Grim21

Oct 6, 2018
Here is the latest 100% completed save without any cheats.
how do you add this to the game? doing anything to the save folder seems to do nothing. Going into Appdata shows not save for this game, yet the two saves I had and deleted are still the only saves I can find.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
how do you add this to the game? doing anything to the save folder seems to do nothing. Going into Appdata shows not save for this game, yet the two saves I had and deleted are still the only saves I can find.
Remember that this site adds random numbers onto the file name, so that's probably why putting it in the save folder did nothing, because Renpy only recognizes saves that are named a certain way. Rename it and get rid of everything before and including the _.

Grim21

Oct 6, 2018
Remember that this site adds random numbers onto the file name, so that's probably why putting it in the save folder did nothing, because Renpy only recognizes saves that are named a certain way. Rename it and get rid of everything before and including the _.
I did that. Even with it as the only save left in the folder, going into the game still only shows the saves that I deleted already.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
A common mistake is that people have a hard time identifying LiL's save folder. It's titled Test2-1577602671

Only god Selebus knows why...

Reactions: Grim21

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
A common mistake is that people have a hard time identifying LiL's save folder. It's titled Test2-1577602671

Only god Selebus knows why...
That still doesn't explain what's going on with it not responding to saves being put in the save folder in the game's folder, it should be reading it there and should then replace any save in the test2 folder that was overwritten in the game's save folder when he saves next. It might be a save that is corrupted beyond the game being able to recognize it as one as well, but that is a rare instance.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
That still doesn't explain what's going on with it not responding to saves being put in the save folder in the game's folder, it should be reading it there and should then replace any save in the test2 folder that was overwritten in the game's save folder when he saves next. It might be a save that is corrupted beyond the game being able to recognize it as one as well, but that is a rare instance.
Oh, I was just kinda wondering if Grim21 was actually dropping his save file into the correct folder or not :) In the past I gave my save file to another user who said it wasn't working; I told her/him to put it in Test2-1577602671 and then they said it worked like a charm.

But you're right, if Grim21 is really placing the save file in the right folder, then my "solution" won't work :)

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh, I was just kinda wondering if Grim21 was actually dropping his save file into the correct folder or not :) In the past I gave my save file to another user who said it wasn't working; I told her/him to put it in Test2-1577602671 and then they said it worked like a charm.

But you're right, if Grim21 is really placing the save file in the right folder, then my "solution" won't work :)
He did mention the save folder with the game files, but he did not directly mention putting a save there, I'm just assuming he did considering he did try putting it in test2. It still sounds like either the file isn't in the correct naming format or is just not readable due to corruption of the file or some other technical issue. I'm not entirely sure, I've been learning about the engine in preparation for a project, but I'm still a beginner with Renpy on anything other than using it as a player, so I'm bound to mistake one cause for another, especially with an issue with multiple possible causes depending on the details.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Bubulae

Jul 30, 2017
I want to ask, why the main story event not auto play for me?

I already done with all character progress, but the event "Rewrite" that supposed to auto play on Sunday (after triggering "Happy Event" not happening. I already skip 3 weeks, but still the event not get triggered, which mean I can't play anymore..

Any help?

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
I want to ask, why the main story event not auto play for me?

I already done with all character progress, but the event "Rewrite" that supposed to auto play on Sunday (after triggering "Happy Event" not happening. I already skip 3 weeks, but still the event not get triggered, which mean I can't play anymore..

Any help?
Short answer is you probably are missing an event, double check that you have both the 2nd (one of the most easily missed) and 4th Happy Events. If you're sure you do, upload your save here so someone can take a look at it.

Reactions: alex2011

robyo7

Jun 3, 2017
I did that. Even with it as the only save left in the folder, going into the game still only shows the saves that I deleted already.
There are two locations for the saves.
  1. One in the ./game/saves path of the game
  2. C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671
Try cleaning them up both, if you still see the save games you had. It might be because of this.
The second problem of why you're not seeing the save, is that you must check on that page of the save files. For example, if the save is named 26-4-LT1.save then that save will show up on Page 26 on the 4th slot.

Reactions: pgm_01

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Just popping in to say that I'm glad there are still so many people here speaking out against piracy and the damage it causes to the industry.

Everyone obviously has the freedom to do what they want and, given the nature of this forum, most people are here for the express purpose of downloading pirated copies of games. And while that's all fine and dandy, I'd like to once again implore those people to stop attempting to justify it as some sort of harmless act and encouraging others to do it as well.

Piracy does not affect me the way it affects many other creators. It's the reason the majority of Eastern visual novels, even many of the critically acclaimed ones, are released at a loss. And while I'm proud to say I am doing exceptionally well financially, it does not change the fact that it destroys the motivations of livelihoods of many other creators and companies.

There is a reason stealing is illegal- and pirating a video game is no different than wandering into a store and taking a product without paying for it. I obviously can not force anyone to do anything, but I happily encourage and endorse the rest of the people on here who agree with my stance to continue speaking out and educating others about how stealing things from hardworking people is not something to be proud of.

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I will silently go back to putting out more content than entire teams of developers do all by myself. Support the game if you like it or, at the very least, stop bashing the people just trying to encourage others to stop stealing. You sound silly.

0.19.0 Part 2 (Beach Update #2) releases for $5 patrons on 10/1/21 and probably here sometime after that because yeah.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It'd be different in the case of you would be taking a physical product that has a finite amount in real life, compared to something that has an infinite amount online.

But aside from that (y)
Theft is theft, electronic or physical does not matter, it does the same damage.

Just popping in to say that I'm glad there are still so many people here speaking out against piracy and the damage it causes to the industry.

Everyone obviously has the freedom to do what they want and, given the nature of this forum, most people are here for the express purpose of downloading pirated copies of games. And while that's all fine and dandy, I'd like to once again implore those people to stop attempting to justify it as some sort of harmless act and encouraging others to do it as well.

Piracy does not affect me the way it affects many other creators. It's the reason the majority of Eastern visual novels, even many of the critically acclaimed ones, are released at a loss. And while I'm proud to say I am doing exceptionally well financially, it does not change the fact that it destroys the motivations of livelihoods of many other creators and companies.

There is a reason stealing is illegal- and pirating a video game is no different than wandering into a store and taking a product without paying for it. I obviously can not force anyone to do anything, but I happily encourage and endorse the rest of the people on here who agree with my stance to continue speaking out and educating others about how stealing things from hardworking people is not something to be proud of.

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I will silently go back to putting out more content than entire teams of developers do all by myself. Support the game if you like it or, at the very least, stop bashing the people just trying to encourage others to stop stealing. You sound silly.

0.19.0 Part 2 (Beach Update #2) releases for $5 patrons on 10/1/21 and probably here sometime after that because yeah.
Indeed, I do still support the ability to choose to do it, but I agree that that choice comes with definite consequences for the developer, you in this case, and possible consequences for the pirate, assuming the pirate is caught in the act, that is. My complaints aren't meant to stop piracy, only to educate on the detriment such an act is to the industry as a whole, especially to small developers, and the morality of that choice. To me, I care more about this game than any other when it comes to piracy, but I generally don't mind. However, the people who do it absolutely should be aware of the morality of the act and the harm it causes if they are going to do it, that is my whole point in speaking against it. Big companies like EA can take the hits, some small developers can't.

You're right about the 'wandering into a store' part. Just because it is electronic doesn't make it not theft and all theft is morally wrong and causes economic damage. I cannot force anyone to stop, either, nor would I want to as my value of the freedom to choose is still greater than my will to actively try to stop the inevitable. If that is how you feel about the on and off spats we have here, then I will gladly continue as I have been. I am not proud to be an admitted pirate, or a pirate at all. Never have been and never will be, either. Nobody should take pride in such a morally corrupt act. I regret that I ever find it necessary to commit piracy, usually due to a lack of legal means to get the product, especially when I did it to Lessons in Love.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes