mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Has it ever been explained why Kirin behaves the way she does? I'm assuming a good deal of it has to do with her desire to be different from her sister but that can't be the whole story can it?

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Has it ever been explained why Kirin behaves the way she does? I'm assuming a good deal of it has to do with her desire to be different from her sister but that can't be the whole story can it?
It hasn't been fully explained, and in fact Kirin has actively opposed Sensei's attempts to figure her out and get more information about her motivations.

I'm sure we'll get more information eventually about why she decided that she wanted to be a sociopath even though she didn't start out as one.

Reactions: alex2011

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
It hasn't been fully explained, and in fact Kirin has actively opposed Sensei's attempts to figure her out and get more information about her motivations.

I'm sure we'll get more information eventually about why she decided that she wanted to be a sociopath even though she didn't start out as one.
I'm not sure she is actually a sociopath though, there's plenty of moments throughout the story that hint at her being more or less like the other girls (especially with how flustered she gets when you pick her as the "marry" option in the "Marry-Fuck-Kill" game).

I'm assuming this is merely the way she's found to be able to deal with her feelings of anger/confusion normal to a teen her age, that, and the fact that she feels she can "connect" better to Sensei by being how she is.

Last edited:

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
A brief section in "Goodnight" (end of second beach event) offers insight into her behavior.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I see but that's stated for March and April and May has already passed as well is there any new updates on when new content could possibly be released?
July was the last estimate given, the rework covers over 150 different events, naturally that much work takes a long time.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Thanks is the wiki up-to-date?
Yes. It's probably got a couple of small errors for event requirements, but it's 99% accurate.
I'm not sure she is actually a sociopath though, there's plenty of moments throughout the story that hint at her being more or less like the other girls (especially with how flustered she gets when you pick her as the "marry" option in the "Marry-Fuck-Kill" game).

I'm assuming this is merely the way she's found to be able to deal with her feelings of anger/confusion normal to a teen her age, that, and the fact that she feels she can "connect" better to Sensei by being how she is.
Right, that's my whole point. She's not a sociopath, she just wants to be, for some fucking reason.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yes. It's probably got a couple of small errors for event requirements, but it's 99% accurate.

Right, that's my whole point. She's not a sociopath, she just wants to be, for some fucking reason.
I don't think we'll ever understand how that girl ticks until the end, she is the type to keep to herself unless what she wants cannot be gained by herself. Not really a sociopath, but definitely more self-centered than the other girls. Unless, of course, she does something that tips us, the players, off to her reasons beyond serving her own desires, which there are signs of, just not enough to tell us what we are trying to figure out here.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I see but that's stated for March and April and May has already passed as well is there any new updates on when new content could possibly be released?
When that announcement was made, the plan was for the rework to start early this year. Then...some stuff happened. The last two updates that were supposed to come out in January wound up not coming out until late February and mid-March, so the entire rework timetable got shifted as well.

The original projection was June 1 for the rework update, but he has since said the rework was bigger in scope than anticipated and July 1 is more likely. He said a few weeks ago that he was about half done with it, but someone point out that a major coding project that was being rolled into it hadn't started yet, and that alone could add two weeks to project. So, with all honesty, I'm not expecting another update until August. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but that seems like a realistic expectation.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
When that announcement was made, the plan was for the rework to start early this year. Then...some stuff happened. The last two updates that were supposed to come out in January wound up not coming out until late February and mid-March, so the entire rework timetable got shifted as well.

The original projection was June 1 for the rework update, but he has since said the rework was bigger in scope than anticipated and July 1 is more likely. He said a few weeks ago that he was about half done with it, but someone point out that a major coding project that was being rolled into it hadn't started yet, and that alone could add two weeks to project. So, with all honesty, I'm not expecting another update until August. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but that seems like a realistic expectation.
His latest word in the Discord is that he's shooting for July 7, which seems very plausible from watching the progress tracker.

The thing I think is likeliest is that he'll incorporate some of the technical changes he wants to include in the .24 rework patch, and then other changes he didn't have time for will come in for .25 part 1, the post-reset update which will be some main events and a ton of repeatable events being updated (the way that character repeatables changed going from chapter 1 to chapter 2).

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
His latest word in the Discord is that he's shooting for July 7, which seems very plausible from watching the progress tracker.

The thing I think is likeliest is that he'll incorporate some of the technical changes he wants to include in the .24 rework patch, and then other changes he didn't have time for will come in for .25 part 1, the post-reset update which will be some main events and a ton of repeatable events being updated (the way that character repeatables changed going from chapter 1 to chapter 2).
Good to know.

I have lost visibility on the progress tracker, for some reason, so I could only base it on the last status I saw before it vanished.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Does anyone know the source for the mp3 file yasusings? It’s the song that plays when Yasu does karaoke by herself in the dark at I think the second Christmas party in the hotel. I’m obsessed with it. That, and thingsthathurt, which I first noticed playing during one of Yuki’s events.

I’ve found some of the soundtrack scattered on youtube, but no such luck for those two particular tracks.

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
Does anyone know the source for the mp3 file yasusings? It’s the song that plays when Yasu does karaoke by herself in the dark at I think the second Christmas party in the hotel. I’m obsessed with it. That, and thingsthathurt, which I first noticed playing during one of Yuki’s events.

I’ve found some of the soundtrack scattered on youtube, but no such luck for those two particular tracks.
yasusings = ゆうり (Yuuri) - そばにいて (Soba ni ite - Stay with me)
thingsthathurt = Azell - 密林参道 (Mitsurin sandō - Dense forest approach)

The mp3 files are in the game folder.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
yasusings = ゆうり (Yuuri) - そばにいて (Soba ni ite - Stay with me)
thingsthathurt = Azell - 密林参道 (Mitsurin sandō - Dense forest approach)

The mp3 files are in the game folder.
Thank you kindly. I’m not able to find them on youtube still but at least I know what they’re supposed to be called. I found them in the game folder previously, I just wanted to be able to listen on my phone

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
Thank you kindly. I’m not able to find them on youtube still but at least I know what they’re supposed to be called. I found them in the game folder previously, I just wanted to be able to listen on my phone
Sorry, I didn't realize you were looking for YouTube links. I've added them now.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes