barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Does anyone have any idea of what the happy events are supposed to inform us about ? I just can't make sense of none of the events and I'm melting my mind trying.
I think they represent Sensei's brain trying to unpack past trauma, a task complicated by the fact that he has forgotten most of the context surrounding any of it.

Reactions: forbiddentwo

doctor123

May 22, 2018
I just think it's a combination of past events/trauma's from Sensei's life & one of the 'higher powers' trying to break him for funsies.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
I'm on the bit where there is a black screen with "There is Nothing". What is that about?

Edit: Lightbulb!

Last edited:

Kamakazey

Apr 9, 2019
I'm on the bit where there is a black screen with "There is Nothing". What is that about?

Edit: Lightbulb!
I'm pretty sure that is end of content, and it will be for a while since they are working on revamping the beginning instead of new content. Which to be fair the start of the game feels like they weren't planning on this game being as long as it is now, as well as the writing improving by leaps and bounds over time.

My take on what some of the story is.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
I'm pretty sure that is end of content, and it will be for a while since they are working on revamping the beginning instead of new content. Which to be fair the start of the game feels like they weren't planning on this game being as long as it is now, as well as the writing improving by leaps and bounds over time.

I was thinking I had to load up the "There is Nothing" Main event and play that. But nope. There is Nothing.

RazeSoldier

Feb 3, 2021

Reactions: forbiddentwo

doctor123

May 22, 2018
Longshot theory that is probably wrong but what the hell, I'll say it here:

Also random theory about Maya's current situation:

Okay, both theories seem like long shots but fuck it, we have a while until the next update and I really do love LiL so might as well write down some of these theories and see if anything sticks lol.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017

Okay, both theories seem like long shots but fuck it, we have a while until the next update and I really do love LiL so might as well write down some of these theories and see if anything sticks lol.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
The event replay feature sometimes doesn't replay the entire scene. For example, it doesn't show Maya changing into a yukata at the end of "Somewhere Inside of a Dream", as well as the melon girl's scene in "Three Halves Make a Whole (Itadakimasu)". Is this some kind of a bug?
It's not a bug. Ren'Py replays use the default value of variables, and the default value of amifingered (which you need in order to see the melon girl in Three Halves Make a Whole -- if you aren't sleeping with Ami, you never meet her) is false.

That said, there are replays that end early. For example, during the D&D game during the beach, the replay version ends before you reach the part where Molly is sitting in Rin's room missing an eye and the lyrics to Lavender's Blue. This is visible when you play the event for real, and also in the script (ch2script.rpy, search for secondbeach8 = True and scroll down), but the Renpy command to end the replay version of the scene happens early. Selebus has confirmed on the Discord that this is intentional.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
It's not a bug. Ren'Py replays use the default value of variables, and the default value of amifingered (which you need in order to see the melon girl in Three Halves Make a Whole -- if you aren't sleeping with Ami, you never meet her) is false.

That said, there are replays that end early. For example, during the D&D game during the beach, the replay version ends before you reach the part where Molly is sitting in Rin's room missing an eye and the lyrics to Lavender's Blue. This is visible when you play the event for real, and also in the script (ch2script.rpy, search for secondbeach8 = True and scroll down), but the Renpy command to end the replay version of the scene happens early. Selebus has confirmed on the Discord that this is intentional.
Did he say why?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

You're getting the timeline a bit convoluted.

Sensei dated Niki and Noriko pined for him. Then Ami's parents died and he vanished on them. Noriko found him later, and began getting lessons from him. this is when Maya entered the picture.

I get really strong Ladyhawke vibes from Maya and Sensei. They can't be together, whatever curse has fallen upon them prevents it.

Context, because not everyone remembers 80s cinema like I do: In Ladyhawke, Matthrew Broderick stars as a young thief who gets caught up in the affairs of a couple doomed to always be together, but never the way they want. She turns into a hawk by day, he turns into a wolf at night, and they see each other in passing only during sunrise and sunset. The film is ultimately about breaking that curse.

From a narrative structure, Sensei has reached the point where the mentor leaves the picture. So Maya not returning is definitely on the table, and her getting reset has been foreshadowed multiple times since the Dorm War.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
"See you around".

There is nothing
I see what you did there.

I would say the latter is probably the case with Ayane based on what we know now, but more in the sense of 'let's fuck with them' than 'she's pregnant, so let's use that to fuck with them' if you catch my meaning. In the first, fucking with them does not specifically require the pregnancy, only that something unexpected happens, which Ayane reaching the roof in the first place qualifies as. In the second, pregnancy is required. At this point, I'm not even factoring in whether the pregnancy was real or not, just whether or not the gods would use it. That would be one giant risk to take on the chance that she is and we all know the gods want things to fall apart, hence my theory on the increasing puzzle difficulty, so they would logically use the most sure method. Ayane just so happened to be that method, pregnant or not, as she was probably already making her way up to the roof based on the timing versus how things usually go. The question then becomes why, why would they go through all this trouble when they knew, we knew that they couldn't do much in this cycle with him already on the roof. It makes no sense to act on it then when they could wait until the next cycle's reset and use whoever is close to stop Sensei from getting there.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes