KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah I obviously don’t know the whole situation because I’ve never played CK, but any legal action that was taken against Ark would have been from the creators of the assets he pulled from. It would not have come from Illusion. I can’t stress enough that Illusion does not own everything made using their products.
yeah he made it really clear it was the people who designed the character used not the company that made the game. He lifted the designs from several guys personal collections of characters without asking and put them in the game. I thought I was being clear on that and I'm sorry if I wasn't.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Yes they do. Its their game, its their character creator. Every polygon on those characters, was handmade by a person working in Illusion. Its their creation by definition.
That is also why I doubt some random guys sued him and that they actually had any rights on those characters. I mean you can sue anyone for everything but it would've never worked out. The second he would mention all those characters were made in the koitatsu character creator, the case would be dropped immediately.
Maybe Arc just got cold feet? Or he didn't want to go to court over Hentai? Who knows?
Do you have a background in law? Because I do and I’m literally explaining to you why it doesn’t work that way, lmao

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
They don't care, because your game essentially falls under a "parody" and you're not selling a product. You take donations for your "work" which can be understand in fairly broad terms.
I'm going to be blunt, you sound like you have very little idea what you're talking about on legal matters, and you're trying to argue with a dev that has both first hand experience with the subject and apparently a legal background... you're not winning this.

Jan 15, 2021
If a company shows zero interest in protecting their assets over years worth of time, they’re abandoning their product. It’s similar to why Thermos lost copyright over their product the “Thermos” because they never bothered going after anyone who used the word to describe their own personal product. In order for Illusion to protect the assets you think they own for some reason, they would have needed to not go 10+ years without taking any action against people using them
That is simply a childish outlook on things. You think if you put a legit price tag on your game and put it on steam, Illusion will just ignore that? Well and I'd argue they do protect their assets, you're not some kind of rivaling company that tries to sell those assets or profit from using those assets in a copyright protected game.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
That is simply a childish outlook on things. You think if you put a legit price tag on your game and put it on steam, Illusion will just ignore that? Well and I'd argue they do protect their assets, you're not some kind of rivaling company that tries to sell those assets or profit from using those assets in a copyright protected game.
Bruh

Reactions: Lolicon Kami
Jan 15, 2021
It's convo's like this that make me like f95 just a little more than discord. laughs in acrylic
Yes, it was an interesting conversation and I also enjoyed it. I hope nobody takes offense however and I'd be sorry if anyone did, I only mean to voice my opinion and hear other opinions on that matter.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
The maps and characters in koitatsu however are meant to be played within the game.
Any proof that this is the case? Are there any official statements/lawsuits/interviews/etc from Illusion?

Anyway how does everyone feel about lesbians
We need a Rin/Otoha/Kaori threesome :love:.

Also, I didn't now you gave up a future in law to work on this game. That's a big commitment :oops:

Reactions: Dringar and Laeglis
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes