barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I wish Sensei got with a black girl but that seems very unlikely with how Tsuneyo acts, especially after the last beach event. Maybe he will with that black adult female that barely got a scene but, still wish there was a black student for him.
IIRC, Selebus mentionied on the Discord that she'll be more fully introduced next year.

And all 20 main girls will be romanceable, some will just take a lot longer than others.

Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Since all the names in the game follow alliteration (Ami Arakawa, Ayane Amamiya, Rin Rokuhara, Tsuneyo Tojo), we can be kinda sure the Sensei's name starts with A as well.

Alfredo Arakawa FTW
Neither of Ami's parents' first names begin with A. I would not be surprised if Sensei were also an exception to this rule.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I wish Sensei got with a black girl but that seems very unlikely with how Tsuneyo acts, especially after the last beach event. Maybe he will with that black adult female that barely got a scene but, still wish there was a black student for him.
Who are you talking about?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
come on man 20 p2 please do this for me you are my hero
I believe it was already stated that he's waiting for the public release of part 2.

This game can be convoluted at times. My whole progress got blocked because I hadn't gone home after school via the dorms and missed a trigger.
Ouch

At least we are told that it is Uncle-Niece... Some people have suspicions that something might have happened between Sensei and his Sister-in-Law.
Even if that is true, though, it isn't in game and technically wouldn't count as far as the tag, which is what causes people to ask. The tags refer to in game content. So far, unless we get some scenes with Sana/Sara, Makoto/Maki, Chika/Chinami, or Touka/Tsukasa/Tsubasa, then the only pairing that counts for the tag is Ami/Sensei and I'm not even sure if that counts depending on two factors, whether the Sensei we play as really is the one that is her uncle and not some guy who got isekaied into his body and the semantics of whether the tag can be applied if the isekai theory is correct and the person controlling Sensei's body isn't Sensei himself, the original controller of said body.

yes I saw it in the update plan, but it continues mainly from the event at the moment, it seems that it will probably continue like this for a long time.
This game is supposed to take multiple years to develop, so yes, a long time. As for the events currently going, it's actually a string of events, not just one. Basically one thing leading to another as the consequences pile up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Since I naturally enjoy the darker twists of fantasy, gotta say this was a fun one and I enjoy watching things break like this, quite a fun time and I can't wait to see how things devolve further and what consequences follow. Because there's not enough games that explore dark themes, and so many fewer that don't do it well enough to merit mention. Am I a terrible person for wanting things to get so much worse? Nope, tis all a game, bring it on Selebus, see if you can break me hahahaha!

This update was fuckin fun, I'm happy I played it :)

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Around April/May of next year, Selebus will be reworking the early events of the game to make it as high-quality as the latter parts of that game. For that reason, plot progression will stop in February/March; however, Selebus promises that the reworked scenes will be a little different from the current scenes (i.e. both artwork and the text will be re-worked, some girls will get new early-game events), so it's not as if we'll be bored out of our minds for two months.

Selebus states that this is to make sure that players new to his game will enjoy LiL more if the beginning content is higher-quality. He also clarified:

- You will NOT have to start over. Current saves will stay functional and you're free to completely ignore any of the new early game content if you want.
- Progress reports for the rework will be posted to both the Discord and here so everyone knows the status of it and how much is left.
-Several events will be removed, but will be accessible through a "deleted scenes" menu on Sensei's laptop.
- You will be able to access the new events through the event tracker if you do not want to play from the beginning again.

Also: Expect the next public update to be released either today or tomorrow. I will post it as soon as it is up. The wait is almost over :)

Last edited:

number361

Dec 2, 2018
I've recently started playing, I wish we would have a better indication of what is going to be the consequence of our choice. Like the game mentions that taking Ayane's virginity will change the story... (I assume in not a good way, since she's basically a yandere?) or when the game asks you if you want to fuck Sana's mom.

Hm..

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Around April/May of next year, Selebus will be reworking the early events of the game to make it as high-quality as the latter parts of that game. For that reason, plot progression will stop in February/March; however, Selebus promises that the reworked scenes will be a little different from the current scenes (i.e. both artwork and the text will be re-worked, some girls will get new early-game events), so it's not as if we'll be bored out of our minds for two months.

Selebus states that this is to make sure that players new to his game will enjoy LiL more if the beginning content is higher-quality. He also clarified:

- You will NOT have to start over. Current saves will stay functional and you're free to completely ignore any of the new early game content if you want.
- Progress reports for the rework will be posted to both the Discord and here so everyone knows the status of it and how much is left.
-Several events will be removed, but will be accessible through a "deleted scenes" menu on Sensei's laptop.
- You will be able to access the new events through the event tracker if you do not want to play from the beginning again.

Also: Expect the next public update to be released either today or tomorrow. I will post it as soon as it is up. The wait is almost over :)
One of the scenes happens to be the Ayane bathroom scene near the beginning. This scene, now that I think about it with the included knowledge of events after that, shows us some clues as to what kind of girl Ayane really is. Not the yandere she kind of started acting like, but a girl who is seemingly afraid that if she doesn't act in a way that Sensei won't be able to refuse, either out of fear she'll get violent as actual yanderes tend to do or out of desire for a girl who is guaranteed to accept anything he wants, she will lose him. Without that future knowledge, she just seems like a typical yandere who just has yet to show just how far she'll go, but with that future knowledge she seems like a highly insecure young woman. Not quite on the level of Anthropophobia, which is a phobia regarding being judged or rejected, but this fear can in no way be called minor.

I also relayed concerns of the timing considering the reasons for this rework. He stated that he wants to bring the early game up to the same quality as the current game. That's great and all, but the one problem with that is this game is still extremely early in development. The level of quality is going to keep rising, so he will just end up doing it all over again since the reworked content will then be in the same position as the original, lesser quality than the content added after the rework. Not lesser as in bad, NONE of the content is so low quality that it can be called bad, just not up to the same increasing standard.

For this reason, I sort of suggested he might want to hold off until the end of development to do this so that he doesn't end up right back in the position that made him want to rework the content in the first place. He'll just end up in a repeating cycle of new content getting so good that he'll want to rework old content to bring it up to the new content standard.

This is the one and only time so far I have disagreed with Selebus on something.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
For this reason, I sort of suggested he might want to hold off until the end of development to do this so that he doesn't end up right back in the position that made him want to rework the content in the first place. He'll just end up in a repeating cycle of new content getting so good that he'll want to rework old content to bring it up to the new content standard.
Nah, this is probably the best time for it.

The game has found its voice, Selebus has settled into a flow for the pacing. While there will still be some quality improvements, the rate of improvement will slow down now that the big stuff has been settled, and it feels like we're coming to the end of Chapter 2, which means it'll also be a good time to pause the current story.

Waiting to the end presents a number of problems:
1) Interest in the revised beginning will drop dramatically once everyone knows how it ends.
2) If the creator hates that part of the game, it will just keep gnawing at him
3) Relevant details may be added in the revision that set up events in chapter 3, and stalling the revamp project might force a redraft of already outlined content.
4) The beginning in its current state sets false expectations for the level of sexual content in the game. The sooner that's fixed, the sooner the game does the proper job of setting expectations for new players.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I've recently started playing, I wish we would have a better indication of what is going to be the consequence of our choice. Like the game mentions that taking Ayane's virginity will change the story... (I assume in not a good way, since she's basically a yandere?) or when the game asks you if you want to fuck Sana's mom.

Hm..
Selebus stated that you can unlock all scenes in a single playthrough, so I assume that you should take Ayane's virginity and fuck Sana's mom if you're a completionist :)

Just be careful with Rin – be a good homie :)

Reactions: smuk and alex2011

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
The level of quality is going to keep rising
You think? I've felt that Selebus kinda already hit a wall and the game's gonna stay at the current-level (uber-high) quality.

I mean, the images/animations have been consistently beautiful for a koikatsu game. His plot and writing rivals some of the best Japanese visual novels I've read. Sure, some updates are better than others, but Selebus would naturally have his ups and downs considering he's human.

So I feel that once Selebus reworks his game once, it won't need further reworks. Again, this is just my opinion and I don't mean to criticize you :)

slipperysnake

Mar 23, 2020
You think? I've felt that Selebus kinda already hit a wall and the game's gonna stay at the current-level (uber-high) quality.

I mean, the images/animations have been consistently beautiful for a koikatsu game. His plot and writing rivals some of the best Japanese visual novels I've read. Sure, some updates are better than others, but Selebus would naturally have his ups and downs considering he's human.

So I feel that once Selebus reworks his game once, it won't need further reworks. Again, this is just my opinion and I don't mean to criticize you :)
What VNs have you played that have similar writing quality to LiL? I've always felt like it was leaps and bounds ahead of anything I've played as far as dialogue goes and how human the characters feel. I had thought part of that might be that some writing quality just gets lost when you translate things to english. If there are games out there with writing on par with LiL, I'd love to play them.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Writing is a skill, and skills naturally improve with practice, so in a very technical sense, there will be improvement over time.

But that improvement is typically incremental. The big quality jumps happen when you figure out a character's voice, the narrative tone, the proper way to pace your action, etc, and for the most part all that has been done, so we shouldn't see any major quality leaps in the future.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes