alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
K, new theory, sort of.
It's a simulation, but not for Sensei, he's just a vehicle for that weird God Yasu worships. This God is the only "real human", he's narrating (at least sometimes) and probably have some brain damage or whatnot. For many cycles, Sensei was nothing but an avatar for this God, but at some point, probably because he acted out complex behavioural patterns for numerous cycles, he started to gain some authomy. That causes constant disconnections from God, or maybe it's the opposite, whenever he disconnects, God takes over. Maybe at some point, he went completely on his own and that's were his thing with Maya originates from.
Also, there are signs of conflict between whatever God Maya aligns herself with (Nozomu, the calous one?), that resides in Shrine and the Wire Tree God, the one Yasu worships. Maybe both of them trying to take over Sensei.
It's possible, but I'm still firmly tied to my theory that all of this is because of mental issues and that everyone is very much a real person within the reality of the story.

Seems like a fussy player here.

Come on, this project's been doing great without much sound, and Selebus is just one guy runnin' the whole thing, rathers focus on developing content and got no time to invest more in sound fx.
I think you've got something wrong here. The complaint that you replied to is about the fact that sound is required, which some people don't like. In the event There Is Nothing, sound is used exclusively to give one of the answers to a puzzle contained in the event.

You obviously have no idea what i meant.

Perhaps if you had more carefully read what i said and what i was responding to.

Let me explain.

I wasn't complaining about the sound not being very good.

I was complaining about being forced to listen to the sound at all if i want to play the game.

The dev says you have to listen to the sound in order to play the game.

I play these game with the sound off.

Ergo, if i can't play the game without the sound, i can't play the game.

This is akin to the game where there's no text - the entire plot is advanced by emojis.

I don't play most games that have puzzles or minigames, and in that game, effectively, every interaction or bit of plot advancement is, effectively, a puzzle.

Stupid idea ... unplayable {at least for me} game.
It's actually a great idea that I think is not utilized enough, though that may change in future builds. When I say not enough, I mean the usage in There Is Nothing to give an answer to the puzzle. The engine has a perfectly good sound function, so why not use it.

Reactions: S - Boy and akselx

S - Boy

Sep 14, 2020
You obviously have no idea what i meant.

Perhaps if you had more carefully read what i said and what i was responding to.

Let me explain.

I wasn't complaining about the sound not being very good.

I was complaining about being forced to listen to the sound at all if i want to play the game.

The dev says you have to listen to the sound in order to play the game.

I play these game with the sound off.

Ergo, if i can't play the game without the sound, i can't play the game.

This is akin to the game where there's no text - the entire plot is advanced by emojis.

I don't play most games that have puzzles or minigames, and in that game, effectively, every interaction or bit of plot advancement is, effectively, a puzzle.

Stupid idea ... unplayable {at least for me} game.
Right, apologize for that. It's just I've seen other comments requesting more sound fx so I thought yours the same, my bad then.

Reactions: alex2011

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
VR and VN don't exactly go well together. If this were a game like Koikatsu, the game used for the graphics, maybe, but a VN doesn't make much sense as a VR game.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. Even if it's a still image, actually feeling like you're *inside* the clock room would enhance the experience of the game for me. Feeling like you could reach out and touch the girls would enhance their "realness".

Now, is VR even more impactful/useful in games where you can interact directly with other characters and the environment physically in the game? Absolutely. However, I don't think that functionality has to exist for it to enhance a game. Just feeling like I'm in the environment, seeing through Sensei's eyes, and being able to see the girls "life sized" and as 3 dimensional would have an impact for me.

I also understand that this is moot, because I doubt highly that Selebus has the time to make a VR version of the game. I was just considering how it would feel to be more "inside" the game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. Even if it's a still image, actually feeling like you're *inside* the clock room would enhance the experience of the game for me. Feeling like you could reach out and touch the girls would enhance their "realness".

Now, is VR even more impactful/useful in games where you can interact directly with other characters and the environment physically in the game? Absolutely. However, I don't think that functionality has to exist for it to enhance a game. Just feeling like I'm in the environment, seeing through Sensei's eyes, and being able to see the girls "life sized" and as 3 dimensional would have an impact for me.

I also understand that this is moot, because I doubt highly that Selebus has the time to make a VR version of the game. I was just considering how it would feel to be more "inside" the game.
Here's the thing, VNs use 2D images. Even if the studio program used for the images in game is 3D, the images from it are 2D. All you'd be doing is moving the screen closer to your eyes. You would NOT be getting the feeling you are in the clock room or seeing the girls in three dimensions, that would require an actual 3D environment.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's possible, but I'm still firmly tied to my theory that all of this is because of mental issues and that everyone is very much a real person within the reality of the story.
There's a non-zero chance that every character is trapped in the same simulation Matrix-style.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Dammit, I'd hoped somoene had made a video to the menu song featuring the characters.
I could help you with that, just give me a little time to skirt around any stupid copyrights by making an undeniably fair use qualified version of the song, because I DO NOT take chances with musical copyrights, and get Selebus's permission to use the characters. My own personal caveat is no official pictures, though, it would all be stuff I do by hand myself. It would give me something to put my musical abilities to work on since this whole virus issue really screwed with me in that department. I would need at least until next week since I need to get a mic fixed.

There's a non-zero chance that every character is trapped in the same simulation Matrix-style.
non-zero, but not very high. There's a reason I still held onto my own theories involving a simulated existence.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Here's the thing, VNs use 2D images. Even if the studio program used for the images in game is 3D, the images from it are 2D. All you'd be doing is moving the screen closer to your eyes. You would NOT be getting the feeling you are in the clock room or seeing the girls in three dimensions, that would require an actual 3D environment.
I'm not saying playing the existing game on a headset, I was talking about it being reworked for VR - which, again, I know isn't likely to happen, because of the amount of work involved, and the potential for Selebus to not have the necessary expertise, etc. I was simply imagining a wonderful scenario in which I could step into the world our wonderful Dev has created, instead of watching it from the outside.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Kewl. Sorry if i came across a bit cranky; i had just been dealing with trolls on HuffPost.
Ouch, that really sucks.

I'm not saying playing the existing game on a headset, I was talking about it being reworked for VR - which, again, I know isn't likely to happen, because of the amount of work involved, and the potential for Selebus to not have the necessary expertise, etc. I was simply imagining a wonderful scenario in which I could step into the world our wonderful Dev has created, instead of watching it from the outside.
The problem would be how to rework the art because it's all 2D with no good way to get the same art style into a 3D environment. Don't get me wrong, it IS doable, but there's no good way to do it since there isn't much in the way of an ability to rip Koikatsu assets in their 3D form for use outside of either the game or studio. Illusion, as usual, did an extremely good job making sure their assets could only really be used in full within their programs.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
I just wonder how long it will last considering it is YT, not PH.
It's only the very beginning of the game before anything NSFW happens. Unless it gets a bogus copyright strike, there shouldn't be any reason to take it down. Besides, you'd be amazed at some of the stuff on YT you can find if you know where to look:

This channel has stuff like this that's been up for over 6 years.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's only the very beginning of the game before anything NSFW happens. Unless it gets a bogus copyright strike, there shouldn't be any reason to take it down. Besides, you'd be amazed at some of the stuff on YT you can find if you know where to look:

This channel has stuff like this that's been up for over 6 years.
Oh I know of those, in fact, I cite those every time they pull a harmless video for that reason. My real point was how many episodes they'll be able to get before YT goes medieval on their channel, which it doesn't take much for YT to do these days.

Where can i get update patch for version 15.2 onward tho? Do I have to re-download the whole game?
Yes

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes