Irradiant

May 13, 2019
Have the consequences for using cheats been implemented yet? Because I wanna use them at some point but I also don't wanna see what those consequences are since I have a good idea of what it'll be 'cause Lessons in Love is different from other Koikatsu-type VNs I have played

Last edited:

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
To the same degree a narcissist like Kirin can treat others without a shred of empathy, she can feel absolutely singular in her ability to hurt.

She can be thought of as a person who has just as much empathy as anyone else, but has applied it all to herself
(tenuously and, unbeknownst to her, conditionally).

Sensei (as an even more predatory narcissist... among other things) is her only fellow traveler, and as the primary object of attraction for so so many girls, he is the perfect source of 'supply'.

Through the adoration of the other girls his opinion is confirmed to 'matter', and through interaction with him Kirin can also 'matter'.

More accurately, 'Kirin' can continue to exist. Not that girl that hates herself and is afraid of everything- most of all her own weakness and the hurt that accompanies the emotional intimacy with other people.

With so much at stake, it makes much more sense why Kirin will continue to degrade herself sexually to try and stay in Sensei's good graces.

Anyway; his putdown would have hurt her very much, she would have tried to devalue him but failed, and then she would attempt her 'seduction' with a vengeance . Likely leading to disaster as she would probably assume she was 'too boring' instead of the actual reason in-game Sensei would be mad at her: 'she was jeopardizing my fucking underage harem with her risk taking and open provocation in front of Noriko' . Sensei more or less says this second part if you choose to 'Kill' her in the game.

I don't think Sensei is considered a narcissist, he talks down on himself multiple times within the game, calling himself pathetic and what not.

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
Have the consequences for using cheats been implemented yet? Because I wanna use them at some point but I also don't wanna see what those consequences are since I have a good idea of what it'll be 'cause Lessons in Love is different from other Koikatsu-type VNs I have played

Not at the moment. But it tags you, so you can assume it will in the future.

Reactions: Irradiant

useryep

Sep 12, 2021
I can't tell if I'm missing something or my save is bugged but I can't seem to progress the main story.

I triggered the beach event and completed up to "My Heart is Full". I completed "My Heart is Full" and the game abruptly transitioned into Makoto's "Semblance of a Soul" which I had not experienced yet.

When "Semblance of a Soul" finished, the beach event did not pick up with the next part in the quest chain. Instead I'm back to the normal day cycle of the game. The wiki says "Extra French Fries" is not skippable and is next in the chain, but I cannot get it to trigger. I'm assuming this is a bug because the beach event states the quest chain plays in succession across 2 in game days, but Mokoto's lust event seems to have interrupted the chain? Or maybe I'm just dumb and am missing something.

Has anyone else encountered this?

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I can't tell if I'm missing something or my save is bugged but I can't seem to progress the main story.

I triggered the beach event and completed up to "My Heart is Full". I completed "My Heart is Full" and the game abruptly transitioned into Makoto's "Semblance of a Soul" which I had not experienced yet.

When "Semblance of a Soul" finished, the beach event did not pick up with the next part in the quest chain. Instead I'm back to the normal day cycle of the game. The wiki says "Extra French Fries" is not skippable and is next in the chain, but I cannot get it to trigger. I'm assuming this is a bug because the beach event states the quest chain plays in succession across 2 in game days, but Mokoto's lust event seems to have interrupted the chain? Or maybe I'm just dumb and am missing something.

Has anyone else encountered this?
I think this is the same bug that someone experienced a little while ago, where the Content Restored patch of the censored version doesn't have jump statements at the end of the scene. You can fix this by playing on the .21.0 version instead of patching the .21.5 version.

Subeles makotoinnx also needs a jump at the end.

useryep

Sep 12, 2021
I think this is the same bug that someone experienced a little while ago, where the Content Restored patch of the censored version doesn't have jump statements at the end of the scene. You can fix this by playing on the .21.0 version instead of patching the .21.5 version.

Subeles makotoinnx also needs a jump at the end.
Thanks for the quick response, that was exactly the problem. I added
Code:
jump beachvacation4
to the end of the makotoinnx label and it's now ignoring the other event that was triggering and interrupting the sequence.

Does this project have a github or is this closed source? if it's as simple a fix as editing innapropriatecontent.rpy like I did for my patch then I can open a pull request.

Reactions: moodle

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
Sensei has so much shit wrong with him it'd take a while to unpack comprehensively.

In short;

He definitely is narcissistic even if sometimes he denigrates himself and does not suffer from grandiosity.

Lying to/emotionally manipulating everyone is just fine to him.
He generally experiences only negative emotionality, even if he telegraphs differently to others.
Most damningly, he absolutely aschews emotional connection and intimacy (when he tells Ami how much he cares for her at her parents' grave player Sensei asks something like 'who is saying this?' ) and does not want to care about others.

Sometimes he is also impulsive and psychopathic (when under the influence of... one of the gods or something).
And of course (ignoring the 'why this happens' of the plot) he suffers from horrible hallucinations, distorted thoughts, and has been shown to fully misinterpret what someone is saying (IE the Yumi event on the second beach trip).

I should also say that his believing himself to inhabit the body of someone else sets him up for the narcissistic condition, just by itself.

Think of Sensei's reincarnation in LIL as through the lens of the 'false self' of a narcissist.

Created to distance the true self from the possibility of hurt, the callous false self goes on to predate and (intentionally or not) harm the lives of anyone who associates with it.

It should be mentioned that even when he is told by Maya he really might be 'himself', he still goes on to treat everyone parasitically.
He treats them as existing more or less for his entertainment, even if this is not in a sexual sense.

Of course, he still justifies his predation. Very few people want to be evil.

But Sensei is more than just that.
There is some portion of good that is being suppressed somehow, by some mechanism.
You see it try to poke out every now and then...

I have a feeling it will be a very long time before we see that other voice Sensei's 'good' side in control...

Last edited:

socksguy

Jun 17, 2020
Does the sex version need and uncensored patch?
I'm still trying to figure this out, too. The LewdPatcher patch is for version 0.21.5 so it won't work with the full sex version. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work with the 0.21.5 version either, since I still am not getting lewd scenes in that version even with the patch applied. Something's not right.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Why do you think the version with sex would need an uncensor patch, i.e., A patch to restore the cut content to the sfw version. The content that hasn't been cut from the sex version because it has sex in it.

I am fascinated by the thought process here.

socksguy

Jun 17, 2020
Why do you think the version with sex would need an uncensor patch? A patch to restore the cut content from the sfw veesion. The content that hasn't been cut from the sex version because it has sex in it.

I am fascinated by the thought process here.
Because the patch is on the LewdPatcher site. That typically means it has content that is not shared directly on f95zone.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Because the patch is on the LewdPatcher site. That typically means it has content that is not shared directly on f95zone.
For clarification, anything on LewdPatcher is redundant with the NSFW version of LiL v0.21.5. In fact, using LewdPatcher may break SFW version of LiL v0.21.5. This is because LewdPatcher is meant to be used on SFW version of LiL v0.21.5, NOT NSFW version of LiL v0.21.5.

Reactions: monk_56

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
For clarification, anything on LewdPatcher is redundant with the NSFW version of LiL v0.21.5.
First of all, there is no NSFW version 0.21.5. 0.21.0 is the NSFW version, with 0.21.5 being the SFW version.

Secondly, that's not quite right either. There is the old "Happy patch" on LewdPatcher that restores loli content, in which Tsukasa's towel is removed in the hot springs scene. That one is still required even on the NSFW version, though it might be included by default in the future given that Subeles now doesn't need to keep Patreon restrictions in mind. We'll have to see next update though.

socksguy

Jun 17, 2020
First of all, there is no NSFW version 0.21.5. 0.21.0 is the NSFW version, with 0.21.5 being the SFW version.

Secondly, that's not quite right either. There is the old "Happy patch" on LewdPatcher that restores loli content, in which Tsukasa's towel is removed in the hot springs scene. That one is still required even on the NSFW version, though it might be included by default in the future given that Subeles now doesn't need to keep Patreon restrictions in mind. We'll have to see next update though.
Exactly this, and the "Happy Patch" does not work with 0.21.0 and was strangely made for the 0.21.5 version. If you apply the "Happy Patch" to the 0.21.5 version, you don't get any error messages, so I can only assume it's working. It's basically restoring loli content that you can't see because it's the SFW version of the game. The SFW version doesn't have the content removed, it just prevents the player from seeing it with a black screen that says "THERE IS NOTHING HERE" or something to that effect.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Exactly this, and the "Happy Patch" does not work with 0.21.0 and was strangely made for the 0.21.5 version. If you apply the "Happy Patch" to the 0.21.5 version, you don't get any error messages, so I can only assume it's working. It's basically restoring loli content that you can't see because it's the SFW version of the game. The SFW version doesn't have the content removed, it just prevents the player from seeing it with a black screen that says "THERE IS NOTHING HERE" or something to that effect.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Reactions: socksguy

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
Exactly this, and the "Happy Patch" does not work with 0.21.0 and was strangely made for the 0.21.5 version.
Are you sure about this? I just downloaded a fresh copy of 0.21.0, applied the patch, and everything worked fine when I replayed that event. All it does is overwrite some images with uncensored ones, so I don't even see how it can fail. Are you certain you unpacked it correctly and your computer asked to overwrite files? Because if it didn't do this you messed up.

Not that any of this matter right now since the patch seems to have been taken offline off MEGA, so unless you have a local copy of the files (like I do) discussion regarding this patch is a moot point.

fadeadhorse

Aug 9, 2020
Not sure where to report typos, but on Tsuneyo's event "Fucking ...or whatever it means to live" Uta says she's always wanted to be a little sister and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say older sister.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes