moodle

Nov 26, 2016
New update is amazing, even if it didn't advance the overarching story much. I'm interested in seeing whether the people who have been hating on Kirin feel differently about her after this update, or if they come away feeling vindicated, because I feel like it could honestly go either way depending on what you choose to focus on. Personally, she's quickly becoming one of my favorites and I would not have predicted that a few updates ago.
Kirin's best and worst qualities were both on full display in this patch and it was amazing. Noriko's events were good, but IMO Kirin was the star of the show. She's such a great character.
That "treadmill" is exactly what I'm worried about. I've seen that before and it isn't pretty when it happens and usually ends up in the developer getting burnt out because they are just going in circles of 'improve the game, make more content at higher quality partly achieved by the practice that resulted from the rework, do another rework because the new content is now on a higher level than both untouched and previously reworked content, rinse and repeat either until the developer gives up and keeps the quality of the latest rework at that point, leaving a potentially severe quality discrepancy, or the developer gets frustrated that they seemingly aren't getting anywhere with more reworks due to the constant reworks causing an effect of further increases in quality that make it seem like the developer is going nowhere.'
I've seen this treadmill as well with games on this site. I would be willing to bet that Selebus will not fall into that failure mode, but I understand why seeing what looks a lot like that pattern sets off alarm bells for you.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Same, I am sure Selebus will just polish here and there for new players and be done with it. Maybe a bit more later on if he feels like it but not on a scale of "rebuild the game completely!". And, well, its a bit of a time out so that he can get some ideas for future updates too since I am sure he was thinking about early events a bit too much anyway. And I searched for a reason to replay this game from start anyway.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Same, I am sure Selebus will just polish here and there for new players and be done with it. Maybe a bit more later on if he feels like it but not on a scale of "rebuild the game completely!". And, well, its a bit of a time out so that he can get some ideas for future updates too since I am sure he was thinking about early events a bit too much anyway. And I searched for a reason to replay this game from start anyway.
That depends on if this cycle rears its ugly head. I'm with you on the reasons to replay, I need to refresh my memory. If you look back a few pages, you'll notice I've had a few instances of forgetting some details that had a pretty big effect on how I viewed things. I need to go back over these details again and the best way is to replay from the start.

Reactions: Vizer007

Papa Is My Name

Aug 19, 2018
That depends on if this cycle rears its ugly head. I'm with you on the reasons to replay, I need to refresh my memory. If you look back a few pages, you'll notice I've had a few instances of forgetting some details that had a pretty big effect on how I viewed things. I need to go back over these details again and the best way is to replay from the start.
I think reworking the game is really important especially at this point of the game because at one point this game will be finished and it need to be more professional looking and the early game have that " this is still a work in progress " feel to it
but yeah it will be really a shame if Selebus got in that vicious cycle

Papa Is My Name

Aug 19, 2018
Btw i know this is bit late to say but is it possible that Rin and Sensei are relatives?
i mean look at it although he has a lot of chances he never trys to bang her and the only other person that he dose a cute self cockblock is with Amy(yes i know there is Haruka and Sara but with them you get a second chance) and the only time they do something its Rin that start's it

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think reworking the game is really important especially at this point of the game because at one point this game will be finished and it need to be more professional looking and the early game have that " this is still a work in progress " feel to it
but yeah it will be really a shame if Selebus got in that vicious cycle
I don't doubt the importance or I would be totally against the idea. As for right now, that's the thing, there is plenty of opportunity at this point for the cycle that has led to so many games being abandoned to begin. I am in no way saying Selebus would, I just don't mess around when the prospect of this cycle gets involved.

We are still very far from the end of the game, so there is plenty of time for this to end up happening again and there is plenty of time for any one of these occurrences to turn into the cycle.

As much faith as I have in Selebus, it isn't infinite and that faith is not immune to worries based on previous experience.

Btw i know this is bit late to say but is it possible that Rin and Sensei are relatives?
i mean look at it although he has a lot of chances he never trys to bang her and the only other person that he dose a cute self cockblock is with Amy(yes i know there is Haruka and Sara but with them you get a second chance) and the only time they do something its Rin that start's it
No, I don't think so. So far, the only reason I can see that he hasn't done anything is because she wouldn't be the type to just lay down and take it and she currently swings toward the homosexual side of her bisexuality, not to mention how unstable she is right now. If there's one thing player Sensei does not want to do, it's to shoot himself in the foot. Losing even one girl would make his plan go up in flames and there is currently plenty of opportunity to lose Rin both as a romantic/sexual partner and in the sense where she ends up dead.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If they are, Sensei doesn't know it.

I think it's more likely that the reason Sensei isn't initiating is because of all the girls, she's the most fragile, so he's waiting for her to make the inevitable move.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Going through them all was fun, but I'm worried if the choice will matter later or not
The two
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
options immediately block off one of her scenes. I was surprised that didn't also happen with the
options, but I expect those will have a later impact instead.

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
wew so I can't just pick whatever I want then, guess i'll have to make a save at that choice in case it blocks off one of the events down the road.

Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
New update is amazing, even if it didn't advance the overarching story much. I'm interested in seeing whether the people who have been hating on Kirin feel differently about her after this update, or if they come away feeling vindicated, because I feel like it could honestly go either way depending on what you choose to focus on. Personally, she's quickly becoming one of my favorites and I would not have predicted that a few updates ago.
This update gave Kirin some much-needed depth, but yeah, it still reinforces that she's a terrible selfish human in the same way that Sensei is a terrible selfish human. Props to her for being very aware of it, though her justification for doing what she's done is....not good.

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
This update gave Kirin some much-needed depth, but yeah, it still reinforces that she's a terrible selfish human in the same way that Sensei is a terrible selfish human. Props to her for being very aware of it, though her justification for doing what she's done is....not good.
she doesn't need justification for what she does, she can just do it.

luckily it's usually funny.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You're in luck.

Happy belated halloween, everyone :) Remember: Digital piracy is not a victimless crime. Let's support our beloved dev; next public update will likely be around November 28.
Doing my part! I've been a supporter since my third day playing the game.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes