Sam10

May 13, 2017
Hmm... Is your disk full? try running the game as administrator? I've never had that error or used windows 8, so don't really know how to fix it.

I've got Windows 10 pro... Odd that the Error states Windows 8

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Is there any resource or forum post that lists and translates all the hex text, Japanese text, screens with text that flash by too fast to read, etc.?

I found a great post in this thread that did this for the happy scenes, but there's still others I'm wondering about. (i.e. all the stuff that happened at the end of Futaba's event "A Tree Falls In The Forest")

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Oh, also, I don't have the heart to be a bad homie. Can anyone tell me exactly what happens if you are?

Do you not get a lot of the Rin events after that? I can't imagine her relationship would be the same with Sensei going forward. But maybe it is due to the logistics of game design?

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Happy birthday lessons in love!
This game has inspired me to one day create my own game. LIL has a story I'll never forget, perfect storytelling and truly unique characters. And even though it's triggered difficult moments for me, I've loved the experience each step of the way.
Well done Selebus for making a game we all love in this way

morty2301

Oct 9, 2018
so are some character scenes locked until I do other girls, like I haven't been interested in the sports girl, and have amis stats up super high but no new scene is happening

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
so are some character scenes locked until I do other girls, like I haven't been interested in the sports girl, and have amis stats up super high but no new scene is happening
I think you have to do them ALL to progress thourgh the story, at least it was the case for me, when I pursued only my favourite girls, and then 30 days of nothing new, I started building up affection with other girls and new events with my favourites emerged. So I think yes, but please correct me if I am wrong

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Oh, also, I don't have the heart to be a bad homie. Can anyone tell me exactly what happens if you are?

Do you not get a lot of the Rin events after that? I can't imagine her relationship would be the same with Sensei going forward. But maybe it is due to the logistics of game design?
I didn't get very far before deciding "yeah no" and restarting to be a Good Homie, but basically instead of Rin talking on your bed before going to talk to Chika about Chika thinking Rin likes Molly (which is a whole other can of worms), Rin instead talks to you about the fact that you and Chika are A Thing™ and then just kinda...gets sad. She's not happy about it because you broke your promise to her (like a Bad Homie) but she's seemingly not bad.

It also makes the crying scene afterwards that much harder to watch because she's crying to somebody she trusted but the only person she really can cry to.

Also Haruka gives you shit (justifiably) when you meet her later on.

There's really no benefits to being a Bad Homie, honestly, unless you're a masochist who wants to feel like a bad person.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Is there any resource or forum post that lists and translates all the hex text, Japanese text, screens with text that flash by too fast to read, etc.?

I found a great post in this thread that did this for the happy scenes, but there's still others I'm wondering about. (i.e. all the stuff that happened at the end of Futaba's event "A Tree Falls In The Forest")
I believe lists all of them, but didn't really check.

I also didn't make it far afterward, but for at least the next 3 or 4 Rin events she just kinda rails on you for being a piece of shit. You do miss at least one event from her also from being a bad homie.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I believe lists all of them, but didn't really check.

I also didn't make it far afterward, but for at least the next 3 or 4 Rin events she just kinda rails on you for being a piece of shit. You do miss at least one event from her also from being a bad homie.
There are also some scene changes in ones you do get, but I won't say exactly what for spoiler prevention reasons. That said, as Rin is best girl to me, those changes were more horrifying than any of the 'happy' events in the game.

Yes, there are requirements that involve unlocking other girls' scenes, which is why it is suggested to raise them all as equally as possible even if it isn't a girl you don't want to pursue. In fact, based on comments similar to your case, most of the time this issue crops up is due to a girl the player didn't want to go for, not that there's anything wrong with that beyond the getting stuck part, just an interesting observation. Side girls are also needed in some cases, so make sure those ones are leveled. Also, don't go too high on affection or you might end up locking yourself into a situation where you automatically trigger an event you don't want to trigger until another event passes because that can sometimes cause a bad outcome. There is only one such case right now and it does require you to go to a certain place, but it is not safe to say there will not be more later or that future ones won't just trigger on affection alone.

I think you have to do them ALL to progress thourgh the story, at least it was the case for me, when I pursued only my favourite girls, and then 30 days of nothing new, I started building up affection with other girls and new events with my favourites emerged. So I think yes, but please correct me if I am wrong
No, you're right, and there is one event that literally requires every event except ones that can be missed that transitions the game into the second chapter, where we are now.

Reactions: GottaRun

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
This walkthrough will show you exactly what you need to get certain events. I've found it extremely helpful. Look for what you need to do for the next main event on your Event Tracker list and you'll get unstuck.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/01/1009050_Lessons_in_Love_v01202.pdf

Reactions: alex2011 and Ankoku

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I love cheesing in any game sooooo~~~

Can anyone tell me how to get stuck as early as I can so I can grind all those stats and never worry about missing a single event?

I'm not telling this because I lost my save for the nth time, nope I never lost my save a single time...
I SAID I DIDN'T LOSE MY SAVE AGAI- *static*

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I love cheesing in any game sooooo~~~

Can anyone tell me how to get stuck as early as I can so I can grind all those stats and never worry about missing a single event?

I'm not telling this because I lost my save for the nth time, nope I never lost my save a single time...
I SAID I DIDN'T LOSE MY SAVE AGAI- *static*
I know that there's a TON you can do before triggering happy event 2 (The Letter "T"), which unlocks Rewrite. I don't think there's any missable scenes before that.

That's the event where you go to the dorms and then go straight home, so it's not easy to trigger accidentally either.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I know that there's a TON you can do before triggering happy event 2 (The Letter "T"), which unlocks Rewrite. I don't think there's any missable scenes before that.

That's the event where you go to the dorms and then go straight home, so it's not easy to trigger accidentally either.
Is there a specific place / character to trigger the event? I need to know so I can be uhh "prepared".

This time, I'll make a backup of my backup of my backup.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes