forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
On that note, do you know what happened to Ami after reading her poem to us and then looking at her phone ? What did she see on the phone ? Sensei saw everything but didn't think it was weird. Even in the next event Ami looks really weird (managed to creep me out) but he still doesn't care. Can't we actually see it or what ?
It's the same thing that keeps happening to Sensei. She saw something that triggered some painful memories so she blanked out.

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020
Hey guys - just got to finishing Chapter 2 and got the 'Chapter 3' title screen....but now my game is stuck on a screen that is black and just says 'There is Nothing' - is it glitched, or is this because Chapter 3 isn't released yet, or?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hey guys - just got to finishing Chapter 2 and got the 'Chapter 3' title screen....but now my game is stuck on a screen that is black and just says 'There is Nothing' - is it glitched, or is this because Chapter 3 isn't released yet, or?
That's all for now. Chapter 3 will come out after Selebus reworks the first half of chapter 1.

Reactions: GeneralJo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
But… the rare Pokemon cards?

Some of that version was pretty fun, especally if you already knew the scene from the ‘real’ version.
I think the script remains in the ‘full’ version, so perhaps there’s a possibility of something like a toggle switch to select which to view/play?
It is possible, but the question is would the extra work to combine them instead of maintaining them as is, by which I mean separately, not stalling huggy boy entirely, be worth it.

You are not alone. I get lost constantly and am always bugging people in the discord about theories. Don't worry too much about it, the game alternates between being purposely obtuse, and then shoving the answers in your face before saying "Well I gave you the answer right there!" Note I say this affectionately, it annoys me but I still love the game.

The game wants you to pay 100% attention at all times to every detail, and it can be exhausting.

Yeah because of the finger ami flag there are SO many events missing. There is one replay with ami where after you talk to her and leave, she sits on the couch with a blank look on her face. You don't see that scene in the replay. That scene alone made me super paranoid about all the girls just turning into empty dolls when you are not looking.
I got the same feeling and I definitely won't rule out the possibility that that feeling of them turning into empty dolls is accurate. I have no idea where Selebus is taking this story, but I have a distinct feeling, as with any Denpa game I've played, that it won't be good in the emotional sense.

Oh that's creepy, like a reverse toy story where the toys only come to life when Andy is in the room... nope-ing out of that one.
Yep, creeps me the hell out. If I were Sensei and that actually happened, I would be out of that town instantly, unless Kumon-Mi is like Silent Hill, then there is no running.

I think this is only true for Ami. She's the only person we ever see glitch out (aside from Sensei, but his glitches are nothing like Ami's).

I recall an "Ami isn't real" theory on the Discord. I didn't see specifics, but she could be a construct created by one of the gods with the purpose of observing Sensei or distracting him.

Or she might be dead, since "Mangled Ami" is one of the characters we see in happy scenes.

Whatever the case, she's not a normal teenage girl, and whatever is going on with her, it appears to be unique to her.
For now, I still wouldn't rule out the possibility that we just have yet to witness a manifestation of this in the others.

So is that possible to get in romantic route with Ami if I refused her when sleeping over in the dorm? I got past beach event and saw a dorm happy scene where she accuses me of keeping distance so I feel kinda bad for her.
Typically, if you refuse the first H scene, you don't get another chance. That said, I do recall a couple exceptions. Exceptions in this case do not include cases where you hold off on triggering until after a certain point.

Reactions: nashk

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020
That's all for now. Chapter 3 will come out after Selebus reworks the first half of chapter 1.
Thanks for the reply! I figured that was the case, but in previous versions it took you back to the normal screens where you could continue playing it's just that there were no new events....so getting a black screen where nothing happened was a bit worrying...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Guys, why is Selebus' patreon page unavailable??
Patreon took it down, and it is unlikely to come back. He has moved almost entirely to subscribestar now.
I doubt he even wants it back at this point, too much of a headache and he's already expressed a change of preference to the SubscribeStar, which was expressed before this even happened.

Before it gets asked, the reason for the takedown was not even given to Selebus, but it can be implied by the message Selebus was given, which he shared a screenshot of on Discord, that they caught onto his two version scheme, a scheme which violates Patreon policy because, apparently, Patreon thinks they rule the entire internet and can tell developers where they are allowed to keep what version of that developer's, not Patreon's, game (As for what the actual policy apparently entails according to the words of the Patreon 'Trust and Safety' thug sent to respond to Selebus, developers are not allowed to have a different version of the game, period. What happens in the Patreon approved version is what Patreon wants a developer to have in all versions exclusively).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
does anyone still remember where on this thread the patreon images were posted?
They were removed in the latest off topic mod clean up, blame me if you want, I'm the one who requested the mods to clean the thread for an off topic conversation that was otherwise not going to stop. I would have preferred they were kept, but I don't get to choose what the mods remove once they are summoned.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Since you seem to be a big fan of the game Alex (and everyone here), does anyone here have any clue what in the everloving fuck was up with that Ami event (something blood something god)?

I've always wondered (especially with the latest event) if Ami doesn't somehow have some connection to the Gods of this setting.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Since you seem to be a big fan of the game Alex (and everyone here), does anyone here have any clue what in the everloving fuck was up with that Ami event (something blood something god)?

I've always wondered (especially with the latest event) if Ami doesn't somehow have some connection to the Gods of this setting.
Google up the name of the event and that should give you some insight.

Think of Ami as the horse who got Sensei through the rough time in his life but feels threatened.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019

Ami's father's name on the grave stone she and Sensei visit is Nozomu (I may have misspelled this), which is the god in one of the stories in the game that created everything by using an onahole. This is one place that suggests a connection between her and one of the gods.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

At this point, it is extremely difficult to tell where Selebus is going with any part of the story. Basically everything that most of us do, aside from the comments that are based on evidence that was presented in game already, mostly by Barglezarglezous, are throwing things at the wall to see what sticks in the next update.

I can say this, whatever is going on is definitely related to the underlying cause of everything, whatever is going on in the shadows. Of that I have no doubt even if I cannot confirm it definitively.

Ami's father's name on the grave stone she and Sensei visit is Nozomu (I may have misspelled this), which is the god in one of the stories in the game that created everything by using an onahole. This is one place that suggests a connection between her and one of the gods.
I'm pretty sure the spelling is correct, at least that's what comes to mind when I say it out loud.

Thanks for the mental image of sensei putting a saddle on Ami and riding her around....
Now this I would love to see, in game or just in a random render. Now I'm curious to see if there's a saddle object in Koikatsu's studio. EDIT: They do have saddles, there are eight released by modders.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
perception

Sorry Alex.
To take this a bit further -- there are a number of pieces of information you need. They're all in the happy scene you can witness through this event (explore menu options until you see it) or in the event prior to this one. Perception will get you started, but there's 4-6 more questions after that.

All of it can be accessed through Replay, as well, so opening a second client of the game and having those scenes up in Replay can be a huge help (this is true for most of these kinds of puzzles in the game, at least until Selebus cares enough to only include answers in flag-conditional segments that aren't viewable in Replay).

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
On Discord, Sel announced that he's scoped out the revamp and is now targeting July 1 for its release.
I was absolutely out of my mind thinking there was a chance I could have the revamp done by 6/1. The new [tentative] release date is 7/1 and my entire schedule/planner for it is viewable in the Fix LiL Discord.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes