barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
4) I can definitely see a distinct possibility. Otoha is the kind of girl that wants to be the ONLY one for her lover and she can see that won't be happening any time soon with Rin. This is likely a big turn off toward the idea of getting together with Rin and could be a catalyst for a repeat of the original beach event. Rin obviously doesn't see this, she's too love struck to or she just doesn't care enough to notice and she won't until she hears words to that effect come from Otoha because Otoha is all she sees. I didn't really think it was going to happen this update, but I did think there was going to be major progress in setting up for it and boy was I right, unfortunately. That poor girl is going to need some serious help, possibly more than Futaba and Chika can handle.
I'll also add -- Rin went from pining for Chika to absolutely fixated on Otoha in the span of about 3 chords. Otoha is right to be worried about being a rebound, because that's a VERY whip-lashy bounce.

Reactions: alex2011

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I think my biggest problem with the update was how whiplashy Rin was, and how out of character she was, without any deviations in between. She went from 10 to 0 in an instant. Even in Denpa games, there's a buildup to that extremely erratic character break. Sayori, who starts out just late, needing to bum for food, to completely disregarding her appearance because she can't even sleep dealing with her own mental illness. Even in Denpa games, there's a sequence. To completely sequence break them is completely out of character for the genre itself. Kinda like what happened with Osako. There was nothing to lead to those events. It was erratic and contrived like I said. Even for the denpa formula, it was jarring.

Reactions: Maldonny and akselx

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Definitely not, otherwise this game wouldn't be slated for multiple years of development. I would say it's probably more of a middle ground, not entirely set, but not a completely blank slate. He has some idea where it will go, but only has the full idea closer to release per update.
I know you're a superfan of sorts, but I'd still rather Sel's input on this ;)

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
I think my biggest problem with the update was how whiplashy Rin was, and how out of character she was, without any deviations in between. She went from 10 to 0 in an instant. Even in Denpa games, there's a buildup to that extremely erratic character break. Sayori, who starts out just late, needing to bum for food, to completely disregarding her appearance because she can't even sleep dealing with her own mental illness. Even in Denpa games, there's a sequence. To completely sequence break them is completely out of character for the genre itself. Kinda like what happened with Osako. There was nothing to lead to those events. It was erratic and contrived like I said. Even for the denpa formula, it was jarring.
Yeah, I understand you, dude, and I'm a little concerned myself. But I still think that with Rin there were some more subtle clues, which we may not have picked on the first sight. People in this thread already pointed some out. As for Osako, that's harder to justify, but I think it'll be explained in the next updates (but in my opinion too that wasn't a very good decision)

Anyway, we can't look into Selebus's head, so we can't be sure if it was a misstep or part of greater plan, like, I dunno, making the pace intentionally erratic to emphasize the decay of the world.
So far Selebus hasn't betrayed my expectations and I want to hope and believe that he knows what he's doing.

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
Except there was.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I read that earlier and I agree with your words, that's why I said that "I" didn't notice. I'm not the most observant person, and two weeks/months gap is enough for me to forget some details.

All I want to say, is that it's too early to jump to conclusions and say "bad writing", "genius planning" etc. after one or two "controversial" updates. We don't have the full picture to judge, future updates will show us who was right.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, I forgot that Osako works in the dojo. Once I finished the events with Wakana and Osako, after Friday night, the beach event triggered. BTW, I still have open events with Haruka, but that didn't seem to matter.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Rin behaving as she did was not out of character at all. With how hard she was pining for Otoha and how much she was concentrating on a confession, all exacerbated by her mental issues, she probably quite literally doesn't have the mental wherewithal to pay attention to anything other than that. Also, suffering from something in the past doesn't actually mean you'll automatically be super-empathetic to people suffering from the same thing now. So yeah, Rin was fairly shitty to Molly in this update and in a few before it, that doesn't mean that her character was ruined, it just means she is a flawed human being who can hurt others, even if not on purpose.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
That was totally in character for Rin man... she always comes off as adhd with a mix of mild bipolar which is very whiplashy. extreme highs and extreme lows with no real inbetween for bipolar, poor judgement and impulsive actions being common for those with adhd.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Yep, there was just no direct premise for it in recent events, at least I haven't noticed one. That's why it was a little strange and out of place for me.
wakana literally has a catch phrase man... we will learn more about her, this is just a Segway to that

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Also, the medical room had like a dozen pill bottles marked "Watabe". That certainly seems like a sign of substance abuse.
Edit: Okay, now that I check it, it wasn't actually "like a dozen", it was three (out of five present), my bad. But that still seems like a lot. so the point stands.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
yes but now we have a molly consolation prize I guess.

ANYWAY
lets talk about the real issues here people
JNCO jeans.png

MIKU WEARS JNCO JEANS

JNCO JEANS 2.jpg

did selebus do this on purpose because miku is self conscious about her thighs and doesn't want sensei looking at them anymore so he would look at makoto more?

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes