alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
It's not a game, why do you think there's such a large "gap" between the last update and the "next" one, it's not coming people. Those blackouts in Texas? all faked, meant to give an excuse to "Selebus". In reality, the "game" has already served its purpose, it's all been an elaborate Raid: Shadow Legends ad the entire time.

I can't believe we were all so blind.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
It's not a game, why do you think there's such a large "gap" between the last update and the "next" one, it's not coming people. Those blackouts in Texas? all faked, meant to give an excuse to "Selebus". In reality, the "game" has already served its purpose, it's all been an elaborate Raid: Shadow Legends ad the entire time.

Nice knowing ya. Now Selebus'll have to send Noodles for you.

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
He's very inconsistent with that. It's like there are several people at the same time.
That's because he is multiple people at once, at least other people are influencing his thoughts. Remember, every time some glitch happens regarding his past or his life, the USER immediately changes. The closest example I can remember off the top of my head is when Yumi asks sensei if he lost his memories right before the Halloween party.

My theory, he's sort of playing a full-dive VR VN and the when entering, the glitch happened which took his memories and the cause of his glitch is one or more of the NPCs went rogue(gained self-awareness). Though, this is my second theory. First one is actually something like the movie "Ghosts of war". I'll explain it if you're curious.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Okay, I've been trying to hold off on theorizing until I was caught up, but I can't help it. I've had a feeling since the very first happy scene and nothing is going against it so far, so I thought I'd share. (For the record, I'm before Rewrite, but I feel like I've done just about every single thing I could do before that, aside from Chika's events to remain a good homey)

Maya is obviously special. It doesn't seem like this game takes place in reality (as opposed to it being reality seen through the eyes of someone mentally unwell, it feels more like this just isn't real at all). I think most of these characters are just fantasy characters. But Maya is real. Or at the very least, she represents someone real to us. Someone that probably killed themselves. Probably because of us. Because we're a douche bag.

The "Swim Trip" happy scene in particular really strongly seemed to hint that Maya was real and everyone else wasn't. And she's the constant focus of happy scenes in general, which often focus on her dead body. Also there's something buried under our feet. Probably her dead body once again.

My theory is Maya is either our daughter or we're a real life teacher and she was a student of ours. Considering the events of this fantasy life, and his thoughts, it's pretty likely that he sexually abused her and this lead to her killing herself. Then the "jump" at the beginning of the game is him jumping off of a building due to his guilt. And this game would either be his dream while in a coma or his experience in hell.

I've caught wind of some stuff in this thread from later in the game that may throw my entire theory out of the window. But that's what it feels like to me so far.
Or, considering the forced Yumi event early on and the instinct to push her along with other violent instincts, maybe it's even worse than that. Maybe our character abused "Maya" in real life and then killed her to keep her quiet. Buried her in his yard, perhaps.
Given the latest events, you're way off. They're connected but not in an abusive way. That much I'll say. Keep an eye out on the wiki on how to unlock the happy events. It's implied later in the game that they both shared something possibly romantic and Maya will hint towards that. Not with Player Sensei but a past iteration before we took control.
I've considered these possibilities and I am still holding firm to the theory that this world is very real, within the story anyway, and that there really is something behind the scenes. Some temporal, AKA time based, fuckery of an extraterrestrial or extradimensional nature. That Maya scene at the beginning in particular, you've long since seen it if you've gotten as far as Rewrite for sure, tells me that something happened, but I can't pinpoint exactly what. At least, not yet, anyway. Maybe there was an incident, either accidental or purposeful, involving one of the girls and old Sensei on the roof of a building, possibly a murder. Considering Ami's nature, she could have taken the 'if I can't have him, no one can' approach against old Sensei after being refused due to familial ties. This could have led to a sort of amnesia in old Sensei, drawing out a different personality that we now know as player Sensei. Maya could have been as cheerful as she was in the one scene before this and witnessing what could very well be her secret lover falling to what was almost certain death could have triggered her current state of mind, especially with the realization that this is not the same person she knew before the fall. The opening does support the potential for both murder and suicide by falling and some of the things Maya says does support this change in personality or even a more nonsensical change like an isekai switch, where another person somehow got switched into his body through reincarnation...anime logic, don't try to rationalize it, you'll only give yourself a headache.

New poll available on !
Choose which dorm is introduced on 5/1.

View attachment 1060717
Vote cast, may the best dorm win, or should I say most popular. This one was tough because dorm 8 has freaking Otoha, who has managed to grow on me significantly through what little part she has played, but I still must throw Touka to the mercy, or lack thereof, of the Denpa.

Dorm 10 is actually coming out on 4/1. They won the last poll. Here is the outline for it.

Total Events: 0/24 Complete
Main Events: 0/6 Complete
Kirin Events: 0/7 Complete
Noriko Events: 0/7 Complete
Karin Events: 0/2 Complete
Mystery Side Character Events: 0/2 Complete
Dorm Room 10: 0/1 Complete
Character Profiles: 0/3 Complete
Programming: 0/24 Complete
Proofreading/Editing: 0/24 Complete
Ah well, I tried, but the higher tiers did have an advantage they do not this time. I am curious how many voted the same as I did last time by individual subscriber head count, though, meaning one sub is one vote no matter their tier much like this one. Just random curiosity about how close my chosen dorm was last time, no answer necessary.

That was hilariously fitting as a response in the thread itself. Stuff like this makes me think you're taking points from this thread as ideas since several conversations during the window between 0.12.0 and 0.13.0 appeared almost word for word, including some things I myself said, which is how I recognized the lines as conversation from the thread. Having lines that line up perfectly with things that have been or are likely to be said only adds to this train of thought.

Classic misdirection. Ha! You have to try harder than this.
Or is it reverse psychology? He might be using the apparent misdirection to make you think it is when Maya is actually stating the unknown truth about the plot in this line.

I've been had, this injustice must not go unanswered...right after I download Raid: Shadow Legends...and get some more fingers so I can play that and this at the same time. :p

Nice knowing ya. Now Selebus'll have to send Noodles for you.
We're sorry, Noodles is currently unavailable due to a long term event in Raid: Shadow Legends. If you would like to leave him a message, he will get back to you at his earliest possible convenience.

Fuck. I just finished the latest public update, and I'm getting major bad homie vibes...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank god:D
There is a BIG difference now that I think about it that could lead to saving us from that. There is no promise, which is what led to the bad homie situation the first time. Only we as players know about this new development, it has not been made known to player Sensei like it was with Rin.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
That's because he is multiple people at once, at least other people are influencing his thoughts. Remember, every time some glitch happens regarding his past or his life, the USER immediately changes. The closest example I can remember off the top of my head is when Yumi asks sensei if he lost his memories right before the Halloween party.
That was the first instance of this happening. And I'm still eagerly waiting for a fallout of that, but Yumi is silent on that.

My theory, he's sort of playing a full-dive VR VN and the when entering, the glitch happened which took his memories and the cause of his glitch is one or more of the NPCs went rogue(gained self-awareness). Though, this is my second theory. First one is actually something like the movie "Ghosts of war". I'll explain it if you're curious.
Do expalin.

At least, not yet, anyway. Maybe there was an incident, either accidental or purposeful, involving one of the girls and old Sensei on the roof of a building, possibly a murder. Considering Ami's nature, she could have taken the 'if I can't have him, no one can' approach against old Sensei after being refused due to familial ties. This could have led to a sort of amnesia in old Sensei, drawing out a different personality that we now know as player Sensei.
In this case, I think, the victim was Maya, or rather Amiokay. That's why current Maya stays the fuck away from Sensei.

Maya could have been as cheerful as she was in the one scene before this and witnessing what could very well be her secret lover falling to what was almost certain death could have triggered her current state of mind,
This scene was bugged. Literally, so it's hard to know what part of it were real and what was a mishmash of previous cycles, but the way they started repeating themselves after a while did make them seem like npc. Those were happy days, because they were proper functioning npc and nothing was broken.

especially with the realization that this is not the same person she knew before the fall.
I'm not convinced that it's the same Maya.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
how do you invite ayane over?
Invites are in the third time period of the day, but not all characters are on the list yet.

That was the first instance of this happening. And I'm still eagerly waiting for a fallout of that, but Yumi is silent on that.

Do expalin.

In this case, I think, the victim was Maya, or rather Amiokay. That's why current Maya stays the fuck away from Sensei.

This scene was bugged. Literally, so it's hard to know what part of it were real and what was a mishmash of previous cycles, but the way they started repeating themselves after a while did make them seem like npc. Those were happy days, because they were proper functioning npc and nothing was broken.

I'm not convinced that it's the same Maya.
I don't see any evidence to support Maya being a victim yet, but there is enough evidence to keep the possibility open just by the way some of the girls act, looking at you Ami. Possibly indirectly through an illicit relationship, sure, because that would mean she was victimized through having old Sensei taken from her.

There is potential for Ami to have gone on a MAJOR jealous streak toward Maya and that could have caused her to take drastic measures. There was a theory that Amiokay girl is actually Maya in between the time her one scene took place and the way she is now. She could have been bullied by Ami to let go of old Sensei and, when old Sensei found out, Ami realized he needed to be eliminated in typical yandere fashion.

There is no indication that Maya suspects another girl of causing something like that, but there is potential that she witnessed the fall itself. She was so shaken that, when she found out he wasn't the man she loved, she became a different person herself as a coping mechanism.

There is a chance we may yet see a return to this happier Maya in a future route, though I doubt it will last very long because of that dreaded genre this game follows. We may also see something in future 'happy' events that, when connected, shed light on the past and show us what really happened. Assuming we can interpret them correctly, that is.

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
Actually, there was also that one time that the game gives you the option to change users and the scene keeps looping until you change users so this basically establishes the fact that he is in a full-dive VR and was supposed to be an avatar for the actual player but I'm not too sure about the avatar part because of Maya. She almost immediately recognized that Sensei is not the Sensei(too quickly to the point it's suspicious) and did not give us enough reasons to why she believes him to not be him as well as the lack of reaction on her part from the completely unexpected and never before seen change almost as if she's seen it hundreds of times. This reminds me of the novel "gates of revelation" and the movie "Free guy"(though I've yet to watch it at the time of writing this) where the NPC(s) gained self-awareness. My guess is that Maya is the first or one of the first ones to gain self-awareness and has been living in a constant loop. Along with her, the MC is also constantly living in a loop. Now, based on his role this creates several possibilities. Now from here things can diverge based on a few assumptions.

Assumption 1) The MC is a player that got stuck and can't remember things very well due to the machinations of the bugs(self-aware NPCs, maybe she/they don't wanna follow the script anymore). The problem with this theory is that there are multiple users. Why are they there? maybe to get him out by helping the player finish the game since they can't forcefully eject him from the game.

Assumption 2) The MC is here to solve the bugs through the body of Sensei. You can guess why they would be motivated to mess with him as they might not want to get, well, solved. The problem with this is that, again, the other users. What are they trying to achieve by completing the routes? maybe they don't know exactly where those bugs are?

Assumption 3) The MC is an NPC that's gaining self-awareness. The problem with this one is that he has another, though incomplete, set of memories.

Assumption 4) The MC is being put through this simulation to extract certain information or for psychological treatment like the movie "Ghosts of war"

So, someone is definitely messing with him. I mostly suspect Maya because of the previously mentioned reasons as well as her constant dislike. Though the thing that tipped me off was the incident with the scarves. Seemed like she wanted them away from her and was hoping he would not find them. But he keeps finding them. Though based on her reaction to the scarves, I'd say we are playing the loop number 10 or less.

Also, considering how much of a troll the author seems to be, I consider the possibilities of Ami being the main girl as a red herring.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Dorm 10 is actually coming out on 4/1. They won the last poll. Here is the outline for it.

Total Events: 0/24 Complete
Main Events: 0/6 Complete
Kirin Events: 0/7 Complete
Noriko Events: 0/7 Complete
Karin Events: 0/2 Complete
Mystery Side Character Events: 0/2 Complete
Dorm Room 10: 0/1 Complete
Character Profiles: 0/3 Complete
Programming: 0/24 Complete
Proofreading/Editing: 0/24 Complete
Kirin as main girl incoming. My pants heart penis body soul everything is not ready.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Also, since everyone is throwing around personal theories, my take is that OG Sensei got involved with Maya, his niece's best friend, which set off his yandere niece's yandere-ness, which resulted in Ami murdering Maya in the basement of the school, which caused OG Sensei to yeet himself off the roof, which is where the game starts. It would seem some entity, perhaps out of pity, perhaps as a punishment, perhaps out of boredom, stuck everyone in this never-ending purgatory school year for reasons TBD.

As to what New-and-Improved(?) Sensei is, there's too much conflicting information right now to make an informed judgement from isekai-style hints to a lot of mentions of trees and wires. I would like to note, however, that his eyes are and have always have been identical to Makoto's when she peered too far beyond the veil. I feel there's an important implication there.

Reactions: Solution_CC

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
TL;DR Player Sensei is orignial sensei, HOPE is Sensei & Maya's dead hopes, a Nozomu is you and everything is terrible.
I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but Nozomu is Sensei's dead brother, that's the name on his gravestone anyway.

I have a few theories rattling around, one of the more interesting, but probably not super likely ones is that Maya is actually Sensei's child with Ami.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Also, since everyone is throwing around personal theories, my take is that OG Sensei got involved with Maya, his niece's best friend, which set off his yandere niece's yandere-ness, which resulted in Ami murdering Maya in the basement of the school, which caused OG Sensei to yeet himself off the roof, which is where the game starts. It would seem some entity, perhaps out of pity, perhaps as a punishment, perhaps out of boredom, stuck everyone in this never-ending purgatory school year for reasons TBD.

As to what New-and-Improved(?) Sensei is, there's too much conflicting information right now to make an informed judgement from isekai-style hints to a lot of mentions of trees and wires. I would like to note, however, that his eyes are and have always have been identical to Makoto's when she peered too far beyond the veil. I feel there's an important implication there.
I have many theories on different aspects and several on this one alone. My biggest take right now on this specifically is largely the same as yours, but the murder attempt was on old Sensei, not on Maya. It was less the 'eliminate the threat as a warning to others' approach and more the 'if I can't have him, no one can' approach that yanderes pull as a last resort because old Sensei found out about Ami trying to scare Maya off, making him a threat. The thing is that he survived with a sort of amnesia from the fall, a bonk to the head, especially one large enough to cause injury, has been known to induce amnesia. It's a miracle he survived at all, honestly. The fall was witnessed by Maya and, having come to the conclusion he would not survive, she became the way she is now to cope subconsciously. However, he beat the odds and survived, but his memories and personality did not. He is slowly regaining bits of his old self over time and that is what we see when he does show a softer side.

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but Nozomu is Sensei's dead brother, that's the name on his gravestone anyway.

I have a few theories rattling around, one of the more interesting, but probably not super likely ones is that Maya is actually Sensei's child with Ami.
They exist in the same time while looking around the same age and attending the same school in the same class, there would have to be some pretty odd temporal fuckery going on if Ami was Maya's mother.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes