been a hint that he had died and was in hell, and that he had actually sent himself there. Which would be quite an ironic situation. Whatever the true story is I can't wait to find it out

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I kinda think that their world was VN from the start, it just got broken somehow, or maybe Sensei got broken during countless playthroughs buy countless people. Does this makes character unreal? Well, what happens when you turn off the game? Maybe they continue their routines instead of just turning to nothingness. That's what they are doing now.

Maya were called a "dream child" or something like that by Ami in a happy scene. Her strong feeling toward incest were also weirdly emphasized, so that very well may be the case. I think their relationships were consensual, and consensual as relationship between teen and adult could be. Someone else got in a way, either Ami or Ayame and that resulted in tragedy. Idea of Sensei being in coma is supported by beeping sound of what may seem like a life support machine you hear in the clock room.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I like these theories. I thought a few hours into the game, that he had actually killed all of the girls in a past life. Because sometimes his thoughts mention killing the girls, randomly, and it made sense until the mothers and older characters got involved too. It only really made sense to me if there was no one else in the game but the girls though, I thought all the other characters like teachers etc didn't exist as they weren't seen until a while into the game, they were only mentioned. Then I thought that Sensei used to be Haruka's husband, as he mentions hell quite a lot and wishes the husband is there and it could have been a hint that he had died and was in hell, and that he had actually sent himself there. Which would be quite an ironic situation. Whatever the true story is I can't wait to find it out
Breaking them, not killing, although he did thought about pushing Yumi from the stairs, I think.

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
After putting hours into the game, this reminds me of the movie "Ghosts of war", especially with all the glitches and stuff.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I kinda think that their world was VN from the start, it just got broken somehow, or maybe Sensei got broken during countless playthroughs buy countless people. Does this makes character unreal? Well, what happens when you turn off the game? Maybe they continue their routines instead of just turning to nothingness. That's what they are doing now.
Oh interesting, I hadn't thought of it going that route. Though that could be a bit too close to DDLC. Also all the religious symbolism doesn't really fit with that, especially because it seems like in this case it would definitely be a Japanese VN with all the specific references to Japanese stuff, and religion is much less of a thing over there. Whereas if Sensei were a real person that could easily be explained by just this one guy being religious, or just fever dreaming this part of the story as a way to explore his guilt.

Maya were called a "dream child" or something like that by Ami in a happy scene. Her strong feeling toward incest were also weirdly emphasized, so that very well may be the case. I think their relationships were consensual, and consensual as relationship between teen and adult could be. Someone else got in a way, either Ami or Ayame and that resulted in tragedy. Idea of Sensei being in coma is supported by beeping sound of what may seem like a life support machine you hear in the clock room.
Nice. I didn't catch that the beeping could be a life support sound.

And yeah, Maya's reaction to incest is part of what is pointing me in that direction. I probably should've actually pointed out that Maya and Sensei very well could be uncle / niece as well. That'd explain why Ami would be the way she is. There is the constant "daddy" references too though, at least in regards to the nicknames. Though that's more optional.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes