alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Finally played the halloween update. While it was gross and horrible, if what he did to Molly was your breaking point with sensei then you're either a hypocrite or you haven't been paying attention.

Here's a quick list of the gross, awful things sensei has done or has been confirmed that he did (including during his old life)

- Being a teacher who has carried on sexual relationships with multiple teenaged, realistically underage students

- had sex with his niece and her best friend

- kissed Yumi against her will

- Led Chika to believe he loves her, progressed through a sexual relationship with her while keeping her under the impression that he is being monogamous

- Pressured Miku into sexual situations when she said no

- During the argument between Maya and Noriko on the beach, it was strongly implied that he had sex with Maya "6 years ago", which would make her, best case scenario, 12 (but almost certainly younger). This would have been prior to everyone being trapped in a loop.

And this is by no means an exhaustive list, not even close. I'm beginning to think the whole "user not available" thing is sensei's delusions to hide from the responsibility of the worst things he does. It would make sense if he were in purgatory or hell and just couldn't deal with actually being responsible for the things he had done.

All that said the realest, most heartbreaking part of that scene was Molly's text afterwards.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The whole scene was harsh and awful and frankly a good piece of writing, but it doesn't significantly change my opinion of sensei or Selebus.

I don't read this at this point because I'm rooting for the protagonist (I do feel horrible for Molly though), it's a psychological horror game and it's fulfilling that description in every sense of the word. Sensei's head is a horrifying place and the way Selebus plays with both his agency and that of the player does a very good job of mirroring what it's like to live with a mental illness. The good times are good, the bad times are super fucking dark.
I still haven't broken, but I am particularly pissed of at him for it, player Sensei I mean. Selelbus is going to have to do A LOT worse to break me. Who knows, I might just end up regretting saying that last part.

The Yumi kiss WAS NOT him, he was under the influence of some unknown power that even he remarked on in that scene. That particular part was VERY different than the others.

That last one on the beach actually makes a lot of sense considering the scene we see earlier in the game. While the scene had a fully grown Maya, that could have been his own mind replacing her actual appearance at the time with what she looks like now. Not to mention, from a technical standpoint, the restrictions Selebus is under because of Patreon.

No, that part doesn't significantly change my view of player Sensei and has only a positive effect on my view of Selebus. It was well written and deserves praise from a technical standpoint. It's only when you look at it from in universe that it's bad.

I agree on the fulfillment of its genre, this is an excellent Denpa game, I would even put it right up there with the games it takes inspiration from and am seriously considering whether this could take the throne as the king of all Denpa games. I am not kidding and I am not exaggerating when I say that, I mean every word. It is on track to fulfill that role.

I think Sensei will end up killing himself, That is how the story starts after all.
I've actually grown to kind of like Noriko, half the time I read her parts in this update and last I just want to hug her.
Though I feel that way about a lot of the girls here. I've gotten into a real Sensei, Kirin, and Ami hate vibe.
Noriko's third from the bottom on my list, the two below her are Kirin and Yumi in descending order. As for Sensei, I don't know what will happen, but it won't be good. I might still find that unpleasantness enjoyable considering who he is, though. At this point, I am of the belief that death is too good for him, he needs something far worse.

Ami was a massive bitch to Haruka in the public update, I'm still not sure I hold how she is entirely against her though
She's that way to anyone she sees as a threat to her 'love' for player Sensei, you can see it starting with every character's first invite scene.

BREAK THE DAMN FUCKING FILE UP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TO POST OVER A 5 DAMN GB FILE! IT'S NOT ALLOWED ON MEGA! EITHER START USING FUCKING PATCHES OR BREAK THE DAMN FILE UP!
Or just use the Drive links from his Patreon or SubscribeStar. I have had zero problem with those.

Are you sure about that? Has she revealed how many times the loop has repeated?

The loops have apparently been going on long before the current Sensei popped in. There was someone inhabiting the body before the current MC, and it doesn't seem to have been the original Sensei. Maya shows the fatigue of many, many perceptual years repeating the same year (well, half-year) over and over (and over). She has seen many hosts inhabiting Sensei, and if I remember correctly, most don't last very long.
If you think about it, there's a scene with Maya earlier in the game that could very easily be a representation of this sexual relationship. Now, obviously Selebus can't add a Maya that looks her age from six years ago due to Patreon, so current appearance Maya will have to do.

In response to Johlem and Alex:

Look at the LIL script and you will see there is not just 'affection' or 'lust' for the girls but also 'love' which is tracked but not told to the player.

I'm assuming this is more being tracked because of future updates he has talked about in his discord rather than it actually being fully implemented and tracked now.
I would agree with Jan on this, it sounds like a stat that isn't fully implemented, but is being tracked for future updates, when it will be fully implemented. Also, you might not want to rely on the 'she's not there, she won't find out' kind of logic because this game has been known to throw that out the window. Technically, the 'bad homie' thing in the first beach event happens without Rin even being there when you do the one Chika event that triggers it. It is also sort of hinted that she hasn't been talking to Chika about it, either, nor was Chika aware of the broken promise that leads to the bad homie path or she would have put a stop to the trigger right then and there before it even happened. That's just the kind of girl she is, extremely naive, but she cares about her friends.

What exactly is the Ayane bathroom scene that's being cut? It's been so long i can't even remember it.
It's the one at the very beginning of the game. Player Sensei goes to the bathroom, Ayane follows at some point and enters with some sexual things getting ready to happen before getting interrupted by other characters. Spoilers for directly stated details of the event, of course.

can somebody explain something to me? In the bluejay event, why is Makoto acting like that? Is there something going on with her we aren't privy to? What troubles her, or was it just a one-off event that God god made to fuck with us? Why does she kill herself?. Makoto is definitely my 2nd fav girl so it really bothered me, and I'm typically desensitized to this type of stuff. Only scene in the game that actually fucked with me for a while. I don't mind spoilers, if somebody could give me an explanation I would greatly appreciate it.
She seemed to have been overwhelmed by the pressure that comes with her being the teacher's pet of the class. She's always trying to assist Sensei with class and stuff like that, which does put pressure on a person, A LOT of pressure. She seemed to have cracked from that. As for the part where things don't go as they seem like they will, yeah, I think that might be one of the gods telling her she's not getting out of it so easily.

thanks for the clarification, it's interesting to know that there is this hidden stat, hoping it is an impact on the future, Now I wonder what my love points are with all the girls xd

I however made the choice
, but I missed the last Kirin event so I wonder if it is related.
Knowing how Selebus does things, it will definitely have an impact.

Oct 7, 2020
is that really enough for her to snap like that? she was acting like she just had a staring contest with the devil and lost all her will to live. I dont know how sensei didnt pick up on any of this either, I get he's a sociopathic asshole but he was acting borderline autistic with his inability to pick up social cues during the event. If Makoto did all that on her own without any pushing from mysterious omnipotent world-resetting external forces then does that mean in the current reset she's still suppressing all those feelings? I doubt a reset would have fixed any underlying long-term mental issues she has unless it was actually an act of god

Reactions: $@~ and alex2011

kasatik_spb

Jul 15, 2020
Hi!
Here is the Russian translation of Lessons in Love [v0.20.0 part 2].
This translation is "unofficial".

The link is: Here

Привет!
Это перевод на Русский язык визуальной новеллы Lessons in Love [v0.20.0 part 2].
Этот перевод является неофициальным.

Ссылка : Здесь

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
BREAK THE DAMN FUCKING FILE UP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TO POST OVER A 5 DAMN GB FILE! IT'S NOT ALLOWED ON MEGA! EITHER START USING FUCKING PATCHES OR BREAK THE DAMN FILE UP!

working around all of Mega's weirdness with VPN's and/or waiting 5 hours is a really a non-effective solution. Not to mention downloading the mega client. NOPY was amazing, and unfortutently NOPY is no more.

This is perfect use case for a torrent, and we have a RPDL who provides us with a fantastic, pre-seeded torrent.

See the quoted message below

Torrent: ( ) ❤

P.S - I am looking for a MacOS tester, if you'd be able to free up some time to help me debug please slide into my DMs :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: akselx and RPDL

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
can somebody explain something to me? In the bluejay event, why is Makoto acting like that? Is there something going on with her we aren't privy to? What troubles her, or was it just a one-off event that God god made to fuck with us? Why does she kill herself?. Makoto is definitely my 2nd fav girl so it really bothered me, and I'm typically desensitized to this type of stuff. Only scene in the game that actually fucked with me for a while. I don't mind spoilers, if somebody could give me an explanation I would greatly appreciate it.
I think it has to do with always giving too much and getting too little in return. Also, the man she idolised for so long turned out to be a leecher.

Reactions: alex2011

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
working around all of Mega's weirdness with VPN's and/or waiting 5 hours is a really a non-effective solution. Not to mention downloading the mega client. NOPY was amazing, and unfortutently NOPY is no more.
Not supporting the host service is the reason why NoPy is shutting down... Just dropping this information. There is no free food, someone has to pay it whatever happens.

Mega's limits are a thing so people subscribe to their premium membership - and obviously, they aren't very good regarding quota limits enforcement, or more probably they allow it on purpose in order to let clever people download whatever they want and force the others (and the lazy ones) to pay for the premium account.

BTW, NoPy was, at most, at 8 MB/s for me, often only 1 MB/s - sometimes even AnonFiles was faster than NoPy... Mega is at 50 to 80 MB/s, sustained. There is no match between the two - at least where I live. NoPy was simply a pain in the ass each time I was forced to use it, and I'm not even speaking of its inability to resume failed downloads properly by itself without a download manager! It was so much annoying that I was forced to offload the download to my NAS... And it wasn't even working properly each time anyway. So I use Mega. I don't even need to offload that, unlike torrents or other slow transfer hosts/protocols.

Using the Mega client is fully transparent, it weights less than 150 MB on hard drive, less than 50 MB of RAM, and virtually NO CPU usage when not downloading. If your machine can't handle that, I wonder how it can handle a Ren'Py game, especially such a big one as LiL... :sneaky:
Using a VPN is perfectly efficient: I could hear that you don't know HOW to do it, or that you don't know which VPN you should use, or ANY other valid reason (including that you can't afford the fee), but claiming for non-efficiency is simply bad faith. And as I said, a VPN has other use cases than bypassing Mega's quotas...

This is perfect use case for a torrent, and we have a RPDL who provides us with a fantastic, pre-seeded torrent.
Pay me a seedbox, and I swear that I'll put a torrent on it each time: I don't mind using five minutes of Internet connection to upload a file - I won't even notice it, honestly.

But I won't open up my own NAS to seed it, since most people here will NEVER EVER stay connected to seed it too, and Torrent is a very, very, VERY inefficient protocol when you have only one peer. The best solution would then be a FTP download, but then you'll probably complain about being "forced" to download FileZilla, too... :devilish: And I wouldn't open my NAS anyway even with FTP. There is some places on Internet where you should never give an access link to your own machines...

Warning: A decent seedbox WILL be more expensive than a premium Mega account AND a VPN plan... Because you pay for a given disk space AND for a given (monthly, usually) bandwidth. Being forced to wait for one month instead of five hours seems to be a bad choice, as far as I'm concerned, so it requires a medium/high-end seedbox.
A good one starts at 50 EUR / USD monthly, FYI.

End of discussion for me: I gave (once again...) the solution, but there are none so deaf as those who will not listen.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
In response to Johlem and Alex:

Look at the LIL script and you will see there is not just 'affection' or 'lust' for the girls but also 'love' which is tracked but not told to the player.

The thing referred to as love in the script files is affection. If you just read a line further down:
$ kirin_love += 1
$ noriko_love += 5

"{i}Noriko’s affection has increased to [noriko_love]!{/i}"
"{i}Kirin’s affection has increased to [kirin_love]!{/i}"
It's not a hidden stat, it's just Affection.
Does anyone know how to trigger Norikos "That one FMK Scene" event in the new update? I've tried everything....
You have to have seen her dorm event where she wears a qipao (Homes for the Homeless), then visit her at the convenience store at night.

Reactions: alex2011 and akselx

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
probably doesnt help that he treats her pretty poorly compared to how he treats futaba or chika tbh
Prior to the start of the game, Makoto was already under a lot of pressure.

1) She worked very hard to be the top student in the class, if not the entire school.
2) Was volunteering her time to assist Previous Sensei with classroom administration
3) She has all the keys, which means she's carrying quite bit of responsibility there.
4) She's helping Miku with her academics and PTSD
5) Working full time at the shop

When MC Sensei shows up and says "fuck being an adult," Makoto absorbs all the responsibilities he starts shirking, making this effectively another full time job for her. She gets virtually no support from Sensei, and she has to nag him about signing documents for student transfers, even though more girls in his class is exactly what he wants.

More students means more work for Makoto, by the way, so around the time of Bluejay she's ALSO having to compensate for the relatively recent arrival of Molly and Tsuneyo.

She had a crush on previous Sensei, and MC Sensei begins exploiting it, but rather than being the type of romance she probably would have been all-in on from the outset, he just wants to do pervy stuff with her and goes out of his way to make her uncomfortable at every opporunity. And when she finally decides she DOES want that kind of relationship with him, he denies her sex until she's a barely coherent drunk girl at a Halloween party.

She's working herself ragged to please him, and all he does is treat her like a fleshlight.

None of that has really changed post-reset, so I would think that yeah, she's still supressing those feelings.

But post-reset Makoto is a bit different. She calls him out repeatedly for his lack of gratitude, for one thing. She is standing up for herself in a way that she hadn't prior to jumping, so I think she got a mild rewire after that reset to make her stressors more manageable.

Reactions: alex2011 and moodle
Oct 7, 2020
Prior to the start of the game, Makoto was already under a lot of pressure.

1) She worked very hard to be the top student in the class, if not the entire school.
2) Was volunteering her time to assist Previous Sensei with classroom administration
3) She has all the keys, which means she's carrying quite bit of responsibility there.
4) She's helping Miku with her academics and PTSD
5) Working full time at the shop

When MC Sensei shows up and says "fuck being an adult," Makoto absorbs all the responsibilities he starts shirking, making this effectively another full time job for her. She gets virtually no support from Sensei, and she has to nag him about signing documents for student transfers, even though more girls in his class is exactly what he wants.

More students means more work for Makoto, by the way, so around the time of Bluejay she's ALSO having to compensate for the relatively recent arrival of Molly and Tsuneyo.

She had a crush on previous Sensei, and MC Sensei begins exploiting it, but rather than being the type of romance she probably would have been all-in on from the outset, he just wants to do pervy stuff with her and goes out of his way to make her uncomfortable at every opporunity. And when she finally decides she DOES want that kind of relationship with him, he denies her sex until she's a barely coherent drunk girl at a Halloween party.

She's working herself ragged to please him, and all he does is treat her like a fleshlight.

None of that has really changed post-reset, so I would think that yeah, she's still supressing those feelings.

But post-reset Makoto is a bit different. She calls him out repeatedly for his lack of gratitude, for one thing. She is standing up for herself in a way that she hadn't prior to jumping, so I think she got a mild rewire after that reset to make her stressors more manageable.
really makes you wonder what actually goes on in between resets, behind the scenes. A reset doesn't imply any changes to personality and whatnot since its literally just a reset, so I wonder what prompted such a mental rewiring.

Makoto is definitely my favorite girl barely behind Maya and it sucks to see her get the short end of the stick for all this shit tbh, I wish selebus could give her some justice or something, Sensei treats Chika great (and thats fine, I like her too), and even says she "sometimes feels like a real girlfriend" while Makoto works her ass off and gets literally nothing in return.

The way you put it makes sense, the Halloween party part makes sense too, it's really fucked that her first time was lost when she was barely conscious @ a Halloween party after being denied dozens of times prior. I didn't mind him playfully denying her but choosing that moment to deflower her was definitely fucked up, since she seems like the type of girl to value her relationship and the 'firsts' she has with Sensei (as he is a man she idolizes) and then he goes and does something like that.

Since you seem ahead in the story, do we get any more Makoto related content that's positive or happy or atleast neutral romantic or somewhat cute? I'll settle for anything besides treating her as a walking sex-dispenser, to be honest.

Last edited:

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
really makes you wonder what actually goes on in between resets, behind the scenes. A reset doesn't imply any changes to personality and whatnot since its literally just a reset, so I wonder what prompted such a mental rewiring.

Makoto is definitely my favorite girl barely behind Maya and it sucks to see her get the short end of the stick for all this shit tbh, I wish selebus could give her some justice or something, Sensei treats Chika great (and thats fine, I like her too), and even says she "sometimes feels like a real girlfriend" while Makoto works her ass off and gets literally nothing in return.

The way you put it makes sense, the Halloween party part makes sense too, it's really fucked that her first time was lost when she was barely conscious @ a Halloween party after being denied dozens of times prior. I didn't mind him playfully denying her but choosing that moment to deflower her was definitely fucked up, since she seems like the type of girl to value her relationship and the 'firsts' she has with Sensei (as he is a man she idolizes) and then he goes and does something like that.

Since you seem ahead in the story, do we get any more Makoto related content that's positive or happy or atleast neutral romantic or somewhat cute? I'll settle for anything besides treating her as a walking sex-dispenser, to be honest.
We've already seen signs that the repeated, unending resets are breaking down. People are remembering things they shouldn't, timetables aren't matching up, etc. As this reality slowly falls apart, I would guess that maybe an unexpected result of that is the girls would actually be able to grow and change, as opposed to being locked into the same events and reactions for years/decades/millennia (it's really scary to guess how long Maya has been at this to be the way she is).

Oct 7, 2020
We've already seen signs that the repeated, unending resets are breaking down. People are remembering things they shouldn't, timetables aren't matching up, etc. As this reality slowly falls apart, I would guess that maybe an unexpected result of that is the girls would actually be able to grow and change, as opposed to being locked into the same events and reactions for years/decades/millennia (it's really scary to guess how long Maya has been at this to be the way she is).
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Hopefully we do break out someday and hopefully Maya gets her Sensei back. It's a bummer that Makoto gets shafted in a 'good' Maya/Sensei ending though because she is not as independent of the resets as Maya/Current Sensei. Hopefully some of the closer (OG) main girls slowly start remembering more things.

This line of thinking reminds me of the Manhwa "Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon", the main character resets every time he dies but as the novel goes on more and more characters retain their memory through each loop as they interact with the main character more and more, then the plot gradually shifts to why the characters can remember and why the main character could reset at all and opens up the scale of the world with the introduction of these elements. I hope LiL takes this type of route tbh.

But the chances of a good ending in general, much less a good route for each girl seems slim but for games like these, I find that the possibility of a good (not bittersweet) ending after many hours of suffering makes the experience worth it. Bad endings just feel like getting kicked in the balls after crawling through glass.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If you just got to Bluejay, there is a bit more content for her, but the pattern is pretty consistent. Sensei only thanks her for all the things she does for him when prompted to, and he doesn't do a very good job of respecting her boundaries. She does, however, do a better job about voicing her desires and standing on her convictions to a point.

It should be noted that Makoto and Miku haven't gotten a lot of content since that reset. Makoto's character events show that there's only 6-7 events focused on her since then, and I think nearly all of them were tied to a single update that was focused on her and Miku. She has some scenes in the ensemble content, but isn't really the focus of any of them. 2021 has mostly been about introducing and developing the second floor girls, though, so this kind of makes sense. I think we'll see more content for her next year.

Reactions: alex2011 and moodle

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
With Makoto you are also missing that in the events leading up to bluejay she realises that she is trapped in Kumonmi both physically and metaphorically, she realises that despite all her potential she is likely to end up running the porn shop.

She is, you could say, a bird, perhaps even a blue one, trying to fly away....ohhohoho.

Oct 7, 2020
If you just got to Bluejay, there is a bit more content for her, but the pattern is pretty consistent. Sensei only thanks her for all the things she does for him when prompted to, and he doesn't do a very good job of respecting her boundaries. She does, however, do a better job about voicing her desires and standing on her convictions to a point.

It should be noted that Makoto and Miku haven't gotten a lot of content since that reset. Makoto's character events show that there's only 6-7 events focused on her since then, and I think nearly all of them were tied to a single update that was focused on her and Miku. She has some scenes in the ensemble content, but isn't really the focus of any of them. 2021 has mostly been about introducing and developing the second floor girls, though, so this kind of makes sense. I think we'll see more content for her next year.
thats a shame, I'm not sure if I'll like the new girls since I just got to that part, they're set to come in 'this week' as of my writing this now. I'm glad Makoto is more open about her desires though, I hope she ends up not liking Sensei anymore, I just want to see her have a happier end than being tied to someone like current Sensei, to be honest.

With Makoto you are also missing that in the events leading up to bluejay she realises that she is trapped in Kumonmi both physically and metaphorically, she realises that despite all her potential she is likely to end up running the porn shop.

She is, you could say, a bird, perhaps even a blue one, trying to fly away....ohhohoho.
true, still pissed off with how sensei handled it though. It must be rough for the girls (even the ones that are oblivious to the resets) because of the space-war and kumon-mi being locked tight.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Maya has indicated the resets happen roughly quarterly, and that THIS Sensei is the first one to make it through three resets, so this is the first time a Sensei has made it through a full year. Since the girls pretty much get a hard reboot when Sensei does, this means this is the first time that THEY have made it through a full year, too. So we honestly don't know if their ability to remember last year's beach/Halloween trips is abnormal because this is uncharted ground.

And when you start thinking of what could prompt Sensei to jump, Maya's standoffishness makes even more sense. We know of exactly one thinig that Sensei fears -- Pregnancy. If he found out Maya is pregnant, and tried to kill himself, and that's what prompted this whole loop, than this means Maya's been repeating the first trimester of a pregnancy for an uncounted amount of time. It's only natural that she'd be a bit resentful at this point.

And if you think the idea sounds far fetched: Maya eats for two pretty much any time she's depicted near food, and she's frequently depicted with a melon in place of a pregnancy belly.

There's not enough to say for certainty that this is what is going on, but there is enough to justify it being on the theory checklist.

Oct 7, 2020
Maya has indicated the resets happen roughly quarterly, and that THIS Sensei is the first one to make it through three resets, so this is the first time a Sensei has made it through a full year. Since the girls pretty much get a hard reboot when Sensei does, this means this is the first time that THEY have made it through a full year, too. So we honestly don't know if their ability to remember last year's beach/Halloween trips is abnormal because this is uncharted ground.

And when you start thinking of what could prompt Sensei to jump, Maya's standoffishness makes even more sense. We know of exactly one thinig that Sensei fears -- Pregnancy. If he found out Maya is pregnant, and tried to kill himself, and that's what prompted this whole loop, than this means Maya's been repeating the first trimester of a pregnancy for an uncounted amount of time. It's only natural that she'd be a bit resentful at this point.

And if you think the idea sounds far fetched: Maya eats for two pretty much any time she's depicted near food, and she's frequently depicted with a melon in place of a pregnancy belly.

There's not enough to say for certainty that this is what is going on, but there is enough to justify it being on the theory checklist.
really makes you question the character of the OG Sensei, killing yourself because your girlfriend is pregnant? That's disappointing...

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes