alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The compressed download is listed under the Sex version rather than the No-Sex version, which makes people assuming it's a compression of the sex version a perfectly reasonable (albeit incorrect) assumption.
Yes, there were mistakes made, which is why the thread should be reported so as to alert someone with thread editing permissions of the issue.

NiWa.GD

Sep 24, 2021
Does the game force you to progress with all the main characters so the story keeps going? Since I got to know that progressing too much with Chika before the School Trip can mess up your relationship with Rin I tried holding back with Chika, but I passed a lot of days just accumulating affection with all the characters and nothing was triggering until I started progressing with her again.
I want to have the best playthrough as possible, so I don't want to cause bad stuff happening because I start getting too close with everyone at the same time too quickly, but idk if that's possible or I do have to just progress everyone and "Cheating" is inevitable.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Does the game force you to progress with all the main characters so the story keeps going? Since I got to know that progressing too much with Chika before the School Trip can mess up your relationship with Rin I tried holding back with Chika, but I passed a lot of days just accumulating affection with all the characters and nothing was triggering until I started progressing with her again.
I want to have the best playthrough as possible, so I don't want to cause bad stuff happening because I start getting too close with everyone at the same time too quickly, but idk if that's possible or I do have to just progress everyone and "Cheating" is inevitable.
Just avoid Chika's "Schadenfreude" until beach events. That's it.

Reactions: Leo-67

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Most of the time, all content from one update must be completed before any content from the next update is available, which makes advancing down each character's path required to advance.

The only time this can trip you up (that we know of so far) is the Chika event Schadenfruede.

Reactions: crustlord12

NiWa.GD

Sep 24, 2021
Just avoid Chika's "Schadenfreude" until beach events. That's it.
Most of the time, all content from one update must be completed before any content from the next update is available, which makes advancing down each character's path required to advance.

The only time this can trip you up (that we know of so far) is the Chika event Schadenfruede.
Ok so I just messed up then, like today haha, so it's not that bad since I save a lot.
How should I go about it? I mean, I go back before the Schadenfruede event and not go see her in the dorms until I have her first beach event (Where she, her little sister and Yumi go together the first time) ? And that should make it ok and not mess up with Rin?

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
Ok so I just messed up then, like today haha, so it's not that bad since I save a lot.
How should I go about it? I mean, I go back before the Schadenfruede event and not go see her in the dorms until I have her first beach event (Where she, her little sister and Yumi go together the first time) ? And that should make it ok and not mess up with Rin?
No, when people talk about the beach event they are referring to a long chain of Main Events that will happen. Just keep progressing everyone else besides Chika and you'll get it eventually. As long as you haven't got Schadenfreude when it happens you'll be okay.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NiWa.GD

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yes, this is a general, full cast route we are in at the moment, so you need to progress everyone. As everyone else said, just don't do "Schadenfreude" until after the first beach event and you are clear. The first beach event in this case is when the whole class goes, there is no Chinami (Chika's little sister) in that event.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NiWa.GD

azafloo

Aug 19, 2020
Every time I get to a climate scene with one of the girls (sara afaik, one other I forgot about earlier, mokoto?) gives an exception has occured error. I can ignore and skip but no use. Have patch installed. 1647594475192.png

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
Every time I get to a climate scene with one of the girls (sara afaik, one other I forgot about earlier, mokoto?) gives an exception has occured error. I can ignore and skip but no use. Have patch installed. View attachment 1710260
Try redownloading the sex version with and don't patch it with anything. Most of these similar problems that have shown up here are from people downloading patches when they didn't need to.

Jun 7, 2020
Ngl this is some what confusing game but i love it. Finally a horror aspect and a story that keeps me interested and gives me a reason to play and not only just to fap. Instead of doing generic get transported into a new world/body so everything is dandy it takes a different turn. When a new update comes ill join the patreon team. This is by far my favorite game that is worth to support found in F95.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Be advised (this is from a public channel on the Discord): The Lessons in Love Itch.io page has been suspended for as of yet unknown reasons. Selebus is already trying to make contact, but apparently their customer service skills are lacking, so this may take a while. This is just a heads up for anyone who actually uses Itch.io for this game for any reason, including officially approved downloads. There is no cause for concern as of this moment and no reason to get the torches and pitchforks out, I'm sure things will be straightened out...eventually. The game is still available on all other pages that hadn't already specifically banned it and the "Legend of The Huggy Boy" is still available on those pages that did.

I'd suggest going the subscribestar/gamepass route over patreon
Ngl this is some what confusing game but i love it. Finally a horror aspect and a story that keeps me interested and gives me a reason to play and not only just to fap. Instead of doing generic get transported into a new world/body so everything is dandy it takes a different turn. When a new update comes ill join the patreon team. This is by far my favorite game that is worth to support found in F95.
Agreed, Patreon is why there is a no sex version. They could have easily caused this game to cease production and all of us are lucky they did not. Also, Selebus specifically recommends NOT going with the Patreon because of that, but instead going to the game pass or SubscribeStar.

If you are okay with a one time payment instead of monthly support, that's what the game pass is for, at least I am assuming it is one time because of how it is set up. If you actually want to subscribe and give monthly, the SubscribeStar is your best option. Also, depending on what support tier you choose on SubscribeStar, there are perks like custom non-canon image requests with the number of characters depending on your tier and custom roles on the Discord. I won't go into further detail about the custom image requests as I am not sure if any more than I have said is meant to be publicly known.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If you are okay with a one time payment instead of monthly support, that's what the game pass is for, at least I am assuming it is one time because of how it is set up. If you actually want to subscribe and give monthly, the SubscribeStar is your best option. Also, depending on what support tier you choose on SubscribeStar, there are perks like custom non-canon image requests with the number of characters depending on your tier and custom roles on the Discord. I won't go into further detail about the custom image requests as I am not sure if any more than I have said is meant to be publicly known.
IIRC, the game pass option is basically a one-year subscription.

gamenok

Aug 4, 2019
Also, Selebus specifically recommends NOT going with the Patreon because of that, but instead going to the game pass or SubscribeStar.
As far as I can remember, he said that Patreon is easier for him than SubscribeStar due to their payment system or something like that, while SubscribeStar is obviously easier for us.. which is why he came up with the solution of the yearly pass.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
IIRC, the game pass option is basically a one-year subscription.
You know, my brain must be having one of those days where it just doesn't want to work, it was literally right there in the name of the product. :FacePalm:

As far as I can remember, he said that Patreon is easier for him than SubscribeStar due to their payment system or something like that, while SubscribeStar is obviously easier for us.. which is why he came up with the solution of the yearly pass.
That's exactly why the pass exists, the Patreon is easier to work with, but he is kind of at odds with them due to what I will now be referring to as the 'huggy boy' incident both because of the name used to first describe the no sex version he specifically came up with in the face of Patreon not accepting the game as it was and because that just seems funny to me at the moment.

Basically, for anyone who was not around and hasn't been filled in, Patreon told him he can't have girls with certain body types or relations to other characters engaging in sexual acts with the MC or, if the relation is to another character, whatever character they are related to. He has been pretty blatant about his annoyance, if annoyance even covers the feeling, at having to rework vast areas of the game because of it.

He's also the type not to backseat drive his patrons, in other words to make the decision for them. He does want us to choose what we are most comfortable with, which for now is likely Patreon because they have the payment options that are more secure and easier to use, but those same options are why the 'huggy boy' incident happened in the first place.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Selebus posted today on the Discord: "Please be advised ahead of 23.0 Part 2 that all subscriptions are non-refundable"

This could mean he's been getting a lot of refund requests and is tired of having to explain this to people, but there is a possibility he put that out there because he anticipates this update being VERY unpopular.

BUt this is also the last update before the rework begins, and the rework is anticipated to take two months, during which time there will be no updates, so he could just be getting out in front of people upset at percieved inactivity.

There's also the possibility that something happens in this update that could provoke a fan riot (ilke Maya getting rebooted, which has been alluded to multiple times starting with the Dorm War events).

The release announcement said it will go live for patrons tomorrow night. So get your anxiety meds ready!

• Hey there
Reactions: pim0

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
BUt this is also the last update before the rework begins, and the rework is anticipated to take two months, during which time there will be no updates, so he could just be getting out in front of people upset at percieved inactivity.
#SaveTheChu~Scene!

There's also the possibility that something happens in this update that could provoke a fan riot (ilke Maya getting rebooted, which has been alluded to multiple times starting with the Dorm War events).
But given the timing of when all this started, wouldn't her getting rebooted ... not be that bad? I mean it'd still be bad in the sense that the girl we grew to know would have been rewinded, but...

Also,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
But given the timing of when all this started, wouldn't her getting rebooted ... not be that bad? I mean it'd still be bad in the sense that the girl we grew to know would have been rewinded, but...
At the start of the game, we wake up with no understanding of where we are, who we are, or who anyone else is.

This is what Maya is afraid of happening to her. It's what the Angels alluded to in the dorm event. Everythiing that made Maya Maya will be gone and replaced with a completely blank slate. And it's possible that this could begin a who-knows-how-long process with Sensei and Maya's roles are reversed, and he's constantly watching Maya get rebooted, each time hoping that THIS time, she'll come back as her old self, and eventually losing all hope that it will ever happen.

Also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While Ayane is often foolish and lives with her heads in the clouds, she has acknowledged more than once that she's not stupid. She knows that getting pregnant is a disaster. If she keeps the baby, Sensei is likely lost to her forever as he gets arrested or conscripted. If she tries to get an abortion, questions get asked, and the one man she's been seen out in public with regularly probably gets arrested or conscripted anyway. There isn't a win scenario if things play out the way they would for normal people.

But Ayane isn't a normal person. She's the daughter of the second wealthiest man in the city, a man who was able to dodge the war by virtue of his wealth, and a man who could, potentially, save Sensei from the same fate. I think Ayane knows this is a long shot. But it's literally the only path forward that allows her to maintain the fantasy of the life she wants to build with Sensei.

But Sensei shot that down before she could even tell him.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes