pawel101

Nov 16, 2018
I'm just going to ignore all the talk about piracy, because we've discussed this multiple times already and I prefer to talk about the game itself on its forum.

I highly doubt she's going to get more years.
Even if there were treatment, it would probably be expensive, far out of Yumi's and Chika's reach. Their only hope would be the Tsuiokas. Maybe fellow 5000 year old wizards will get along and everything will be fine. They will run Chinami Corp. together and ride off into the sunset on giraffes.

As for getting erased:
Well, Chinami dying would certainly be a easy way to drive Chika and Yumi over the edge (or over the place where the sidewalk ends, ha ha, reference). That said it would be likely for her to be like Makoto and just reset to a slightly altered previous state.
Unless main characters and side characters differ in more than just game mechanic/focus.
Luckily the world is stuck on repeat so Chinami is imortal. I'll shank anyone that disagrees

Sep 27, 2020
Played an earlier version of this and was wondering if my old save games will still be compatible. Just checked, and my last save is from June 2020, so a little over 1 year old.

Still compatible?

Reactions: Lolicon Kami
Jul 11, 2019
Chinami surviving longer is the next patreon stretch goal
Time is relative.
"Longer" could mean years, could also mean a few hours.

Luckily the world is stuck on repeat so Chinami is imortal. I'll shank anyone that disagrees
I disagree.
(My belief is that the memories are the main part of someone as a person, so if Chinami resets like Makoto, then she's not really her anymore.)
So have fun flying to Germany, I'll wait for you.
(If you do end up stabbing me, please do so in a non lethal way, so I can survive and continue playing LiL.)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm just going to ignore all the talk about piracy, because we've discussed this multiple times already and I prefer to talk about the game itself on its forum.

I highly doubt she's going to get more years.
Even if there were treatment, it would probably be expensive, far out of Yumi's and Chika's reach. Their only hope would be the Tsuiokas. Maybe fellow 5000 year old wizards will get along and everything will be fine. They will run Chinami Corp. together and ride off into the sunset on giraffes.

As for getting erased:
Well, Chinami dying would certainly be a easy way to drive Chika and Yumi over the edge (or over the place where the sidewalk ends, ha ha, reference). That said it would be likely for her to be like Makoto and just reset to a slightly altered previous state.
Unless main characters and side characters differ in more than just game mechanic/focus.
As do I.

The thing is, we don't know exactly what she has, so we don't have any way of knowing how much time she has. This opens up quite a few possibilities not only on her line of events, but Chika's, Yumi's, and even Rin's given that they are friends. It could be something like they find something to help or even cure her, although I doubt this very much on the genre of the game alone not to mention we do know what type of issue Chinami has, a type which are rarely curable, leaving the afflicted to AT LEAST be quarantined for life. In real life, the Vtuber Ironmouse is one such person and is under this restriction, which is where I got that info. It could also, and will more likely, be something tragic. She could be one of the first deaths in the game if they do occur and it could become something tragic spanning several lines of character events, especially the ones I listed.

As for treatment, issues like hers typically are very expensive, that's why quarantine for life is one of the few options other than just letting themselves fall victim to the effects. Even someone with a simple cold is life threatening to people like Chinami or, in real life, Ironmouse. Issues like this often involve expensive drugs or even more expensive and highly dangerous experimental treatments that could kill them outright. This would most definitely sink Chika into an immense debt she would likely never pay off, Chinami would likely still not be safe from her issue, and the source of that debt likely wouldn't be from some reputable source given the amount she would have to borrow, but someone extremely shady like a loan shark, who might even make her do some very bad things as punishment for inevitably missing payments, the kind that the side content of the game is all about. Even with Yumi's help in trying to discourage such things, she may be forced into it.

Chinami dying could very easily be the final push Chika and Yumi need to break, you're right. I really don't want to see them snap, but it is likely inevitable.

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
Anyone could let me know if the Koikatsu girl cards are available for public use? Just for "fun"!
They aren't available publicly. As I understand they were originally given away as part of a high tier Patreon reward, but Selebus later removed this as he wanted more ownership of the characters and didn't want them used in other people's games.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone could let me know if the Koikatsu girl cards are available for public use? Just for "fun"!
They aren't available publicly. As I understand they were originally given away as part of a high tier Patreon reward, but Selebus later removed this as he wanted more ownership of the characters and didn't want them used in other people's games.
They WERE available at the $10 patron tier, but no, not now.

Reactions: Radchaai

YakHat

Jul 30, 2018
In regard of Chinami.

All those thoughts about potential medical bills/debts sounds more like an American setting. Isn't the game set in a fictional Japan?
I am not an expert on anything Japan, but aren't people over there covered by the Japanese health care system for all necessary treatments?
That would make any potential cost factor non existent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antosha

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
In regard of Chinami.

All those thoughts about potential medical bills/debts sounds more like an American setting. Isn't the game set in a fictional Japan?
I am not an expert on anything Japan, but aren't people over there covered by the Japanese health care system for all necessary treatments?
Not being an expert on Japanese medical costs and or treatments, I can't really answer that. However, I can definitely say it's something I've seen be a thing in Anime, I've watched: People wracking up debt to pay for treatments for family members and such.

So, whether it's accurate to actual Japan or not, may not matter, if it's being based more off of Anime tropes and the like.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
In regard of Chinami.

Even in Japan, there would be issues with expenses. It doesn't matter where you go when dealing with something like the type of issue she has. A government system does have its limits, all systems do.

Sep 16, 2018
There are a lot of additional related costs that rack up even when you aren't on the line for hospital bills. Travel/lodging costs, outfitting your home, any specialized diets or supplements, even missing paychecks because of illness or treatment. I don't know what the Japanese system is but I can absolutely see someone building insurmountable credit debt just from that (what makes the US system so awful is that you are on the hook for all that plus whatever insurance decides not to cover, which they essentially determine on their own after the billing has been submitted).

In game though it doesn't seem like Chinami is a huge financial burden (beyond what any kid would be on a teenaged girl). Of course it may just be yet another thing Chika holds in.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There are a lot of additional related costs that rack up even when you aren't on the line for hospital bills. Travel/lodging costs, outfitting your home, any specialized diets or supplements, even missing paychecks because of illness or treatment. I don't know what the Japanese system is but I can absolutely see someone building insurmountable credit debt just from that (what makes the US system so awful is that you are on the hook for all that plus whatever insurance decides not to cover, which they essentially determine on their own after the billing has been submitted).

In game though it doesn't seem like Chinami is a huge financial burden (beyond what any kid would be on a teenaged girl). Of course it may just be yet another thing Chika holds in.
The Japanese system is like a mix of most of the world and the US from what I understand. A mix of you paying and the government covering most things. In the cases you listed, neither the actual US system nor the Japanese system would cover any of it. None of those are direct medical expenses, the first is transportation and temporary housing, the second is under the same, the third is diet, and the fourth is you missing work regardless of why. It is absolutely possible to get into a situation where the only way out is shady tactics like loan sharks in any system, including the US, UK, EU, and Japanese systems. All of them bear this risk, just to differing degrees. The government can only support so much, then the citizens are on their own.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
Hey, can some people upload save files up to the latest version ( or close ), not cheated please ? My hard drive died and I've lost all saves, and starting over is a pain, even with skip.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes