Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
So we know the game is set in Japan, and (most of) the characters have Japanese names, so I'm curious if Selebus ever made kanji spellings for the various girl's names. Cause there can be a lot of meaning behind the kanji used in a person's name.

Also, unrelated, but I was looking at the wiki and was shocked to discover that Io's fricking tall... or rather that there's a typo in her height, cause she's listed at 5'11" but only 155cm, so I assume that was meant to be 5'1".

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So we know the game is set in Japan, and (most of) the characters have Japanese names, so I'm curious if Selebus ever made kanji spellings for the various girl's names. Cause there can be a lot of meaning behind the kanji used in a person's name.

Also, unrelated, but I was looking at the wiki and was shocked to discover that Io's fricking tall... or rather that there's a typo in her height, cause she's listed at 5'11" but only 155cm, so I assume that was meant to be 5'1".
I doubt that one, this isn't like the town name, where there really is a potential meaning behind it given it really does use terms found within the Japanese language that fit with the theme. The first part of the town's name is literally anguish, but none of the girls seem to follow a pattern that fits the theme of the game, especially with one not having a Japanese name in the first place, though if there was a pattern, I suppose she could follow the Irish equivalent.

Io is most definitely supposed to be 5'1'', the math doesn't add up.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
If only the women I've tried dating thought of 5'11" as "fricking tall" instead of "not 6'...." :p
To be clear, this is a joke.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
If only the women I've tried dating thought of 5'11" as "fricking tall" instead of "not 6'...." :p
At my high school entrance physical they marked my height down as 5' 11 3/4". Over a decade later and I'm still bitter about it. Think of all the ink they could have saved by rounding up!

Chin up, king. You're big in Japan.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Whats the difference with 5'11 and 6'? Its, like, 2cm or something (180cm vs 182cm?) Oo
And since girls are about +-165cm...How they even manage to see that difference?
I would gladly be lower than I am currently since it sucks to scrape the roof with my scalp every now and then.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Whats the difference with 5'11 and 6'? Its, like, 2cm or something (180cm vs 182cm?) Oo
And since girls are about +-165cm...How they even manage to see that difference?
I would gladly be lower than I am currently since it sucks to scrape the roof with my scalp every now and then.
It's a 1 inch difference. There are 12 inches in 1 foot, so 5'11'' is just short, no pun intended, of 6'0'' because 5'11'' is read as 5 feet 11 inches.

scarecrow52

Mar 8, 2021
my saves is broken. Is there some way to fix it?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3319, in script
with dissolve
AttributeError: 'TransformState' object has no attribute 'size'

Reactions: Seth908

Tarpitz

Mar 8, 2021
I'm sure I'm being a complete doofus, but what's the craic with parts? Is the content split across the two, so part 2 is effectively a sequel, or is part 2 just an updated version with a weird labelling system, or what?

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I'm sure I'm being a complete doofus, but what's the craic with parts? Is the content split across the two, so part 2 is effectively a sequel, or is part 2 just an updated version with a weird labelling system, or what?
The chapter is just being split into two parts for development reasons.
It has no effect on the game or file structure.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes