alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So ayane was definitely pregnant right and the reset got rid of the baby or is that just me overthinking it
Some seem to think that was the case, I still hold to the possibility that it was never an actual pregnancy, that Ayane was acting on either a false positive test or symptoms that can be associated with signs of pregnancy, but can also be other things, possibly out of excitement. Either way, she was scared out of telling Sensei when she overheard something from him until the moment of the reset, when she somehow made it to the roof.

Actually, a very similar situation happened to me over the last week. I self diagnosed a potential COVID infection based on symptoms, which I had a good eight or nine of, and started to quarantine, but in my case 90% of the symptoms could be something else I am far more familiar with, bacterial infections. The difference in my case is I still have some of the symptoms and am seeking outside diagnosis to either confirm or deny my own initial diagnosis and find anything else I might have going on. Because of my own self diagnosis, I made decisions that were unnecessary and could have let what I now really think is going on progress to what could be a deadly level. If my theory that Ayane was never legitimately pregnant is correct, she self diagnosed and acted on that diagnosis without seeking a confirmation or denial of her own diagnosis, which is what medical experts say NOT to do with self diagnosis. It's alright to suspect, but to act as if what you think is certain could prove more harmful.

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
Also is anyone else hoping we NTR the hell out of Rin? First Chika, then Haruka, then her new girlfriend, then a foursome! MUWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
Well not me I'm not that fcked up, although this just a work of fiction thinking about stealing Rin's happiness hurts my mind, tho I can't say that I'm a saint either since I fcked haruka anyway but doing something that can harm Rin really doesn't cross my mind unless it was unavoidable

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well not me I'm not that fcked up, although this just a work of fiction thinking about stealing Rin's happiness hurts my mind, tho I can't say that I'm a saint either since I fcked haruka anyway but doing something that can harm Rin really doesn't cross my mind unless it was unavoidable
That's actually probably the last thing we should do, she's already on the edge mentally and she did show some signs of moving our way, so we might be shooting ourselves in the foot by doing that. We saw how mad she gets, admit it Rin, when we went after Chika after she explicitly asked to let her try first. With her instability, that could backfire on us spectacularly.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
I actually meant a fivesome. Does that make it better or worse?

It looks like there's several save editors, which one do you guys use to remove the flag?

Last edited:

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
That's actually probably the last thing we should do, she's already on the edge mentally and she did show some signs of moving our way, so we might be shooting ourselves in the foot by doing that. We saw how mad she gets, admit it Rin, when we went after Chika after she explicitly asked to let her try first. With her instability, that could backfire on us spectacularly.
Tho we can't say that we will be able to avoid that since sensei's state of mind is very unstable and the choices we are given in the recent updates became far to little that's why if sensei ever short-circuit once again and ends up hurting Rin we won't be able to do a thing about that

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Also in the cases where you're stuck floundering and have no idea which option to pick, is there anything you can do aside from process of elimination or trying to guess where you are based on the guide to each girl's events?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Tho we can't say that we will be able to avoid that since sensei's state of mind is very unstable and the choices we are given in the recent updates became far to little that's why if sensei ever short-circuit once again and ends up hurting Rin we won't be able to do a thing about that
I'd say, considering that AND that this is a Denpa game, we probably can't avoid it.

Also in the cases where you're stuck floundering and have no idea which option to pick, is there anything you can do aside from process of elimination or trying to guess where you are based on the guide to each girl's events?
There's the event tracker in game, if an event isn't red or green, it hasn't been seen, and there is a wiki.

Last edited:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Some seem to think that was the case, I still hold to the possibility that it was never an actual pregnancy, that Ayane was acting on either a false positive test or symptoms that can be associated with signs of pregnancy, but can also be other things, possibly out of excitement. Either way, she was scared out of telling Sensei when she overheard something from him until the moment of the reset, when she somehow made it to the roof.

Actually, a very similar situation happened to me over the last week. I self diagnosed a potential COVID infection based on symptoms, which I had a good eight or nine of, and started to quarantine, but in my case 90% of the symptoms could be something else I am far more familiar with, bacterial infections. The difference in my case is I still have some of the symptoms and am seeking outside diagnosis to either confirm or deny my own initial diagnosis and find anything else I might have going on. Because of my own self diagnosis, I made decisions that were unnecessary and could have let what I now really think is going on progress to what could be a deadly level. If my theory that Ayane was never legitimately pregnant is correct, she self diagnosed and acted on that diagnosis without seeking a confirmation or denial of her own diagnosis, which is what medical experts say NOT to do with self diagnosis. It's alright to suspect, but to act as if what you think is certain could prove more harmful.
I don't think there's any other realistic interpretation from both logical and dramatical perspectives. If it weren't about pregnancy, that whole sequence of events just don't work narratively and loses any punch it had. Fake pregnacy? Sorry, but that's super lame.
On the side note, self-diagnosis is kind of a centuries old intercultural meme. People can go through the entire catalog of known illnesses and unironically find that they have contracted all of them simultaneously and are about to die.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
I'd say, considering that AND that this is a Denpa game, we probably can't avoid it.

There's the event tracker in game, if it isn't red or green, it hasn't been seen, and there is a wiki.

Unfortunately I get an error any time I try to track certain events (like Makoto's or Maki's).

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
Unfortunately I get an error any time I try to track certain events (like Makoto's or Maki's).
What do you mean error? A game error or you just can't proceed to the event? If it's the latter then try using the wiki and look for that event there then check the requirements, that will show you what you are lacking and reason why you're stock on the game.

If you don't know what wiki we are talking about here's the link.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't think there's any other realistic interpretation from both logical and dramatical perspectives. If it weren't about pregnancy, that whole sequence of events just don't work narratively and loses any punch it had. Fake pregnacy? Sorry, but that's super lame.
On the side note, self-diagnosis is kind of a centuries old intercultural meme. People can go through the entire catalog of known illnesses and unironically find that they have contracted all of them simultaneously and are about to die.
A false positive is a logical possibility, not particularly likely, but logically possible. We don't know if it was fake or not, but Ayane seemed to think it was not and react accordingly until she noticed what Sensei was saying about if he got told about potentially being a father. It doesn't lose the punch it had until the reveal and that's IF it was fake, which I believe it was. We will never know with the reset.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
It doesn't lose the punch it had until the reveal and that's IF it was fake
It absolutely does, what are you talking about. It's a big deal and the fact that it's not explicitly stated only adds to it.
which I believe it was
Why?

Yeah, I don't believe Sel would have bothered inserting poem about a loss of child and having Sensei semi-consciously pulling out of Ami in the sex scenes that followed.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
It absolutely does, what are you talking about. It's a big deal and the fact that it's not explicitly stated only adds to it.

Why?

Yeah, I don't believe Sel would have bothered inserting poem about a loss of child and having Sensei semi-consciously pulling out of Ami in the sex scenes that followed.
Yeah 100% agree with you. What narrative point would there be with all this heavy implication? Occam's razor; simplest explanation is most likely here. Ayane was pregnant, it's silly to overthink it

Reactions: akselx

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There's also the fact that Sensei's revulsion to the idea of becoming a father is a central component of his personality that is addressed repeatedly throughout the story, which is a stupid character detail to add unless it's somehow relevant, and honestly, I think it's far more relevant than JUST the Ayane situation.

The game repeatedly brings up pregnancy as something that makes Sensei uncomfortable. At one point it's described as a feeling of physical illness. One of the "spooky" moments has a crying child playing in the audio. When a girl uses pregnancy or breeding as a sexy roleplay thing, it immediately turns him off.

Chekov's Gun: If you create a detail and constantly draw attention to it, it has to be relevant.

We have the flashback scene where Sensei and Maya where Maya talks about them both hating babies. A scene that takes place on the rooftop. And the rooftop is only used as a location immediately prior and during a reset.

Pregnancy is a core theme, and there's a very real possibility it was a pregnancy that prompted Sensei to jump off the roof at the start of the game.

Speculation: I very strongly suspect that all this is tied together. The rooftop is important to the story because that was where Sensei and Maya met up, and very likely where he impregnated her. And when he found out, where he jumped from.

And thus, it's where he's drawn when it's time to end a cycle and begin a new one. And anyone carrying his child is also drawn there.

This is why Maya's INCREDIBLY bitter about having to repeat the same 3-4 months over and over again, because it's the first half of a pregnancy that never ends. Infinite morning sickness. This would explain why she eats 2-3 times as much as the other girls. And most of the time when she's shown with a watermelon, she's holding it like a pregnancy belly. Since she was pregnant before this process began, when the world resets, she gets reset to early in the pregnancy, and remains on the roof.

But Ayane was no longer pregnant because her restore point, so to speak, is pre-pregnancy, so when the reset ends, she poofs back to where she should be.

It also makes me curious about the other time we see one of the girls on the roottop (Bluejay). This was a bit earlier before the reset of that cycle, so that could very well be an exception, but pregnancy+rooftop+jump feels awfully.....loop-like. And someone intervened pretty heavily in that scene to put her back on the roof, so it's possible her pregnancy was undone at that point by whoever intervened.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Pregnancy is a core theme, and there's a very real possibility it was a pregnancy that prompted Sensei to jump off the roof at the start of the game.
I think u conflating a Happy Scene with Maya on a rooftop with the scene at the start of the game, or, at the very least, make a pretty big assumption that once scene directly lead to another.
This is why Maya's INCREDIBLY bitter about having to repeat the same 3-4 months over and over again, because it's the first half of a pregnancy that never ends. Infinite morning sickness. This would explain why she eats 2-3 times as much as the other girls. And most of the time when she's shown with a watermelon, she's holding it like a pregnancy belly. Since she was pregnant before this process began, when the world resets, she gets reset to early in the pregnancy, and remains on the roof.
I remember that to be a popular hypothesis, but I'm not yet convinced.
It also makes me curious about the other time we see one of the girls on the roottop (Bluejay).
Random observation: Makoto were jokingly talking about suicide from her earleast scenes.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think u conflating a Happy Scene with Maya on a rooftop with the scene at the start of the game, or, at the very least, make a pretty big assumption that once scene directly lead to another.
I'm noting the repetition of the theme, not saying he jumped off the roof immediately after the conversation.

But something prompted the jump to start the game, and this is the closest thing we've been given to a motivation.

Reactions: moodle
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes