Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
That school roof is pretty weird:

1. Resets
  2. Blujay
  3. Baby Finches - I'm positive that's the beginning of the game :)
  4. Ayane in the reset
I think you have to bear in mind that the school roof is very much a trope in Japanese media - important stuff always seems to happen on them. There is absolutely no way on Earth that Selebus is not aware of that trope and I suspect it is not unreaonable to believe he is doing it deliberately.

I wonder how many actual Japanese schools have rooves that can even be accessed.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That school roof is pretty weird:

1. Resets
  2. Blujay
  3. Baby Finches - I'm positive that's the beginning of the game :)
  4. Ayane in the reset
I think that 'happy' scene goes further back than that considering how much more positive it seems than some of the others, I'd say before the game even.

I think you have to bear in mind that the school roof is very much a trope in Japanese media - important stuff always seems to happen on them. There is absolutely no way on Earth that Selebus is not aware of that trope and I suspect it is not unreaonable to believe he is doing it deliberately.

I wonder how many actual Japanese schools have rooves that can even be accessed.
Contrary to the trope, not that many.

Unless you are feeding your starving children on adult VNs, there is no necessity about it.
Not necessity as in I absolutely have to do it, you're right, there is no necessity in the traditional sense of the word. What I mean by that is I only do it when there is no other option open to me that allows me to get the game, such as 99% of all Illusion games, including the one this game was made using the studio of back when I got said game. When I got it, there was no Steam version, it was available ONLY in Japan, so piracy was the only option that allowed me to play it.

Reactions: null125

Pluszero

Jul 14, 2020
I'm starting to get the impression that this story is planning to fuck it up heavily with the ending, for better or worse. I just hope it won't end with 2 choices that in a way would define the genre of the game but at the same time would decrease the value of the message this game is trying to send. I hope that instead of either [accepting the reality and it's consequences] or [everyone is happy but endures a reset each time someone is no longer happy] we can get a clear conclusion together with the lesson which the game is based on [ There is no exquisite beauty…without some strangeness in the proportion ] even if it meant a different form of happiness... No matter what this game has some of the most fucked up human relations I've ever encountered in fiction. I'm trying to imagine a scenario where everyone can actually find some sort of tangled up screwed up form of happiness with the MC while the protagonist being the only one having to remember each day what it could have been. But how? That I sincerely have no idea.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'm starting to get the impression that this story is planning to fuck it up heavily with the ending, for better or worse. I just hope it won't end with 2 choices that in a way would define the genre of the game but at the same time would decrease the value of the message this game is trying to send. I hope that instead of either [accepting the reality and it's consequences] or [everyone is happy but endures a reset each time someone is no longer happy] we can get a clear conclusion together with the lesson which the game is based on [ There is no exquisite beauty…without some strangeness in the proportion ] even if it meant a different form of happiness... No matter what this game has some of the most fucked up human relations I've ever encountered in fiction. I'm trying to imagine a scenario where everyone can actually find some sort of tangled up screwed up form of happiness with the MC while the protagonist being the only one having to remember each day what it could have been. But how? That I sincerely have no idea.
Based on what Selebus've said previousely, he's gunning for 22-23 or so endings.

• Wow
Reactions: alex2011
Jul 11, 2019
Based on what Selebus've said previousely, he's gunning for 22-23 or so endings.
That would fit with 20 Characters and a few extra endings.
Probably mainly bad ends, including using cheats with maybe a "True End" with everyone happy that unlocks with 100% completion and getting each code/password from the girls.
And we get to see Sensei, despite being, well, him, be nice and build castles for everyone.

Hopefully, that is.

Reactions: crustlord12

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Probably mainly bad ends,
He called character-focused routes "purity routes", I can't imagine them having bad ending. Maybe it will be neutral-status-quo kind of thing. Sensei will remain in this world, but time loops stop as he grows outside of his box and moves forward in live with chosen girl.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
He called character-focused routes "purity routes", I can't imagine them having bad ending. Maybe it will be neutral-status-quo kind of thing. Sensei will remain in this world, but time loops stop as he grows outside of his box and moves forward in live with chosen girl.
I think in this context purity means "you are only pursuing one character and only getting events about them," i.e. a purely [X] route. Not that they are immune to ending tragically. (For instance, I find it hard to imagine a Sensei/Ami ending that isn't fundamentally tragic.)

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I think in this context purity means "you are only pursuing one character and only getting events about them," i.e. a purely [X] route. Not that they are immune to ending tragically.
Fair enough. I still think that routes where Sensei isn't fucking around and focuses on one girl won't have a tragic ending. Neutral or standoffish at most. Drama will most likely come from making wrong turns and going off chosen route.

(For instance, I find it hard to imagine a Sensei/Ami ending that isn't fundamentally tragic.)
Maybe stumbling on her route is only possible by not engaging with her sexually. Eventually, she's overcome her obsesion and come in terms with her parents death.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Maybe this is like and everything keeps replaying until Sensei is no longer a shithead ruining everyone's lives and when he finally becomes a good person and learns to love - the world moves on and everyone is OK.

Reactions: Cerpin

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think in this context purity means "you are only pursuing one character and only getting events about them," i.e. a purely [X] route. Not that they are immune to ending tragically. (For instance, I find it hard to imagine a Sensei/Ami ending that isn't fundamentally tragic.)
The purity path, and the choice point that sets you down them, happen after the dark path is concluded. At that point, it will be very clear that you have to pick one girl to pursue and see her path through. IIRC, Selebus has mentioned that once that path is concluded, the game will take you pack to the choice point so you can pick another girl. I can't recall if he said there would be a "true" ending once all the purity endings are seen.

A given purity ending is likely going to end very badly for some of the other (not chosen) characters.

And before we get to that decision point, we can expect all 35 main and side girls to be put through an absolute wringer, because, well, the game is what it is.

andy4528

Feb 9, 2020
until Sensei is no longer a shithead ruining everyone's lives and when he finally becomes a good person and learns to love - the world moves on and everyone is OK.
And how will everyone be happy if in that world Sensei - the only opportunity for a happy life?
If Sensei will love only one girl, everyone else will be unhappy.

Sensei is a good guy, he makes all the girls happy one way or another. He gives them the meaning of life. Without it, in the world of the game, they do not make sense, and their life will be empty (most likely they will simply disappear during the next reset).

By the way, people who think that Amy has problems, themselves have problems. She is almost the perfect wife and the best girl in the game, that Sensei can trust. Other girls have other priorities in life, which means that they can not be trusted (for now).

chadrea

Mar 4, 2020
I can't seem to kick off the v0.20.0 part 2 main events. I am trying to get the "Girls In Spandex" one to fire off.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That would be insane...and I love it.

Fair enough. I still think that routes where Sensei isn't fucking around and focuses on one girl won't have a tragic ending. Neutral or standoffish at most. Drama will most likely come from making wrong turns and going off chosen route.

Maybe stumbling on her route is only possible by not engaging with her sexually. Eventually, she's overcome her obsesion and come in terms with her parents death.
Given the genre of the game, I have to agree with Moodle. Under ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES should we think purity means anything positive given what has already been presented and what is yet to come lest we want to be taken off guard in the ways we already have been on multiple occasions, but more severely. That way, IF it actually does mean something positive, we can be surprised in a less 'happy' way about it.

Maybe this is like and everything keeps replaying until Sensei is no longer a shithead ruining everyone's lives and when he finally becomes a good person and learns to love - the world moves on and everyone is OK.
Sensei...becoming a good person? :ROFLMAO: Yeah, no, I don't see that happening.

The purity path, and the choice point that sets you down them, happen after the dark path is concluded. At that point, it will be very clear that you have to pick one girl to pursue and see her path through. IIRC, Selebus has mentioned that once that path is concluded, the game will take you pack to the choice point so you can pick another girl. I can't recall if he said there would be a "true" ending once all the purity endings are seen.

A given purity ending is likely going to end very badly for some of the other (not chosen) characters.

And before we get to that decision point, we can expect all 35 main and side girls to be put through an absolute wringer, because, well, the game is what it is.
I do believe he has mentioned a true route before as well, likely to be locked behind all other endings as usual.

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Lord estrada777 if you could please help here that would be great. Fucking laptop is overheating.
Are you sure it is the game? I mean this is a Renpy game, so it really shouldn't be overheating even some pre-2011 potato. The only thing I could see it overheating is MAYBE something as old as the Windows 95 era, but then you wouldn't be playing because hardware that old wouldn't have the storage.

This may very well be your machine having a problem, so I would get it checked or, if you have the tools and skill and aren't at risk of voiding some warranty by doing so, check it out yourself.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Are you sure it is the game? I mean this is a Renpy game, so it really shouldn't be overheating even some pre-2011 potato. The only thing I could see it overheating is MAYBE something as old as the Windows 95 era, but then you wouldn't be playing because hardware that old wouldn't have the storage.

This may very well be your machine having a problem, so I would get it checked or, if you have the tools and skill and aren't at risk of voiding some warranty by doing so, check it out yourself.
Calm your tits Alex, I tagged, estrada777 for a reason, he is an apk wiz and i need updated apk version of this (obviously if he is available) currently to play it on my tab. I never said because of this game or another my laptop is overheating. Did you get that buddy!

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes