smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen someone say a VN has "ridiculously complicated gameplay" before.
Cause it's really not, you raise affection to a multiple of 5, you check a girl's dorm and hangout spot, and if nothing happens you move on to a different girl (wow that sound's bad out of context, but par for the course for Sensei I guess). It definitely doesn't take hours to figure out how to trigger the next thing.
You forgot other triggers/requirements. Like to call someone in the morning/afternoon/night, some of which can only be done at weekend, or not at weekend, but not at some days. Inviting someone over is another one. Then factor in dependencies. You may need to do some of the previous, so you try all of that, but you can't succeed, because it additionally requires certain level of affection. Or it depends on some other character's event, which you didn't reach yet, so you have no chance to move forward with selected character before you move forward with the other one first. But you have no idea if character "A" depends on character "B", or if "B" depends on "A". And then there are events that you can't reach directly at all, because they are only part of event chain starting with completely different character. And again, as usual, you don't know where's the starting point, you can roll a dice and hope for good luck.

It's a web of dependencies, you can spend months of in-game time and not move forward a bit. It's possible that it's just me. Maybe it's prerequisite for playing this game, to have some kind of feel for it, and just be able to sense the right steps. If that's the case, I clearly don't have that. :( Praise the ones responsible for guide and wiki!

diebold

Apr 27, 2021

I can't help but start getting some inspirational vibes as I reach the end of this game release (well, .16p2); I wonder if LiL's author might have played that or if he's too young to have know about it / experienced it.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017

I can't help but start getting some inspirational vibes as I reach the end of this game release (well, .16p2); I wonder if LiL's author might have played that or if he's too young to have know about it / experienced it.
I remember that game and i vaguely remember the terrible voice acting LOL

Reactions: diebold

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
life breaks us.
It really does and I think that might be what Selebus is trying to convey with Sara and it makes sense in the most emotionally painful way possible. She's not suffering in the same way as some of the others, se's suffering the stress induced by being the owner of a bar with a dwindling customer base. The thing they say about war is that it is good for business, but that's only true of business that directly impacts the war like weapons manufacturers. A little bar in a town with a population severely diminished by said war isn't going to benefit from that, it's going to hurt, badly.

In some ways, Sara's situation is one of the worst, and it's understandable why she's having trouble dealing. There are other people who are relatively well off, though. Maki's pretty okay, with just occasional worry about her daughter (yes, if she knew exactly how bad things are in Makoto's head this'd be different, but for the most part she doesn't) - and no parent ever had no worries about their child. The Karate teacher is doing pretty good now that the dojo isn't going to be bought. However, the fact that this is a Denpa game, from my understanding (I'm not an expert on Denpa), most people's lives in the game are going to be not great, and that's unavoidable because of the genre.
What's really bad is the timing that this is all happening in relation to real life. Look at where economies across the world are now, we're recovering, but we are still in a bad spot because of the stupid virus. A LOT of businesses in my area shut down permanently because they couldn't handle the lack of business and the resulting lack of income. The same is in the process of happening to Sara and her bar, it's the exact same with only a different cause, that being a war instead of a virus. To be honest, it really lets you get into the mindset of the very real people, the very real business owners going through this exact same thing and that amplifies the effect Sara has immensely.

As for your statement on the Denpa genre, that is correct for the most part, and it is only going to get worse, A LOT worse, before it ever gets better IF it does.

Selebus

Is there anyway we could get the sheet music for some of the piano background pieces? I suck at learning by ear but I really want to play some of them.
I could write it, but it would be months for each piece because I would be doing it the old fashioned way, by hand with printed staff paper and a pencil followed by turning it into an electronic copy in notation software. I learned how to play by ear in high school and have been doing it ever since on anything I don't have the actual sheet music for because sheet music gets expensive VERY quickly.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Does anyone know when the next part is coming out? I think Selebus said the exact date but i can't recall.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Or 7/1, if you use the Americanized date structure.

Just in case anyone else is half asleep and read that as "Jan 7" at first, like I just did.
Yeah i dont get behind the voodoo magic that is why Americans use a mm>dd<yyyy type when at least the logical implication would be dd<mm<yyyy. But i dont think that Selebus would go out of his way and release the next update next year :) But thats just funny cultural stuff.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah i dont get behind the voodoo magic that is why Americans use a mm>dd<yyyy type when at least the logical implication would be dd<mm<yyyy. But i dont think that Selebus would go out of his way and release the next update next year :) But thats just funny cultural stuff.
Gotta be contrary. It is just how we do things around here.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does anyone know when the next part is coming out? I think Selebus said the exact date but i can't recall.
7/1 because it is one of the larger, one time a month updates like the previous one that overhauled the event tracker.

Please don't give him any funny ideas. :p

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Honestly he should just go for the big updates, just release one per month instead of two and it'd great.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Honestly he should just go for the big updates, just release one per month instead of two and it'd great.
That's what he did before except the updates weren't this big. I believe it was a stretch goal that was reached that caused the current release schedule. Despite being a patron, I would not know if it was unless Selebus himself announced it because SubscribeStar doesn't have a stretch goal display or it at least isn't set up on his. I actually disagree with doing it once per month. Twice per month helps to satisfy the impatient people who start screaming abandoned if a game doesn't release in less than a month, at least on the smaller updates, anyway.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Our software uses YYYYMMDD, we use DDMMMYYYY (with letters for months), and we use Month (written out) DD YYYY when communicating with customers. Bleh.
All our software fortunately uses the same format, unfortunately, our incoming claims use whatever date format the customer wants to use and we have to translate. That created a huge number of errors. So our management thought "we'll reduce errors by using an automation tool," so now a computer looks at 2/3/21 and decided if it's Feb 3 or March 2.

In the early part of the month, when it could go either way, it causes more errors than the old way.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's what he did before except the updates weren't this big. I believe it was a stretch goal that was reached that caused the current release schedule. Despite being a patron, I would not know if it was unless Selebus himself announced it because SubscribeStar doesn't have a stretch goal display or it at least isn't set up on his. I actually disagree with doing it once per month. Twice per month helps to satisfy the impatient people who start screaming abandoned if a game doesn't release in less than a month, at least on the smaller updates, anyway.
I prefer the shorter updates. I start getting the shakes when he makes us wait a full month like this. *taps vein*

bluemonkey

Mar 16, 2018
Since the Android version is too big to work now, why not just use lower-res images for the Android port? Or user lower-res images for older scenes and use higher-res ones for the new content?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes