alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If a pause is caused by a sudden interruption, dashes (--) are used, not ellipsis (...). Someone's dialogue getting interrupted by a dinosaur would definitely get dashes.

Ellipses are used to denote omission, the speaker stopping to think, or trailing off mid-sentence without actual interruption. In the screenshot, Miku is having trouble focusing because of the massage, so the ellipsis is %100 correct.
Dashes are another way to do it, yes, but ellipses are considered a proper way to denote a pause, especially an abrupt one.

(...) is actually not supposed to be used as a pause but has become common practice due to the internet in the last 20 years to use it as such. English teachers still get upset if you use it that way and some dictionaries have been updating it to include the meaning of long pause thanks to general use over the last 20 years but is still completely incorrect in an academic stance.
This actually is the standard argument for Prescriptive Grammar(academic) vs Descriptive Grammar(common use).
using (...) as a pause is in the same wheel house as saying (R U OK) and (ain't) is correct. Is it understood, yes. Is it correct, no, but its correct enough to be understood. It's pretty neat really as if something exists LONG ENOUGH as Descriptive grammar it often ends up getting taught academically and BECOMES correct eventually.
Most literary tools have multiple uses. A comma can be used for a short pause or as a list separator while ellipses can be used for both a mid-sentence pause or an abrupt cut off.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I see that Selebus is remastering LiL's earlier scenes because he isn't happy with how they have played out. It has been awhile, but remembering back, I can't think of any major difference in quality then compared to now. I enjoyed LiL's first chapter. Can someone that understands where Selebus is coming from, fill me in on what the issues are that needs fixing?

Reactions: Toram Eldin

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
I see that Selebus is remastering LiL's earlier scenes because he isn't happy with how they have played out. It has been awhile, but remembering back, I can't think of any major difference in quality then compared to now. I enjoyed LiL's first chapter. Can someone that understands where Selebus is coming from, fill me in on what the issues are that needs fixing?
To summarize a few things Selebus has mentioned on the discord:

1. Some of the girls' sexual progression was rushed and the rework will spread that out a bit. The main girls affected will be Makoto, Futaba, and Ayane (her early scene in the bathroom is being cut, for instance). Selebus had thought that western audiences wouldn't be interested in an h-game that didn't have a decent amount of frontloaded sexual content, but now that the game is popular he can go back and make the progression more natural.

2. Many early scenes are not up to the same visual or writing standards that the game has been at since the project has become a full time job. For instance, some early scenes used character sprites on pre-rendered background images instead of full cg. I don't think anyone had a problem with it at the time, but if you go back to early events now it can be jarring after getting used to the modern images with good camera work, lighting, etc. There were also some visuals that were just kind of off, like mega Sana here.

Reactions: crustlord12

plop6868

Dec 2, 2018
I accidentally deleted a save for saying yes to sex with Maki, could someone tell me how to edit the save to change, please?

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
I loved the "fuck marry kill" event.

Because dramatic consequences and meaningful choices are fun :)
and its refreshing to have people dislike you in an environment where they mostly all do the opposite by default
(call it "the Yumi-Maya effect" or something).

Took my time playing the various options paths
Ended up choosing "Fuck Kirin, Marry Chika, Kill Noriko" because it seemed like the option
that would lead to the most dramatic consequences in the future and it is also what I would choose anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
Guide mod updated to 0.20.0p2.

Using a version of the mod that is older than your version of the game shouldn't cause any problems running the game (although no events newer than the mod will appear in event trackers). Using a version of the mod that is newer than your version of the game will cause the game to crash.

Features:

Changes (0.20.0p1):
* Additional keyboard shortcuts added
* The toggle completed events option now effects all trackers. Please let me know if you find any errors.

Note: I've removed the PDF guides as they've been superseded by the mod and haven't been looked at in months. If you don't wish to use the mod, the wiki linked to within the game should provide you with the same information.
update to 21.0p1?

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
I just read the PSA regarding the rework. This, IMHO, will be good, since it'll give me an excuse to restart the game and do Rin's event properly, as well as the event I missed during the first reset.

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
That was quite a strong update. Kirin made it so, and excessive use of pianomelancholy3.mp3 too :cry:. Damn, I'm happy that she had a chance to explain herself (and break a little), because seeing all that hate towards her was really sad. She was like one of my favourites before the threesome thing.

Noriko's part was cool too, which I honestly didn't expect, since I'm not too fond of her. But I think that's changing. I don't know why, but I literally was mesmerized when she started to reminisce in "Homes for the Homeless". There was something so bittersweet-dreamlike in that scene...

And what's really interesting are the changes in Sensei and his thoughts on this matter. God, I really like where all this is going.

Also "fuck-marry-kill" was amazingly done. I literally gasped when I saw that choice menu :oops:

Special for alex2011 (sorry, couldn't help it :ROFLMAO:):

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Guide mod updated to 0.20.0p2.
Small issue: Clobbering screens.rpy makes it so newer versions of the game don't show which girls have new events in the game's progress screens. Might want to try find a hook for your mod's screens so that doesn't happen.

Awesome mod though. Found it very helpful!

Reactions: moodle

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To summarize a few things Selebus has mentioned on the discord:

1. Some of the girls' sexual progression was rushed and the rework will spread that out a bit. The main girls affected will be Makoto, Futaba, and Ayane (her early scene in the bathroom is being cut, for instance). Selebus had thought that western audiences wouldn't be interested in an h-game that didn't have a decent amount of frontloaded sexual content, but now that the game is popular he can go back and make the progression more natural.

2. Many early scenes are not up to the same visual or writing standards that the game has been at since the project has become a full time job. For instance, some early scenes used character sprites on pre-rendered background images instead of full cg. I don't think anyone had a problem with it at the time, but if you go back to early events now it can be jarring after getting used to the modern images with good camera work, lighting, etc. There were also some visuals that were just kind of off, like mega Sana here.

He couldn't have been more wrong on what we westerners do and don't like. Yes, there are some that would rather get to the 'good part' fast, which is where the current progression would actually be of benefit to the game, but some of us do like it at a more natural pace. Still, those 'jumping the gun' moments gave us a look at who the characters that did that really are. I didn't realize it at the time when I first played, but going back, the bathroom scene with Ayane makes her look less like a 'anything for him' kind of girl and more like a girl who's scared that she'll lose him entirely if she doesn't come at him hard and fast. It shows insecurities that can come with that time of life extremely well.

The second part I agree with his assessment on. He was bound to improve enough for this to be an issue, he's just improved that much over the last year and a half.

I accidentally deleted a save for saying yes to sex with Maki, could someone tell me how to edit the save to change, please?
You probably shouldn't edit for that, you'd be risking corrupting the save entirely, which means going back to the beginning of the game.

I loved the "fuck marry kill" event.

Because dramatic consequences and meaningful choices are fun :)
and its refreshing to have people dislike you in an environment where they mostly all do the opposite by default
(call it "the Yumi-Maya effect" or something).

Took my time playing the various options paths
Ended up choosing "Fuck Kirin, Marry Chika, Kill Noriko" because it seemed like the option
that would lead to the most dramatic consequences in the future and it is also what I would choose anyway.

Not going to lie, I freaked out at this because my entire run is based on not making even a single mistake. One mistake and I start over. This event alone has the potential based on context to be the most challenging to get through for a run like mine because any one of those options could get me a red event.

update to 21.0p1?
He's waiting for the public release, so the closest it would get is 0.20.0 part 2.

That was quite a strong update. Kirin made it so, and excessive use of pianomelancholy3.mp3 too :cry:. Damn, I'm happy that she had a chance to explain herself (and break a little), because seeing all that hate towards her was really sad. She was like one of my favourites before the threesome thing.

Noriko's part was cool too, which I honestly didn't expect, since I'm not too fond of her. But I think that's changing. I don't know why, but I literally was mesmerized when she started to reminisce in "Homes for the Homeless". There was something so bittersweet-dreamlike in that scene...

And what's really interesting are the changes in Sensei and his thoughts on this matter. God, I really like where all this is going.

Also "fuck-marry-kill" was amazingly done. I literally gasped when I saw that choice menu :oops:

Special for alex2011 (sorry, couldn't help it :ROFLMAO:):
Hey, she brought all that on herself. However, yes, she did good here, I can't ignore that.

On Noriko, she's getting a bit better, but I wouldn't let my guard down around her.

That last part had me shaking, literally. I was afraid my run was coming to a more immediate end than I planned for. As I said above this reply, I do runs with a no tolerance policy regarding missed events, also no help allowed in my runs without a time crunch in real life, and every single choice seemed like it might do just that, mark an event red.

I would prefer not to restart until the rework, but this event may or may not force my hand.

The meme is hilarious, by the way. :ROFLMAO:

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
Hey, she brought all that on herself.
Yeah, of course. A lot of people brought some shit on themselves (Rin included and emphasized :)). It's just there's something... adorable? honest? desperate? I really can't come up with a word. Something in the way she openly admits her faults and completely realises that she is not a good person, but refuses to change herself due to selfishness (or something else), that attracts me to her. Something that tingles within me, something I can relate to. She really is far from a one-dimensional character, that why she is so interesting.

Does anyone know how to get the last Kirin's event called Made Out of Nothing?
It starts on Monday automatically (or any schoolday, I'm not sure).

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, of course. A lot of people brought some shit on themselves (Rin included and emphasized :)). It's just there's something... adorable? honest? desperate? I really can't come up with a word. Something in the way she openly admits her faults and completely realises that, but refuses to change herself due to selfishness, that attracts me to her. Something that tingles within me, something I can relate to.

It starts on Monday automatically (or any schoolday, I'm not sure).
Yep, as much as her obsession is to blame, Rin did bring some things on herself with the whole Molly thing. As for Kirin, it was cute until other girls started to get hurt by it.

Warboss

Apr 14, 2020
I haven't played since february and downloaded 0.20 part 2 the other day, but it doesn't feel like the game has advanced much since then in terms of sexual content. Most of the girls remain unavailable. Perhaps I've misunderstood what kind of game this is, or perhaps I'm just wrong.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes