barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
New update on the Itch.io situation for anyone who isn't on the Discord for whatever reason. Apparently a DMCA was filed by some stupid ethics organization that has been plaguing Koikatsu based games since last year. This is not, I repeat IS NOT a takedown by any actual owner of the copyright and is technically an illegitimate claim. Selebus is in the process of a counterclaim now and I do wish him the best of luck with it, nobody deserves to be falsely DMCAed and these 'ethics organizations' need to mind their own business and let creators create. There are no ethics even involved, it's a video game ffs.
Interesting.

Automattic v Steiner actually established a legal penalty for fraudulent DMCA takedowns. If the people submitting these requests truly have no legal basis for the claim, then Selebus (and the other creators) should work with itch.io to prosecute. The penalties, if precedent holds, would be liable for $25k per fraudulent takedown notice.

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
uhh....what??
1648047431414.png i got that message after the chapter 3 hateful summer message.
1648046820389.png

Last edited:

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Question for those running multiple playthroughs who have a better understanding of the prerequisite logic than I do.

Is Sara actually optional?

Reason why I ask:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Missed events count for triggering Kaori's second event. The thing you need is either to see Good Boy or to have missed it, and you can only miss it by finishing Sara's content while not sleeping with her.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Missed events count for triggering Kaori's second event. The thing you need is either to see Good Boy or to have missed it, and you can only miss it by finishing Sara's content while not sleeping with her.
That makes sense, thank you.

I just saw that some people were struggling despite not having Sara events listed as available, which means they neither missed or got Good Boy somehow. That threw me off.

Reactions: moodle

GeePic

Nov 22, 2019
Full spoilers for the last puzzle because nobody has time for this shit.

Can't wait for selebus to delete these puzzle answers. preserve this bois.

GeePic

Nov 22, 2019
Btw what is this alert thingy? First time seeing. Did selebus delete my posts or did I do something wrong?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Btw what is this alert thingy? First time seeing. Did selebus delete my posts or did I do something wrong?
Selebus has zero control over the posts here.

There was a dust-up on Sunday from someone trolling the forum, and every post related to that got deleted. You may have replied downchain to one of the deleted posts, which meant yours got deleted as well.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I only vaguely recall that one but doesn't it kill off her route? I ran through all her scenes again to refresh my memory but i couldn't find it, must be in the main events section.
She asks you about your relationship with her sister in a Main Event, Forty Degrees Below Zero. If you tell her the truth, you miss a Karin event. But Karin's "route" hasn't really started one way or another, so it's impossible to say at this point whether telling her the truth or lying locks her as a partner.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
She asks you about your relationship with her sister in a Main Event, Forty Degrees Below Zero. If you tell her the truth, you miss a Karin event. But Karin's "route" hasn't really started one way or another, so it's impossible to say at this point whether telling her the truth or lying locks her as a partner.
Thanks. As i said, my memory of it is vague, i recall someone saying it cuts off her route but then they might've just been speculating, i would certainly think it'd kill it off or at least hamstring it. Still, i wonder how crustlord12 can call it a 100% save if one of Karin's events is red. Unless it's not red and an explanation as to why exists.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Gotcha. Thanks.

That's what pisses me off about these puzzles, they aren't actually logical-- the fact that some voice in a soundtrack mentions denim doesn't in any way mean that it is necessarily the MC's favorite fabric. It's not so much a test of how well you know the characters or the games, but of what random facts you happened to write down or recall. It's like the kind of shitty test that your incompetent 7th grade Social Studies teacher gave, where she just picked random proper nouns or numbers out of the textbook with no regard to what was actually important.

Sel's a brilliant writer but this sort of thing is not his strong suit. He's got the soul of an artist, not the mind of a logician. The game would be better if he stopped trying to prove something or the other with this kind of nonsense.
Considering the theory that popped from this build on the puzzles potentially representing some in universe force trying to stop him from reaching the roof, I'm not sure it was even meant to be logical, just difficult.

Think of it this way, some unknown entity doesn't want him to reach that roof, it wants him to fail and be reset. Despite that entity's best efforts in previous resets, Sensei made it, causing the entity in question to get more and more desperate in its attempts. The puzzles could be the manifestation of those attempts and the rising difficulty a manifestation of this entity's desperation.

I'm going to also take a guess at who that entity is, either HOPE or Wire, two of the most prominently featured gods in the story who are at odds and one of which is possibly on Sensei's side, automatically making him an enemy of the other.

Interesting.

Automattic v Steiner actually established a legal penalty for fraudulent DMCA takedowns. If the people submitting these requests truly have no legal basis for the claim, then Selebus (and the other creators) should work with itch.io to prosecute. The penalties, if precedent holds, would be liable for $25k per fraudulent takedown notice.
Which would be A LOT of money, but the question is is a legal battle really worth the effort. Those can be VERY lengthy if one or both sides continues to stand their ground through the entire process, which means potentially even bigger delays for the game, and these ethics people might legitimately believe they are doing the right thing by taking something 'amoral and unethical' from the public view this way even if by means they have no legal right to take.

Oh so the game ends there...
Feels like ch3 would need a separate client with the current size of LiL anyways...
Given the sandbox element, which also causes issues with separating Harem Hotel, that's how I know of this issue, separation would not be possible. There would not be a good way of splitting the game without destroying code that persists throughout the game and potentially rendering not only the new split off chapters unplayable, but rendering the old chapters unplayable as well.

100% save with pretty much everyone above 100 lust/aff, told karin truth, was good homie
I only vaguely recall that one but doesn't it kill off her route? I ran through all her scenes again to refresh my memory but i couldn't find it, must be in the main events section.
It does, or at least the connected events immediately during and after the choice to tell her the truth is made. It is essentially a reverse bad homie.

Can't wait for selebus to delete these puzzle answers. preserve this bois.
Selebus has zero control over the posts here.

There was a dust-up on Sunday from someone trolling the forum, and every post related to that got deleted. You may have replied downchain to one of the deleted posts, which meant yours got deleted as well.
It wasn't Selebus, either. I reported a user who, after being told by at least two people, including myself, to knock off the off topic discussion about the seven seas P word, seemingly refused to stop. I had no choice in the matter, he was just going to keep going and clog up the thread, he had to be stopped.

I don't trust it, this is how it started with Rin, the only real difference is there isn't a one release gap between taking the action that seals the player's fate and the consequences.

Thanks. As i said, my memory of it is vague, i recall someone saying it cuts off her route but then they might've just been speculating, i would certainly think it'd kill it off or at least hamstring it. Still, i wonder how crustlord12 can call it a 100% save if one of Karin's events is red. Unless it's not red and an explanation as to why exists.
I mean, it currently is speculation that things will be locked Rin style, but this part draws pretty heavy design parallels, even if it is basically reversing the situation, to the bad homie situation with Rin and Chika.

Oh I didn't know thank you for explaining
Yep, only the mods can pull something like the screenshot you shared.

Reactions: forbiddentwo

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Which would be A LOT of money, but the question is is a legal battle really worth the effort. Those can be VERY lengthy if one or both sides continues to stand their ground through the entire process, which means potentially even bigger delays for the game, and these ethics people might legitimately believe they are doing the right thing by taking something 'amoral and unethical' from the public view this way even if by means they have no legal right to take.
It wouldn't really delay anything, as the court proceedings are independent of the DMCA process.

This appears to be a fraudulent filing, which opens the filer up to civil liability.

There is exactly one scenario where this filing isn't fraudulent, and that would be if this group were operating under contract to Illusion to manage their DMCA rights in certain markets. If that's the case, then none of the struck games would be getting restored. Since those games are getting restored, that's clearly not the case.

buff

May 29, 2017
me said:
blah blah puzzles are shit
Considering the theory that popped from this build on the puzzles potentially representing some in universe force trying to stop him from reaching the roof, I'm not sure it was even meant to be logical, just difficult.

Think of it this way, some unknown entity doesn't want him to reach that roof, it wants him to fail and be reset. Despite that entity's best efforts in previous resets, Sensei made it, causing the entity in question to get more and more desperate in its attempts. The puzzles could be the manifestation of those attempts and the rising difficulty a manifestation of this entity's desperation.
That.... is a really interesting point. I was assuming the puzzles were awful out of Sel's general disdain for casual players, but it's entirely likely that was more of an enabling factor than a driving one. And I certainly like it better, since I don't really want to think ill of Sel-- if the guy flames out before finishing this incredible story I'm going to be a sad camper.

I'm going to also take a guess at who that entity is, either HOPE or Wire, two of the most prominently featured gods in the story who are at odds and one of which is possibly on Sensei's side, automatically making him an enemy of the other.
Yeah, been much discussion about that. I don't think we really have enough information (or more likely, have not figured out enough from the information we have) to make many assumptions about the relationships between Hope, Wire, Callous/Calm/Concerned, the various Users, etc. All I'm really sure of is that User2 is less of a dick than most of the other powers.

(Also, what a great narrative tool that is.... by having different "gods" wax and wane, you can enable scenes where Maya can speak almost freely and also enable scenes where everything makes Sensei's world go to shit.... this game is so well thought out.)

Once we learn a bit more about the nature of the sim/matrix/whatever we are in, a lot more of this will make sense I think.

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
Given the sandbox element, which also causes issues with separating Harem Hotel, that's how I know of this issue, separation would not be possible. There would not be a good way of splitting the game without destroying code that persists throughout the game and potentially rendering not only the new split off chapters unplayable, but rendering the old chapters unplayable as well.
Ch1 and Ch2 are fine as if to be separated as its finished.
Ch3 could be started with new client that uses previous save file. IMO Sel can even just do a blank slate save file since the points requirement aren't even that high to begin with. The best that I'm hoping is QOL addition of quest marker since the way to trigger quest in late game is really hazy with the addition of phone calling/invite and even locked behind weekend.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes