niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Definitely, he is well on his way to complete Patreon independence, which is not something most games in this situation can say since the majority that get struck down by Patreon just stop production entirely. A tiny sliver remains until the 75% mark and not even 25% of the bar for the 100% mark remains as far as the goals on SubscribeStar that allow us to get a rough estimate to track progress from.

In the next patch, yes, it will be a MASSIVE rework, something like 158 existing events getting some kind of update. I don't know if there will be ANY new content, but I would neither expect any nor be surprised if there isn't, this rework is an insane workload already.
Yeah honestly, that's a relief. Speak volumes of LiL fans' loyalty to the game really :p.

As for the rework, I really don't mind there not being any new content in it, not like the game updates once a year like some others do lmao. I really hope it does rework the interface a little bit, I always thought it could use a little more work to be honest. Would be awesome to have a better looking interface I think

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah honestly, that's a relief. Speak volumes of LiL fans' loyalty to the game really :p.

As for the rework, I really don't mind there not being any new content in it, not like the game updates once a year like some others do lmao. I really hope it does rework the interface a little bit, I always thought it could use a little more work to be honest. Would be awesome to have a better looking interface I think
It does, I am actually kind of impressed by that, I've seen more fan bases abandon ship in the face of potential, not definite, shutdown than I care to remember and it has been the death of several games, especially during the initial purge on Patreon.

I don't think Selebus is making changes to the UI, only to actual story graphics and text as far as I could tell from what he has said.

StoLat

Feb 1, 2021
Well, despite getting a notification that they rejected my report it seems the mods have thankfully dealt with the huggy boy version on the FP. I suggested maybe keeping it in the extras section as a 'parody version' but it looks like they just took the cleanest route and simply removed all record of it. Thank fuck for that, a short time from now and we'll hopefully never have folks asking the same question for the thousand time.
Well, I think the cleanest route would have been to open a different thread for Subeles' Huggy Boy version right from the moment it was started. That would have avoided all of those questions from people who were not following the Selebus v. Patreon saga and more or less stumbled across the two version thread. Plus, even if (as I assume) Huggy boy will be abandoned, the impressive ruins of that parody would still be around for LiL fans who - for sentimental reasons -would still like to take a tour across the Stonehenge of dev v. Patreon warfare in the early 21st century every once in a while.

RazeSoldier

Feb 3, 2021
Does anyone have an idea of what did Maya see in the test of courage room ? I still have no clue what exactly happened in that event (The Scary Room event).

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Does anyone have an idea of what did Maya see in the test of courage room ? I still have no clue what exactly happened in that event (The Scary Room event).
She saw a Happy Event.

The translated ROT13 text is the key to the scene. It talks about how she's become complacent in the cycle (note how she starts fixating on the fact that she doesn't know the rules anymore after this scene), and then one of them says "she's prettier in the chair" or something like it. That's a callback to an earlier happy scene we get where a girl who looks like Maya is bound to a chair. You can also see the Room with the Clocks in the background in one of the final shots where she's surrounded by mannequins/angels and the timer is counting down.

In the aftermath of this scene, she starts tryiing to warn Sensei that she doesn't know the rules, that she could wake up not knowing who she is one day, etc. She starts to panic over the fact that Ayane showed up on the roof. This is all foreshadowing how the current reset plays out (and we have to wait at least 2 months to see how that cliffhanger resolves, dammit)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
She saw a Happy Event.

The translated ROT13 text is the key to the scene. It talks about how she's become complacent in the cycle (note how she starts fixating on the fact that she doesn't know the rules anymore after this scene), and then one of them says "she's prettier in the chair" or something like it. That's a callback to an earlier happy scene we get where a girl who looks like Maya is bound to a chair. You can also see the Room with the Clocks in the background in one of the final shots where she's surrounded by mannequins/angels and the timer is counting down.

In the aftermath of this scene, she starts tryiing to warn Sensei that she doesn't know the rules, that she could wake up not knowing who she is one day, etc. She starts to panic over the fact that Ayane showed up on the roof. This is all foreshadowing how the current reset plays out (and we have to wait at least 2 months to see how that cliffhanger resolves, dammit)
I'm too dumb for this game, the shit you guys figure out wouldn't occur to me in a million years.

Reactions: nashk

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
The event replay feature sometimes doesn't replay the entire scene. For example, it doesn't show Maya changing into a yukata at the end of "Somewhere Inside of a Dream", as well as the melon girl's scene in "Three Halves Make a Whole (Itadakimasu)". Is this some kind of a bug?

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
The event replay feature sometimes doesn't replay the entire scene. For example, it doesn't show Maya changing into a yukata at the end of "Somewhere Inside of a Dream", as well as the melon girl's scene in "Three Halves Make a Whole (Itadakimasu)". Is this some kind of a bug?
It might be, but FWIW I noticed that there's a 'default' state that gets used for the replays- the replay system doesn't play WHAT YOU SAW.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
It might be, but FWIW I noticed that there's a 'default' state that gets used for the replays- the replay system doesn't play WHAT YOU SAW.
That's the first thought I had as well, but that part about Maya changing into a yukata being left out doesn't make sense in that case. I guess it might be a bug that has something to do with chain events?

Reactions: forbiddentwo

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Replay assumes flags = false, unless flag must = true to see the scene at all.

So, for example, if the event requires FingerAmi = true to be visible (multple happy scenes have this condition set), it will be true for that scene, but if another event requires that flag to be true only to see a PART of that scene, it will be considered false.

Melon girl only appears at the festival if you're fingering Ami. She she appears as a conditional segment within a baseline scene, FingerAmi = False for that replay and that segment is skipped.

This makes Replay VERY unreliable for variable scenes/dialogue, but is working as intended.

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
Replay assumes flags = false, unless flag must = true to see the scene at all.

So, for example, if the event requires FingerAmi = true to be visible (multple happy scenes have this condition set), it will be true for that scene, but if another event requires that flag to be true only to see a PART of that scene, it will be considered false.

Melon girl only appears at the festival if you're fingering Ami. She she appears as a conditional segment within a baseline scene, FingerAmi = False for that replay and that segment is skipped.

This makes Replay VERY unreliable for variable scenes/dialogue, but is working as intended.
I see. Thanks for the explanation. I kinda wish it set the same flags for the replays, though, as I'd like to see some of those scenes again, the same way I experienced them the first time. Thankfully, I have a few saves for some of my favorite events.

_Grotest_

Aug 5, 2018
I can't decide what's more unsettling: happy scenes or MC's expressionless face with those weird eyes as if we playing as a living doll.

Besides it really takes you to be a masochist to keep talking with Yumi, can't phatom otherwise how mc didn't dropped her from this school still...

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
I can't decide what's more unsettling: happy scenes or MC's expressionless face with those weird eyes as if we playing as a living doll.

Besides it really takes you to be a masochist to keep talking with Yumi, can't phatom otherwise how mc didn't dropped her from this school still...
She's at least trying to do better, and she had a hard life. Plus, she's hot.

RazeSoldier

Feb 3, 2021
Does anyone have any idea of what the happy events are supposed to inform us about ? I just can't make sense of none of the events and I'm melting my mind trying.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes