Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Also lie to her to maintain the illusion as long as possible.
Lie and lie and lie and lie to her until she finally lets him fuck her and then the very next day setting things up so she can come home and walk in to him absolutely nailing Kirin in the ass on the kitchen table. (Cue Tim Curry grin).

Reactions: forbiddentwo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You don't really. You just wander around until you either A: Brute force the event, or B: get confused why nothing is happening and look online. I ended up brute forcing it.

And no, it was not controlled by the voice slider, it was on the main. I found that out the hard way. Was very frustrating.

I don't mind the puzzles, but in terms of game design I think Sel should put some puzzles earlier in the game to put you in the mindset of writing down and remembering information so its not such a dead stop. Maybe in a girls event you need to remember something specific to unlock a bonus scene or something, or maybe even unlock a Happy Event. I don't know, but even though I enjoyed the happy events you are only told one time to specifically remember one fact, and since I had never needed to do that earlier in the game I didn't take it as seriously.
I basically did the same, or as I usually call it, stumbled into everything. I wandered for a bit before I finally found the place that actually had an effect. It still didn't take me as long as "There Is Nothing" did, at three hours consecutively because I do all updates in one sitting when possible, and ended up looking in the code because I was short on time by the point where I was making progress. Had I not been under a time constraint, it probably would have been me stumbling again and eventually figuring it out because I am an idiot who didn't write things down contrary to my own gaming history specifically involving puzzles.

For me on the volume thing, it wasn't a problem for me because my volume was on and high enough that an early Miku event showcasing her issue for the first time scared the hell out of me and made my ears ring for a few minutes. I don't change my volume settings once I start playing, so it was on that high the whole time.

As for earlier puzzles, puzzles are not the only dead stop in the game as there are instances where just meeting event requirements normally can cause progress to come to a screeching halt if the player isn't careful. I'm not so sure that that mindset will help because of that. It would certainly prepare players for puzzles, but those are so rare compared to other instances that stop progress that it may not be worth the effort.

From my point of view they are not even puzzles, I like to complete puzzles in the games I do in general, but in LIS it is not puzzles based on some logic, but more a succession of password to type according to small detail that has been said hours of reading before.
it's not ludic and not fun at all to look for what to read to find a minor info that we have not retained.
They are puzzles in the same sense as the old adventure programs from back in the early days of computer gaming. In old adventure programs, you used to have to go searching for things in much the same way. Not passwords or things to fill in blanks necessarily, sometimes objects hidden in different locations, but in the same style as this.

As far as retention, that's where writing helps, again a strategy from the same era as above. Writing locations, or information in this case, down is an immensely helpful tool.

What I rather have is an escape room, all clues confined in one scenerio. What Sel want is for the player to ace a pop quiz to progress. "Are you paying attention students?"-vibe. It's pretentious. Last LiL update: "Make sure you remember all 1,000,000 words for the final exam". Yeah, I'll cheat because it's the most boring, nonsense gameplay ever.
Yes, because some 'students' were caught not studying. From what I remember, as far as design, that is what started the puzzles as we know them now.

I prefer to give him some credit and assume that these are all foreshadowing in some form or another.

Plus it's pretty convenient to believe that.

...I wish there was a Senseiface emote.
Hmm... Yes, indeed. There must be something more to this, some bigger meaning behind 23 rice bowls...

It's still some god awful gameplay.
That's what I'm getting as well, an entity in universe stalling him, as I've said. Someone does not want Sensei to get to that roof and I am itching to know who. This is theory, of course, but it could be the gods or even one of the girls. I'm watching you, Tsukasa (I'm joking here, but I have to admit that a side character actually being the main bad guy would be a plot twist I never would be able to see coming). :p

Oh don't worry, he probably will. I still don't trust him not to and I likely never will.

nashk

Apr 9, 2017
Yeah that is one thing i'm not looking forward to. The inevitable reveal to all the girls that sensei is playing the field. When that does finally happen i'll probably start a new game where I dedicate to as few girls as the game allows and see how much that changes.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Yeah that is one thing i'm not looking forward to. The inevitable reveal to all the girls that sensei is playing the field. When that does finally happen i'll probably start a new game where I dedicate to as few girls as the game allows and see how much that changes.
I'm sure they'll take it in stride.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Of the 20 main girls, only Ami is optional.

I _think_ most of the side girls are optional, though.

Ghoul26

Jan 4, 2018
Good Boy triggers automatically if you're sleeping with Sara after one of her final scenes. If it's in red and scratched out, you can't get it, but that won't impede your progress.

The last happy scene is potentially available within that final sequence of scenes that chain together to end the update.
Do I have to have a specific amount of love and lust points?
because I already have all the scenes of Sara.

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
Any theory on who the is dancing girl in the reset event? The same girl was seen at the end of the Sara event, and the girl also provided the watermelon when Sensei went to the fair with Maya.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Is it bad on my choices involving Chika, Noriko, and Kirin, the only criteria it had to have was kill Kirin?

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I assume Selebus initiated the copyright strike against Subeles
While that would be a plot twist that would make me laugh, that can't be the case because they're the same person. He'd need a strange self-hating mental breakdown to do that. For sheer entertainment though, I'd hope it's true

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Any theory on who the is dancing girl in the reset event? The same girl was seen at the end of the Sara event, and the girl also provided the watermelon when Sensei went to the fair with Maya.
Apparently, she only appears if you chosen the bad uncle route. So, maybe she a product of incest between Sensei and Ami. That's all I got.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes