moodle

Nov 26, 2016
thanks, is it better now?
Definitely, thanks.
maybe ive missed the comment that explains why the game is removing sexual content. but the game had little of that anyway, so at this point it's a sex video game in a sex game website that doesn't contain sex XD
Patreon got mad at Selebus because of the incest and young characters, so the version available through Patreon will now be without sexual content. The versions available through other means (itch, SubscribeStar, the gamepass) will continue to be NSFW.
So when is the nsfw version gonna update to 21.5?
Never. From now on, both NSFW and SFW versions will update in parallel, and the next update will be .21 part 2, releasing to supporters on January 15 and to everyone else probably at the end of January or February 1 latest.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
And then noticed that dev also want to rework early game. *Sigh* i know you guys also sick of people who reworking unfinished games, stalling all further progress and making game basically die. But with how consistent dev has been, maybe it won't end this way here.
I don't think game will die. Dev already laid out precisely what needs to be worked on and how long that'll take :)

Reactions: Anam0rf

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Wow, I don't have a clue what is going on with this game, but for sure I'm not starting over. There wasn't much sexual content to begin with. Compared to other games hardly any. But to think its getting reworked so as to not have sexual content in a already tame game is a joke. Think this is where I get off this bus. For the patreons that screw it for the rest :poop: eat shit.
Why do people make assumptions without doing their research, whether it be antivaxers or whatnot? I just don't get it.

For your information, no sexual content is going away. And what do you mean this game was "tame?" Subeles specifically stated that this game is made for plot, not where you can fuck a bimbo every 5 seconds (that's Arc's corrupted kingdom)? Please do you research instead of making unfounded assumptions and telling people to eat shit :)

Also, there's more than twenty sex scenes. How's that "hardly any" compared to other games? Which games are you referring to in the first place?

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
Did patreon site got bonked for nsfw content thus they limiting creator freedom? That's a big shame since it affect nsfw creator... I hope selebus subeles can do well in update for both version. Maybe this is something like nasuverse. A battle of horrible mc between NSFW and SFW.

Reactions: Macgamer

Revelry

Dec 4, 2018
Hey Subeles

! I just wanted to say this is my favorite visual novel ever played, and very high up in the best stories I've ever experienced in general. I love the world and characters so much I would die for them :) Please keep teaching me your lessons of love. I'll fail your tests again and again to stay in class. I wish I could be in Kumon-mi... Live in the cycle. I'd want to have my memory erased so I can live this life over and over again. Accept the main character doesn't have this luxary. Neither does Maya. I'm sorry Maya.... Being a normal teenage girl in such a world must be very hard. If I could I'd let you inside my body, and I would go inside you. We could switch places. But wait. Then, the protag-kun would be sad.. At least I hope he'd be sad. If wasn't sad if Maya switched bodies I would need an option to kill myself in the game, that deletes all saves. That would be shameful. A life unworth living. Protag-kun may be scum.. But he's the scum still drifting at the top of the pool. There's still a chance someone might use one of those pool skimmers to take him out and live a good life. Maya deserves to be cared about.

I rant. Thank you Subeles. I'm in love with you. At least that part of your brain that contains Maya. Keep writing, and take care of your health! If you suddenly died I would be like Makoto end of chapter 1... And I don't think this world has a reset. But then there is only one way to find out..... Haha! Jk. I could never find out cause my memory would be erased.

I am very poor right now. But I will subscribe to your subscribe star soon. Not because I care about any of the benefits but to pay for your food. Make sure you save some! You never know when disaster could strike. You need to make sure you have enough money to live and keep writing in that situation.

If Maya needs a kidney let me know. I will give mine so she can keep living inside of your brain. Talk later.

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
To summarise everything again since I see there are a lot of people here confused about the Patreon version and whether or not you need to switch to SubscribeStar to get the proper version.

In short, Selebus has ended development of the proper game and is creating a SFW version exclusively for Patreon, called "The Legend of the Huggy Boy".
A completely legally distinct and unaffiliated person called Subeles will be taking over the development of the proper game in all its g(l)ory for SubscribeStar, Annual Pass Holders, and itch.io. Subeles has also said he will be creating a patch for the Patreon version to restore it to the proper version, probably hosted on the Lessons in Love wiki, which is of course completely against Selebus's wishes as legally required by Patreon.
Both versions will continue to get updated at the regular 2-week schedule, starting from the 15th of January.

So in other words, if you support the game via SubscribeStar or the annual pass, nothing will change. If you support the game via Patreon, you'll need to download a patch. If you pirate it here, once again nothing will change since the main post will have the proper version.

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
thanks, is it better now?
Hmm, I still think putting it like this might be confusing for new players, since having them listed besides one another might make them think the SFW and NSFW versions are the same game just with sex scenes removed, which they are not. The SFW version also has all optional content (headpats, replays, etc...) removed, and, more importantly, the entire script has been altered to remove the core story and replace it by short jokey content instead. It's not supposed to be a "proper" version, it's a joke version to highlight the negative effects of censorship.
I think placing the SFW version in a spoiler tag might better indicate that this is not the version the dev advises you to play, and is just a "spin-off" as it were.

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
I am so lost right now so should I play this version or not ?
Are you up to date on the latest NSFW version (0.21.0 Part 1)? Then no, as it contains no new content.
Are you not up to date on the latest NSFW version (0.21.0 Part 1)? Then go play that one instead, since it contains new content.
Do you want to see a completely non-canon joke version criticising Patreon's censorship? Then knock yourself out.

counterfeitcat

Jun 16, 2020
To summarise everything again since I see there are a lot of people here confused about the Patreon version and whether or not you need to switch to SubscribeStar to get the proper version.

In short, Selebus has ended development of the proper game and is creating a SFW version exclusively for Patreon, called "The Legend of the Huggy Boy".
A completely legally distinct and unaffiliated person called Subeles will be taking over the development of the proper game in all its g(l)ory for SubscribeStar, Annual Pass Holders, and itch.io. Subeles has also said he will be creating a patch for the Patreon version to restore it to the proper version, probably hosted on the Lessons in Love wiki, which is of course completely against Selebus's wishes as legally required by Patreon.
Both versions will continue to get updated at the regular 2-week schedule, starting from the 15th of January.

So in other words, if you support the game via SubscribeStar or the annual pass, nothing will change. If you support the game via Patreon, you'll need to download a patch. If you pirate it here, once again nothing will change since the main post will have the proper version.
So the normal NSFW version will still be updated on itch?

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
I like the game quite a bit, but my buddy Keith said that if you wanted to sell the objection joke in the beginning, you should've put the blue background shit.

Reactions: Leo-67
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes