Jan 15, 2021
None the game sucks don’t play it
I wouldn't go that far and I mean I'm just one guy who didn't like it. I was just curious and thought maybe your fans could tell me what they like so much about your game. My comments are not meant to be taken as me trying to prove its not good. I just have a different opinion and would like to hear other opinions on it. I'm clearly in the minority here anyway right?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
"Stole many assets." How? None of the assets are original, they're all from koitatsu.
As for Champion of Realms rather plays typical Shounen Anime tropes but I like how it combines several stereotypical Anime tropes and makes sense out of them.
Well and how is this game any better in terms of writing in your opinion? I'm just seeing ddlc with other characters.
you can literally go through the thread of corrupted kingdom and find like 20 pages text of when the the creator had to change the character designs because he got legal papers served from when he stole them. he had a massive loss in revenue from when that happened. (you will find me there pissed at how the tree trunk thighs are gone... I dont mean thighs the size of tree trunks, I MEAN THIGHS THAT ARE MADE OF TREES.)

and champion of realms is stereotypical shounen with no exposition story build up and straight "oooooh fight for no reason, now look at tits you didnt have to really earn but get to fondle" from the start. I mean it might not be fair to the game that my impression is the first 30-45 mins of gameplay... but really

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
corrupted kingdom stole many of its assets from other peoples works which soured some fans into not paying for it at all.
Although Arc did replace every asset he stole (with low-quality, shitty-looking characters) which chased away even more fans :cry:

"Stole many assets." How? None of the assets are original, they're all from koitatsu.
Why don't people understand? If you write a story using Word, that's original. If you create digital art using Photoshop, that's original. If you create a game using Koikatsu, that's original. And if Person A makes original content, and then Person B uses that content without consent from Person A, that's theft of assets. Just like how if you wrote a story on Word and I used it without your permission, then that's also theft of assets.

I wouldn't go that far and I mean I'm just one guy who didn't like it. I was just curious and thought maybe your fans could tell me what they like so much about your game. My comments are not meant to be taken as me trying to prove its not good. I just have a different opinion and would like to hear other opinions on it. I'm clearly in the minority here anyway right?
Selebus just likes to be a tad sarcastic :devilish:

Also, this game is a visual novel – basically a novel with images and sex scenes to compliment. So the focus is the novel, the other stuff is just a tasty side snack. That's how visual novels function, and some people just don't like it, just like some people don't like to read books. There's nothing wrong with that :whistle:, it just probably ain't for you. Or maybe you might like this game if you change your mental and approach it like a book, I don't know.

If you want to play a more classic Renpy game with emphasis on game mechanics and action and whatnot, I recommend Komisari's Hero Harem Guild. Though updates take a while, but that game's top-tier in game mechanics and sex scene (there's a a fair amount of them).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Well then try to sell me on it, what are its strengths? I'm genuinely curious and don't get at all how this is the most successful koitatsu game right now. Is it the mix with horror? Or are the characters interesting? Although personally I didn't notice that to be honest.
I'm sorry - why would I do that? I don't know you and I really don't care if you like the game or not. You asked a question and I answered it, but I definitely have no interest in spending time trying to persuade you. Taste is taste - if you don't like it, that's fine.

I'm not trying to be harsh here. I see this on Board Game Geek too - threads people start saying "Convince me why X is a good game. " I'm not the publisher of the game, so it's not really something worth my time.

Selebus is the only one with a vested interest in convincing someone to like the game and even he isn't interested in doing that.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
probably an additional reason for selebus's success though is he reached out to other game makers like hero's harem guild (still better than both the games you mentioned even if the last time I heard anything about it was over half a year ago) and advertised between discord and patreon groups

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
probably an additional reason for selebus's success though is he reached out to other game makers like hero's harem guild (still better than both the games you mentioned even if the last time I heard anything about it was over half a year ago) and advertised between discord and patreon groups
HHG actually reached out to me and I am so incredibly thankful for that.

Jan 15, 2021
you can literally go through the thread of corrupted kingdom and find like 20 pages text of when the the creator had to change the character designs because he got legal papers served from when he stole them. he had a massive loss in revenue from when that happened. (you will find me there pissed at how the tree trunk thighs are gone... I dont mean thighs the size of tree trunks, I MEAN THIGHS THAT ARE MADE OF TREES.)

and champion of realms is stereotypical shounen with no exposition story build up and straight "oooooh fight for no reason, now look at tits you didnt have to really earn but get to fondle" from the start. I mean it might not be fair to the game that my impression is the first 30-45 mins of gameplay... but really
Heh and who sued him and how? Only way this could've happened is if Illusion had a problem with him using koitatsu for his game. You cannot sue anybody for characters made in koitatsu, that is impossible. Unless maybe we talk big licenses but then he would've to sell the game and not merely take donations.
As for Champion of Realms that is not true. The MC barely fights, its rather the women who fight and he gets involved with them. The beginning is mostly teasing and figuring out portals. Well and there is a big exposition in the beginning about how the current world was created and all those different alternative plains of existence were made.
The MC gets more or less slowly isekaid and eventually surrounded by all the girls.

Jan 15, 2021
Ah so its not the game essentially, its more about connections, discord and patreon groups he knew beforehand. So essentially good marketing?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Heh and who sued him and how? Only way this could've happened is if Illusion had a problem with him using koitatsu for his game. You cannot sue anybody for characters made in koitatsu, that is impossible. Unless maybe we talk big licenses but then he would've to sell the game and not merely take donations.
As for Champion of Realms that is not true. The MC barely fights, its rather the women who fight and he gets involved with them. The beginning is mostly teasing and figuring out portals. Well and there is a big exposition in the beginning about how the current world was created and all those different alternative plains of existence were made.
The MC gets more or less slowly isekaid and eventually surrounded by all the girls.
if you 3d render a unique design in a 3d printers software the design doesn't belong to the 3d printer company.
there is legal basis for this. all you need is a lawyer to file the paperwork and you still have to spend the money on a lawyer yourself and other fees.
as for champions, chunibyo. I literally have nothing else to say about that game.

Ah so its not the game essentially, its more about connections, discord and patreon groups he knew beforehand. So essentially good marketing?
not really as selebus is bigger than all the people he made connections with at this point by a huge margin, but i'd say that helped spread it
HHG actually reached out to me and I am so incredibly thankful for that.
neat, didn't realize it was the other way around

Last edited:
Reactions: akselx

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Just wanna throw it out there that I quit a job in law to work on this game and that Illusion does not technically own any property made using their assets. Because not only is there zero precedent of them trying to protect their trademark in over ten years of distributing materials, but custom characters can use personally created assets that are not made by Illusion through the overlay system. There’s also the added element of the “characters” not being limited to simply their visual designs. And with over ten years of abandonment of their assets under their belt without any attempt to protect them, any third party product made using such materials would be incredibly hard to protect.

TLDR: Illusion doesn’t care what you do with their product as long as you buy it.

PS: I’m drunk right now wassup

Jan 15, 2021
Although Arc did replace every asset he stole (with low-quality, shitty-looking characters) which chased away even more fans :cry:
I can't find anything on that topic. But the Thread for that game is also huge.
Why don't people understand? If you write a story using Word, that's original. If you create digital art using Photoshop, that's original. If you create a game using Koikatsu, that's original. And if Person A makes original content, and then Person B uses that content without consent from Person A, that's theft of assets. Just like how if you wrote a story on Word and I used it without your permission, then that's also theft of assets.
All of that falls flat, when you use another game to make your game. You're essentially stealing everything from that game to make your own. Microsoft sells Word as a tool for people to easily write documents. The intention is that you use it to create something out of it.
So does Renpy offer its software, to make visual novels with.
The maps and characters in koitatsu however are meant to be played within the game. Everything you create within koitatsu is still owned by Illusion, you have no legal rights on the maps or the character cards you create. If you would try to go and sue somebody for using your character card, you would need to get in touch with Illusion since its technically theirs, not yours.
You're essentially also encouraged by Illusion to share those character cards, since you don't own them anyway and somebody else might like it.
Also, this game is a visual novel – basically a novel with images and sex scenes to compliment. So the focus is the novel, the other stuff is just a tasty side snack. That's how visual novels function, and some people just don't like it, just like some people don't like to read books. There's nothing wrong with that :whistle:, it just probably ain't for you. Or maybe you might like this game if you change your mental and approach it like a book, I don't know.
I'm fine I think. Was just wondering, thank you for your comment.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Just wanna throw it out there that I quit a job in law to work on this game and that Illusion does not technically own any property made using their assets. Because not only is there zero precedent of them trying to protect their trademark in over ten years of distributing materials, but custom characters can use personally created assets that are not made by Illusion through the overlay system. There’s also the added element of the “characters” not being limited to simply their visual designs. And with over ten years of abandonment of their assets under their belt without any attempt to protect them, any third party product made using such materials would be incredibly hard to protect.

TLDR: Illusion doesn’t care what you do with their product as long as you buy it.

thank you, I know practically nothing about law, when I read the explanation for why they were getting sued over using someone elses character design that was the best analogy I got over it. I'm drinking now too. rum, peach soda, grenadine, and lime juice

Jan 15, 2021

They don't care, because your game essentially falls under a "parody" and you're not selling a product. You take donations for your "work" which can be understand in fairly broad terms.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
thank you, I know practically nothing about law, when I read the explanation for why they were getting sued over using someone elses character design that was the best analogy I got over it. I'm drinking now too. rum, peach soda, grenadine, and lime juice
Yeah I obviously don’t know the whole situation because I’ve never played CK, but any legal action that was taken against Ark would have been from the creators of the assets he pulled from. It would not have come from Illusion. I can’t stress enough that Illusion does not own everything made using their products.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
If a company shows zero interest in protecting their assets over years worth of time, they’re abandoning their product. It’s similar to why Thermos lost copyright over their product the “Thermos” because they never bothered going after anyone who used the word to describe their own personal product. In order for Illusion to protect the assets you think they own for some reason, they would have needed to not go 10+ years without taking any action against people using them

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah I obviously don’t know the whole situation because I’ve never played CK, but any legal action that was taken against Ark would have been from the creators of the assets he pulled from. It would not have come from Illusion. I can’t stress enough that Illusion does not own everything made using their products.
Yes they do. Its their game, its their character creator. Every polygon on those characters, was handmade by a person working in Illusion. Its their creation by definition.
That is also why I doubt some random guys sued him and that they actually had any rights on those characters. I mean you can sue anyone for everything but it would've never worked out. The second he would mention all those characters were made in the koitatsu character creator, the case would be dropped immediately.
Maybe Arc just got cold feet? Or he didn't want to go to court over Hentai? Who knows?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes