barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
really makes you question the character of the OG Sensei, killing yourself because your girlfriend is pregnant? That's disappointing...
Killing yourself because your very-likely-underage girlfriend who is also your studnet is pregnant and you're probably going to be sent to prison or worse, you mean. At the time the time loop began, Maya was a first year high school student.

And yes, that sentence makes it very clear that the character of OG Sensei is pretty damned awful

Reactions: alex2011
Oct 7, 2020
Killing yourself because your very-likely-underage girlfriend is pregnant and you're probably going to be sent to prison or worse, you mean. At the time the time loop began, Maya was a first year high school student.
Doesn't that make it even worse? On top of fucking a highschool girl you're the teacher of you also traumatize her with your suicide AND literally abandon your unborn child in the process? If pre-loop sensei was gonna fuck up that hard the least he could do was take responsibility for his actions.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Doesn't that make it even worse? On top of fucking a highschool girl you're the teacher of you also traumatize her with your suicide AND literally abandon your unborn child in the process? If pre-loop sensei was gonna fuck up that hard the least he could do was take responsibility for his actions.
Yeah, it's bad. And MC Sensei doesn't appear to be much better. He all but threatens Ayane when he thinks she's going to JOKINGLY say that she's pregnant, and he's not kind to Ami when she wishes for his babies. The MC in this game is a shit human, both past and present. That much is abundantly clear.

Oct 7, 2020
Yeah, it's bad. And MC Sensei doesn't appear to be much better. He all but threatens Ayane when he thinks she's going to JOKINGLY say that she's pregnant, and he's not kind to Ami when she wishes for his babies. The MC in this game is a shit human, both past and present. That much is abundantly clear.
Yeah the part about drowning Ayane and her unborn child was kind of dark and I hope he was just joking with his internal monologue but you never know what with how he's acted before. I wonder why he's so terrified of children. Like, sure I understand that he probably realizes what he's doing is illegal, but so is killing the underage mother of your child. His fear seems to go beyond just not wanting to get thrown in prison.

I wonder if this is just some kind of hell for pre-loop sensei, watching someone steal your body and literally fuck everyone you were close to and constantly try to get closer to the woman you loved but being unable to do anything about it. All things considered, he deserves it, but the girls and Maya don't really deserve to be pawns in a game like that.

In most religions, suicide is a one-way ticket to hell, not even mentioning the fact that he had premarital sex and fucked an underage girl, since this game seems to rely on religious themes if this is hell it would make sense since pre-loop Sensei was a massive sinner, all things considered.

the_real_rs

May 7, 2019
Wow, so many rude people in this thread.

For people stuck on word of the day here are the answers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I just don't understand the mentality of some people who are rude. I know I wrote down the wrong thing when it told me to my first time in that event. I am sure people have done the same thing.

I really hope this helps people out.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Wow, so many rude people in this thread.

For people stuck on word of the day here are the answers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I just don't understand the mentality of some people who are rude. I know I wrote down the wrong thing when it told me to my first time in that event. I am sure people have done the same thing.

I really hope this helps people out.
Nobody actually checks the thread for the answer. They just ask again, and again, and again.

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Not supporting the host service is the reason why NoPy is shutting down... Just dropping this information. There is no free food, someone has to pay it whatever happens.

Mega's limits are a thing so people subscribe to their premium membership - and obviously, they aren't very good regarding quota limits enforcement, or more probably they allow it on purpose in order to let clever people download whatever they want and force the others (and the lazy ones) to pay for the premium account.

BTW, NoPy was, at most, at 8 MB/s for me, often only 1 MB/s - sometimes even AnonFiles was faster than NoPy... Mega is at 50 to 80 MB/s, sustained. There is no match between the two - at least where I live. NoPy was simply a pain in the ass each time I was forced to use it, and I'm not even speaking of its inability to resume failed downloads properly by itself without a download manager! It was so much annoying that I was forced to offload the download to my NAS... And it wasn't even working properly each time anyway. So I use Mega. I don't even need to offload that, unlike torrents or other slow transfer hosts/protocols.

Using the Mega client is fully transparent, it weights less than 150 MB on hard drive, less than 50 MB of RAM, and virtually NO CPU usage when not downloading. If your machine can't handle that, I wonder how it can handle a Ren'Py game, especially such a big one as LiL... :sneaky:
Using a VPN is perfectly efficient: I could hear that you don't know HOW to do it, or that you don't know which VPN you should use, or ANY other valid reason (including that you can't afford the fee), but claiming for non-efficiency is simply bad faith. And as I said, a VPN has other use cases than bypassing Mega's quotas...

Pay me a seedbox, and I swear that I'll put a torrent on it each time: I don't mind using five minutes of Internet connection to upload a file - I won't even notice it, honestly.

But I won't open up my own NAS to seed it, since most people here will NEVER EVER stay connected to seed it too, and Torrent is a very, very, VERY inefficient protocol when you have only one peer. The best solution would then be a FTP download, but then you'll probably complain about being "forced" to download FileZilla, too... :devilish: And I wouldn't open my NAS anyway even with FTP. There is some places on Internet where you should never give an access link to your own machines...

Warning: A decent seedbox WILL be more expensive than a premium Mega account AND a VPN plan... Because you pay for a given disk space AND for a given (monthly, usually) bandwidth. Being forced to wait for one month instead of five hours seems to be a bad choice, as far as I'm concerned, so it requires a medium/high-end seedbox.
A good one starts at 50 EUR / USD monthly, FYI.

End of discussion for me: I gave (once again...) the solution, but there are none so deaf as those who will not listen.
Nopy was NOT shutdown due to lack of paid support from users.. it was shutdown because payment processors would no longer handle our payments to them. You can easily see this for yourself, click this link. We didn't expect a free lunch.

Also we already have a user, RPDL, they are pre-seeding, and posting it in this thread. Which was a reply to the user that needed a mega-alternative.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
BREAK THE DAMN FUCKING FILE UP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TO POST OVER A 5 DAMN GB FILE! IT'S NOT ALLOWED ON MEGA! EITHER START USING FUCKING PATCHES OR BREAK THE DAMN FILE UP!
Such anger for a game you're getting for free. Perhaps you should step away and continue the download later. You'll burst a blood vessel if you're not careful.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
Noriko's third from the bottom on my list, the two below her are Kirin and Yumi in descending order. As for Sensei, I don't know what will happen, but it won't be good. I might still find that unpleasantness enjoyable considering who he is, though. At this point, I am of the belief that death is too good for him, he needs something far worse.
My bottom 3 are Ami is worst girl, then Yumi, then Kirin (and yet with Kirin it's a love/hate thing, I also like Kirin, she's just an awful person but in a way that I kind of still like her, she's a good character, awful person). Sensei is worst person overall.

there's a glob of "they exist" characters like Tsuneyo, Futaba, Miku, Maya, Touka, Yasu, Yuki, Niki, Makoto (weird that she and Futaba are main love interests but I just.. don't really care too much about them. it took Makoto killing herself for me to care at all about her), um.. Karate instructor girl and her girlfriend Wakana, I can't even remember her name, damn.

Characters I like but don't know enough about and wish I knew more, like Otoha, Uta, Kaori, Haruka, Nodoka, Maki, and especially Karin

Characters that I in general like but aren't my favorites like Sana, Sara (I was more affectionate about her but she seems to have kinda gotten ignored for awhile)

and characters I have a lot of affection for like Chika, Ayane, Noriko (within the last 2 updates really), Io, Molly, Rin

pawel101

Nov 16, 2018
Maya has indicated the resets happen roughly quarterly, and that THIS Sensei is the first one to make it through three resets, so this is the first time a Sensei has made it through a full year. Since the girls pretty much get a hard reboot when Sensei does, this means this is the first time that THEY have made it through a full year, too. So we honestly don't know if their ability to remember last year's beach/Halloween trips is abnormal because this is uncharted ground.

And when you start thinking of what could prompt Sensei to jump, Maya's standoffishness makes even more sense. We know of exactly one thinig that Sensei fears -- Pregnancy. If he found out Maya is pregnant, and tried to kill himself, and that's what prompted this whole loop, than this means Maya's been repeating the first trimester of a pregnancy for an uncounted amount of time. It's only natural that she'd be a bit resentful at this point.

And if you think the idea sounds far fetched: Maya eats for two pretty much any time she's depicted near food, and she's frequently depicted with a melon in place of a pregnancy belly.

There's not enough to say for certainty that this is what is going on, but there is enough to justify it being on the theory checklist.
You also forgot about Ayane making it to the roof. It's not explicitly said but it's pretty on the nose suggesting that the only reason she made it up there was because she was pregers. 100% sold on the Maya is perma pregs idea.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
You also forgot about Ayane making it to the roof. It's not explicitly said but it's pretty on the nose suggesting that the only reason she made it up there was because she was pregers. 100% sold on the Maya is perma pregs idea.
Yeah, that is kind of tangential to my point so I left it out on purpose, but I am %100 certain that Ayane was trying to tell Sensei she was pregnant, and lost the baby in the reset.

The exchange after they reset the world where Sensei asks how Ayane made it up there and Maya just flat out tells him its because he's horrible nails that for me. She knew why Ayane got there during a reset, because that's why SHE is up there every time. The part of sensei inside her is called to the point where it all began when ti's time to begin anew.

And that has some implications regarding Makoto, but Makoto did not appear during the reset proper, just during one of the last events prior to it, so that's not definitive.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Maya has indicated the resets happen roughly quarterly, and that THIS Sensei is the first one to make it through three resets, so this is the first time a Sensei has made it through a full year. Since the girls pretty much get a hard reboot when Sensei does, this means this is the first time that THEY have made it through a full year, too. So we honestly don't know if their ability to remember last year's beach/Halloween trips is abnormal because this is uncharted ground.

And when you start thinking of what could prompt Sensei to jump, Maya's standoffishness makes even more sense. We know of exactly one thinig that Sensei fears -- Pregnancy. If he found out Maya is pregnant, and tried to kill himself, and that's what prompted this whole loop, than this means Maya's been repeating the first trimester of a pregnancy for an uncounted amount of time. It's only natural that she'd be a bit resentful at this point.

And if you think the idea sounds far fetched: Maya eats for two pretty much any time she's depicted near food, and she's frequently depicted with a melon in place of a pregnancy belly.

There's not enough to say for certainty that this is what is going on, but there is enough to justify it being on the theory checklist.
That's honestly a pretty compelling theory. Lots of subtle hints towards it (which is 100% Selebus's style). Could also give some context to the images she sees during the Dorm War challenge and such. A+ theory work, barglenarglezous. I'm onboard with it :).

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I wonder if this is just some kind of hell for pre-loop sensei, watching someone steal your body and literally fuck everyone you were close to and constantly try to get closer to the woman you loved but being unable to do anything about it. All things considered, he deserves it, but the girls and Maya don't really deserve to be pawns in a game like that.
It's kinda hard to tell at times, he seems to be responsible for most of what goes wrong with the girls and their heartbreaks/anxieties...but you also have the whole thing with the USERS who seem to be guiding (in many ways forcing) him to do bad things.

But i don't think he's in hell per say, it seems to be more like purgatory, there's a chance at redemption a long way down the road, first he has to suffer for whatever sins he committed, and only after that can he show if he's changed or not.

There's a reason why further down the line Selebus has "Purity" and "Dark" routes planned for each of the girls (and you already have some choices now, comforting Ayane in bed when she's feeling down, being a good homie to Rin, etc...).

Oct 7, 2020
It's kinda hard to tell at times, he seems to be responsible for most of what goes wrong with the girls and their heartbreaks/anxieties...but you also have the whole thing with the USERS who seem to be guiding (in many ways forcing) him to do bad things.

But i don't think he's in hell per say, it seems to be more like purgatory, there's a chance at redemption a long way down the road, first he has to suffer for whatever sins he committed, and only after that can he show if he's changed or not.

There's a reason why further down the line Selebus has "Purity" and "Dark" routes planned for each of the girls (and you already have some choices now, comforting Ayane in bed when she's feeling down, being a good homie to Rin, etc...).
it's kind of sad that those routes will be so far down the line though since this game is gonna be in-dev for a couple more years. give me Makoto purity route reeee.

purgatory makes sense, just not at this current build of the game. We cannot redeem ourselves right now, and it looks to be getting worse (it always does before it gets better), right now we can only watch as the other USER(s) fuck shit up with the girls and act like monsters. When we get purity routes and all that though I'd agree it's closer to purgatory then to hell because then we can actually maybe have a chance at redemption, as of now though we are basically soft-locked into being terrible people.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019
Why everyone hates sensei ? Im ok with spoilers. Also thank you Selebus ,i've become obsessed with this game and cant play Swords of Legends online for 5 days XD :ROFLMAO: i just want to play this game and see every scene I played this game for 30 hours without sleeping, and it's really one of the most enjoyable VN I've ever played.no its probably best one.

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Why everyone hates sensei ? Im ok with spoilers.
Because Sensei's first instinct amongst a group of emotionally vulnerable underdevopled (emotionally) teenage girls was to exploit them for sex. And we are all extensions of Sensei, the worst predators imaginable exploiting young girls for pleasure when they are obviously not ready for it.

This game is about being happy.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes