Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
No, Primeguy is right, I just went back and replayed it.

Bluejay is a 10p2 event, the reset is in 11p1. There's a mini-reset within Bluejay in which Makoto, and only Makoto, is reset back onto the roof, and she is deeply shaken (enough so that the next day at school she looks somewhat beastly). Sensei acts as if the jump never happened, but she clearly seems to have experienced it, and is a wreck at school the next day. She doesn't return to normal until after Maya and Sensei reset the world that night (at a bare minimum the nighta fter she jumped)

This would imply that one of the gods intervened to protect her
This.

The above is why we had a conversation about suicide as a last ditch attempt to take control. And consequently how not even being able to assert that little bit of control would be mind shattering.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
I am getting this error when i am trying to call Chinami in the afternoon, how can I fix it?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ChinamiEvents.rpy", line 14, in script
    if chinami_love >= 5 and chinamidate1 == True and day 128 == True and chinamidate5 == False:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/ChinamiEvents.rpy, line 14)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ChinamiEvents.rpy", line 14, in script
    if chinami_love >= 5 and chinamidate1 == True and day 128 == True and chinamidate5 == False:
  File "C:\Users\mail2\Desktop\Games\LessonsInLove-v0.20.0-Part2-pc_2\LessonsInLove0.20.0Part2-0.20.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\mail2\Desktop\Games\LessonsInLove-v0.20.0-Part2-pc_2\LessonsInLove0.20.0Part2-0.20.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2057, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "C:\Users\mail2\Desktop\Games\LessonsInLove-v0.20.0-Part2-pc_2\LessonsInLove0.20.0Part2-0.20.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 692, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/ChinamiEvents.rpy, line 14)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.20.0
Mon Nov 08 14:10:33 2021
Been busy lately so don't actually have the game to test this, but looks like you can open game/ChinamiEvents.rpy in a plain text editor (notepad for example), go down to the 14th line, and get rid of the space in "day 128" since it should be "day128"
Or wait for a patch.

Reactions: alex2011 and A.aron

A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
Been busy lately so don't actually have the game to test this, but looks like you can open game/ChinamiEvents.rpy in a plain text editor (notepad for example), go down to the 14th line, and get rid of the space in "day 128" since it should be "day128"
Or wait for a patch.
thanks a lot, it worked.

Reactions: Ankoku

mixati

Jun 6, 2018
If it is intellectual theft, then it is still theft, so I don't see how it makes arguing against it easier.

You'd be slightly off on the theft thing in the next line, but you aren't completely off. It does hurt the store owner, but that owner has a financial agreement with the creator where the creator gets a cut of the profit from the store's sales of their product, so any loss of profit from that product, such as a successful theft of the product, would result in both being financially harmed through that agreement. The store cannot provide a portion of a profit it never received.
Arguing that they are the same allows cognitive dissonance to take hold. People see the argument "Piracy is theft" and they think of the most common interpertation of the word theft on it's own, phyisical theft. This allows them to think "well it's not the same as physical theft so it's not as bad." It lets them go "well that's wrong" and forget about it. We need to normalise saying that "Piracy is as bad as theft." It doesn't give people anything to hide behind. Or "Piracy is a type of theft" if you want to be more specific. Or "Piracy is intelectual theft"

Most stores buy from a supplier, paying the creators share in advance. Stealing the physical copy in this case doesn't hurt the creator, unless the owner decides to no longer stock their items in case they are stolen. It's only really digital stores that provide a share of profits after the sale is complete, at least where I live. All shop owners buy the product, then resell.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No, Primeguy is right, I just went back and replayed it.

Bluejay is a 10p2 event, the reset is in 11p1. There's a mini-reset within Bluejay in which Makoto, and only Makoto, is reset back onto the roof, and she is deeply shaken (enough so that the next day at school she looks somewhat beastly). Sensei acts as if the jump never happened, but she clearly seems to have experienced it, and is a wreck at school the next day. She doesn't return to normal until after Maya and Sensei reset the world that night (at a bare minimum the nighta fter she jumped)

This would imply that one of the gods intervened to protect her
This.

The above is why we had a conversation about suicide as a last ditch attempt to take control. And consequently how not even being able to assert that little bit of control would be mind shattering.
That "mini reset" is what I'm referring to, but given the little information we have on how the resets work, I assumed it was just good timing, not a reset only she experienced. could definitely see intervention by the gods as a possibility now that I think about it, they love to get involved, but it's usually to Sensei's detriment, not his benefit. Example, the Yumi kiss. While we still don't know for sure, it was likely one of the gods that was controlling him there, which resulted in a detrimental action.

As long as it doesn't turn into a discussion about piracy again, for a 100th time, it's fine.
I really hope it won't. These are the worst :cry:
It won't as long as it doesn't keep getting brought up after the initial exchange. However, the topic coming up repeatedly is bound to happen and an initial exchange with it.

Or maybe nobody dies in this world, at least while it goes through cycles.
That's my theory so far, as long as they are alive at the moment the world resets, they continue to exist. If they die before that and the reset triggers while they are dead, they disappear.

Arguing that they are the same allows cognitive dissonance to take hold. People see the argument "Piracy is theft" and they think of the most common interpertation of the word theft on it's own, phyisical theft. This allows them to think "well it's not the same as physical theft so it's not as bad." It lets them go "well that's wrong" and forget about it. We need to normalise saying that "Piracy is as bad as theft." It doesn't give people anything to hide behind. Or "Piracy is a type of theft" if you want to be more specific. Or "Piracy is intelectual theft"

Most stores buy from a supplier, paying the creators share in advance. Stealing the physical copy in this case doesn't hurt the creator, unless the owner decides to no longer stock their items in case they are stolen. It's only really digital stores that provide a share of profits after the sale is complete, at least where I live. All shop owners buy the product, then resell.
Any form of stealing is theft and piracy is to steal a copy of an electronic product. Both are equally as bad at base level because both are forms of stealing, but then you add in the detail that physical theft is more directly impacting a middleman and piracy is more directly impacting the actual creator and that makes piracy worse due to it being a direct hit against the creator where at least the middleman can soften the blow in physical theft.

I agree, 'piracy is theft' needs to be normalized so that people see how closely related they are. I am in no way arguing against doing it, of course, just that this whole thing where people try to justify it needs to be changed so that they see the flaws in trying to do so. As a necessity pirate myself, it would be nothing short of hypocritical to go against the practice entirely.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Can anybody tell me how to get out of the "There is Nothing" event? Got the Happy Scene and can't figure out how to finish up the event.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can anybody tell me how to get out of the "There is Nothing" event? Got the Happy Scene and can't figure out how to finish up the event.
You have to use information from previous events to give what it asks for. Most of it is in the "Trinity" 'happy' events if I remember correctly with one piece of information being played in the audio of "There is Nothing" on a loop.

Reactions: Alex5280

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
You have to use information from previous events to give what it asks for. Most of it is in the "Trinity" 'happy' events if I remember correctly with one piece of information being played in the audio of "There is Nothing" on a loop.
I entered all the information and got the scene with Maya, but it seems to just loop and doesn't exit the event to go back to regular game play. Am I missing something? No options come up to exit the event. The Happy Event is even showing up as completed.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I entered all the information and got the scene with Maya, but it seems to just loop and doesn't exit the event to go back to regular game play. Am I missing something? No options come up to exit the event.
What you entered was the piece needed for the 'happy' scene associated with that event, but there is a separate piece of information in the same part that started the 'happy' scene that will let you progress. There is only one exit to the event, at least in game, and that is to enter the correct information to progress.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
What you entered was the piece needed for the 'happy' scene associated with that event, but there is a separate piece of information in the same part that started the 'happy' scene that will let you progress. There is only one exit to the event, at least in game, and that is to enter the correct information to progress.
Okay, thanks. I will see if I can find it.

Reactions: alex2011

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I entered all the information and got the scene with Maya, but it seems to just loop and doesn't exit the event to go back to regular game play. Am I missing something? No options come up to exit the event. The Happy Event is even showing up as completed.
If you're still stuck, you can rely on this guide (it contains information you need for "There's Nothing")

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
She literally jumped right before the reset triggered, then the reset happened while she was in the air still. The real question isn't about the mental state, it's about the physical state, would they be reset if they actually died. For example, if she had actually hit the ground before the reset that saved her triggered, would she disappear or would she reset despite being dead at the time.
It was less a reset, more a rewind. Maya wasn't there. It didn't start a new "cycle" it just undid an event. Resets are when Maya is on the roof with you. That happened later, and that's when Mokoto started seeming more normal again.

Reactions: alex2011 and moodle

GR1MM

Nov 6, 2019
Hi!
Here is the Russian translation of Lessons in Love [v0.20.0 part 1].
This translation is "unofficial".

The link is: Here

Привет!
Это перевод на Русский язык визуальной новеллы Lessons in Love [v0.20.0 part 1].
Этот перевод является неофициальным.

Ссылка : Здесь
Чёрт, я приятно удивлён. Нет, серьёзно. Отставание менее чем в два апдейта? Парень, ты хорош, уважение. Не то, чтобы мне нужен был русский перевод, но я распространю ссылочку)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It was less a reset, more a rewind. Maya wasn't there. It didn't start a new "cycle" it just undid an event. Resets are when Maya is on the roof with you. That happened later, and that's when Mokoto started seeming more normal again.
Not sure if you're aware, but that implies Maya is the cause of them or is at least involved in their triggering, but so far, we don't have much connecting her to them beyond the same 'involved bystander' status player Sensei has. They both know about them, Maya more than player Sensei and definitely more than she lets on, but I can't yet see her being involved in them any further than player Sensei.

I mean, why else would resets only happen in her presence.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Not sure if you're aware, but that implies Maya is the cause of them or is at least involved in their triggering, but so far, we don't have much connecting her to them beyond the same 'involved bystander' status player Sensei has. They both know about them, Maya more than player Sensei and definitely more than she lets on, but I can't yet see her being involved in them any further than player Sensei.

I mean, why else would resets only happen in her presence.
She literally says she's involved in the process of the reset. In "Reset," she says "I'm going to reset the world." She then clarifies during the first beach: "I'm not the one resetting anything. I'm just asking someone else to do it. And it's not like I can do it whenever or however I want either."

I think it's silly to call the events of Bluejay a reset. We know what resets are: the world ends, most people disappear in what appears to be incredible pain (given what we see during There is Nothing and what Maya tells us during Sayonara), and then at some point Maya reaches the roof and asks someone to reset the world. Would they be able to reset it without her doing this? Maybe. We don't know. But the only similarity to what happened to Makoto is that it happened on the school roof.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
She literally says she's involved in the process of the reset. In "Reset," she says "I'm going to reset the world." She then clarifies during the first beach: "I'm not the one resetting anything. I'm just asking someone else to do it. And it's not like I can do it whenever or however I want either."

I think it's silly to call the events of Bluejay a reset. We know what resets are: the world ends, most people disappear in what appears to be incredible pain (given what we see during There is Nothing and what Maya tells us during Sayonara), and then at some point Maya reaches the roof and asks someone to reset the world. Would they be able to reset it without her doing this? Maybe. We don't know. But the only similarity to what happened to Makoto is that it happened on the school roof.
To be fair, if I see things getting undone, I typically see it as a reset. Considering that she is not the one doing the process of resetting the world herself, I would say it can be done without her being there as long as whoever is doing it goes through the reset process. I'm going to have to go back, things are getting fuzzy in my memory and that's going to hurt, if not end, my run if another puzzle that uses information from other events pops up.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes