Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I feel like I need a psychiatric evaluation after playing this even part way. Is the Dev OK? Cause this is slightly disturbing if it's a reflection of their view on life... Edit I give up. Spoiler works wrong here.
I would not recommend this game if you are going through depression, Bluejay alone fucked me up.

Apr 2, 2018
Last estimation was July. It won't be the whole thing, the problem is that he improved by a wide margin over the last couple years of development and that means early content is not up to the same standard. The only real way to fix that is to remake the content that is up to his old level, which is what he is doing. This isn't like, as an example, Scarlet Law, where that developer has restarted the entire story twice and renamed the game, albeit not by choice, once.
i don't see it as a problem at all, quite the contrary. if the man feels he can make the early game better, i completely support that, especially considering that even his early work was by far superior to most of the stuff in this community. especially if he's doing it all at once, rather than the typical dev who changes half the game every time they release a patch. i just pray this game eventually gets completed, or at least gets some degree of closure, since unfortunately 99% of renpy h games remain in development forever as the devs milk patreon for all its worth (harem hotel, waifu academy, mythic manor, corrupted kingdom, champion of the realm, etc.).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I feel like I need a psychiatric evaluation after playing this even part way. Is the Dev OK? Cause this is slightly disturbing if it's a reflection of their view on life... Edit I give up. Spoiler works wrong here.
I would not recommend this game if you are going through depression, Bluejay alone fucked me up.
You are not alone, "Delirium" did that to me. I couldn't sleep after seeing it I was so disturbed. He is truly a master of the proverbial pen if we have been affected like that, most games like this, even the ones that are more story based like this, are just meh and don't really cause an effect on me, but this one did. It is a sign of greatness when a work of fictional literature stirs real emotions as strongly as this does.

i don't see it as a problem at all, quite the contrary. if the man feels he can make the early game better, i completely support that, especially considering that even his early work was by far superior to most of the stuff in this community. especially if he's doing it all at once, rather than the typical dev who changes half the game every time they release a patch. i just pray this game eventually gets completed, or at least gets some degree of closure, since unfortunately 99% of renpy h games remain in development forever as the devs milk patreon for all its worth (harem hotel, waifu academy, mythic manor, corrupted kingdom, champion of the realm, etc.).
Agreed, though literally none of your examples at the end are milking. Like this game, they are all designed to take a long time to make. This game, for example, still has a couple years at least before the story is completed. I can't speak for any you didn't name and there are indeed some who milk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riolol
Jul 11, 2019
I hope the dev is okay. Selebus hasn't updated in months which is weird considering his nigh-monthly usual updates.
He's fine as far as I know.
Sel has been working on reworking the earlier part of LiL, since it really isn't up to his standards. (I compared it and it's actually good, but a far cry from his current capabilities.)
In fact we passed the 50% mark not too long ago. Schedule's only been pushed back due to the Huggy Boy and Patreon stuff.

Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think Uta knows already.

Uta and Io are best friends. They were e-buddies before ever meeting in person. They were likely each other's first crush, since we do know that back when they were e-buddies, each had assumed the other was a guy. It's safe to assume they tell each other everything.

Which means Uta likely knows about Sensei taking Ayane to the bathhouse, as well as anything else Io has witnessed -- since Io literally only talks to two people, she has nobody else to vent to about Sensei being Sensei EXCEPT Uta.

And I think the real reason Uta's holding out is because she knows just how fragile Io is, and knows that until Io is okay with it (and she's clearly not at this point), it would absolutely DEVASTATE her best friend if she hooked up with him.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yuki assumed he was sleeping with Yumi, and didn't believe him when he insisted he wasn't. It wasn't until she saw Yumi's response to the idea that she realized he had been telling the truth.

So if he started sleeping with Yumi NOW, that would likely prompt an unkind response.

Tsuneyo is unlikely to commit a violent act selfishly -- but we know for a fact she will to protect someone else. Ami would pretty much ONLY commit violent acts selfishly.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think Uta knows already.

Uta and Io are best friends. They were e-buddies before ever meeting in person. They were likely each other's first crush, since we do know that back when they were e-buddies, each had assumed the other was a guy. It's safe to assume they tell each other everything.

Which means Uta likely knows about Sensei taking Ayane to the bathhouse, as well as anything else Io has witnessed -- since Io literally only talks to two people, she has nobody else to vent to about Sensei being Sensei EXCEPT Uta.

And I think the real reason Uta's holding out is because she knows just how fragile Io is, and knows that until Io is okay with it (and she's clearly not at this point), it would absolutely DEVASTATE her best friend if she hooked up with him.
I have to agree fully here, but there is one more thing that plays into the general setting. These are girls in a school setting, so gossip tends to spread extremely quickly. Unlike Io, Uta isn't exactly limited in interaction with the other girls, so she could learn things through them as well if they know something.

Yuki assumed he was sleeping with Yumi, and didn't believe him when he insisted he wasn't. It wasn't until she saw Yumi's response to the idea that she realized he had been telling the truth.

So if he started sleeping with Yumi NOW, that would likely prompt an unkind response.

Tsuneyo is unlikely to commit a violent act selfishly -- but we know for a fact she will to protect someone else. Ami would pretty much ONLY commit violent acts selfishly.
Given Yumi's response, an unkind response would likely come from both mother and daughter. She may not get along with Yuki, to put it mildly, but a common enemy unites even the worst adversaries, not always, but it happens.

I agree on Tsuneyo, she seems too nonviolent or even honor bound against violence without reason. Ami, however, just needs a little push and there will likely be a murder spree.

Reactions: SnakeUnderTheTree

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Oh yeah, about 'A Life of Prizes": How did we know how to breath again? Because I do remember the answer, but the only time we had breathing with numbers was Ami's 1. 2. 1. 4. 8. which didn't add up to the answer. (As far as I remember)
In that event, there's mention of "the middle parts dropping out" and "neglecting all that is in the middle", which is how I figured out to ignore the 2/1/4.

Leedge

Jan 14, 2020
I'm pretty sure my game has softlocked, I've just gotten to the beach section with Makoto (have been absolutely loving the game btw), and right after their scene in the hotel it cuts IMMEDIATELY to a scene on Halloween night with her, where they have sex despite mc saying he wouldn't in the hotel. After that it just cuts right to a regular day without taking me back to the beach scenario, and I've played through a ton of days but no progress has been made. I thought this was intentional or something at first considering something similar had happened right after a clock room scene, where this character called Nikki came out of absolutely nowhere, but it feels like it just bugged and I have no clue how to start fixing it without ruining all my progress with Makoto. Maybe it's my old version? Idk. If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate a response.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I'm pretty sure my game has softlocked, I've just gotten to the beach section with Makoto (have been absolutely loving the game btw), and right after their scene in the hotel it cuts IMMEDIATELY to a scene on Halloween night with her, where they have sex despite mc saying he wouldn't in the hotel. After that it just cuts right to a regular day without taking me back to the beach scenario, and I've played through a ton of days but no progress has been made. I thought this was intentional or something at first considering something similar had happened right after a clock room scene, where this character called Nikki came out of absolutely nowhere, but it feels like it just bugged and I have no clue how to start fixing it without ruining all my progress with Makoto. Maybe it's my old version? Idk. If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate a response.
This is a bug in the old (21p1) version of the game that keeps cropping up because people applied an old decensor patch for 21p1 to later versions of the game (because mods kept it on the front page for no reason). Just download 23p2 from subscribestar and don't apply anything to it, then use a save from before the "clock room scene" where Niki showed up.

Antonio Bellpepper

Jun 3, 2022
I've been reading through this thread and saw some discussion about revamping the early game.

When I first came across this game I knew nothing about it, but I was mostly just looking for H material. I appreciated the early stuff, but then I found myself skipping through a bunch of dialogue to get to the next lewd scene.

I slowly started to pay more attention to the dialogue and realized that there was actually some good writing and interesting characters.

I just got into Chapter 2 and I agree that the writing and the overall flow of the game is much better than the earlier parts. You can really tell that the dev has gotten better as the game progresses.

At this point I've decided to wait for the Chapter 1 update to start over and pay more attention to the story. I also feel like I've made a mistake by missing that one Rin event since she's probably become my favorite character.

I think slowing down Chapter 1 will really improve the pacing, although I wonder if I would have stuck with the game if I had started with the updated version without the early H scenes.

Anyways my point is that I went into this thing looking for fap material and now I'm waiting around for story and character development. I think that's a testament to how good this game is.

Last edited:

BlueOfficial223

Aug 23, 2021
Could someone tell me what happened in the last 3 events?? I don't know English, so I'm a little lost (using translator to speak here) what happened to maya?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Could someone tell me what happened in the last 3 events?? I don't know English, so I'm a little lost (using translator to speak here) what happened to maya?
At the moment, we don't know. All we know is that she is not on the rooftop.

My theory (STRONG emphasis on theory) is that she also has to navigate some kind of challenge to get to the rooftop for every reset (like we've had to with all the puzzles), and it's either taking her longer this time, or she's failed it. We're on a cliffhanger (this word may not translate well, I can clarify meaning if needed) until the next update.

Reaku67

Jul 4, 2020
Does anyone else think all the eggs symbolize the dead girl mentioned in 7th Happy Event? After all, Tamago can be a female given name, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Does anyone else think all the eggs symbolize the dead girl mentioned in 7th Happy Event? After all, Tamago can be a female given name, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
What hatches from eggs? Several animals, but notably -- birds.

There are a lot of bird references in the game. From Noodles, to event titles, to Maya talking about pecking out a child's brain like a finch.

"Baby bird" is a term often used to describe something helpless and delicate that needs to be protected. Like students in a classroom.

It could also be a symbol of birth -- there are substantial allusions to pregnancy within the game, and it could be indicative that one or more of the girls are actually Sensei's daughters.

There is a "Maya is Sensei's daughter" theory. I'm not sure how much evidence or support it has. A more common one is that Ami is Sensei's daughter with Teacher.

There's also the "Maya is pregnant" theory, which has some support (she has held melons like a pregnancy belly several times, and having to repeat the first trimester of a pregnancy and all the morning sickness that comes with it for uncounted years would definitely explain her salt -- oh, and she eats for two. Constantly.)

Not saying you're wrong -- all of the above could be true at the same time. Or all of it wrong.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
It's also implied that Sana is Sensei's daughter (or atleast that's one way to look at it), you meet what's implied to be young Sara during one of the happy scenes and it really does come off as though Sensei's the one who knocked her up.

Which is kinda impossible, but weirder things have happened in this game.

Leedge

Jan 14, 2020
This is a bug in the old (21p1) version of the game that keeps cropping up because people applied an old decensor patch for 21p1 to later versions of the game (because mods kept it on the front page for no reason). Just download 23p2 from subscribestar and don't apply anything to it, then use a save from before the "clock room scene" where Niki showed up.
You are my hero, I will be eternally thankful.

Reactions: moodle
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes