alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Probably because no one bothers with patreon version of the game, requiring said patch.
I mean, why would we when Subeles makes a version that needs no patch.

With Yumi, he was fully aware of what was happening. With Molly, he was fully blacked out. He came to and she was exposed with his cum on her.

And by this time, he's had time to get used to loss-of-control blackouts, as they've started happening fairly often.

So he comes out if it, sees what he sees, and reaches a logical assumption that he fucked her even though it does cross a line for him, and he's confused more than anything else -- and he doesn't really have time to come out of that state of confusioni before Tsuneyo shows up and things get tense.

Considering he was thinking he'd raped Molly up until the point that she told him it didn't hurt like she'd just lost her virginity, yeah, it's safe to assume he wasn't in control. He wasn't even aware of what was happening around him.
Point taken, I'm still counting the others against him, especially both Miku incidents, the first of which I forgot to include in my comment before.

I very much agree with the spirit of your post. Sensei isn't the best guy in the world or anything, but he's not as bad as a lot of the posts have painted him. However, I think he understands women well enough to know that sex isn't going to happen with most of them just by being in their proximity. You have to spend time with them, and get to know them, be there for them, for it to become a possibility. So, it is possible that even when sex isn't likely to happen, it's still part of the reason he's doing it - playing the long game.

Edit: There are a lot of other posts in a similar vein to my call out, and people on both sides of whether he does or doesn't plan that far ahead. I'm not sure it's a specific plan per se, as much as it is a general understanding of how people work, and that it's needed to get to his eventual goal.
Exactly, just because he's doing something that won't clearly lead to sex does not mean that is not his goal. That specific example brings him closer to Yumi, who already showed she doesn't totally hate him anymore during the transition events of Chapter 2 and is clearly being more of a tsundere than a person who actually hates him. By playing the long game, these seemingly minor acts will add up to the point that she comes to him just like all the rest. That's what the long game is all about, minor acts adding up into a big pay off. She may take longer because of the initial hatred from what happened before the game and the Yumi kiss, but she will fall like all the rest, the only difference here is the long game is required, she'd never fall to the short term strategies that may have worked on other girls.

Another one like this would be Rin due to her very apparent instability, the short term strategies might push her to do something she was already on the brink of, though that isn't guaranteed, while the long game will get her eventually, probably when she runs out of other girls to lock onto if not sooner considering what we've already seen.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Exactly, just because he's doing something that won't clearly lead to sex does not mean that is not his goal. That specific example brings him closer to Yumi, who already showed she doesn't totally hate him anymore during the transition events of Chapter 2 and is clearly being more of a tsundere than a person who actually hates him. By playing the long game, these seemingly minor acts will add up to the point that she comes to him just like all the rest. That's what the long game is all about, minor acts adding up into a big pay off. She may take longer because of the initial hatred from what happened before the game and the Yumi kiss, but she will fall like all the rest, the only difference here is the long game is required, she'd never fall to the short term strategies that may have worked on other girls.

Another one like this would be Rin due to her very apparent instability, the short term strategies might push her to do something she was already on the brink of, though that isn't guaranteed, while the long game will get her eventually, probably when she runs out of other girls to lock onto if not sooner considering what we've already seen.
Again, u make him seem overly calculating. He can be pushy, like he was with both Makoto and Miku, but he's mostly go with the flow kind of guy with sex in the back of his mind.
There is no 'long game' for him, it's just escapism and distraction. If there's a potential for sex, he will pursue it, if girl is visibly interested, but hesitating, he'll push it.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Edit: There are a lot of other posts in a similar vein to my call out, and people on both sides of whether he does or doesn't plan that far ahead. I'm not sure it's a specific plan per se, as much as it is a general understanding of how people work, and that it's needed to get to his eventual goal.
Sensei's world uses dating sim logic. Simply being near someone makes them like you more. It doesn't matter how you spend that time, or what you say for the most part, eventually, they will like you, and from that point it's only a matter of time before you're in their pants.

If you go back and look at what Maya tells him about how the world works, she all but confirms this, especially after Noriko got introduced. She mentioned how the girls took to his personality shift almost instantly -- which makes sense as the people who spend time near him daily. Yumi did not take to it instantly, because she's prone to skipping class. That took longer.

So any time spent in the proximity of a female is a means towards his end, and to some level he's aware of it. Well, assuming he paid attention to what Maya was telling him, at least.

And whenever he muses about how he doesn't understand why he does the things he does -- bear in mind the game is aware that it's a game, and it could just be tongue-in-cheek commentary about how he has no true free will because you, the player, are controlling him.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Again, u make him seem overly calculating. He can be pushy, like he was with both Makoto and Miku, but he's mostly go with the flow kind of guy with sex in the back of his mind.
There is no 'long game' for him, it's just escapism and distraction. If there's a potential for sex, he will pursue it, if girl is visibly interested, but hesitating, he'll push it.
He can be, when he is sure it will work. Being pushy with Yumi would only get push back at this point and he knows that very well. He goes for whatever method suits the situation, which is a very calculative thing to do. With Miku, he used the massage thing to get her to do more and was only stopped by a loud noise and Makoto walking in. Miku is an easy target since she barely resists, something she showed in the incident before that. This makes the direct approach feasible. If she had been more like Yumi, he never would have gotten her out of her shirt and he would have had a serious problem snowballing into a cast wide disaster, ending his plans.

Sensei's world uses dating sim logic. Simply being near someone makes them like you more. It doesn't matter how you spend that time, or what you say for the most part, eventually, they will like you, and from that point it's only a matter of time before you're in their pants.

If you go back and look at what Maya tells him about how the world works, she all but confirms this, especially after Noriko got introduced. She mentioned how the girls took to his personality shift almost instantly -- which makes sense as the people who spend time near him daily. Yumi did not take to it instantly, because she's prone to skipping class. That took longer.

So any time spent in the proximity of a female is a means towards his end, and to some level he's aware of it. Well, assuming he paid attention to what Maya was telling him, at least.

And whenever he muses about how he doesn't understand why he does the things he does -- bear in mind the game is aware that it's a game, and it could just be tongue-in-cheek commentary about how he has no true free will because you, the player, are controlling him.
I do have my doubts that he paid attention and, if this next reset goes full blast like we haven't seen, meaning even the once supposedly immune characters get affected, it may not matter since he may not retain that information.

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
He can be, when he is sure it will work. Being pushy with Yumi would only get push back at this point and he knows that very well. He goes for whatever method suits the situation, which is a very calculative thing to do. With Miku, he used the massage thing to get her to do more and was only stopped by a loud noise and Makoto walking in. Miku is an easy target since she barely resists, something she showed in the incident before that. This makes the direct approach feasible. If she had been more like Yumi, he never would have gotten her out of her shirt and he would have had a serious problem snowballing into a cast wide disaster, ending his plans.

I do have my doubts that he paid attention and, if this next reset goes full blast like we haven't seen, meaning even the once supposedly immune characters get affected, it may not matter since he may not retain that information.
Personally, I think that Sensei knows what we know in a way (theories excludedof course) so if we know something that happened ingame from 10 minutes ago, he'd probably know as well. Even if his memory was wiped, he still has us to guide him and still knows in a way. He's still sentient in a way, not under control of the game, just under the guide of us.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Has anyone here played through the earliest parts of the game yet to note if there are any differences? (Or are things mostly the same)

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Has anyone here played through the earliest parts of the game yet to note if there are any differences? (Or are things mostly the same)
The early-game rework hasn't started yet. We have two more updates before the game goes on pause while that work is done.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020

I can see your point and maybe you think he is some "psychopath" with no empathy just aiming for sex.
His own thoughts don't substantiate this. He does think a lot about others, but often it is too exhausting to continue thinking so he just "cares for the moment". This might be lazy but not bad per se.
As I already mentioned I know this kind of behavior from myself. In real life I also have a lot of good female friends and enjoy spending time with them. And yes, sometimes it leads to sex and I did not miss opportunities. But it was never calculated and has also lead to problems afterwards sometimes. Unfortunately there are times, when you stop thinking with your brain...
Anyways: I don't know where the game will lead to, but for the moment I believe, that he is not a bad guy.

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
I can see your point and maybe you think he is some "psychopath" with no empathy just aiming for sex.
His own thoughts don't substantiate this. He does think a lot about others, but often it is too exhausting to continue thinking so he just "cares for the moment". This might be lazy but not bad per se.
As I already mentioned I know this kind of behavior from myself. In real life I also have a lot of good female friends and enjoy spending time with them. And yes, sometimes it leads to sex and I did not miss opportunities. But it was never calculated and has also lead to problems afterwards sometimes. Unfortunately there are times, when you stop thinking with your brain...
Anyways: I don't know where the game will lead to, but for the moment I believe, that he is not a bad guy.
I remember a theory saying that his side where he only cares about the moment (callousness they called it) came out as a defense mechanism, his own god as he says. Before, he had concerned where he mainly looked out for himself, and the newest is calm where he feels no emotions and is generally calm.

Concerned happened when he was younger, Callousness happened when he was around a teenager, and Calm happened when he was an adult, around his 20's I think.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So you saying I dont need to download the patch for the specific alabama trip ? :unsure:
Not with the sex version.

Personally, I think that Sensei knows what we know in a way (theories excludedof course) so if we know something that happened ingame from 10 minutes ago, he'd probably know as well. Even if his memory was wiped, he still has us to guide him and still knows in a way. He's still sentient in a way, not under control of the game, just under the guide of us.
I'm not so sure, remember one of the themes, while we do have some choice, we are not in control. That was one of the points behind the Yumi kiss. We aren't affected by the resets since they are fictional, sure, so we could still guide him, but we don't know at what cost that guidance will be or if he will listen. It could end up giving us a few cases of illusion of choice like ones we've seen before, where we choose one thing or not to do one thing and he still does it anyway. In fact, if this reset does affect him, it would be a perfect opportunity for that.

If you're asking in regards to the content rewrite, it hasn't happened yet.

I have zero faith in the character being anything but bad morally speaking, I've already made my case against him with multiple incidents not attributed to loss of control or blackout. Now technically speaking, that means from a writing standpoint, he is an amazing character. He was specifically designed to cause negative reaction toward him, his thoughts provoke the reader into thinking as well, and he isn't just some stock villain who is bad for the sake of being bad. He has much more depth than any real villain character I've seen, including from big company IPs, and there is a distinct feeling around him that even the depth we have seen isn't as deep as he goes, there may be much more to be revealed as the story progresses.

Last edited:

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
ok then I'll give this a go and see how it is, but from what I have seen of the pic in the OP this looks like and interesting game.

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
This game needs to be more blind people inclusive, how are blind people supposed to play the game if it's text based? Devs pls fix
Well what are you supposed to do with text? You read it

Oh if you're the type of guy who doesn't really care about the story and just plays the game to fck every living being in the game then you'll find this game not suitable for your taste... Probably

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
This game needs to be more blind people inclusive, how are blind people supposed to play the game if it's text based? Devs pls fix
uhhh... how do you think a blind person will able to play this kind of game in the first place? they need like an audio book or somethin :LOL:

cyclos

Mar 8, 2019
Just finished the last update, it was really high quality content. I loved the musics (specially hallelujah <3) and the progress made with so much characters, i waited so long for it ! A lot of emotions as always you made me cry a lot mister Subeles ! Thank you for all the entertainment you provide me. Such an amazing author you are. Love you <3

Reactions: doctor123

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
ok then I'll give this a go and see how it is, but from what I have seen of the pic in the OP this looks like and interesting game.
One of the best on the site, currently at the top of my list, and I didn't just give it that spot, it earned that spot.

This is a VISUAL novel, not an audio novel. The vision based aspect is just in the game type, that's the main point of them. Blind people will just have to find another game that has accessibility built in, this coming from someone with a different disability of a more physical nature myself. There are just some things in life that cannot be done while having certain disabilities, no matter how hard we work to overcome the issue.

Well there is text to speech tech that would/could probably work :p
There is, but the bigger issue is that the visuals behind that text are key to the full experience of the game, that's the case with all visual novels.

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Just finished the last update, it was really high quality content. I loved the musics (specially hallelujah <3) and the progress made with so much characters, i waited so long for it ! A lot of emotions as always you made me cry a lot mister Subeles ! Thank you for all the entertainment you provide me. Such an amazing author you are. Love you <3
it is quite a good performance of hallelujah.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
has to be one of my favorite moments in this game.

And as usual Io just breaks my heart. I find her more relatable then most fictional characters. The feeling of not being deserving is a difficult thing to overcome. Hopefully there is some happyness in her future. I'm sure there will be...right??...... right?

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
it is quite a good performance of hallelujah.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
has to be one of my favorite moments in this game.

And as usual Io just breaks my heart. I find her more relatable then most fictional characters. The feeling of not being deserving is a difficult thing to overcome. Hopefully there is some happyness in her future. I'm sure there will be...right??...... right?
.... right
0fa85fdc73a1278ca894742d5520db6f.gif

• Sad
Reactions: rightsaidfred
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes