forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Breaking them, not killing, although he did thought about pushing Yumi from the stairs, I think.
Also I just had a scene with him fantasizing about fucking Miku's severed head in the eye socket ....

I definitely think him being a serial killer is on the table. Not the way I'm leaning right now, but who knows with this guy.

Oh, and also it felt like the scene with Futaba's story early on ("Upside Down") seemed very important. Bodies in the boiler room. A family that shouldn't ask questions. Whatever that was it seemed to come from his real life. Although reading that again I guess it could just be referencing whatever is going on in their current situation as well. Saying that the girls will be happy as long as they don't question Sensei and think about why they're stuck in this time loop, or whatever it is.

Reactions: alex2011

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
One final thing I've been thinking about. Sorry if my spamming the thread with a bunch of posts in a row is annoying anyone.

I saw some people earlier in the thread suggesting that Sensei wasn't so bad of a guy because he could choose to do good or do bad. We're the ones to blame if he chooses bad. I have a few counter points to this.

1. There are forced actions and forced thoughts that imply extreme cruelty and a complete lack of empathy in his heart. It's not always there, but it sometimes is, and I don't think normal people really go to the places he goes to in his mind so often.

2. The very fact that he seems to see the potential for evil actions in so many situations seems to suggest that he's extremely capable of those evil actions. A good person all alone with a girl doesn't suddenly entertain the idea of raping her, for example. The choice wouldn't even exist if they were a good-hearted person. (Not that I've encountered a choice like this -- though I have seen him thinking along these lines --- but just the fact that bad choices are available tells us about the character)

3. This theory is more about a person that's done awful things and is now regretting it, and being thrown into situations where he has a chance to do them again in some kind of dream state. So it makes sense that he can either choose to do better or continue to do awful things this time. Because you can choose to do right this time doesn't suggest that he was also innocent before.

Of course there's other explanations for all of this too. If he really is sure that this isn't reality then he could just be playing around and treating it like a game, and so in that case it wouldn't be fair to judge him so much for his actions. But even still, some of the darker stuff is definitely hinting at true darkness in his heart.

Drogorn

Jun 24, 2018
1. There are forced actions and forced thoughts that imply extreme cruelty and a complete lack of empathy in his heart. It's not always there, but it sometimes is, and I don't think normal people really go to the places he goes to in his mind so often.
Hit the nail on the head here. The player has some agency in what they do, but a lot of events are entirely scripted. It's a side effect of playing a VN, really.
As long as Selebus doesn't try to guilt the player for a choice that boils down to "You have to pick this option to keep playing the game", end result doesn't matter much. But you really can't fault the player for ~90% of Sensei's actions, since the entire scope of the player's agency in a lot of scenes is "I clicked the go button".

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
New poll available on !
Choose which dorm is introduced on 5/1.

View attachment 1060717
So the patreon peeps get to choose whether friends and new crush or enemies(?) of the current girls get to join the dorms? Either way this is gonna be chaotic.

Since the picture is labeled "finaldormpoll" I assume there's no poll between the losers of this one and Dorm 10, which makes me curious if there is going to be a reason why the girls in Dorm 10 had to be last. (Obviously I don't expect an actual answer to that right now.)

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
So the patreon peeps get to choose whether friends and new crush or enemies(?) of the current girls get to join the dorms? Either way this is gonna be chaotic.

Since the picture is labeled "finaldormpoll" I assume there's no poll between the losers of this one and Dorm 10, which makes me curious if there is going to be a reason why the girls in Dorm 10 had to be last. (Obviously I don't expect an actual answer to that right now.)
Dorm 10 is actually coming out on 4/1. They won the last poll. Here is the outline for it.

Total Events: 0/24 Complete
Main Events: 0/6 Complete
Kirin Events: 0/7 Complete
Noriko Events: 0/7 Complete
Karin Events: 0/2 Complete
Mystery Side Character Events: 0/2 Complete
Dorm Room 10: 0/1 Complete
Character Profiles: 0/3 Complete
Programming: 0/24 Complete
Proofreading/Editing: 0/24 Complete

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Dorm 10 is actually coming out on 4/1. They won the last poll. Here is the outline for it.

Total Events: 0/24 Complete
Main Events: 0/6 Complete
Kirin Events: 0/7 Complete
Noriko Events: 0/7 Complete
Karin Events: 0/2 Complete
Mystery Side Character Events: 0/2 Complete
Dorm Room 10: 0/1 Complete
Character Profiles: 0/3 Complete
Programming: 0/24 Complete
Proofreading/Editing: 0/24 Complete
So it's final for the (should be) obvious reason of them being the last two left!? My conspiracy theory is ruined, ruined I say!
I suppose it says a lot about your writing that my first instinct was "There's something deeper going on here".

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Oh interesting, I hadn't thought of it going that route. Though that could be a bit too close to DDLC. Also all the religious symbolism doesn't really fit with that, especially because it seems like in this case it would definitely be a Japanese VN with all the specific references to Japanese stuff, and religion is much less of a thing over there.
Well, the obvious answer is often the right one. Why everybody fall for Sensei despite him putting next to no efforts? He's MC, it supposed to happen like this. I almost feel like the game deals such shity hand in life to Rin to "fix" her. Girl in vn is supposed to like the MC, not the other girls.
I think someone (Sensei or Amiokay, "happy" version of Maya, or both) in the game gone rouge, got access to code in attempts to fix what people, playing through MC done to characters or whatnot.
Maybe Sensei wasn't even supposed to be MC. He was typical male npc teacher at school, fell in love with Amiokay girl, then came a real MC (actual human player) and stole the girl. Sensei got rid of him, along with other males and everything went to shit afterwards.
Game is in the quarantine now, with devs trying to fix it and the other party trying to achieve its goals. Maybe that's the stand in for multiple gods, being referred left and right in the game.
Whereas if Sensei were a real person that could easily be explained by just this one guy being religious, or just fever dreaming this part of the story as a way to explore his guilt.
THIS Sensei might be a real person. He seems to think he was "isekai'd" through suicide, claims he does not have much memories left, but he's almost lucid in happy scenes and sometimes "slip" few things that would suggest that he does have memories of pervious Sensei. I can't quite determine if he's a broken and blank incarnation of previous Sensei or an entirely new person, incarnated in new body.
And yeah, Maya's reaction to incest is part of what is pointing me in that direction. I probably should've actually pointed out that Maya and Sensei very well could be uncle / niece as well. That'd explain why Ami would be the way she is. There is the constant "daddy" references too though, at least in regards to the nicknames. Though that's more optional.
I don't think so. I though that maybe Maya is Sensei's and Amiokay's daughter.
Ami is the way that she is because of her inability to cope with her parents deaths. Sensei is her stand in for daddy. The more she takes care of him and spends time with him, the less time she has to process death. Well, she can't really process it, she just breakes.
Every other girl in the game have daddy issues because there almost no dads around, because of the war.
Which is also a very curious subject. since we know nothing about it. I find it suspicios that such an important part of the setting, directly influencing lives of so many girl is so half-assed thrown into the story. No one says anything meaningful about it, as if there is nothing to say. Like someone just made it up on the spot, during world reset, it carried over and now is intrinsic part of reality, so everybody just accept it as a matter of fact. All to make it easier for Sensei to fool around with girls.
Also I just had a scene with him fantasizing about fucking Miku's severed head in the eye socket ....
That's a happy scene, they have their own rules. We don't know if Sensei in happy scene is the same as in the main game.
Oh, and also it felt like the scene with Futaba's story early on ("Upside Down") seemed very important. Bodies in the boiler room. A family that shouldn't ask questions. Whatever that was it seemed to come from his real life. Although reading that again I guess it could just be referencing whatever is going on in their current situation as well. Saying that the girls will be happy as long as they don't question Sensei and think about why they're stuck in this time loop, or whatever it is.
It stood out to me too, but I don't know what it means. I swear, someone in this game already said something about boiler room, but I can't remember.
I don't think Sensei is the murderer. If anyone, Ami seems to be a perfect mass murderer material. She's also this game's Judah and the only character, beside Maya that appeared in happy scene, while somewhat lucid and seem to know what's up.
One final thing I've been thinking about. Sorry if my spamming the thread with a bunch of posts in a row is annoying anyone.
That's what the forums are for.
I saw some people earlier in the thread suggesting that Sensei wasn't so bad of a guy because he could choose to do good or do bad. We're the ones to blame if he chooses bad.
Well, for what it's worth, he's definitely getting better. I find it funny how even he thinks that he puts zero effort into building relationships with girls, but if you really think about it it's not the case. The amount of time and leggwork (he doesn't have a car for some reason) he invest into every single female (especially those in his classroom) is quite impressive. His motive being potential sex with them doesn't change that fact.
He's very inconsistent with that. It's like there are several people at the same time.
2. The very fact that he seems to see the potential for evil actions in so many situations seems to suggest that he's extremely capable of those evil actions. A good person all alone with a girl doesn't suddenly entertain the idea of raping her, for example. The choice wouldn't even exist if they were a good-hearted person. (Not that I've encountered a choice like this -- though I have seen him thinking along these lines --- but just the fact that bad choices are available tells us about the character)
I would argue that your actions alone is what qualify you as a "good person". There's difference between "harmless person" and "good" one. I would also argue that a person unaware of his own violent urges and blissfully ignorant to his dark impulses several times more dangerous that a person who knows what he's capable of. It's entirely a matter of self-control.
3. This theory is more about a person that's done awful things and is now regretting it, and being thrown into situations where he has a chance to do them again in some kind of dream state. So it makes sense that he can either choose to do better or continue to do awful things this time. Because you can choose to do right this time doesn't suggest that he was also innocent before.
A theory that is as good as any other. Although Sensei seem more broken that evil to me.

Now, after lengthy reply I feel like I should change my name to alex2011.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Well, the obvious answer is often the right one. Why everybody fall for Sensei despite him putting next to no efforts? He's MC, it supposed to happen like this.
It could be. But I think this world being his fantasy is just as fitting (and perhaps even more obvious?) of an explanation.

And the happy scenes would basically be moments where he's accidentally on the verge of remembering his real life.

We definitely agree that this is not reality. All the ridiculous convenience combined with all the 4th wall breaking make that very clear. (Besides ... you know ... the game outright saying that nothing is real many times.)

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
the game outright saying that nothing is real many times
This. I just don't think it's fantasy. It might be a simulation, virtual reality for suicide victims (do you call them victims?). Is it based on "real" people or they're all coded? Maybe they are all in simulation?
I still like vn theory more, though.
Also, Selebus, did I hit even once? Would you tell me if I did?

Nov 21, 2020
This. I just don't think it's fantasy. It might be a simulation, virtual reality for suicide victims (do you call them victims?). Is it based on "real" people or they're all coded? Maybe they are all in simulation?
I still like vn theory more, though.
Also, Selebus, did I hit even once? Would you tell me if I did?
My running theory is that the game is really... just a game, hence the constant self-aware 4th-wall breaks, hex codes and fucked up character models and actions during resets and happy events. The game is destabilizing from a memory leak or a bug, and the people running the game "fix" this problem by restarting it, but since restarting it doesn't actually address the problem, the game keeps breaking and doing weird shit. It explains the "USER 2" shit, why time doesn't really seem to progress in a normal way, why no one outside of Maya and Sensei address the changing of the seasons, etc. You can even explain why Makoto could remember committing suicide even though she was alive. The save data from one game crossed into the save data of another game. It's a bit like West World season 1. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: akselx

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
My running theory is that the game is really... just a game, hence the constant self-aware 4th-wall breaks, hex codes and fucked up character models and actions during resets and happy events.
I'm thinking variation of that.
It explains the "USER 2" shit, why time doesn't really seem to progress in a normal way, why no one outside of Maya and Sensei address the changing of the seasons, etc.
Actually, it doesn't explain Maya and Sensei's situation. Why are they the on;y people that notices this?

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
There's like 4 or 5 5-star rated games using this art engine on f95. You can find them if you just hover over the cover on the games list. https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=games/page=1/prefixes=7/sort=rating All the top rated ones are all really good imo. This game is the second best-rated game using this art engine, I believe the first is Hero's Harem Guild. I like all the highly rated ones for different reasons, I think LiL has the best story though.
What in the heck!? I've never seen that feature here before!

Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: forthewins
Nov 21, 2020
I'm thinking variation of that.

Actually, it doesn't explain Maya and Sensei's situation. Why are they the on;y people that notices this?
Because they've become sentient and can see the world (at least partially) for what it is. Neither of them remember what their previous lives were like before waking up here because they didn't have previous lives. They've always been these 2 characters and they always will be. Sensei's different personalities and small changes in decision-making that Maya talks about from all the previous cycles are just different people controlling the main character of this game.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes