KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
So why is Yumi spying on Kaori and MC here? Does anyone have any idea?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
because she thinks sensei is leading chika on? would have been a so much better scene if she had her phone out and snapped a pic and tried to blackmail him imo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That doesn't make much sense though. Realistically why would male teachers were exception but male students weren't ?
Because Male teachers are older and have an essential job within the civilian workforce. Male students have no such essential job and are in much better physical condition as far as any age related issues.

If there is a lack of qualified teachers, an exception might have been granted. The fact that he's also a sole caretaker for one of the students would also likewise have been an extenuating factor.

But there are two other possibilities:
1) With all the references to falling in the memory sequences, it's generally assumed that he had a suicide attempt in the past. This could result in some kind of medical exemption that isn't being addressed because it's largely healed and not bothering MC, but is on his record.
2)
Indeed, mental illness can and does lead to disqualification from military service, the last thing they want is for a mentally ill soldier to snap and start shooting up the base they are stationed at.

Confirmed males we know are still in Kumon-Mi aside from MC:
Tuoka's father, who is obscenely wealthy
Ayane's father, who is also wealthy, but less obscenely so
Geoffrey, who is likely pretty old
Tsuneyo's father, who is literally on his deathbed.

Am I missing any?
That's about it, and as you can see on this list, all of them fit into the categories I listed. Geoffrey is too old to be considered for military service, Tsuneyo's father is too ill, and both Touka's and Ayane's fathers likely found a loophole related to their wealth.

You forgot John, who stay on Kaori's Apartment
That I would love to see. The enemy running in terror being chased by one solitary chicken. Noodles is one thing, but come on, this is John we're talking about, just an ordinary chicken.

You have right about Kirin. I think Makoto, Ami and Futaba should have 2-3 more scenes before sexual content (especially Makoto).
Nah, Ami wants him, Futaba wants him, and Makoto wants him. They all showed they were ready through the offering of non-penetrative sexual services or their first times. Once they get to that point, they are good to go. Miku has never offered anything herself and has only ever been coerced and Kirin just doesn't care as long as she gets off.

Just assume it's magic (same reason all the girls like Sensei).

Selebus just needs to start incorporating some Spanish into the text and he can call it Magical Realism.
Them liking Sensei isn't magic, it's instinct. Stick any female in an area with only one male and wait for their preservation and/or reproductive instinct to kick in. If you stick multiple males and multiple females in this area, things go on as normal, but the second a single male remains, or even just a limited group, even the most faithful wife will turn on her husband in order to fulfill her instinct assuming he isn't among the males in the area, just like Haruka. Humans do have control over certain instincts to an extent, but we are NOT immune to them. Given the right circumstances, even we will indulge them.

holy hell this new character is a weird one, she is one of the first characters i actually get creeped out by..
Oh yeah, Selebus did a real good job making this one...unique.

Haruka doesn't react when you ask her to call you Molly :(
Besides that I really love the nickname reactions. They are all so good.
Her first lust event was in the game well before Molly.

How is this game so good? Been binge playing this after work for a few days now.
Because Selebus does everything based around the story, not the sex. The latter is what most games here do.

I've been playing this game without sound for a while now and have not run into any problems.
Beware of "There Is Nothing" as sound is specifically required during that event and you WILL be stuck without it.

It's more likely that she just happened to see them, and is looking for evidence to prove to Chika who he really is.
Given his relationship with Chika, her relationship with Chika, and her relationship with him, this is the most likely scenario, just trying to get dirt or stay on alert for any potential heartbreak coming at Chika. I don't think she would take cheating very well and Yumi likely realizes this as well.

Yeah, I don't think she's developing feelings yet. He's walking around that part of town with a girl who isn't Chika, and even goes into her apartment. That's suspicious -- and I see Yumi trying to use that to drive a wedge between him and Chika.

I also see that backfiring and driving a wedge between Yumi and Chika instead, once Chika hears Sensei's side of the story.
She is, I suggest reviewing the Christmas event. She is following an archetype known as a tsundere, where the character hides their feelings with hostility or even violence. That said, she does still hold some hate toward him over the forced kiss, so that does give her a motive to try and force a wedge in his relationship with Chika. She could also be just looking out for Chika's well being by making sure he's not cheating.

because she thinks sensei is leading chika on? would have been a so much better scene if she had her phone out and snapped a pic and tried to blackmail him imo
At this point, I could see her being conflicted over pulling a stunt like that at best and I'm not sure she would actually do it. If this had happened earlier, as in before the chapter transition, yes, undoubtedly, she would have.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
FYI the newest update is .

The game is released to the public every two weeks, so it's not much of a wait :) Please don't steal from Selebus as that's pretty rude considering he releases his game free so often.
That's kind of a reason I think that Sel is going to stay away from F95. It has to be a hit to his mental when the last few updates have been leaked so quickly after release.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's kind of a reason I think that Sel is going to stay away from F95. It has to be a hit to his mental when the last few updates have been leaked so quickly after release.
He has admitted to it being bad for him to witness, as it would be for anyone to witness a theft in progress. There is some minor good coming from the speed of the leaks, though. It does show that the game is so popular that it is a priority target. In terms of popularity, that's a good thing. It's still a bad thing on the monetary side, though.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
So why is Yumi spying on Kaori and MC here? Does anyone have any idea?
The theory I've seen expressed the most is that she happened to hear them by chance and then was surprised that Sensei's biggest fear was losing his memories, something she suspects happened.
It's more likely that she just happened to see them, and is looking for evidence to prove to Chika who he really is.
Something to note, Yumi reacts the same way whether she does or doesn't know that Sensei and Chika are now actively dating.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I know it's easy for me to say, but I think he should focus more on the bright side. Look at , switch to "All", do an aproximation, and you'll get pretty much straight and relatively steep line. Now think what it means, it's the result of him doing what he likes and giving it out to everyone for free. Nobody has to pay him anything. And yet there are 1,5k people who do, because they want to (or are terribly impatient, but let's be optimistic and assume it's the former). It's great success by my standards, and something to be proud of. Could it be even better and does he deserve more? Possibly and yes. But it's not like current state is exactly depressing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know it's easy for me to say, but I think he should focus more on the bright side. Look at , switch to "All", do an aproximation, and you'll get pretty much straight and relatively steep line. Now think what it means, it's the result of him doing what he likes and giving it out to everyone for free. Nobody has to pay him anything. And yet there are 1,5k people who do, because they want to (or are terribly impatient, but let's be optimistic and assume it's the former). It's great success by my standards, and something to be proud of. Could it be even better and does he deserve more? Possibly and yes. But it's not like current state is exactly depressing.
The only real bright side is that the frequency of leaks indicates his game is popular enough to be a priority target, though I'm not even sure that counts as a bright side. Sure, it means his game is getting attention even outside the people willing and/or capable of paying for it, but it also serves as a source of diminished possible income. He could have had those people paying for it if there was no leak.

Sure, he makes 10k off of development, but that doesn't actually get very far once you take into account any expenses the money goes toward, the amount Patreon takes out of it, or any taxes taken out of it by the United States federal government or the state of Texas before he gets it as profit. I'm actually not even sure what the tax situation even is over in Texas, I only know my own area and the one I used to live in before this one.

He is being successful despite all of the above and, I agree, it should be something to be proud of. In fact, it makes me proud to be supporting him that he's so successful. I see no greater honor as an artist myself, a musician to be exact, other than military or first responder service, than assisting a fellow artist to fund their art, and make no mistake, writing is an art form, the art of the written word.

As for that last part, if you mean the game being pirated, AKA stolen, is not dpressing, you'd be wrong, though you would also be wrong if talking about the game since it does have its depressing moments among many others in this emotional roller coaster that serve to make it the great game it is. Yeah, witnessing an in progress theft of your things and being unable to do anything to stop it is indeed depressing.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Sure, he makes 10k off of development, but that doesn't actually get very far once you take into account any expenses the money goes toward, the amount Patreon takes out of it, or any taxes taken out of it by the United States federal government or the state of Texas before he gets it as profit. I'm actually not even sure what the tax situation even is over in Texas, I only know my own area and the one I used to live in before this one.
Texas has no state income tax, and I don't believe there are any other state taxes that would apply to Patreon.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Already made it past that one, don't you worry. I have 100% completion with the current version.
Nicely done, that one stumped many a player in the early days of that build, myself included for a few hours, I can only imagine how much harder it is without sound since one of the answers is sound only.

Texas has no state income tax, and I don't believe there are any other state taxes that would apply to Patreon.
Good to know, so Selebus just has to deal with federal taxes, that does mean he gets more of it than I initially thought he might, but it still doesn't mean he gets it all and he likely does not.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
As for that last part, if you mean the game being pirated, AKA stolen, is not dpressing, you'd be wrong, ...
I'm sure it is. But it's also almost inevitable that leaks will happen, so it's better to try to not worry about it too much, if possible. And since the 5k goal meant, in author's own words "You guys have already made my dreams come true by allowing me to work on the game full time", it should be a bit easier to get over it with current 10k (where it's possible to choose to see it only as annoyance) than it would be with e.g. 2k (where it's real problem, because it means needing also other sources of income). Yes, it's bad, unfair, hurtful, ... but it's not like there's any easy solution (*), so why let it get to you too much and torture yourself?

(*) I guess some kind of DRM could work, if it had to hold only for two weeks. But it's in no way fun, annoying for paying users, etc. So probably not worth trying to go that way.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
(*) I guess some kind of DRM could work, if it had to hold only for two weeks. But it's in no way fun, annoying for paying users, etc. So probably not worth trying to go that way.
Except that if you look at a few other games on here that had DRM in them, it ended up preventing the leaks for not even a whole extra day. Patreon login to be able to play? Cracked within a few hours at most.

Not to mention that if he ended up putting DRM in the game, a lot of people would stop supporting him. It's really not a worthwhile option.

There's sadly nothing he can really do to prevent the leaks entirely, other than finding who is doing it and removing him as a patron. But even that is not really long-term viable since they can create as many patreon accounts as they want. Sel taking a step back from f95 is quite possibly the best thing he can do for his mental health. It sucks to see a dev have to do it, but it's in his own best interest. At least for a little while.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm sure it is. But it's also almost inevitable that leaks will happen, so it's better to try to not worry about it too much, if possible. And since the 5k goal meant, in author's own words "You guys have already made my dreams come true by allowing me to work on the game full time", it should be a bit easier to get over it with current 10k (where it's possible to choose to see it only as annoyance) than it would be with e.g. 2k (where it's real problem, because it means needing also other sources of income). Yes, it's bad, unfair, hurtful, ... but it's not like there's any easy solution (*), so why let it get to you too much and torture yourself?

Inevitability does not prevent stress or worry, in fact, it is more likely to cause it if there is no way to stop an undesired outcome. Try as we might, we cannot help it if we get stressed out by that kind of thing and that stress can lead to negative health consequences, both mental and physical. There is no getting over having something stolen from you right before your very eyes with no way to resist, that's just not something you get over. You're right, there is no easy solution, which is why Selebus is choosing to try and look away instead of continuing to watch helplessly.

I'm going to put it out there right now before Selebus sees that DRM part, DRM is NOT an option I am willing to support as a patron. I have never had a good experience with DRM and it has only ever served to annoy the players who got the game rightfully, not prevent the players who stole it from playing. Case in point, School of Lust. Not only did the developer begin to focus almost exclusively on upgrading the DRM continuously to keep modders from restoring the incest he took out to comply with Patreon, almost completely ignoring actual content additions, but he began causing performance issues in the game for EVERY player in the process with every update.

Except that if you look at a few other games on here that had DRM in them, it ended up preventing the leaks for not even a whole extra day. Patreon login to be able to play? Cracked within a few hours at most.

Not to mention that if he ended up putting DRM in the game, a lot of people would stop supporting him. It's really not a worthwhile option.

There's sadly nothing he can really do to prevent the leaks entirely, other than finding who is doing it and removing him as a patron. But even that is not really long-term viable since they can create as many patreon accounts as they want. Sel taking a step back from f95 is quite possibly the best thing he can do for his mental health. It sucks to see a dev have to do it, but it's in his own best interest. At least for a little while.
Precisely, there are people on here willing and able to crack most, if not all, DRM that is available at the moment for the average developer. It would take military grade protection to stop them. With no other viable alternative, looking away and trying to ignore the theft is his best option and I'm glad he's taking it, though sad he won't be as active here because of that.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Them liking Sensei isn't magic, it's instinct.
Yeah, no, it's programed.
so it's better to try to not worry about it too much
Not how humans work. If that were the case, we would all be just happy to have what we currently have and be content.

Imagine going on pirate site and preach about how piracy is wrong.
It be preaching to the wrong crowd, but what's wrong with that?

Duckwater

Nov 28, 2020
Yasu is such an interesting character, she's like a cute girl version of the ranting evangelical hobos that I give cigarettes to outside the bus station. Fucking love her.

And I consider it divine fate that Touka joins the class a week after I discover my penchant for himederes from reading Majikoi

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Imagine going on pirate site and preach about how piracy is wrong.
The irony is, if games appear here within hours of being made available to patrons, there's less incentive to become a patron.
That translates into less revenue for the dev.
That translates to them potentially needing to get a day job.
That cuts into dev time, leading to longer delays between updates, lower quality updates, or both.
The end result is an abandoned game.

Leaks are going to happen, but they shouldn't happen so quickly that it disincentivizes patronage.

Reactions: akselx
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes