cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
True. In old Japanese, the suffix could express thinking or feeling, so it would be 'a feeling of anguish' assuming my translation is accurate. As I said, I'm dealing with old Japanese here or Japanese that is barely or not at all in use at this time, kind of like the Japanese equivalent the Shakespearean English. My limited Japanese is in the modern form, what you hear today.

Assuming it is, that's not exactly a name that one would expect for a town given it is more likely to scare people off than anything. It would literally be the town with a feeling of anguish, which is quite the sinister reputation.
That -mi only attaches to i-adjectives ( ) as it's a method of turning an adjective into a noun. Kumon is already a noun, so it couldn't be used here.

Unless Selebus has been hiding some serious Japanese language chops, though, I don't think we need to delve into Classical Japanese in any case ;)

Reactions: alex2011

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
Speaking of the town name, does anyone else have these buildings in their area?

I hadn't really paid any attention to them before, but I did a double take the first time I noticed one after playing the game. It even has a similar aesthetic with the smiley face...

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Is Kumon-mi not just a play on "cum on me"?
I believe that's what a bunch of people are kicking themselves for not realizing sooner. Though there's potential for there to be other meanings, which is what the other part of the discussion seems to be about. Selebus does love hidden messages, and being clever. Hiding an extra meaning behind a joke would be in the right style.

Riltom

Oct 2, 2018
I have many theories on different aspects and several on this one alone. My biggest take right now on this specifically is largely the same as yours, but the murder attempt was on old Sensei, not on Maya. It was less the 'eliminate the threat as a warning to others' approach and more the 'if I can't have him, no one can' approach that yanderes pull as a last resort because old Sensei found out about Ami trying to scare Maya off, making him a threat. The thing is that he survived with a sort of amnesia from the fall, a bonk to the head, especially one large enough to cause injury, has been known to induce amnesia. It's a miracle he survived at all, honestly. The fall was witnessed by Maya and, having come to the conclusion he would not survive, she became the way she is now to cope subconsciously. However, he beat the odds and survived, but his memories and personality did not. He is slowly regaining bits of his old self over time and that is what we see when he does show a softer side.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: alex2011

Mr.PizzaPizza

Aug 6, 2018
Why does the changelog mention v0.13.1 part 2 but the download is still 0.13.0 part 2 and the post itself is still names 0.13.0 part 2?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That -mi only attaches to i-adjectives ( ) as it's a method of turning an adjective into a noun. Kumon is already a noun, so it couldn't be used here.

Unless Selebus has been hiding some serious Japanese language chops, though, I don't think we need to delve into Classical Japanese in any case ;)
True, my mistake. I'm not even sure an actual Japanese person would be getting into the old forms unless they specifically studied them just like not every English speaker can speak or interpret Shakespearean English, I know I had a hard time with it in highschool just studying actual Shakespeare in English classes. It could easily just be coincidence, but there could be a meaning behind it that fits the theme very well considering the first part of the name of the town.

Last edited:

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Dammit Selebus ... I waited until today to play Part 2, like I said I would, and I have to say I'm both glad and sad that I waited. Molly's dorm event is top notch. Probably one of the funniest bit in the game.
Ironic how one can so desperately search for love, but reject the love that's right in the reach of their hands...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ironic how one can so desperately search for love, but reject the love that's right in the reach of their hands...

Indeed, the poor girl is just setting herself up for heartbreak as it is now, but maybe that could be a way to diminish the impact. I still feel bad for Rin having gone through that and Molly being added to the pool of girls that has had their heart broken before my very eyes is just cruelty that only one being could be willing to pull.

I'm watching you, HOPE-Sama, don't make me call in Noodles.

I was talking about the one before that (the RAID one), but that one was good too.
Ah, the RAID one. That was so damn random and so good :)
That one was gold, also completely unexpected.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes