alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The way music copyright works, it's possible it's done in a completely-legal way.

DMCA takedowns are targeted at specific recordings. The Cohen estate (or whoever they have managing song rights) can tag Leonard Cohen's recording of the song on Youtube, but not any of the multitude of covers that have been recorded over the years. Each recording of the song is its own copyright, and that recording's copyright owner would handle that (if they care).

Once a song is released, you don't need permission to record and distribute your own cover of the song. The publisher is entitled to a royalty as rights to the mechanical aspects of the song (melody, note progression, lyrics), but they cannot issue a takedown over it unless all other attempts to collect that royalty have failed.

There may very well be a musician who recorded the song as an instrumental piece and released it to the world as an open license.

Or, ever safer for Selebus, he could have comissioned a recording from someone specifically for this purpose. This way, the royalty burden is on the musician (and would likely have been figured into the commision's cost), and there's no murkiness to navigate. Frankly, if I were developing a game, this is how I would handle the entire soundtrack.
It's possible, but most bots take a sample of the work and match it to the recording in question. If the recording has enough similarities to prove positive according to the bot, it issues a DMCA. Unfortunately, this has plagued many YouTube uploaders for the last few years that have been well within the safety of fair use. That and YouTube doesn't challenge DMCAs, even if not valid, so take downs occur even when the cover is perfectly valid. There have even been recent cases where people got DMCAed for their own work, literally being so good during a live stream that they got too close to the official MV and the YouTube bot detected it as a violation, which is both unfortunate and hilarious that they were able to fool the bot like that.

As far as how I would handle it, I would use my own work to avoid the threat entirely. The bots can't DMCA what I own exclusively and have never released, which also means no covers exist of it. Of course, that's just how I do things, I don't like to leave things up to other people in my own projects, I like to be directly involved in everything I have the skills to be a part of.

Sel probably brought

Should I be concerned?
Why be concerned? There's nothing here but HOPE and HOPE is a good thing, isn't it? :devilish:

Zorf

May 8, 2017
Am I playing this game wrong? I have thousands of days completed and hundreds of affection per girl and I'm still missing events, and every new update it takes me forever to hunt down what triggers the events. I've used the event information in the game menu to find which girls have missing events, but even those only lead me so far.

Is there a better way than just skipping over day after day and hoping to randomly hit the right event sequence to trigger an event?

edit: seems like i'm stuck trying to trigger three amigos.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Am I playing this game wrong? I have thousands of days completed and hundreds of affection per girl and I'm still missing events, and every new update it takes me forever to hunt down what triggers the events. I've used the event information in the game menu to find which girls have missing events, but even those only lead me so far.

Is there a better way than just skipping over day after day and hoping to randomly hit the right event sequence to trigger an event?

If the issue is getting stuck, practically everything is a web of cause and effect, so you may be missing an event that causes further progress through others and it may be a cascade effect where you need one event which needs another and then that one needs another, none of which are unlocked. You could try looking at the wiki, which has triggers on each event page assuming the page is up to date.

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
DMCA takedowns are targeted at specific recordings. The Cohen estate (or whoever they have managing song rights) can tag Leonard Cohen's recording of the song on Youtube, but not any of the multitude of covers that have been recorded over the years. Each recording of the song is its own copyright, and that recording's copyright owner would handle that (if they care).
Except that Cohen is also the songwriter of "Hallelujah", meaning that no matter who covers the song his estate (or the ones managing the rights) have copyright on every cover of it. That being said it's extremely likely that the rightholders allow for people to cover the song in a way that makes commercial exploitation possible, and that they just gain royalties on every sale of said cover. Selebus likely found and purchased a commercial license for one of these.

Considering a cover of "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" by Ryuichi Sakamoto appears in this update as well he probably did the same thing there as well.

Reactions: alex2011

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
lol Sweet home Alabama, when its finally not remembered in the context of incest. also incorrect as Alabama is not even in the top ten with its ~68% compared to states such as Maine's ~98%. (still 100% cousins tho)
Imani is from Ghana though and likely doesn't know in-depth statistics about the demographic make-up of US states, knowing Alabama only from pop culture. Characters can be wrong.

Reactions: alex2011

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Why did the dev stop doing upgrade patches? I don't mind using the torrent but it was easier before with just keeping the game folder and adding a few hundred megabytes to it each each month.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Three Amigos triggers automatically on Thursday once all content from the previous update is completed.

The most common culprit is Sara events, since there's one that happens AFTER Three Amigos, and the Progress tab only tells you which category of events are available, not how many within that category, the two Sara events from the previous update might "hide" if you rely only on that tab. Go into the Side Girls menu and check your Sara events. If there's more than one incomplete event, resolve those, then Three Amigos will trigger on the next Thursday.

Reactions: moodle

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Why did the dev stop doing upgrade patches? I don't mind using the torrent but it was easier before with just keeping the game folder and adding a few hundred megabytes to it each each month.
When Selebus had to take out the content that offended Patreon, he had to rework the file structure completely. As a result, NOBODY got an update patch for 21p2.

Patrons did get one for 22. When the update patch appeared here, it was because the person who leaked it put it here. If it didn't appear as part of the leak, it's because the person who leaked it wants you to suffer.

Reactions: moodle

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
When Sensei returns from the boiler room, Yasu is the background, but unlike how things usually go, she does not constantly change where she is in the shot in a comedic fashion. I kept expecting her to turn and face the camera but she never did... :( too glued to the karaoke machine.

Edit: yeah ok, after finishing the new content i get why she didn't do her usual shtick.

Last edited:

kylmeny

Jun 24, 2017
Is there a guide for all the important choices in the game and their effects?

I.e. not doing Schadenfreude with Chika before the beech event etc.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Is there a guide for all the important choices in the game and their effects?

I.e. not doing Schadenfreude with Chika before the beech event etc.
IIRC, that's the only one whose actual consequence we've seen.

If you aren't sleeping with Sara, the most recent happy scene doesn't trigger, but there hasn't been an in-game consequence either way (I think Sana freaks out even if you aren't).

Sleeping with Ami changes some dialogue, but that's about it.

I suspect both of those will become more relevant as the game progresses, but so far, no major consequence to either.

Reactions: kylmeny

FrostHunt

Feb 23, 2020
At least for me that was a bug in the update only file. To fix it, just go into the "game" folder and find the file "c2Script.rpy", use control-f to search for "bonus = True" there should be only one instance. Add another "=" in there so it becomes "bonus == True" and it should work fine.
Aight Thanks, gonna try that now.

Evil Surgeon

Apr 8, 2021
I fucking hate Selebus. He almost made me cry like a little bitch in this update.

After all the darkness it's just too heartbreaking to read something relatively positive.

yasusings ftw :oops:
Well, hey.. I'm a grown ass man in my 40s now and he manages to make me shed some tears. So, yeah.. I feel your pain. :LOL:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
IIRC, that's the only one whose actual consequence we've seen.

If you aren't sleeping with Sara, the most recent happy scene doesn't trigger, but there hasn't been an in-game consequence either way (I think Sana freaks out even if you aren't).

Sleeping with Ami changes some dialogue, but that's about it.

I suspect both of those will become more relevant as the game progresses, but so far, no major consequence to either.
Actually, there are two that I can think if off the top of my head that trigger off of player choices. There's the obvious one, Schadenfreude, but there's also a later one with Karin. It isn't in the same format, where the trigger is doing an event, but instead is formatted as a choice that choosing the wrong one, the morally right one, will upset Karin like Schadenfreude does Rin.

I fucking hate Selebus. He almost made me cry like a little bitch in this update.

After all the darkness it's just too heartbreaking to read something relatively positive.

yasusings ftw :oops:
That means he's doing a great job at making the story.

Well, hey.. I'm a grown ass man in my 40s now and he manages to make me shed some tears. So, yeah.. I feel your pain. :LOL:
Almost 29, same here, this game has its moments.

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
Actually, there are two that I can think if off the top of my head that trigger off of player choices. There's the obvious one, Schadenfreude, but there's also a later one with Karin. It isn't in the same format, where the trigger is doing an event, but instead is formatted as a choice that choosing the wrong one, the morally right one, will upset Karin like Schadenfreude does Rin.
There's another one I can remember: The Happy Event "Turn Off The Lights" doesn't trigger if you refuse to finger Ami, meaning you can miss that one way in advance.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes