alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
THIS alone is why this game needs an ACTUAL walkthrough, not some screwed up guide that barely manages to actually provide useful information to further.

Because of the oh so complicated manner in which events, progress, and activities within the game are processed and supposedly made to happen; as much as I enjoyed this game, I must perforce stop playing it. once it becomes less complicated (if it ever does) I may be willing to give it another chance. Barring it becoming less complicated, the only other way I would even consider giving it another chance is if a true and thorough walkthrough is made and "published" for the game.

As I said, Good game except for its ridiculously complicated gameplay. Good luck on the game and I sincerely hope it succeeds in future.
No walkthrough used in my current run, no missed events. It is not actually needed, it helps, but it is entirely doable without one. That said, there are several resources already available both in the thread and in the game. That guide button isn't just for show.

It is NOT complicated at all, just follow three simple guidelines, do NOT focus on less than every girl in the game, do NOT do too much grinding on any one girl, and do NOT forget to read EVERYTHING in EVERY play through in case things are rewritten and important information is contained in the rewrite.

Honestly, I don't get why some people think this is so complicated. LiL is the second non-linear visual novel I've ever played, and I've been able to get all scenes without a walkthrough...

Anyone else feel that LiL isn't that complicating?
No, it really isn't, most issues come from people trying to get away with not doing girls they don't like on a route considered a general route that is not focused on any one girl or they try to skip text and miss something important like the answers to There Is Nothing.

I have played this from the beginning at least6 times, and on at least 4 of those times I attempted to use the Guide, Hints, event mod, etc, and STILL failed to complete all events, missed significant progress within the game, etc.

The guide, at least for me, is a joke that really tells nothing, the hints are so vague as to be useless, and the event tracker mod is nearly as useless. THAT is why I said this game needs a real and clear walkthrough (for peopl like me who do not have hours upon hours trying to figure out what triggers each and every event, girl's progress, and any other mysterious happenings within the game.This is not to say the game is a failure or not worth playing, but not everyone is able to figure out everything they need to do to advance the game.
I think the point of the vagueness is to avoid spoiling any actual story details, which is very easy to do in something like the guide or walkthrough if giving away the answers. The guide and walkthrough makers still want you to play the game while discovering as much of the story through the game itself as possible instead of spoiling it in the guide, after all. A clear walkthrough would threaten to spoil the whole thing.

I think mostly, as others have said, it's triggering specific events that I've found complicated at times. Mostly the happy events. And these can block progress with the main story, which led to me getting quite frustrated with it a few times. Now I just use the wiki while I play
It gets easier when you're caught up, because then it's pretty obvious which characters you have to focus on to progress the main story as you can follow the most recent changelog. But if you're far behind, it can feel all over the place in terms of where to go
As for the gameplay itself, it really isn't too difficult. I'm so glad it isn't filled with minigames or items for fetch quests etc. You can relax to the gameplay. It's just the event triggers that can be difficult
I'm not meaning to complain about the game though, just that's what I found personally
I mean the event triggers really end up being a non-issue if you follow these steps, do not grind too much on any girl, basically don't go more than two or three above necessary, and do not try to focus on any girl, make them as even as you can by alternating with every step. This means that every girl is at a point where they should be clear of any unlocking requirement.

I don't think I've ever seen someone say a VN has "ridiculously complicated gameplay" before.
Cause it's really not, you raise affection to a multiple of 5, you check a girl's dorm and hangout spot, and if nothing happens you move on to a different girl (wow that sound's bad out of context, but par for the course for Sensei I guess). It definitely doesn't take hours to figure out how to trigger the next thing.

Personally I've only really used the guide for two kinds of things: a couple HAPPY scenes, only two of which are actually missable, and figuring out how not to trigger the next big story section because I wanted to finish the character specific events first and it was too easy to accidentally trigger the story.

But hey, if that's all it takes for you to quit don't let me stop you.
Indeed, the exact opposite is true, it's too easy to trigger events. Then again, consequences are a thing in this game and adjusting would make it easier to avoid consequences while making the same choice that should lead to said consequences.

As for player Sensei, yep, that's exactly something he would do, which actually got a chuckle out of me with your comment, hence the laugh reaction.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Honestly, I don't get why some people think this is so complicated. LiL is the second non-linear visual novel I've ever played, and I've been able to get all scenes without a walkthrough...

Anyone else feel that LiL isn't that complicating?
Now that I'm caught up on content and only playing the new stuff as it comes out, no.

Back when I was playing all the content that had been made up to that point all at once?

Honestly, yes. That's when you start to run into events-out-of-order, or not-enough-lust-to-unlock problems, since you're powering through all the content.

Now that I'm caught up, right before downloading the next content wave, I know to do enough lust events to get everyone to the next multiple of 5 to avoid missing anything that might be in the new update. That wasn't an obvious thing to do during that initial pass.

And the only reason I didn't become a Bad Homie is because I'm not into blondes, so was only doing Chika content if I absolutely needed to advance, and I started playing after the Beach update, so I was able to get through the Beach event before pushing her story into Bad Homieland, which was entirely coincidental.

Reactions: crustlord12

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
it was rin wasnt it
Rin, Bluejay, Molly's later events, Chika's Chinami related events, even Yuki's events all had some sort of emotion tied to it. In away, it is touching to see that Yuki really does care about her daughter, enough that she wholeheartedly believes any attempt to reunite would be useless because her daughter wouldn't want to, Molly's affection for Rin is also both touching and sad because we know it likely will remain unrequited, Chika taking on the mom role singlehandedly with only Yumi to support her is just a sad state of affairs that I hope gets rectified at some point to some extent, and Bluejay, do I really need to go over that one? Being a Denpa game, I am most definitely not expecting Yumi and Yuki to get back together as if nothing ever happened, for Molly to get anything from Rin, for Chika and Chinami to get completely out of their situation, but improvement is not entirely out of the question.

Reactions: diebold

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Lessons in Love [v0.16.0 Part 2] APK -

• Love
Reactions: Nutri

somedude84

Mar 4, 2021
Loving the game, Selebus! Picked it up on Itch a while back, and I've been playing ever since. Thanks for sharing this with us

Sep 16, 2018
And you think that only if Selebus has no sister with cancer that would make your post not so much look like it's from a 12 year old?
You're on a sex game forum, but I'll make sure to refrain from using the term bang in the future to protect your delicate sensibilties

Reactions: akselx

Swift311

Feb 17, 2018
It does play with our emotions, especially certain events.
Most of the times its too straightforward and it's really hard to take it seriosly because I just see it as a bunch of words to make you feel bad for the bunch of pixels and it's so unrealistic that it's actually funny to see them suffer from being just an empty shell with cliche characteristics

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
You're on a sex game forum, but I'll make sure to refrain from using the term bang in the future to protect your delicate sensibilties
See, i might have been a little harsh on you with the age comparison, and im a little sorry for that.
And for all i care you can use every sex related term you want to.
I doubt any person with decent manners would normally be fond of the discord i hang around with my friends.

But i really do think that you just happened to form a really unfortunate combination of words (with the cancer thing), especially related to a person here.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Technically not a sex game forum, adult games, yes, but not necessarily sex games. This forum is more about piracy in general, it's just that the easier games to pirate are sex games because they typically come from a smaller developer that isn't protected by a piracy watchdog like the Entertainment Software Association in the US. Try to pirate a Bethesda game, very bold move I have to say, and you'll have the ESA on you within the hour with a message from your ISP to tell you to knock it off or risk internet termination and/or legal action, but try to pirate something like an Illusion game and, because Illusion fits both the smaller developer and foreign developer categories, you won't hear a peep.

Most of the times its too straightforward and it's really hard to take it seriosly because I just see it as a bunch of words to make you feel bad for the bunch of pixels and it's so unrealistic that it's actually funny to see them suffer from being just an empty shell with cliche characteristics
That's the way I see other games, but there are two games I cannot see that way because of their writing being so good that I just can't distance myself from the emotion like I used to, Lessons in Love and Harem Hotel as of 0.12.0 of that game as well.

Reactions: BlackDays

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
K, new theory, sort of.
It's a simulation, but not for Sensei, he's just a vehicle for that weird God Yasu worships. This God is the only "real human", he's narrating (at least sometimes) and probably have some brain damage or whatnot. For many cycles, Sensei was nothing but an avatar for this God, but at some point, probably because he acted out complex behavioural patterns for numerous cycles, he started to gain some authomy. That causes constant disconnections from God, or maybe it's the opposite, whenever he disconnects, God takes over. Maybe at some point, he went completely on his own and that's were his thing with Maya originates from.
Also, there are signs of conflict between whatever God Maya aligns herself with (Nozomu, the calous one?), that resides in Shrine and the Wire Tree God, the one Yasu worships. Maybe both of them trying to take over Sensei.

S - Boy

Sep 14, 2020
Don't know if i said this before, but:

Sound is both required for progression as well as extremely important to the game's design.

Best of British luck, mate - i'm about as likely to play this game as i am the one with just emojis, no text...

NOT AT ALL
Seems like a fussy player here.

Come on, this project's been doing great without much sound, and Selebus is just one guy runnin' the whole thing, rathers focus on developing content and got no time to invest more in sound fx.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Seems like a fussy player here.

Come on, this project's been doing great without much sound, and Selebus is just one guy runnin' the whole thing, rathers focus on developing content and got no time to invest more in sound fx.
You obviously have no idea what i meant.

Perhaps if you had more carefully read what i said and what i was responding to.

Let me explain.

I wasn't complaining about the sound not being very good.

I was complaining about being forced to listen to the sound at all if i want to play the game.

The dev says you have to listen to the sound in order to play the game.

I play these game with the sound off.

Ergo, if i can't play the game without the sound, i can't play the game.

This is akin to the game where there's no text - the entire plot is advanced by emojis.

I don't play most games that have puzzles or minigames, and in that game, effectively, every interaction or bit of plot advancement is, effectively, a puzzle.

Stupid idea ... unplayable {at least for me} game.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes