Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
possibly the early Makoto scene.
Please tell me you don't mean the backroom fap scene? That scene was fucking hilarious, Makoto's wide-eyed mute reaction is pure gold... it simply cannot be improved upon so unless it's just being moved back time-wise i seriously hope Selebus doesn't replace it... whatever he would replace it with simply cannot be as good or better than it.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Please tell me you don't mean the backroom fap scene? That scene was fucking hilarious, Makoto's wide-eyed mute reaction is pure gold... it simply cannot be improved upon so unless it's just being moved back time-wise i seriously hope Selebus doesn't replace it... whatever he would replace it with simply cannot be as good or better than it.
Nah, I think they're talking about the "here let me give you a massage" scene in the first half hour of the game.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Kamakazey

Apr 9, 2019
I think I may have somehow broke my save. For Touka and Tsubasa it shows that I have 5/9 and 0/2 events done, but when I look at the events for them they are all greened for completed. Any way to fix this? I think it is making it so I can't activate Wither.
Edit: Actually figured out what I did, I tried to add an out of date mod at one point and replaced newchecker.rpy, luckily I backed up the file I was going to overwrite and reverting it fixed the problem. I'm guessing since the mod was old the checker could only display events that were available at that time even though it knew that the new events existed and were completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think I may have somehow broke my save. For Touka and Tsubasa it shows that I have 5/9 and 0/2 events done, but when I look at the events for them they are all greened for completed. Any way to fix this? I think it is making it so I can't activate Wither.
Edit: Actually figured out what I did, I tried to add an out of date mod at one point and replaced newchecker.rpy, luckily I backed up the file I was going to overwrite and reverting it fixed the problem. I'm guessing since the mod was old the checker could only display events that were available at that time even though it knew that the new events existed and were completed.
Yeah, that will do it. For future reference in case others have this issue, what was the mod (if you remember, of course)? I am aware of only one mod, in total, for this game and I'm not entirely sure how it interacts under the hood, but it will serve as a good symptom check if we can identify the mod and then make sure whether future cases didn't do the same.

Kamakazey

Apr 9, 2019
Yeah, that will do it. For future reference in case others have this issue, what was the mod (if you remember, of course)? I am aware of only one mod, in total, for this game and I'm not entirely sure how it interacts under the hood, but it will serve as a good symptom check if we can identify the mod and then make sure whether future cases didn't do the same.
I believe it was the Gallery mod, missed a couple early on and didn't want to replay from the start.
Edit to not double post:
On a side note, I came back to this game after a bunch of new stuff was added (I think when I last played there was no chapters). When you go back to the beach after scouting it out with Makoto, a scene shows up where it says " There is something buried beneath your feet ". I know that it is repeated a lot but my first thought was 'Yeah those condoms, what about them?'

Last edited:

tehbestatgames

Mar 14, 2020
Game seems to have bugged out. The auto, skip, etc buttons are gone. The event tracker says that I am missing events despite having them unlocked and being able to replay them. I have the guide mod installed. Any solutions besides restarting?

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Rip patreon page I guess. Thankfully it does kinda seem like selebus recovered a good amount of his subscribers on subscribestar.
I read something about a rework on the last few pages, is that what's coming in the next patch?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Game seems to have bugged out. The auto, skip, etc buttons are gone. The event tracker says that I am missing events despite having them unlocked and being able to replay them. I have the guide mod installed. Any solutions besides restarting?
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. I do not believe it to be the game itself, but an interaction between the game and your save that bugged the save. I don't remember if the mod was updated for the part 2 release or not and, while that sounds minor in theory, that isn't a minor issue in practice if the mod interacts the way I'm starting to think it does under the hood. This MIGHT be a case of wrong mod version for the game version in that case (while the part 1 and part 2 releases are really two halves of the same release, there is content not accounted for in the part 1 release version of the mod that the part 2 release of the game would have, this may or may not be the issue depending on if the mod was updated for part 2. I don't know, I only saw a part 1 update comment for the mod, but it is possible I missed the announcement of the mod for part 2).

Rip patreon page I guess. Thankfully it does kinda seem like selebus recovered a good amount of his subscribers on subscribestar.
I read something about a rework on the last few pages, is that what's coming in the next patch?
Definitely, he is well on his way to complete Patreon independence, which is not something most games in this situation can say since the majority that get struck down by Patreon just stop production entirely. A tiny sliver remains until the 75% mark and not even 25% of the bar for the 100% mark remains as far as the goals on SubscribeStar that allow us to get a rough estimate to track progress from.

In the next patch, yes, it will be a MASSIVE rework, something like 158 existing events getting some kind of update. I don't know if there will be ANY new content, but I would neither expect any nor be surprised if there isn't, this rework is an insane workload already.

|Akashii|

Dec 2, 2019
I downloaded the game now, and I would like to know what the "update patch" file does, I know I have to replace the ''game" folder but I don't know what this update patch does, could someone help me? (google translator)

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
I downloaded the game now, and I would like to know what the "update patch" file does, I know I have to replace the ''game" folder but I don't know what this update patch does, could someone help me? (google translator)
If you downloaded the most recent version of the game (called version 0.23 Part 2) you should not use the update patch.
The purpose of the patch is only to allow people who downloaded the previous version (called version 0.23 Part 1) to bring their game up to most recent version without having to redownload the whole file.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. I do not believe it to be the game itself, but an interaction between the game and your save that bugged the save. I don't remember if the mod was updated for the part 2 release or not and, while that sounds minor in theory, that isn't a minor issue in practice if the mod interacts the way I'm starting to think it does under the hood. This MIGHT be a case of wrong mod version for the game version in that case (while the part 1 and part 2 releases are really two halves of the same release, there is content not accounted for in the part 1 release version of the mod that the part 2 release of the game would have, this may or may not be the issue depending on if the mod was updated for part 2. I don't know, I only saw a part 1 update comment for the mod, but it is possible I missed the announcement of the mod for part 2).
The mod is always updated on the same day as the public release, but I don't think it's a mod version problem here. If he was using the part 1 version of the mod with the part 2 version of the game, the entries for the new events in part 2 wouldn't be wrong; they'd be completely absent. Also, the mod shouldn't affect the base game in any way. Worst case scenario is that the mod stops working. I kind of suspect that this is an issue caused by using an unnecessary patch, but I'm honestly not exactly sure what's going wrong for them.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The mod is always updated on the same day as the public release, but I don't think it's a mod version problem here. If he was using the part 1 version of the mod with the part 2 version of the game, the entries for the new events in part 2 wouldn't be wrong; they'd be completely absent. Also, the mod shouldn't affect the base game in any way. Worst case scenario is that the mod stops working. I kind of suspect that this is an issue caused by using an unnecessary patch, but I'm honestly not exactly sure what's going wrong for them.
That was why I made the suggestion, the public release of part 2 was fairly recent, enough for the possibility of the mod not having been updated. With the new insight you gave, I retract said suggestion and no longer think it is a valid possibility. I had not considered a patch issue given the symptoms, but bugs can be rather unpredictable when we barely have any history with them, as is the case here since this is only the first report of this issue I've seen (I am here daily and read all comments on issues for my own awareness).

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Well, despite getting a notification that they rejected my report it seems the mods have thankfully dealt with the huggy boy version on the FP. I suggested maybe keeping it in the extras section as a 'parody version' but it looks like they just took the cleanest route and simply removed all record of it. Thank fuck for that, a short time from now and we'll hopefully never have folks asking the same question for the thousand time.

Reactions: osmann and alex2011

RazeSoldier

Feb 3, 2021
There's a recurring upside down house image in the game that appears in brief flashes. Does anyone know what it actually means ?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well, despite getting a notification that they rejected my report it seems the mods have thankfully dealt with the huggy boy version on the FP. I suggested maybe keeping it in the extras section as a 'parody version' but it looks like they just took the cleanest route and simply removed all record of it. Thank fuck for that, a short time from now and we'll hopefully never have folks asking the same question for the thousand time.
Hey, they finally listened. I don't think we really need the huggy boy version anymore and there's no indication of whether or not it will even be continued, either. It is better to remove it now so that it doesn't need to be removed later in the event things take a turn toward discontinuing it.

F for accountant Ami.
Indeed, but at least it won't serve as a problem for people getting the game from here anymore. It was getting to the point that it just wasn't worth the hassle with the possibility that the version may not even be relevant anymore. It was only meant to serve as Selebus taking shots at Patreon over the first strike, so with Patreon not being a thing for this game, at least for the moment as I have yet to hear a final verdict on the appeal of the second strike, the only reason it would even have to continue to exist is if Selebus wants to keep it going, putting the usefulness of the link here in a grey area that leans more toward being a hassle than being useful with all the misuses of the patch going on.

The huggy boy version was fun while it lasted, but maybe it will continue despite not serving the same purpose, maybe it won't. We'll have to wait and see.

|Akashii|

Dec 2, 2019
If you downloaded the most recent version of the game (called version 0.23 Part 2) you should not use the update patch.
The purpose of the patch is only to allow people who downloaded the previous version (called version 0.23 Part 1) to bring their game up to most recent version without having to redownload the whole file.
Thanks for the info

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes