Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
All versions after 0.23.0 part 2 will be uncensored, Huggy Boy is dead.
I just hope Sel make a cheat code to turn on the "huggy mode" just for historic and lol purposes (no need to update that) =)
I mean, how sad will it be if future players never know about adventures of huggy boy and his accountant Ami?

Last edited:

MadRogueTheKnight

Mar 19, 2022
Man, it has been a LOOOOOOOONG while since I last played LiL. It seems the rework is already available here... for some f-ing reason (seriously, explain to me how f95 works. Devs seem to be A-ok with games being posted here even if there were no free releases made by them).

Anyway, I´ve been wondering... based on what Sel told me (or someone else, can´t remember who he was replying) on Itch.io, should I just avoid like half of the game´s content? Because Sel said that there´s an actual ``dark route`` and considering that LiL likes to fuck your mind at the first wrong turn, I imagine the dark route is triggered by kissing Yumi in the ``This city has two halves`` event but it could start with any other choice in any other event. Hell, if anything there are multiple choices that halt whatever route you´re going for and trigger the dark route.

With that said, my question remains. Should I avoid everything and try to live a normal life? At least as normal as it can be with an asshole like Sensei. And by ``normal life`` I mean fucking anyone but students, married women and creepy girls involved with entities that are way beyond human comprehension... *staring motherfuckerly at Maya and her evil, horny twin sister*

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
You can...at the cost of multiple Maya events that rely on an Ami relationship to make sense and are therefore automatically marked missed.
We miss out on some lore heavy stuff if we turn her down but I feel that we're soon going to face the consequences of accepting her in the upcoming chapter. Of course if you don't accept her then that will lead to its own problems down the line. A damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Man, it has been a LOOOOOOOONG while since I last played LiL. It seems the rework is already available here... for some f-ing reason (seriously, explain to me how f95 works. Devs seem to be A-ok with games being posted here even if there were no free releases made by them).

Anyway, I´ve been wondering... based on what Sel told me (or someone else, can´t remember who he was replying) on Itch.io, should I just avoid like half of the game´s content? Because Sel said that there´s an actual ``dark route`` and considering that LiL likes to fuck your mind at the first wrong turn, I imagine the dark route is triggered by kissing Yumi in the ``This city has two halves`` event but it could start with any other choice in any other event. Hell, if anything there are multiple choices that halt whatever route you´re going for and trigger the dark route.

With that said, my question remains. Should I avoid everything and try to live a normal life? At least as normal as it can be with an asshole like Sensei. And by ``normal life`` I mean fucking anyone but students, married women and creepy girls involved with entities that are way beyond human comprehension... *staring motherfuckerly at Maya and her evil, horny twin sister*
So, it's not that there's multiple paths through the story.

Instead of routes, think of them as phases.

Right now, we're in the harem phase. Sensei's running around, shagging everything that moves, not terribly concerned with how he might be hurting any of the characters. It's not a true harem (the girls for the most part don't know about each other, most have made it clear they are not okay with sharing, etc), but it almost kinda-sorta feels like one if you skip half the text.

Eventually, this will transition fully into the dark phase. Signs of it have been peeking through since early on, and as it's progressed, the darkness has been more noticeable, but we're not there yet. There are many ways the dark phase could go, it could wind up being very bloody indeed, but it won't be optional. To get to the end, you will HAVE to go through the dark phase, and we'll all be entering it at the same time.

When that phase is over, Sel will begin adding purity routes. Those will be single-girl routes that take them through to their story's conclusion, and will be added individually (order chosen mostly at random, according to the old post on the subject). Once all those are in the game, a final "true" ending will be added.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Wait... I HAVE to do everything again? :cautious:

I've completed ALL events but the new ones from ch.1 (v24) don't appear as completed on the event list in my "old" save (right at the end of v23)...

(weird thing is that they appear as completed on my v22 save :unsure: so if something goes wrong at least I don't have to do EVERYTHING again :ROFLMAO:)
Old saves are compatible, which means you don't have to do anything again.

Although sadly, Sel added some new early-game events that you probably won't be able to do. But as long as you aren't a completionist, there's nothing stopping you from using your old save file to keep chugging along.

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
So, it's not that there's multiple paths through the story.

Instead of routes, think of them as phases.

Right now, we're in the harem phase. Sensei's running around, shagging everything that moves, not terribly concerned with how he might be hurting any of the characters. It's not a true harem (the girls for the most part don't know about each other, most have made it clear they are not okay with sharing, etc), but it almost kinda-sorta feels like one if you skip half the text.

Eventually, this will transition fully into the dark phase. Signs of it have been peeking through since early on, and as it's progressed, the darkness has been more noticeable, but we're not there yet. There are many ways the dark phase could go, it could wind up being very bloody indeed, but it won't be optional. To get to the end, you will HAVE to go through the dark phase, and we'll all be entering it at the same time.

When that phase is over, Sel will begin adding purity routes. Those will be single-girl routes that take them through to their story's conclusion, and will be added individually (order chosen mostly at random, according to the old post on the subject). Once all those are in the game, a final "true" ending will be added.
NICE BOAT ending is definitely a huge possibility with ami clearly going into the yandere path.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Loving the update so far. Something that's always bothered me though, especially coming back to it - does anyone else think sensai looks goofy? Like he's a small child in an adult body. His shoulders are too broad for his face, or something. Or even just his smooth complexion. I can't get over how silly he looks when he's in an h-scene...
Likely an effect of Illusion's penchant for having nearly zero care put into the male maker in their games.

I just hope Sel make a cheat code to turn on the "huggy mode" just for historic and lol purposes (no need to update that) =)
I mean, how sad will it be if future players never know about adventures of huggy boy and his accountant Ami?
That would involve merging Huggy Boy into the main game, which is more work than it is worth with trying to make sure it never conflicts with the canon game.

Not true, only some developers, not including Selebus at least for subscriber releases, are okay with it. Selebus is okay with the free version being posted as is basically any developer. F95 is a pirate site, it does not matter to F95 if a developer is okay with their game being uploaded here.

The dark route is yet to be written, but there are signs it is close at hand in the latest section of the story. No, it is not triggered by that Yumi thing, that's just part of the current general route. As far as we know, the dark route will be another general route that is much darker in tone and will bring the game's full Denpa nature out.

We miss out on some lore heavy stuff if we turn her down but I feel that we're soon going to face the consequences of accepting her in the upcoming chapter. Of course if you don't accept her then that will lead to its own problems down the line. A damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation.
We might, but do we really have a choice or is that choice merely the illusion thereof? Maybe she'll be even worse BECAUSE you avoided her. Knowing how she behaves when not avoiding her and inviting other girls over, I can only imagine avoiding her would be like letting her watch you have sex with Maya (no, there is no Maya sex in front of Ami, this was just an example of one thing that would probably break her in the worst way possible).

NICE BOAT ending is definitely a huge possibility with ami clearly going into the yandere path.
I could very easily see some of the characters, possibly including Sensei, getting a nice boat moment on the dark route, though I don't see it happening before that. The absolute last thing someone should ever do involving a yandere is get in the yandere's way and anyone who spends too much time hanging around the yandere's love interest, interrupts interactions between the yandere and the love interest, or that tries to take the love interest from the yandere is automatically getting in the yandere's way. This can include the love interest as well, leading to a nice boat moment, AKA 'if I can't have them, no one can,' typically followed by the yandere themselves joining the love interest.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
That would involve merging Huggy Boy into the main game, which is more work than it is worth with trying to make sure it never conflicts with the canon game.
Its already merged though? I mean, its pretty much a trigger away. Like, we "normally" play with trigger bonus = True, and if its False then its a Huggy boy edition.
I mean, Sel put quite an effort in this edition, lets make it not totally wasted by giving player the way to expirience it (it's quite fun).
No need being consistent or whatever, just a warning that its not canon and may break your game (just play it on a dedicated save), no need for updating it or doing anything for it anymore either.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Its already merged though? I mean, its pretty much a trigger away. Like, we "normally" play with trigger bonus = True, and if its False then its a Huggy boy edition.
I mean, Sel put quite an effort in this edition, lets not make it a totally wasted effort by giving player the way to expirience it (it's quite fun).
No need being consistent or whatever, just a warning that its not canon and may break your game (just play it on a dedicated save), no need for updating it or doing anything for it anymore either.
Pretty sure they were completely separate versions, Patreoon typically doesn't catch on if there is only a flag separating the content. Remember that they basically caught Selebus on the fact that he was distributing two different versions of the game in two different places, one version having content that they previously ordered him to remove. That typically means two completely separate releases as the games that only protect the game from Patreon using a simple flag in the code tend to not get caught (there is no separate version with those games, so they can't be caught distributing a separate version that violates the ToS of Patreon somewhere else).

I'm also pretty sure he wants to leave it behind judging by how quickly he dropped it once there was no need to keep it.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Pretty sure they were completely separate versions, Patreoon typically doesn't catch on if there is only a flag separating the content. Remember that they basically caught Selebus on the fact that he was distributing two different versions of the game in two different places, one version having content that they previously ordered him to remove. That typically means two completely separate releases as the games that only protect the game from Patreon using a simple flag in the code tend to not get caught (there is no separate version with those games, so they can't be caught distributing a separate version that violates the ToS of Patreon somewhere else).

I'm also pretty sure he wants to leave it behind judging by how quickly he dropped it once there was no need to keep it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again, its already there. Only 1 trigger away.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again, its already there. Only 1 trigger away.
I completely missed it, I was looking in the wrong file, apparently. I was looking where it would trigger globally for any problem character instead of in AmiEvents. Yeah, it's there, but it still doesn't cover the second part where he seemingly doesn't want to maintain it as is or otherwise (emphasis on seemingly). He dropped it pretty much immediately the second it was no longer necessary to hide the real version of the game and is on record saying he will not continue developing it, which supports the idea of him not wanting anything to do with it anymore.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019

You cant run from dark route. The only things that may (and probably will) enfluence the severity of it is if you romanced Amy and side characters. Thats the only choice you can influence. You are bad homey to Rin is canon, by the way, but still have a choice (but I think its just a temporary measure and sensei will get things his way pretty soon). And yeah, being calm or callous is also pretty huge decision (you can postpone it for a moment by being concerned (and get a tiny bit of lore in the process), but will have to choose anyway).
If there is something that I missed please share.
Oh yeah, I think that our Yumi kissing may be a demo of difference between callous and calm?
Like, being calm is losing a bit of memory (or maybe it was "acting without much bullshit", not sure) and have quite an observative eye, like, about how it will hurt to fall down from the roof and share that point with Yumi.
And callous is about being horny and dont really giving a fk.

I completely missed it, I was looking in the wrong file, apparently. I was looking where it would trigger globally for any problem character instead of in AmiEvents. Yeah, it's there, but it still doesn't cover the second part where he seemingly doesn't want to maintain it as is or otherwise (emphasis on seemingly). He dropped it pretty much immediately the second it was no longer necessary to hide the real version of the game and is on record saying he will not continue developing it, which supports the idea of him not wanting anything to do with it anymore.
Yeah, that's why i said there is no need to even bother with it, outside of giving players an opportunity to play it, since otherwise its a totally wasted effort. And, well, I will not be really shocked if rework destroyed some of the lines.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You cant run from dark route. The only things that may (and probably will) enfluence the severity of it is if you romanced Amy and side characters. Thats the only choice you can influence. You are bad homey to Rin is canon, by the way, but still have a choice (but I think its just a temporary measure and sensei will get things his way pretty soon). And yeah, being calm or callous is also pretty huge decision (you can postpone it for a moment by being concerned (and get a tiny bit of lore in the process), but will have to choose anyway).
If there is something that I missed please share.
Oh yeah, I think that our Yumi kissing may be a demo of difference between callous and calm?
Like, being calm is losing a bit of memory (or maybe it was "acting without much bullshit", not sure) and have quite an observative eye, like, about how it will hurt to fall down from the roof and share that point with Yumi.
And callous is about being horny and dont really giving a fk.

Yeah, that's why i said there is no need to even bother with it, outside of giving players an opportunity to play it, since otherwise its a totally wasted effort. And, well, I will not be really shocked if rework destroyed some of the lines.
I don't think he's going to enable it for playing, it may just stay unused code now. I also don't see him removing the code since it would do nothing but cost him time he could be using to develop the game, so if someone wants to figure out how to mod it, it would likely be appreciated by a lot of players and he probably won't mind.

Anyone who does should be prepared to make a patch on the small chance he removes the code for it entirely, though.

Reactions: Vizer007

HurriKaneJohns

Sep 15, 2020
I really need help to get the Nothing Was Missing, Except Me event. I have all requirements needed (on Day 321 and still nothing) but after reading the guide only thing I might need to do is write a letter for the Missing event (even though I have it checked off in the event tracker). I remember the Missing but after 250+ days in the game and almost a week in life I forgot if I need to do something special outside the class.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Sel is not OK with it being posted here. If you want to support him, go to the subscribestar and toss him $5.

The dark route will occur at some point in the future. He said on the Discord it won't be as long as the harem route. I expect we have several more years before it starts; he also said on the Discord that we won't know it's happening until it happens, but once it does happen it will be totally unambiguous.
I really need help to get the Nothing Was Missing, Except Me event. I have all requirements needed (on Day 321 and still nothing) but after reading the guide only thing I might need to do is write a letter for the Missing event (even though I have it checked off in the event tracker). I remember the Missing but after 250+ days in the game and almost a week in life I forgot if I need to do something special outside the class.
Call Ayane in the morning at affection 10 after doing her other events. The guide/wiki are updated in sync with the public release, not the subscriber one.

HurriKaneJohns

Sep 15, 2020
Sel is not OK with it being posted here. If you want to support him, go to the subscribestar and toss him $5.

The dark route will occur at some point in the future. He said on the Discord it won't be as long as the harem route. I expect we have several more years before it starts; he also said on the Discord that we won't know it's happening until it happens, but once it does happen it will be totally unambiguous.

Call Ayane in the morning at affection 10 after doing her other events. The guide/wiki are updated in sync with the public release, not the subscriber one.
Thank you so much for the help! I never thought of calling Ayane since for me I have my eyes for other girls she wasn't in my mind.

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
I could very easily see some of the characters, possibly including Sensei, getting a nice boat moment on the dark route, though I don't see it happening before that. The absolute last thing someone should ever do involving a yandere is get in the yandere's way and anyone who spends too much time hanging around the yandere's love interest, interrupts interactions between the yandere and the love interest, or that tries to take the love interest from the yandere is automatically getting in the yandere's way. This can include the love interest as well, leading to a nice boat moment, AKA 'if I can't have them, no one can,' typically followed by the yandere themselves joining the love interest.
Ami is clearly being hostile toward people that is getting closer to sensei. Best example would be noriko with her open affection toward sensei while other occasional showing their affection. Its only time till the fuse is blown.

Reactions: alex2011

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Thank you so much for the help! I never thought of calling Ayane since for me I have my eyes for other girls she wasn't in my mind.
The game mentions a few times that you can't just laser down one girl: you need to progress them all. As a general heuristic, if you get stuck with one character's events, bring other characters up for a while.

Reactions: HurriKaneJohns

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ami is clearly being hostile toward people that is getting closer to sensei. Best example would be noriko with her open affection toward sensei while other occasional showing their affection. Its only time till the fuse is blown.
VERY clearly, I mean the literal fire in her eyes is kind of telling.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes