barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m really enjoying it. It’s really, really well written. The pace is good too. I like that most of the girls aren’t throwing themselves at you.
At some point in the future, the dev will rewrite some of the early scenes so that the ones that do throw themselves at you right away get a bit more development. This really is a well-done slow burn, and it's been making the payoff worth it so far.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I wonder what does kirin actually want from sensei. She seems to be indecisive.
Sensei should defuse ami before she explode imo, that haruka event with ami in the house is big red flag. But seeing as sensei indifferent attitude till thing went sour, im worried some bloodbath might legit happen.
His dick, all she has ever wanted is sex without something tying her down. That said, she seems to be starting into a slight internal conflict.

As for Ami, I'm not sure he's even aware of how unstable she really is. All he knows is she gets extremely jealous very easily and has feelings for him in a way she shouldn't.

I've been following the thread a while, and I'm pretty sure I remember Selebus himself saying he didn't care about the people playing the leaked versions, his beef was with the leaker(s), or I'd agree with you.

If you want to protest the leaks by holding off until the full public release, good on you. However, I doubt it will deter the person leaking, since they have no real way of knowing how many people are using the leaked version.

It would be nice, though, if the leaks stopped happening. Selebus is phenomenal at this, and deserves what patronage he can get. That's coming from someone who 'benefits' from leaks, since I'm not in a good place, financially, to donate.
That's not protesting the leaks, that's just doing the right thing. Choosing to wait for the official public release has nothing to do with the leaks, we just do it out of respect. The backing of Selebus's complaints about the leaks is what we do to protest the leaks if anything.

I haven't played the most recent update, yet, but, as to what Kirin wants, my take is as follows: Kirin wants attention, and affection. She's lived in the shadow of her older sister her whole life. She wants someone to show her that she'll be chosen over other girls, especially Karin. Like many, the desire for attention twists her and causes her to perform destructive behaviour - both self destructive and destructive to those around her - because it at least gets her part of what she wants. She's shown many times that she wants to give Sensei what she believes he wants most, cute girls who'll let him use them for his personal gratification as much as he'd like, to the point where she's willing to ruin (at least one of) the other girls to make them share with her, because she knows Sensei is into it. She's trying to show him she'll give him what he wants by any means necessary.

That's my take on the girl, anyway.
She has also mentioned specifically a high libido that she wants to satisfy, so she goes after people who she thinks will pair up without commitments after the deed. Or so she says, but that may just be a front.

You want to play......you want to play

Random: At this stage Im thinking that Maya is actually madly in love with Sens. Might even be his own daughter. She has secured his safety and his continuation because of that love, and does so knowing she will have to share him because if they come together the world is lost. So instead of pining and mourning she is holding it all in, acting angry, but the veil is slipping- the control is waning.

I mean how many "years" could someone save someone they love, watch that someone love every one else; before going mad themselves?
Of that I have no doubt, the daughter thing is a stetch, but the love part I could see since there is evidence to support it in the game already. The rest is also pushing it a bit, but again on that last line, I could see that happening.

How do you know Selebus pirated Koikatsu instead of buying it? Do you have any proof? Or are you just using that as a pathetic excuse to justify your immoral deeds?

And remember, just because you use Word to write a story doesn't mean you're pirating Microsoft. Just because you create digital art in Photoshop doesn't mean you're pirating Adobe. And just because you make custom characters + custom plot in Koikatsu doesn't mean you're pirating them.

Please, get a grasp on reality. :)
Exactly, it IS available to him through legal means. I'll bet that point was entirely based on this being a pirate forum. The defense of that is simple, not everyone on this forum is a pirate since not all content here is pirated.

Expecting selebus to insert more 4th wall breaking about pirating :p
That would be freaking hilarious, I've noticed some conversations here getting into the dialogue even if it is entirely by coincidence.

almost completely agree with this but calling playing a game early "immoral" is a bit self-righteous imo
It's not just playing it early. If they would wait literally two weeks, he would upload it himself for free assuming he even has the will to continue showing his face around here at that point because the piracy discouraged him. The links also become publicly available for free on his sites at that point as well.

You're in for one hell of a ride :) Doing my 2nd playthrough and picking up alot of stuff i missed the first run.

10/10 will play again (and again, and likely again).
And again until the end of time, this is one I don't mind replaying even if I cannot forget it for a truly fresh start.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
As for Ami, I'm not sure he's even aware of how unstable she really is. All he knows is she gets extremely jealous very easily and has feelings for him in a way she shouldn't.
we already know whats going to happen, it's been alluded to. Ami's tendency for arson, haruka admiting the only thing left in the world she cares about is her Cafe... clearly Ami is going to sneak into the cafe at night and dump quick dry cement down the drains and then flood the cafe

Reactions: akselx

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
we already know whats going to happen, it's been alluded to. Ami's tendency for arson, haruka admiting the only thing left in the world she cares about is her Cafe... clearly Ami is going to sneak into the cafe at night and dump quick dry cement down the drains and then flood the cafe
It could, or we'll find someone taking a permanent nap in an alley with a knife wound. All I can say for sure, Ami is going to do something crazy if she isn't stopped.

Reactions: KnowNoHope

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
It could, or we'll find someone taking a permanent nap in an alley with a knife wound. All I can say for sure, Ami is going to do something crazy if she isn't stopped.
and we all know who to blame for a knife in the back now... clearly noriko

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Just wait until I reach my final form and start putting procedurally generated answers into the game so people can’t share how to get through events anymore.
I can't wait for you to have enough skills to screw with the games base code enough to pull that off with out causing the game to be ruined like so many others that use Koikatsu. unless I horribly misunderstood how this coding thing works because that sounds hard as fuck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Just wait until I reach my final form and start putting procedurally generated answers into the game so people can’t share how to get through events anymore.
Then people will just start sharing saves after that event, never underestimate how far some people will go in order to not play the games that they "play".
Like the people that just want to rush through a MMO as fast as they can to get to endgame, and then quit when they get there cause there's "no content".

Reactions: alex2011

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Then people will just start sharing saves after that event, never underestimate how far some people will go in order to not play the games that they "play".
Like the people that just want to rush through a MMO as fast as they can to get to endgame, and then quit when they get there cause there's "no content".
or people who play dark souls and do the same... literally played through the entire first game and had no clue what it was about till someone told me you have to "find" the story through subtext

Reactions: alex2011 and akselx

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
It's not just playing it early. If they would wait literally two weeks, he would upload it himself for free assuming he even has the will to continue showing his face around here at that point because the piracy discouraged him. The links also become publicly available for free on his sites at that point as well.
What do you mean? That is literally playing it early.

It will be released in the future, therefore playing it before you are able to obtain it for free is playing it early.

• Angry
Reactions: Ken2111
Jan 15, 2021
I've been comparing koitatsu games recently and it seems like this game is the most successful one in terms of monthly patreon money. I don't really get why though? I tried it, saw a few of those scary scenes, got bored and deleted it without ever looking back. How does this earn more money than say Corrupted Kingdoms for example? Or Champion of Realms?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Selebus I now want the next halloween event to be murder mansion mystery at Tubasa's, someone unimportant dies... like Joffery... or just some random dude named Matthew. The phones are out and sensei has to deduce and seduce the correct sus out of hiding

Last edited:

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I've been comparing koitatsu games recently and it seems like this game is the most successful one in terms of monthly patreon money. I don't really get why though? I tried it, saw a few of those scary scenes, got bored and deleted it without ever looking back. How does this earn more money than say Corrupted Kingdoms for example? Or Champion of Realms?

Because it's the best VN out there, and has the added bonus of a developer who puts out fantastic content on a regular schedule. Sounds like it may not be for you, though.

• Red Heart
Jan 15, 2021
Because it's the best VN out there, and has the added bonus of a developer who puts out fantastic content on a regular schedule. Sounds like it may not be for you, though.
"the best VN out there." Those are some big words. I dunno about that fantastic content to be honest. The games I mentioned look better, have better sex scenes and also feature a decent story. I do liked the horror bits, with those "smile" scenes, but they're also not really that high quality.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
"the best VN out there." Those are some big words. I dunno about that fantastic content to be honest. The games I mentioned look better, have better sex scenes and also feature a decent story. I do liked the horror bits, with those "smile" scenes, but they're also not really that high quality.
Like I said, it's clearly not for you.

• Red Heart

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
corrupted kingdom stole many of its assets from other peoples works which soured some fans into not paying for it at all. Champion of realms... its level of writing....well... it's fucking bad, like naruto bad, it's chunibyo, except its like it isn't even aware its chunibyo.

Jan 15, 2021
Selebus I now want the next halloween event to be murder mansion mystery at Tubasa's, someone unimportant dies... like Joffery... or just some random dude named Matthew. The phones are out and sensei has to deduce and seduce the correct sus out of hiding

corrupted kingdom stole many of its assets from other peoples works which soured some fans into not paying for it all. Champion of realms... its level of writing....well... it's fucking bad, like naruto bad, it's chunibyo, except its like it isn't even aware its chunibyo.
"Stole many assets." How? None of the assets are original, they're all from koitatsu.
As for Champion of Realms rather plays typical Shounen Anime tropes but I like how it combines several stereotypical Anime tropes and makes sense out of them.
Well and how is this game any better in terms of writing in your opinion? I'm just seeing ddlc with other characters.

Jan 15, 2021
Like I said, it's clearly not for you.
Well then try to sell me on it, what are its strengths? I'm genuinely curious and don't get at all how this is the most successful koitatsu game right now. Is it the mix with horror? Or are the characters interesting? Although personally I didn't notice that to be honest.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Well then try to sell me on it, what are its strengths? I'm genuinely curious and don't get at all how this is the most successful koitatsu game right now. Is it the mix with horror? Or are the characters interesting? Although personally I didn't notice that to be honest.
None the game sucks don’t play it

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes