barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I do distinctly remember Yasu saying that her god will awaken when the winter will end, so I assume that ch 3 will lead directly to dark route or even start it.
There's also Maya's arc over the last year. Especially starting from the dorm war scene.

She now knows that she's as vulnerable to being rebooted as Sensei is, and there's been a tinge of panic in her lines about now knowing the rules anymore.

When she asked Sensei to take her out towards the end of the most recent update, I didn't read it as her finally coming to terms with this Sensei being HER Sensei. I read it the same way I'd read a convicts request for a steak dinner the night before their execution. She is afraid that she won't come out of this reset unharmed.

Maya is the mentor archetype. Without her, Sensei has to navigate the resets alone, and honestly lacks the maturity to do so. If Maya DOES reboot at the end of this reset like she's afraid will happen, a dark path is all but guaranteed.

Reactions: akselx and m4pII

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I know the MC is an asshole, but the event with Molly after Halloween is a whole new level.
For the first time in the entire game, I held down the Ctrl button. He's really disgusting.

I can't even imagine a more or less good ending for Sensei given his actions throughout the game.
It will be either a complete reset or no reset, where he will have to face the devastating consequences of his decisions.
Our opinions on this scene differ greatly. Sensei, once it was clear he couldn't keep avoiding her, was very straight forward with Molly, in both what he knew factually, and what he feared happened. I thought it was surprisingly good behaviour for him. He could've lied. Heck, Molly gave him the opportunity to blame her, and he didn't take it.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Our opinions on this scene differ greatly. Sensei, once it was clear he couldn't keep avoiding her, was very straight forward with Molly, in both what he knew factually, and what he feared happened. I thought it was surprisingly good behaviour for him. He could've lied. Heck, Molly gave him the opportunity to blame her, and he didn't take it.
That is something I've noticed in the last few updates, Sensei is getting weirdly (and I literally shudder to type this) moral?

Don't get me wrong, he's still a degenerate and a sorry excuse for a human being, but he's been far less completely iredeemable lately which is an interesting thing to be less of.

Most of the things he's done lately that are both 1.) morally wrong and 2.) not simply maintaining a status quo have been done outside his control (e.g: Molly) as far as I remember.

For instance, do you think reset 1 or 2 Sensei would have turned down Nikki? (or at least told her that he'd be with her so as to sleep with her) That's massively out of character for the earlier him.

Basically what I'm saying is that Sensei seems to be experiencing character growth (or perhaps realisiation?) and it's strange to me because my internal conceptualisation of Sensei is of a complete scumbag.

Even the morally wrong things he's (intentionally) done recently seem to be mostly just him maintaining the current state of his relationships (like continuing to allow Chika to think that they're exclusive, or fucking Haruka). I see this as the current Sensei inheriting immoral acts from his past self rather than commiting them himself.

Sensei is becoming more and more of a "real" character, and it's kind of freaking me out.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
That is something I've noticed in the last few updates, Sensei is getting weirdly (and I literally shudder to type this) moral?

Don't get me wrong, he's still a degenerate and a sorry excuse for a human being, but he's been far less completely iredeemable lately which is an interesting thing to be less of.

Most of the things he's done lately that are both 1.) morally wrong and 2.) not simply maintaining a status quo have been done outside his control (e.g: Molly) as far as I remember.

For instance, do you think reset 1 or 2 Sensei would have turned down Nikki? (or at least told her that he'd be with her so as to sleep with her) That's massively out of character for the earlier him.

Basically what I'm saying is that Sensei seems to be experiencing character growth (or perhaps realisiation?) and it's strange to me because my internal conceptualisation of Sensei is of a complete scumbag.

Even the morally wrong things he's (intentionally) done recently seem to be mostly just him maintaining the current state of his relationships (like continuing to allow Chika to think that they're exclusive, or fucking Haruka). I see this as the current Sensei inheriting immoral acts from his past self rather than commiting them himself.

Sensei is becoming more and more of a "real" character, and it's kind of freaking me out.
But he was this way from the beginning, though. The way I see it, he was like some "gentleman" pirate, that invented some rules for himself to set him apart from the rest of the cutthroats. Sure he's bad, but he's not 'that' bad, he still won't do X. Sensei invented rules about consent after what happened with Yumi, as it shook him greatly.
Also, him maintaining his relationships comes from him only caring about what's right in front of him right this instant. He actively avoids thinking about future and consequences. Make no mistake: everything he does comes from a desire to escape, not to think or do the hard part, but it will backfire marvelously.
He's not getting better or rediscovering his moral compass, he's actually getting worse.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
I know the MC is an asshole, but the event with Molly after Halloween is a whole new level.
For the first time in the entire game, I held down the Ctrl button. He's really disgusting.

I can't even imagine a more or less good ending for Sensei given his actions throughout the game.
It will be either a complete reset or no reset, where he will have to face the devastating consequences of his decisions.
I don't agree that the MC is an asshole. On the contrary to me he seems to be quite thoughtful and responsible about everyone despite his urge to have sex with everyone. He may not even be self aware about this.
And he also might not admit that he in fact is seeking for more than sex.

For example: I'm just now playing the event where he visits Yuki, where she distributes flyers ("We have drinks and shit"). Why did he go there? The prospect of having sex is minimal.
"I just need myself to be occupied. Nothing good ever comes from wandering around aimlessly."

Little do we know about his past. The game starts with a jump. Suicide I guess.

He awakes in a person he doesn't know in a situation he doesn't know and always tries to avoid thinking about whatever bad might have happened. But he is thinking a lot and his reflections are terrifying honest which might have the impression, he is a bad guy.

The "accidents" with Yumi and Molly shock him more than any other.

Despite being called "Sensei" in fact he is the pupil and all the girls are teaching him lessions in love. And it seems to me, that he is slowly starting to learn.

I must be a bad guy by myself, because I can find myself in a lot of what he does and what he is thinking.

Amazing game...

Reactions: 25thKnight

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Incidentally I appear to be stuck in chapter 1, what causes the transition to 2?
You have to do literally everything that can't be missed (missed meaning red and struck through) so that "There is Nothing" triggers, then it should hit the transition automatically

I don't agree that the MC is an asshole. On the contrary to me he seems to be quite thoughtful and responsible about everyone despite his urge to have sex with everyone. He may not even be self aware about this.

For example: I'm just now playing the event where he visits Yuki, where she distributes flyers ("We have drinks and shit"). Why did he go there? The prospect of having sex is minimal.
"I just need myself to be occupied. Nothing good ever comes from wandering around aimlessly."

He awakes in a person he doesn't know in a situation he doesn't know and always tries to avoid thinking about whatever bad might have happened. But he is thinking a lot and his reflections are terrifying honest which might have the impression, he is a bad guy.

Despite being called "Sensei" in fact he is the pupil and all the girls are teaching him lessions in love. And it seems to me, that he is slowly starting to learn.

I must be a bad guy by myself, because I can find myself in a lot of what he does and what he is thinking.

Amazing game...
Correction, the prospect of having sex in the short term is minimal. He isn't the kind of person who will have sex right away, which in the situation he's in would have ended the game a while ago. He is very methodical, he waits until the girl he's targeting is at her most vulnerable to being manipulated into consenting, then he strikes, or he waits until she is unable to resist like Molly. This was merely a step in that direction. Literally the only scene I cannot fault him on was the Yumi kiss.

Hmm what’s this about an Ayane bathroom scene mentioned in the main post?
There's a bit of a scene involving her near the beginning. Sensei goes to the bathroom, followed by Ayane, and things get a tiny bit spicy only to be interrupted by the other girls. To me, it kind of sets up the scenes with her and how she reacts all the way up to the first beach event.

Reactions: forbiddentwo

25thKnight

May 20, 2020

Amazing game...
Well all I can say is that sensei has a lot of sides and his personality changes depending on situations so I can't really say that he's a good or bad guy but the only thing that is clear for me his mind is messed up, his personality is broken and the memories that can glue things up together is gone though recently he regained one clear memory of him being with niki that I think affected him quite a bit.

And oh did you guys also noticed the shadow on that memory? I think I have a clue on who it was that but there's a lot of variables so i can't say I'm right

Last edited:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Correction, the prospect of having sex in the short term is minimal. He isn't the kind of person who will have sex right away, which in the situation he's in would have ended the game a while ago. He is very methodical, he waits until the girl he's targeting is at her most vulnerable to being manipulated into consenting, then he strikes, or he waits until she is unable to resist like Molly. This was merely a step in that direction. Literally the only scene I cannot fault him on was the Yumi kiss.
I think you overestimate him. He's not methodical, he just sort of passive. He goes where the wind flows and hopefully it flows towards sex. He doesn't manipulate them into consent - the very nature of this world he's in conviniently does it for him, so he just lets it happen. The guy actively avoids thinking about consequences and just goes with his gut all the time. He's all about escapism.

Alternatively, he sort of has several layers to his thinking, where the surface one is passive in a go with the flow sort of way and the other, deeper one is more, as u called it, methodical. It also dictates some of his choices that seem random at a glance but actually very significant and deliberate. Like giving Maya a green scarf as a gift.
Literally the only scene I cannot fault him on was the Yumi kiss.
Isn't Molly scene in the same vein as Yumi's one, just more severe?

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
No, I doubt that he is methodical aiming for having sex. From the above Yuki event, where suddenly Yumi meets her mother and after some fight between the two runs away and the MC follows her. His thoughts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So no. There is no planning involved.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think you overestimate him. He's not methodical, he just sort of passive. He goes where the wind flows and hopefully it flows towards sex. He doesn't manipulate them into consent - the very nature of this world he's in conviniently does it for him, so he just lets it happen. The guy actively avoids thinking about consequences and just goes with his gut all the time. He's all about escapism.

Alternatively, he sort of has several layers to his thinking, where the surface one is passive in a go with the flow sort of way and the other, deeper one is more, as u called it, methodical. It also dictates some of his choices that seem random at a glance but actually very significant and deliberate. Like giving Maya a green scarf as a gift.

Isn't Molly scene in the same vein as Yumi's one, just more severe?
He's specifically avoiding the easy way, which also happens to be the more dangerous way as far as his overall plan. There have been several opportunities for him to get an easy target off a girl who wasn't completely incapable of stopping him and he didn't take any of those. I would say that this seems like planning around his overall plan to get with all of them eventually, not necessarily all at once considering the lack of plans for a harem ending. He definitely manipulates at least a few cases where it led to something, in fact, the Miku thing in her dorm might have gone there had what happened outside the room not happened and Makoto hadn't shown up and that was clearly manipulation, she wasn't even close to ready to go even as far as she did. If the very nature of the world did it for him, they would already be actively doing things. Sure, there's a little force pushing them toward him, but not enough to make them do what he wants without question. He is not blameless in several cases, especially the one in the spoiler.

I think that go with the flow thing is just his outward appearance, he isn't actually going with the flow, just seeming like it to be less conspicuous.

I had thought the Molly scene was another Yumi kiss incident at first, but on further inspection, I don't think it is. I distinctly do not remember him mentioning, even in his thoughts, that he was not in control, which he did with the kiss. When he actually loses control, it seems to surprise him on an internal level that didn't seem to be present in the Molly scene.

No, I doubt that he is methodical aiming for having sex. From the above Yuki event, where suddenly Yumi meets her mother and after some fight between the two runs away and the MC follows her. His thoughts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So no. There is no planning involved.
I'm not convinced. He's done this before only to go and do more awful things to another girl. I don't count the Yumi kiss he mentions in the quoted text because he was quite obviously confused, even frightened that it happened. However, there have been several incidents now with none of those feelings and one in particular was quite obviously instigated by him. He's lying to Karin while going out with her sister behind her back, he manipulated Miku to start stripping, which I can only see as having been stopped where it was because of the noise outside triggering one of her episodes and Makoto entering the room, he used Molly for oral when she was passed out, he took advantage of a clearly intoxicated Makoto to take her first time. I am already dreading what comes next since we haven't reached peak Denpa yet, which is good for a Denpa game, that's exactly how I should be feeling as that means the game is doing its job.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I had thought the Molly scene was another Yumi kiss incident at first, but on further inspection, I don't think it is. I distinctly do not remember him mentioning, even in his thoughts, that he was not in control, which he did with the kiss. When he actually loses control, it seems to surprise him on an internal level that didn't seem to be present in the Molly scene.
With Yumi, he was fully aware of what was happening. With Molly, he was fully blacked out. He came to and she was exposed with his cum on her.

And by this time, he's had time to get used to loss-of-control blackouts, as they've started happening fairly often.

So he comes out if it, sees what he sees, and reaches a logical assumption that he fucked her even though it does cross a line for him, and he's confused more than anything else -- and he doesn't really have time to come out of that state of confusioni before Tsuneyo shows up and things get tense.

Considering he was thinking he'd raped Molly up until the point that she told him it didn't hurt like she'd just lost her virginity, yeah, it's safe to assume he wasn't in control. He wasn't even aware of what was happening around him.

Reactions: alex2011

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I very much agree with the spirit of your post. Sensei isn't the best guy in the world or anything, but he's not as bad as a lot of the posts have painted him. However, I think he understands women well enough to know that sex isn't going to happen with most of them just by being in their proximity. You have to spend time with them, and get to know them, be there for them, for it to become a possibility. So, it is possible that even when sex isn't likely to happen, it's still part of the reason he's doing it - playing the long game.

Edit: There are a lot of other posts in a similar vein to my call out, and people on both sides of whether he does or doesn't plan that far ahead. I'm not sure it's a specific plan per se, as much as it is a general understanding of how people work, and that it's needed to get to his eventual goal.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes