PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
They exist in the same time while looking around the same age and attending the same school in the same class, there would have to be some pretty odd temporal fuckery going on if Ami was Maya's mother.
Yup. It's why I said "not super likely". I think it's safe to say that there's *some* temporal fuckery going on already, given some of the events, however. Plus Maya's super protective of Ami and stuff. There are better theories, and many more likely ones, but I like the brain twisting nature of this one, so I keep it tucked away for safe keeping.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
So, was anyone else today years old when they came upon suddenly realized what "Kumon-mi" means randomly while going about their day?

:FacePalm:
Same. I'm fluent in Japanese so it took me a hell of a long time to figure out why this was such a big deal (if your pronounce it the Japanese way it's not inappropriate, if you pronounce it like an american than :sneaky:)

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
God I'm so fucking sick of Maya's shit. Just get to the part where she realizes that I'm literally changing the game's design and stop her from being a bitch.

I prefer the machine cucking me over the Other Maya than I do her.

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
Huh nice, didn't want to redo everything from like ages ago since I so happened to do "Schadenfreude" before the beach event and used saveedit to change "rinbetrayed" from 1 to 0 and it worked flawlessly. Very nice.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Are the links not updated to .13.1 or am I missing something?
0.13.0 part 2 is a newer version than 0.13.1 part 1. This game has weird versioning numbers. The links are the most up to date version.

I didn't bother updating my cheat post because no new cheats were added and I didn't feel like going through the entire games code AGAIN looking for consequences to using cheats when I had just done so a day before the patreon version was leaked.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yup. It's why I said "not super likely". I think it's safe to say that there's *some* temporal fuckery going on already, given some of the events, however. Plus Maya's super protective of Ami and stuff. There are better theories, and many more likely ones, but I like the brain twisting nature of this one, so I keep it tucked away for safe keeping.
I think so, or at least something that can't be explained with less than scifi science or the arcane like what we have IRL. It may not be temporal in nature, it could be extradimensional as well, but it definitely seems like something not of our reality is happening on top of the mental isses of the girls.

With how many people had that revelation, I'm starting to feel like the weird one having gotten it right away.
You aren't alone, though I can't exactly say I feel weird about knowing immediately what it said.

Same. I'm fluent in Japanese so it took me a hell of a long time to figure out why this was such a big deal (if your pronounce it the Japanese way it's not inappropriate, if you pronounce it like an american than :sneaky:)
That's probably the only reason I knew immediately, especially now that I'm running into the issue of getting TOO used to Japanese and this is only at a basic conversational, but constantly increasing, level. I'm starting to use the Japanese pronunciation for literally everything and actually have to try to stop myself when speaking English with people who don't know Japanese pronunciations.

I spent a long time trying to figure out what the -mi suffix was supposed to be.

(Because I assumed the "kumon" was 苦悶 for anguish)
That might have been intended considering the type of game this is. Not only does the direct pronunciation lead to what we discovered, but the game is about the girls and player Sensei suffering from immense issues that can, at times, lead to anguish and very well might considering the Denpa genre.

Huh nice, didn't want to redo everything from like ages ago since I so happened to do "Schadenfreude" before the beach event and used saveedit to change "rinbetrayed" from 1 to 0 and it worked flawlessly. Very nice.
Now here's to hoping there's not some sort of detection for edits in the save file from outside sources. I'm not about to go code diving again to find out, so I hope not.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
That might have been intended considering the type of game this is. Not only does the direct pronunciation lead to what we discovered, but the game is about the girls and player Sensei suffering from immense issues that can, at times, lead to anguish and very well might considering the Denpa genre.
Unless someone comes up with a good theory for what the "-mi" means, I'm inclined to chalk it up as a coincidence. Kumon isn't all that common of a word.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Unless someone comes up with a good theory for what the "-mi" means, I'm inclined to chalk it up as a coincidence. Kumon isn't all that common of a word.
True. In old Japanese, the suffix could express thinking or feeling, so it would be 'a feeling of anguish' assuming my translation is accurate. As I said, I'm dealing with old Japanese here or Japanese that is barely or not at all in use at this time, kind of like the Japanese equivalent the Shakespearean English. My limited Japanese is in the modern form, what you hear today.

Assuming it is, that's not exactly a name that one would expect for a town given it is more likely to scare people off than anything. It would literally be the town with a feeling of anguish, which is quite the sinister reputation.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes